PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Confirm This?

Lenna
04-06-2005, 01:40 AM
When you're talking to Elmyra about Aeris's past. When she shows the Train screen and there's someone swinging about on the lampost. Is that Bigg's and Jesse??? I'm pretty sure it is, just wanted to know if anyone else thought that.

Squall of SeeD
04-06-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't think that it's actually them, as it was 15 years in the past. I think that the programmers decided to be a little lazy there and just reused their sprites. But, yeah, it's definitely their sprites: Linkage to a screenshot from that scene (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/BiggsandJessieModelsUsedInAnotherPlace.jpg).

Khimbar
04-06-2005, 01:44 AM
I never thought of that, i just thought it a random couple... but maybe....

Lenna
04-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Lol but does it ever say in the game HOW old Jesse and Biggs are? I mean, 15 years ago, they could have been about 16 then, they're prolly in their mid 30's for all we know lol!

Cybele
04-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Lol but does it ever say in the game HOW old Jesse and Biggs are? I mean, 15 years ago, they could have been about 16 then, they're prolly in their mid 30's for all we know lol!

Considering Jesse's crush on Cloud, I don't think she'd be that much older than him. But I could be wrong. As Squall of SeeD said, they were probably just lazy and used the same sprites.

Lenna
04-06-2005, 03:30 AM
Yeah, but it's possible right?

abrojtm
04-06-2005, 05:05 AM
Maybe their parents. Yes, they had identical DNA and clothing to their children. What's it to you? :)

DJZen
04-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Considering Jesse's crush on Cloud, I don't think she'd be that much older than him. But I could be wrong. As Squall of SeeD said, they were probably just lazy and used the same sprites.

What are you talking about? Older women get slobbering crushes on young men all the time! Heck, in my martial arts class alone there's a woman who's gotta be at least 40 who's constantly talking about how hot she thinks every boy in her college class is. It's disturbing 'cause she's married, but I'm just saying it DOES happen. Flirtation is definitely not an indication of age.

Further example: Edge flirts with Rydia pretty hardcore there...

Lenna
04-06-2005, 05:44 AM
lol :D great point there :P

Cybele
04-06-2005, 05:44 AM
What are you talking about? Older women get slobbering crushes on young men all the time! Heck, in my martial arts class alone there's a woman who's gotta be at least 40 who's constantly talking about how hot she thinks every boy in her college class is. It's disturbing 'cause she's married, but I'm just saying it DOES happen. Flirtation is definitely not an indication of age.

I thought Edge was a teenager? How old is he then? I still think Jesse was pretty young. She never came across as being older or at least she never acted that way, but I guess I could be wrong again.

Squall of SeeD
04-06-2005, 05:57 AM
While we might not be able to make this determination based on their character designs, based on Nomura's art of them, I'm going to guess that neither Jesse nor Biggs were much older than Cloud:

Biggs (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/Biggs.jpg).
Jesse (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/Jesse.jpg).

When even designing a Male over thirty years old that isn't as old as Bugenhagen or Maechen in X, Nomura tends to go out of his way to make them moderately to exceptionally scruffy-looking (Barret, Cid Highwind, Auron), and throws in some wrinkles too.

While Biggs arguably has something of the scruffiness going on with that stubble under his chin, he just doesn't look as old as Cid or Barret, and Jesse doesn't look any older than Aerith or Tifa to me.

This is all just observation based on appearance, though, and that's not 100% reliable. However, taking Nomura's style into account, I wouldn't say either of these two were any older than 28 at the very most.

How is that a valid exmaple? o.O There likely wasn't a great deal of difference in their ages after Rydia returned from the Land of Summons.

I thought Edge was a teenager? How old is he then?

He's 26.

Mercen-X
04-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I caught that the first time I played it. It didn't occur to me at the time to be confused by how Aerith was in that flashback and how old she is when you meet her. Maybe Biggs and Jessie are more like Vincent or Sephiroth than we were previously led to believe. Maybe they don't age normally.

DJZen
04-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Hmmm, Squall of SeeD is right, Jesse looks about 18 there...

Nova Briar
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Maybe Biggs and Jessie are more like Vincent or Sephiroth than we were previously led to believe. Maybe they don't age normally.
I don't think there's anything in the game that suggests Biggs and Jessie wouldn't age normally. They seem like regular people--well, regular people who happen to work for a terrorist organization, that is. If they had been "different" like Seph or Vincent, I think there would have been some reference to it.

Nod
04-07-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't think that it's actually them, as it was 15 years in the past. I think that the programmers decided to be a little lazy there and just reused their sprites. But, yeah, it's definitely their sprites: Linkage to a screenshot from that scene (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/BiggsandJessieModelsUsedInAnotherPlace.jpg).

Yup. the thought of them actually being Biggs and Jesse never entered my mind.

But if you want a story as to why they look similar- The two in the shot were pioneers in a new type of fashion. Biggs and Jesse (being dedicated followers of fashion) copied their outfits and hairstyles completely.

The end.

Oh and of course its a clue to Clouds 5th Limit Break. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lenna
04-07-2005, 08:57 PM
oooooo *acts dumb* what's his fifth limit break lol? I never knew there was so much to conquer when playing FF7 I guess I'm really gonna have to think hard about this one lol.

Mercen-X
04-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't think there's anything in the game that suggests Biggs and Jessie wouldn't age normally.
As a writer, I'd expect someone like you would have a little more imagination. Being a fan of something isn't about blindly believing everything you're told, you still need to think for yourself. I'm also a fan of Star Wars and I'm writing my own book. You sometimes need to veer off the path the author has chosen for you read about.

About the 5th limit break . . . idk. I can neither confirm nor deny this as the requirements are claimed to be "all characters, all limits, even Aeris; use all limits x number of times". No.1 I'm not sure if I had previously given Aeris her Great Gospel limit break in this game. I don't have it in my inventory but that could just mean that I never wanted to pick it up (constant reminder of an ally lost). No.2 I'm still trying to get Cid to learn Big Brawl. He's quite an annoying little . . .