PDA

View Full Version : what is the wierdest encounter you have ever faced

Creeping Shadow
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
my wierdest one was a group of ninjas (whom i smited :twak:) i met in the aruguay forest

RedCydranth
04-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Mandalia Plains: There was a group of Dragons and one was a guest.

conan
04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Dont forget about the fight vs 11 monks on Grog Hill......

BudSoda02
04-05-2005, 10:14 PM
This game is all about 'weird' or 'strange' battles, it's just to creep you out. How about one of the 'story battles', Zigolas swamp I think, I saw those ghosts of actual warriors, who wouldn't let go of life, I think they said... Anyway they're uber powerful & can knock you down pretty easy. More like kill you. They're pretty high leveled... I died the first time, because I took them head on. You're gonna have to make some pretty interesting strategy to win.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSOda02@yahoo.com

eestlinc
04-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I ran into a group of 8 Samurai once. It was pretty annoying.

TurkSlayer
04-06-2005, 02:04 AM
9 Archers and a dragon at the waterfall(forgot the name.). And i've had the fight with the ninjas in Auguary Woods as well. I read somewhere that it happens often.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-06-2005, 06:56 AM
A lone Knight and a lone... Bomb, I think it was. The Knight was a guest. Waste of an encounter...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-06-2005, 08:48 AM
The fight against the Monk mob on Grog Hill is my favorite random battle in the game.

BG-57
04-06-2005, 12:27 PM
How about taking on the bunch of Calculators? That was painful. :eek: Boy, it somehow feels unfair when opponents use my favorite tactics against me.

I remember the guest Knight versus the Bull Demon in the desert. And why don't they join if you win?

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Ah, Bull Demon, that's right.

And I have no idea why the bastard doesn't join you. We probably interrupted some manly beast hunt and while he wasn't going to fight us, he was still mad at us.

Squall of SeeD
04-07-2005, 12:09 AM
If you've already reached your maximum party limit when encountering a Guest Battle in Random Encounters, you don't get an option to have them join. Was that the case with you guys?

Dignified Pauper
04-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Let's not forget the battle vs. 11 chocobos..

OH! And has anyone ever got a urabo to join their party, i never had it work successfully

Despotus
04-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Click here, Marick. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58375)
Don't forget to bring a Mediator, or at least someone with Talk Skill and Monster Talk.

And as for strange battles, my vote also goes to the Monks on Grog Hill. I always steal all equipment from human opponents, and it took me an hour to strip all those monks. Damn their Stigma Magic! They kept messing with my Sleep and Frog spells. To complicate things more, I had brought in just two characters and 3 Uribos (to poach them)...how inconvenient. :p

dodhungry
04-07-2005, 04:35 AM
I would say most of the final battles are the most interesting.
But the best battles are definatly the tutorial where you can smite without getting smited. :twak: :trout:

Kilika
04-10-2005, 07:55 AM
my strangest ones were with....all the chocobos on grog hill, all different colors.....damn choco meteor. And on the same place a bunch of dragons and three headed dragons and what not.

darkblade117
04-11-2005, 12:13 AM
i got like... 8 samurais at araguay woods one time... they kicked my ass...

Cecil_Dawn
04-12-2005, 03:02 PM
my weirdest one was 13 or 14 squires on a location i can't remember the name of right now, it's a couple spots before riovanes castle. either that or a ton of different colored chocobo's.

Koryiaki
04-16-2005, 07:08 PM
yah, i remember the ton of different chocobos, and an archer.....for some odd reason......but archer chocobo hurder....yah....those chocobos slaughtered me with meteors and balls, yellow ones didnt even get a chance to join in really.....and the archer.....she just sat back looking cool....

ok i just beat this one lol (been playing)

its somewhat hard to explain, but its almost like walking in on a war with one side that had slaughtered the other, its on the river level (2 spots away from nelveska temple) at the mouth of the river (bottom of the screen) is where my group started, on the upper right of the river, there are 5 behemoth's lined up, and one pisco demon right in the middle of the group in the front, as if to be leading them into battle, and on the opposing side of the river, there is a guest bull demon and a guest goblin, so it looks like we walked in on the 2 guests about to get slaughtered, (sound familiar? SPOILER: when you meet and have to save mustadio, agries, rafa etc. or more so when you save delita and the princess on the bridge in chapter 2 only they are surrounded rather then on opposing sides of the river) so yah very interesting

Tomicide
04-25-2005, 06:03 PM
8 samurai at yuguo woods and 8 monks at grog hill. both battles proved to be tougher than most of the story battles, but pretty damn fun none the less. the one against the samurais was tougher because they can potentially mess you up really quickly, while the monks were having a tough time getting through my blade grasp.

Hartigan
04-27-2005, 01:42 AM
a whole weird ass group of tons of calculators, some dragons , and high level mediators.

I got my ass beat down

Vod
05-01-2005, 01:45 AM
my funnest was this one battle I think it was near goug, like the swamp maybe, there were 5 ghosts and 5 chocobo's and the first thing the ghosts did was get on the chocobo's and I found out that if you have a ghost and a chocobo in your team they can do it to

Tatics Master
05-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Well the Monk Mob on Grog hill or whateva is one battle!
The 10 or more Chocobos at Finath River.
The Chemist/Mediator Battle where one has a Stone Gun.

Great Master Shake Moments Vol.1
:mastersha "Frylock, the Highlander was a documentary based in real time" :frylock:

Zechs
05-18-2005, 06:03 AM
The fight against the Monk mob on Grog Hill is my favorite random battle in the game.

Where there is a line of them, Man, they were buff. But deffinatly my strangest encounter.

Del Murder
05-21-2005, 07:20 AM
The Chemist/Mediator Battle where one has a Stone Gun.

My vote.

Omega Bahamut
05-22-2005, 05:27 AM
I remember fighting 3 dragons, 2 behemoths, 1 king behemoth, and 2 of those three-headed dragon thingies. I can't remember where it was though..... Bud.... That fight was so hard it wasn't even funny.

-N-
05-25-2005, 05:26 PM
All this talk about special battles and no one has mentioned the Super Monster Battle of Bariaus Hill? ;_;

Ramza-Chemist
06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
on Barius Hill i fought at least 10 chocobos....another odd one was i ran into 1 uribo....just one and it was like 10 lvls higher then me....yeah i poached that SOB

Acturos
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Barius hilland it's damn chocobos with Choco ball and choco meteor T_T

Prancing Mad
07-15-2005, 08:39 PM
I think the weirdest was the bull demon vs. the knight fight. That was a huge whack attack. And the grog hill monk battle too.

Now the funniest was trying to lose the first fight in the game. HAHA. That was hard. I can't remember who I took out first to do it but I did actually accomplish it. It was a close one though haha

Warden
07-24-2005, 07:33 PM
don´t forget the calculators at lenalia plateau

Raven Bladewind
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
the weirdest ive ever faced was a lone goblin thats it just a goblin ive faced the others but those are special battles for the place. ive never seen this before though

Russ80
08-14-2005, 01:06 AM
"when you meet and have to save mustadio, agries, rafa etc. or more so when you save delita and the princess on the bridge in chapter 2 only they are surrounded rather then on opposing sides of the river"
Delita doesn't need saving in that battle. DAMN he kicks ass. ;)