PDA

View Full Version : Masamune Help

trancemann
04-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Is it possible to have actually sold the Rusty Sword? I remember receiving it and after cleaning out my equipment by selling a lot I went to go try to get all of the big guns(masamune, godhand, etc...) and now I don't have the Rusty Sword. Am I screwed?

Old Manus
04-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't think you can sell the Rusty Sword as it is a key item. I you can't find it, you probably threw it away or something. In short, you're screwed.

The Sixth Dragon
04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I did not realise you could throw it away. I have got Masamume it is pretty good. For me to help you anwser these questions or do these things
1.Check that you have not already used it.
2. Does anyone know if you can disgard key items?

trancemann
04-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Will someone double check their inventory and see if it shows up as a key item or just a regular item? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Old Manus
04-07-2005, 05:01 PM
My trusty FFX handbook says it's a Key Item.

The Sixth Dragon
04-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I dont now how you managed to dispose of it

trancemann
04-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Maybe.... just maybe... I never actually grabbed it. Going back to that area where the Cavern of the Stolen Faythe beings, I don't see it. Can someone give me an actual descriptive description of where it lies?

Old Manus
04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
It's just a sword stuck in the ground on the far right path in the area with the entrance to the Cavern.

crazybayman
04-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, you don't actually don't go into the cavern to get it.

Go to the bottom of the ravine just past the calm lands, go right (instead of toward the cave entrance), out to where a crusader is training, and take it out of the ground.

Old Manus
04-08-2005, 08:46 PM
The crusader isn't always there though. I remember I think it's impossible to dispose of a Key Item. That's why I still have the Flint and Tinder.

trancemann
04-09-2005, 05:49 AM
Thanks a lot everybody. Problem solved. I NEVER ACTUALLY GRABBED

I got my Masamune :)

Now if I can just beat that *^$#in' Chocobo trainer...

zwijnstijn
04-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks a lot everybody. Problem solved. I NEVER ACTUALLY GRABBED

I got my Masamune :)

Now if I can just beat that *^$#in' Chocobo trainer...

LOL i got it auron's too , but stumbled at first getting it ,to the dark eons sisters , and they camer up with an ambush.. overdrive .. bye bye me .. lol
(still haven't beatem them) i mean dark shiva, valafor ,ixion and ifrit die when i only look at them, dark jojimbo never came up in the cave, i only got some talk and been given one str. sphere. no dark jojimbo hmm, didnt found dark bahamut yet and dark anima seems to be quite impossible also

trancemann
04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm still having problems getting the two extra aeons as well... Maybe I'll make another post on that.

If people are still reading this thread... I'd like to know why I can't go back to any of the temples to get the extra items I need(Destruction Sphere items)... I only have 3 out of the 6 I need and no one will let me in the temple. Grrrr.....

zwijnstijn
04-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm still having problems getting the two extra aeons as well... Maybe I'll make another post on that.

If people are still reading this thread... I'd like to know why I can't go back to any of the temples to get the extra items I need(Destruction Sphere items)... I only have 3 out of the 6 I need and no one will let me in the temple. Grrrr.....

maybe you first need to face the 6 underwater temple (where you been hunted down in start of the game and end up in those ruins under water where you first meet rikku)
i am sure that you can re-enter any temple again then because there you need to activate the 6 altars to get anima
you cant get the destruction sphere in junalesca's temple before you beated her , you need to exit the area and come back later to get the destruction sphere there
ad dont go to the first temple where you got valafor before your strong enough., dark valafor is waiting for you at the city gates.. tho you need to pass him to get a jacht sphere for auron's last limit break

fahadalhasan
04-10-2005, 06:17 PM
what is the rusty sword for anyway? :confused:

zwijnstijn
04-10-2005, 06:24 PM
what is the rusty sword for anyway? :confused:

Auron's celestial weapon after you placed it back in front of some warriors statue somewhere at the left of mushroom road just before the sin /albhed etc battle

trancemann
04-11-2005, 03:53 AM
maybe you first need to face the 6 underwater temple (where you been hunted down in start of the game and end up in those ruins under water where you first meet rikku)
i am sure that you can re-enter any temple again then because there you need to activate the 6 altars to get anima
you cant get the destruction sphere in junalesca's temple before you beated her , you need to exit the area and come back later to get the destruction sphere there
ad dont go to the first temple where you got valafor before your strong enough., dark valafor is waiting for you at the city gates.. tho you need to pass him to get a jacht sphere for auron's last limit break

I have visited a few of the temples and I keep getting told by either the local or soldiers that I may not enter or to leave... What gives? I haven't went to the place after I get the airship yet. Is there something I need to do next before I can go back to the temple?

Squall of SeeD
04-11-2005, 04:23 AM
I have visited a few of the temples and I keep getting told by either the local or soldiers that I may not enter or to leave... What gives? I haven't went to the place after I get the airship yet. Is there something I need to do next before I can go back to the temple?

You have to visit Mika in Bevelle first.

trancemann
04-11-2005, 06:39 AM

You have to visit Mika in Bevelle first.

Sweet. You rock. :)

Cruise Control
04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Once you beat Seymour for the last time, and yuna sends him, you can revisit any temple.