PDA

View Full Version : Things That Go Bump In The Night

Dr.K
04-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Do certain noises, positions in bed (SLEEPING positions), clocks ticking or any other things stop you from getting to sleep at night?
I live by a main road and a railway...so the airwaves are always occupied around my house. Every time people stay over they can't understand how I manage to sleep at night.
And you?

Cuchulainn
04-06-2005, 05:20 PM
The occasional north belfast riot.

crazybayman
04-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I tend to sleep through that kinda noise. I spent a summer at my cousins, and a train runs by her backyard, so loud that the house shakes slightly when it passes. It didn't wake me, not once.

CaptRory
04-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Noise doesn't bother me, but light does. The closer to pitch black my room is at night the better I sleep. I turn the face of my alarm clock off, make sure there aren't any lights on upstairs that'll leak through the crack around my door, etc.

boris no no
04-06-2005, 05:44 PM
i am a really light sleeper. anything can wake me up.
my ex would sleep though anything. an earthquake wouldn't wake him :p

fire_of_avalon
04-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I live way back in the country, so when I'm in school or at someone else's house who DOESN'T live way back in the country, I have problems with light from the street coming through their blinds or curtains. Ucky.

CaptRory
04-06-2005, 05:57 PM
If you think you could sleep with one on (I doubt I could) you might try one fo those sleeping maks things.

Blackmageboi
04-06-2005, 06:04 PM
i can sleep through anything exept total silence lol it really gets to me

Samuraid
04-06-2005, 06:08 PM
I can sleep with a loud fan turned on and other steady noises, as long as the noise is consistent and not sudden.

Leeza
04-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Ticking clocks and dripping faucets will keep me awake. Also the neighbours across the street when they have one of their parties that require the need for four police cars, and/or an ambulance and/or a fire truck.

Craig
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Taps dripping, doors creaking, people making noises. It all drives me insane!

Zeldy
04-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Im wierd when it comes to sleeping.
I used to not be able to sleep without the landing light on and my door ajar, But now, i can only sleep in Darkness.. how strange.
Snoring keeps me awake, Ticking clocks!!
I was at a sleepover, we were in the lounge, and i was like lieing there and all i cud hear was TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK.. and i ended up sitting up, and telling everyone, they all groaned as they could then hear it, so it ended up outside..literally, the girl put it on the doorstep..

m4tt
04-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I sleep fine in my room. The only times I don't have problems is when I turn off my computer for the night. I'm used to the noise I guess.

When I was staying at my girlfriend's house for a week I had a hard time sleeping. She has a fishtank in her room and her grandparent's house is really old so it would make all sorts of noises during the night. Plus before I went out there she tried to scare me by saying it was haunted, and of course it worked. :p

Yamaneko
04-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I didn't wake up for the '94 earthquake here, so I'm sure a little ambient noise isn't going to wake me.

rubah
04-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I love the sound of trains going by down in the valley.

and rain on the roof.

The thing that keeps me awake though is my dog scratching and scratching.

StarlightAngel
04-07-2005, 12:38 AM
I used to just listen to music, but now my CD player is screwed up so the sound only comes through one side of the head phone :cry:

At my sleepover party, the clock was sooooo loud. I ended up taking it down and pulling out its battery before putting it up again and hoping my dad wouldn't notice. He replaced the battery with a new one before I could put the old one back in ^^;;

withered
04-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Nothing really bothers me when I sleep except repetitive sounds: like clocks ticking etc. I can sleep with the main light on, my music, my TV and my computer on; none of that really bothers me at all. Then once I am asleep nothing will wake me up (slept through fire alarms and the like) unless someone comes into my room. It must be some sort of weird defensive thing; as soon as someone comes into my room I wake up instantly.

Meat Puppet
04-07-2005, 12:59 AM
There's this man that knocks on my window at night then makes thumping noises in his pants. I pretend it's my imagination and close my eyes really tight.

Ko Ko
04-07-2005, 05:34 AM
I live in Shanghai, no. 2 biggest city in the world. Next to Chongqing.
Of course I'm an insomniac. I live by the zoo/airport/public market/a house full of kids/supermarket.

Rusty
04-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Taps dripping keep me awake. Mainly because I was told a really sick horror story when I was about ten. It's lived with me to this day :(

Dragon Ash
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
My brother playing WoW all night, then my mum yelling at him at about 4am to go to bed. I'd get more sleep in the day if only I didn't have to work!

Resha
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Not much noise in the night, except for fat cats walking on the roof. During the daytime when I don't have school, there's evil DRILLING and construction around my house. Yuck. But it doesn't wake me up.

I actually slept through the earthquake we had last week... :( I can't believe myself.

Little Miss Awesome
04-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Hmm, I live kinda near to a train station, but it never wakes me up, sometimes the explosions from a factory that produces gas does, called the BOC! And sometimes the heating switches itself off and wakes me because the pipes make a racket!

Chocobointraining
04-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I sleep through everything. I actually can't fall asleep without my fan and some music on. It's sort of sad.

Meat Puppet
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
*OD's on sleeping pills*

Boosk
04-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I cant sleep unless I can hear my clock. I get freaked out when its too quiet...makes me sooooo paranoid!!
Kagga :love:

Psychotic
04-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Last night I heard really faint screams outside. I was tempted to look outside and perhaps yell "DIE QUIETLY!" but I thought better of it and went back to sleep.

Dreddz
04-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I get scared when I hear noises and stuff but there usally my Catz

Boosk
04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
I have a mouse in my room...little bugger. I try and throw a shoe at it but im not a good aim in the dark....wakes me up chewing on my sofa!!!
sleep deprived Kagga

sephiroth JR
04-08-2005, 12:16 AM
i hav no problem sleeping...no secret i just sleep like a corpse so HA HA to all of you lol!!!!!!!!

Nod
04-08-2005, 12:32 AM
sleeping on my right shoulder.
i bust it snowboarding recently. should go away soon though :D