PDA

View Full Version : UMD (PSP) Release Coming Before the DVD Release

Squall of SeeD
04-06-2005, 11:31 PM
According to Modojo (http://www.modojo.com/articles/news/20050405/114/), the PSP release of Advent Children will come before the DVD release. While I find this disheartening, it was a move I expected. They had to find a way to convince folks to buy the PSP version somehow. I for one won't succumb to this marketing ploy and will just wait for the DVD.

On the bright side, however, that things are still being spoken of in purely UMD and DVD terms perhaps means that there's not going to be a theatrical release. For me, that's a good thing, as I want to pay for the thing once, then watch it as much as I want and rewind at my own leisure, not wait another six months to be able to after paying $7 to go see it one time.

Also something worthy of note is that -- according to Square Net (http://squarenet.gamigo.de/main.php?site=sn-news) -- Square-Enix has two conferences slated for this month, one on April 13 and another on April 15. Hopefully some official release dates will finally come forth (and stay set in stone this time).

BackRoomKid
04-06-2005, 11:57 PM
^^^thanx for the info

yea, definately not suprising it'll be on UMD before DVD...Most people who actually own the PSP coucel will probably get, and the most people who have it will probably have friends rent Advent Children and ask to borrow their PSP councel...lol, that's what i'm going to do

who knews, i may by a PSP sometime but as for now, I'm more interesting in the DVD

Destai
04-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks a load. Ill be sure to keep my ears open.

CloudStrife48
04-11-2005, 11:00 PM
I agree with you Squall of SEED yet... I also looked into the fact (and this is offsubject) that Crisis Core will ONLY be released on PSP :( so you will be forced to buy it anyways if you want to get the full jist of the saga.

But I want to get the Limited Edition that's coming out. Does anyone know if its for only PSP or PSP and DVD?

Squall of SeeD
04-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I agree with you Squall of SEED yet... I also looked into the fact (and this is offsubject) that Crisis Core will ONLY be released on PSP :( so you will be forced to buy it anyways if you want to get the full jist of the saga.

Well, in all fairness, each of the new four titles in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII are of different formats:

Advent Children -- DVD/UMD
Before Crisis -- FoMa i900 and 910 Mobile Phones
Dirge of Cerberus -- PlayStation 2
Crisis Core -- PSP

Two of those four will be accessible on the PlayStation 2, and two of those four will be accessible on the PSP. Even the Japanese require that Mobile Phone in order to access that part of the Compilation.

But I want to get the Limited Edition that's coming out. Does anyone know if its for only PSP or PSP and DVD?

They haven't announced that yet, sadly.

CloudStrife48
04-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, in all fairness, each of the new four titles in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII are of different formats:

Advent Children -- DVD/UMD
Before Crisis -- FoMa i900 and 910 Mobile Phones
Dirge of Cerberus -- PlayStation 2
Crisis Core -- PSP

I know that the cell phone game will not be released in America. (Through lots of extensive research) but I heard the Before Crisis is released in Australia? I haven't looked into this matter, but do you know? I might end up just buying the phone from Australia :)

P.S. Mods please don't get mad about this, there isnt an official Before Crisis Forum.

Squall of SeeD
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I know that the cell phone game will not be released in America. (Through lots of extensive research) but I heard the Before Crisis is released in Australia? I haven't looked into this matter, but do you know? I might end up just buying the phone from Australia :)

It won't be, no. Australian celular phone technology isn't even as advanced as North America's, with its own lagging behind Japan's advancements being the very reason that there are currently no plans to release the game in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.

By the way, buying the phone wouldn't help at all without having an actual mobile phone plan set-up with the company that issues the phones, and being within their network range. The game isn't accessible without being within that network range.

P.S. Mods please don't get mad about this, there isnt an official Before Crisis Forum.

There is this pinned Thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50577) in the Final Fantasy VII Forum for it, though, just to let you know for future reference.

amratis
04-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I for one won't succumb to this marketing ploy

No I won't either, I'll just get a fansubbed one on the internet until it does come out on DVD. Many thanks for the information. It's good to finally know one which version's coming first. :)