PDA

View Full Version : Locking the door

boris no no
04-05-2005, 10:23 PM
i noticed myself doing something earlier today...
i was totally alone in the house yet when i had a shower i locked the bathroom door. i knew that everyone wouldn't be back for hours so there was no chance that anyone could walk in.
yet i still locked it....
did anyone else do anything that was pointless, you knew that it was at the time yet still carried on doing it?

Jojee
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I always lock the bathroom door :O You never know what kinda weirdos can burst in. Plus it's just habit ^_^

But I forget to lock my dorm door at night all the time... :E I always lock it when I go out, though.

Leeza
04-05-2005, 10:33 PM
I almost never lock a bathroom door unless I'm not in my own house, but I always have the house doors and windows locked, whether I'm going out or staying in.

DMKA
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
I always lock the bathroom door when I use the bathroom. I keep my room locked whenever I'm in here.

Cless
04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
I wash my hands waayy too much, and although I know it's pointless, I keep doing it.
Then I get mad when the skin gets dry from all the hand-washing. :mad2:
But's that's what moisturising hand creme's for! :p

Cuchulainn
04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I've no choice either way we don't have a lock in our bathroom, people have learned to make random noises if they hear someone approach, coughing seems to be a favorite amonst female guests while mine will always be farting and/or making a noise not dissimilar to a fart, NO ONE will come in then. I could care less anyway. If someone walks in & sees my tinky I like to call it Destiny.

Aurey
04-05-2005, 10:55 PM
I doodle all the time in my books at school, and I've done it for so long now, that I when I start doing, I don't even notice. And it's a terrible habit, especially during school time.

And I always lock the bathroom door behind me, ever since my brother walked on me a few years back which I still find very embarrassing. :P

Destai
04-05-2005, 11:06 PM
I never pee while in the shower. Thats not weird right?

Necronopticous
04-05-2005, 11:11 PM
I always lock the bathroom door when I use the bathroom. I keep my room locked whenever I'm in here.
That's me alright.

Craig
04-05-2005, 11:14 PM
I never pee while in the shower. Thats not weird right?

I Pee in the bathtub. :cool:

Dr.K
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I wash my hands waayy too much, and although I know it's pointless, I keep doing it.
You might not want to be too harsh on yourself :)- statistics show that keeping your hands clean is the best way to avoid illnesses such as colds and flu, even more so than keeping warm and eating well.

I always lock the bathroom door when the house is empty - you never know if someone will come home and you won't hear them :). Other pointless things for me include covering up when going across the landing into the shower even if no-one's in.

kikimm
04-05-2005, 11:35 PM
I, too, always lock the door, no matter where I am or who I'm with. =D I wish I had a lock on my door, but my dad won't let me get one because I don't "participate in the family enough" Whatever.

I do a lot of other pointless things, but those really don't need to be talked about.

:D

RSL
04-05-2005, 11:41 PM
i noticed myself doing something earlier today...
i was totally alone in the house yet when i had a shower i locked the bathroom door. i knew that everyone wouldn't be back for hours so there was no chance that anyone could walk in.
yet i still locked it....
did anyone else do anything that was pointless, you knew that it was at the time yet still carried on doing it?

I live by myself and I can't bring myself to use the bathroom without the door shut and locked.

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Locking the door, just like you. All the time.
And once I kept going out with this guy even though I hated him and it was pointless. I was just too scared to dump him.

sephiroth JR
04-05-2005, 11:52 PM
i do that 2, never really thought about it though....ahhh the beauty of general chat u can talk aboult utter crap yet no1 seems 2 care lol

StarlightAngel
04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I always lock the door :D

Cuchulainn
04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
that pun was intentional...right?

Meat Puppet
04-06-2005, 12:33 AM
I lock the door to keep the ghosts out.

Rase
04-06-2005, 01:12 AM
I lock the door because I can't reach it from the toilet, so if someone came in suddenly and walked toward the bathroom, I'd be quite embaressed.

Del Murder
04-06-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't lock it. I figure the sound of the water would clue people in that the room is occupied, and if someone wanted to kill me I doubt a little lock will stop them.

Cuchulainn
04-06-2005, 02:31 AM
If I was gonna kill someone I would at least let them have the dignity of finishing wiping first...giving them the dignity of letting them pull their kaks up first would very much depend on my mood at the time.

Rusty
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I always lock the door wether there is someone home or not.

Breine
04-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I usually don't lock the door when I'm using the bathroom. Many times I shower with the door open, because I'm claustrophobic (...is that spelled right?) and I don't like to be in a room with a closed door. Locking the door, even though nobody is home, is just a habit.

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Hell, I'll leave the door open if my room mate isnt home. Usually I dont lock it at my own place, unless I have certain people over, because I know them to screw with people. For example, at a hotel party once, everytime anyone went in the bathroom everyone would barge in and throw water on them, etc, and the door lock was broken. It was hilarious, but also rather annoying when you REALLY had to go.

DMKA
04-06-2005, 07:00 PM
For example, at a hotel party once, everytime anyone went in the bathroom everyone would barge in and throw water on them, etc, and the door lock was broken.
ELL OH ELL!

crono_logical
04-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't bother if I'm the only one at home :p

Yamaneko
04-06-2005, 07:29 PM
I go with the door open if no one's home. :D

Shlup
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
When I'm home alone I don't even close the bathroom door. ^_^

Dking'squeen
04-06-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't lock the bathroom door, I just close it so then my cats won't jump in the shower with me and stuff. The windows and back door are always locked, and teh front door is unlocked *because of the security door* until we're sure no one is coming over

Who wants to know if our doors our locked? This is a secret thread by the CIA :shifty: :(

Kenichi
04-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I never shut the bathroom door if no one's in. I don't see a point. In fact, I take things to the next level. When no one's in, I take it upon myself not to even bother pulling my pants back up. I just walk around with my rod hanging out, for a breath of air.

link100p
04-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Then I get mad when the skin gets dry from all the hand-washing. :mad2:
But's that's what moisturising hand creme's for! :p
I do the same thing. It really gets sore.