PDA

View Full Version : netcomm port forwards settings

eannec
04-07-2005, 06:14 AM
have just bought FFXI,can't figure out how to open port forward on my netcomm NB5540 router. Currently keep getting timed-outed & disconnected just after the text starts in the game.
This is the answer i get back from Playonline

PlayOnline(including all related software such as FINAL FANTASY XI) may use any of the following ports. If you are using a router, please configure it to allow packets to pass through these ports.

Port numbers that may be used by the PlayOnline server group.
TCP 25.80.110.443 or 50000 - 65535
UDP 50000 - 65535

Port numbers that may be used by terminals such as the PlayStation(R)2.
TCP 1024 - 65535
UDP 50000 - 65535

*Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.

*If your Internet service provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you may need to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.

Can someone tell me how to do it and what the redirect IP address is that I put in on the port forward section of my router's configuration

Thanks aheap

eannec

Rostum
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Type your IP address into your browser and a login thing should pop up, unless you've changed the name and password, the login should be "admin" and password should be "password".

Just go to 'advanced settings' and go to 'port forwarding'. You should be able to input some ports there to open them up.

If you have a firewall on, also make sure you open up these same ports.

Sorry if that's vague, but I can't be bothered.

Lionx
04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
http://www.portforward.com

zoti
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
wich number/s is for playonline/FFXI???

eannec
04-10-2005, 01:44 AM
[B] thanks for the help,finally got it to work.
discovered that all my ports were block using port-detective
Once enabled and added the extra ones not in UPnP Function/Control page
My 3 kids are the ones playing it,I just the person who pays for it and finds the answers to tech questions.

Rostum
04-10-2005, 01:56 AM
You should play it to. =)