PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking...

crashNUMBERS
04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
If in the EoEO forum that all problems will be an important. Then when the problem is finished the person will say so then a mod can close the thread. But only make importants if it is a real problem. Not no poll or religious question. Make a poll an important only if it is a real life problem like smitten kittens problem thread. You get me??

~Crash

Psychotic
04-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Important threads are only made important if they are rules threads or competitions. Having so many threads that are considered to be important would confuse many members, and it also could potentially mean the rules thread which contains the EoEO-specific rules being ignored or overlooked.

And how do you define what is a problem thread? What if someone says "My friend wants an abortion, what do I do?" and then it goes into a debate on abortion? Where's the threshold between debate and problem in that scenario? And what if the member doesn't say "Close this thread please"? Should it be left as an important topic forever?

There are too many complexities for it to work, in my opinion.

crashNUMBERS
04-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Your right. Never mind. Thanks for pointing that out psy!! ^^. Close topic PLZ...

Leeza
04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Psy is right. EoEO has only one thread that is deemed IMPORTANT and that is so that it would be read and understood by everyone who chooses to post in that forum because it deems every thread in EoEO to be IMPORTANT and to be treated as such.

We also don't close threads unless it's a very old one that has been revived and the problem no longer exists.

crashNUMBERS
04-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Close topic PLZ...
Oh whoops...

Yamaneko
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
I'll be damned if we start stickying relationship threads.

MecaKane
04-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Discussion threads are much better than real problem threads, anyway. It's usually a silly problem, with people posting random things from "The list of socially acceptable things to say when someone has a problem, volume 4" and then when someone posts something useful all anyone else does is simply quote it and put "Oh, I agree with this person", if that.
Now discussions and arguments, that's the good stuff! :love:

Yamaneko
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Discussion threads are much better than real problem threads, anyway. It's usually a silly problem, with people posting random things from "The list of socially acceptable things to say when someone has a problem, volume 4" and then when someone posts something useful all anyone else does is simply quote it and put "Oh, I agree with this person", if that.

Raistlin
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Oh, I agree with this person.

crashNUMBERS
04-07-2005, 12:25 AM
"Oh I agree with this person..."

Edit: Damn, Raistlin beat me!!

Raistlin
04-07-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm just that good, I guess.

Meat Puppet
04-07-2005, 12:49 AM
My "small in the pants" thread in EoEO got closed and I didn't even ask!

-N-
04-07-2005, 12:50 AM
He beat you by over 30 minutes, man.

crashNUMBERS
04-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Shuddap. It was because I just got on wrote that and then saw he wrote it before me...

MecaKane
04-07-2005, 04:18 AM
It's probably a good idea to read all of the posts in the thread you plan to post in before you post, especially if it's only one page.
Maybe that's just me, though.

Nod
04-07-2005, 07:55 PM
It's probably a good idea to read all of the posts in the thread you plan to post in before you post, especially if it's only one page.
Maybe that's just me, though.

:eek: oh no he di'nt!!! :eek:
i second that opinion.

crashNUMBERS
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Close topic PLZ...

Leeza
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I think I agree with you here, crash.

*closes*

Yamaneko
04-07-2005, 09:07 PM