PDA

View Full Version : Franz Ferdinand

Rye
04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
I don't remember a Franz Ferdinand thread, or at least a recent one, so here. Franz Ferdinand is probably the best band to come out recently. Their music is just so fun and good. My favourite songs are Take Me Out, Jacqueline, 40', Dark of the Matinee, Darts of Pleasure, Michael, and This Fire. Practically, the majority of their songs. xD

What do you think of them? What's your favourite song by them?

CloudSquallandZidane
04-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Take Me Out has the best melody its the most creative musically.

But overall i feel that Auf Achse is the best overall, i mean it hits me on soo many levels, i cant deny it the number 1 spot.

Rye
04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Auf Achse is also really great, I forgot to list that.

Sepho
04-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I like how <i>Take Me Out</i> starts out really, really lame, because it's a pleasant suprise when it picks up and is good all of a sudden, like, a minute later.

Necronopticous
04-05-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't know if I would call them the best recent band but they are certainly great.

My favorite song is Tell Her Tonight, great stuff.

Aurey
04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah, like Necronopticous said, they aren't the best new band but they're pretty good.

I lhaven't listened to them in a while, since I gave away their album that I owned to a friend of mine. My favourite tracks were 40 ft and Dark of The Matinee. Take Me Out has just really become annoying to me, so I never listen to it anymore.

Craig
04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
I really like their style, to me they are quite a unique and quirky band. My favourite song is The Dark of the Matinee, or maybe Michael. But all of the songs are great. A gun is not being aimed at my head, do not call for help.

NM
04-05-2005, 11:13 PM
I can't stand them myself. I think there over-rated like alot of the bands to emerge over that last year and abit. I listened to the album and it just didn't do anything for me.

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2005, 03:01 AM
I adore them. They're one of the few good bands played on the popular rock stations.

Zeldy
04-06-2005, 06:24 PM
I dont really like them, i dont mind take me Out, but apart from that, along with scissor sisters, i dont like 'em.

tomamar04
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I love Franz Ferdinand, my favourite band of last year.

My favourites are 40", Michael and Take me Out.

Hopefully they'll release another album this year.

Lindy
04-06-2005, 08:09 PM
It may shock people, but there ARE better bands to come out of the UK recently, who are a million times better than Franz Ferdinand.

May I direct you in the direction of Kaiser Chiefs, Maximo Park, The Futureheads and Bloc Party.

Franz Ferdinand were good when they weren't insanely overhyped and overplayed, no matter where I turned, I couldn't get away from Take Me Out or another insanely similar song.

While I may have liked them before, a constant barrage of their music is enough to drive me to just totally removing them from my listening.

Craig
04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
It may shock people, but there ARE better bands to come out of the UK recently, who are a million times better than Franz Ferdinand.

May I direct you in the direction of Kaiser Chiefs, Maximo Park, The Futureheads and Bloc Party.

Franz Ferdinand were good when they weren't insanely overhyped and overplayed, no matter where I turned, I couldn't get away from Take Me Out or another insanely similar song.

While I may have liked them before, a constant barrage of their music is enough to drive me to just totally removing them from my listening.

I was quite lucky to have all that pass me by, even though they were very overplayed I never really heard them much.

Agent Proto
04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I really enjoy them. While it's true they are being overplayed (Well, mostly Take Me Out) they do have some great music that's not played on the radio as much. I love about everything, though I will say that Auf Achse is my favorite.

Lindy
04-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Not just Take Me Out, but This Fire, Matinee and Michael were all played to death on EVERYTHING, music shows, radioplay, adverts, heck even TV idents >_>

Rye
04-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Take Me Out was the only thing really played here, and occasionally This Fire, but that might be because I'm in the US.