PDA

View Full Version : Siegfried (possible spoilers)

Wiegrahf42
04-08-2005, 02:18 AM
It is here that we discuss Siegfried. In my copy of FF Anthology it calls him "Ziegfried" is that in the SNES version? Do we buy the crap about the imposter or did he just get a LOT better. Has anyone ever actually beaten him in the arena? I fought him and- :chop: The guy's individual attacks are weak but hes VERY fast. What do you get for beating him? and is it just me or did he have one of the most awesome looking sprites in the game?

Sasquatch
04-08-2005, 02:49 AM
I can't remember what I fought him for in the Coliseum, but all I did was have Umaro with a Black Belt and a Gauntlet, as as soon as he hit me, BAM, he's done for. The Black Belt is great in the Coliseum, as is Umaro. He's quick, yeah, but he's definitely weak.

And I believe there is more than one "Siegfried". I think there's "Sigfried", "Ziegfried", and "Siegfried". You don't see too much of him, but he is on the Phantom Train and in the cave, in the World of Ruin, to Figaro Castle while it's underground. Plus, of course, in the Coliseum after a while. He claims that there is an impostor, though, so I don't know which one the impostor is. I'd imagine your first meeting with him is really him.

Braindead_Paul
04-08-2005, 12:59 PM
If you bet a megalixier you fight Siegfried for a Tintinabar.
I always use a strong character turned into an imp with all that imp equipment, a Genji Glove, an Offering and two Imp Halbreds. No enemy survives more than two turns...

TurkSlayer
04-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Actually, I believe the real Siegfried is in the coliseum, mainly because the really him is suppose to be pretty tough, and the one in the coliseum is a LOT tougher than the first guy. I'm not saying hes tough, but he does more than three damage like the other guy. BTW, does anyone know why Ultros wanted to get Siegfried's attention with the stones?

Ultima Shadow
04-08-2005, 06:29 PM
The one on the phantom train is just a fake. He just pretends that he is the real Siegfried.

BTW, does anyone know why Ultros wanted to get Siegfried's attention with the stones?
That's probably the greatest un-answered question I've heared about FFVI. :greenie:

Destai
04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Is it in the japanese version?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Orthros wanted to impress Siegfried because they sort of know each other, which is how Orthros got the receptionist job at the Colosseum.

Siegfried was originally supposed to be the FFVI equivalent of Gilgamesh, but that whole plot thread was just never finished by the time the game was completed. That's probably why the creators made him acquaintances with Orthros, the real FFVI Gilgamesh equivalent.

Wiegrahf42
04-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Off topic, but I did a story in Language arts called "the Ultros diaries". I had him reading Siegfried's mail till he got a restraining order. Ultros joined the "sub-villain union" and spent half the time lamblasting Kefka for stealing the one liners that Ultros sent in to Reader's digest. I think I got a B+.

Squall of SeeD
04-09-2005, 07:13 PM
And I believe there is more than one "Siegfried". I think there's "Sigfried", "Ziegfried", and "Siegfried".

They're alternate translations of the same name. There's just the real one and the imposter, assuming, of course, that the real one wasn't lying about there being an imposter. They don't really bother to flesh that out.

beema
04-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Off topic, but I did a story in Language arts called "the Ultros diaries". I had him reading Siegfried's mail till he got a restraining order. Ultros joined the "sub-villain union" and spent half the time lamblasting Kefka for stealing the one liners that Ultros sent in to Reader's digest. I think I got a B+.

LOL
dude, that's awesome
I would love to read it if you posted it. :)

Wiegrahf42
04-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Here it is. It was for an English assignment so its PG rated and filled with filler so I could hit the required size.