PDA

View Full Version : FF on Xbox 2

zimmunky
04-08-2005, 04:08 AM
I read in game informer mag that Final Fantasy Legends is going to X-Box 2. I dont know about you but i think that kicks ass.

TheAbominatrix
04-08-2005, 04:09 AM
I'll wait to see it for myself before I believe it.

zimmunky
04-08-2005, 04:12 AM
ive never played the originals, they any good?

TheAbominatrix
04-08-2005, 04:13 AM
Originals of what? What is 'Legends' supposed to entail?

And are you sure this wasnt an April Fools joke?

zimmunky
04-08-2005, 04:20 AM
it was in the march issue so i doubt it.

oh and there remakes of this...........http://ff.warcry.com/content/finalfantasyseries/ffl.php

EDIT: Please don't double post. -Murder

TheAbominatrix
04-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Oh, the gameboy games. Those arent FF games, they're SaGa games. They were released with the FF name in America. So even if it does happen (which I still doubt), it's not really FF.

Vyk
04-08-2005, 04:39 AM
What the heck o.O;; Sakaguchi and his new development studio "Mistwalker" will be making two exclusive RPGs for Microsoft. But nothing was ever mentioned of them being Final Fantasy anything. One will be "a cute lighthearted affair starring super deformed characters, while the other will be more mature and feature an incredible setting that appears seemlessly real".

TheAbominatrix
04-08-2005, 04:44 AM
Well these arent FF.

Masamune·1600
04-08-2005, 05:30 AM
A relationship between SE and Microsoft seems unlikely, to say the least.

Ultima Shadow
04-08-2005, 12:32 PM
A relationship between SE and Microsoft seems unlikely, to say the least.
Indeed.

zimmunky
04-08-2005, 05:45 PM
ill scan the page in when i get home to show you. but abodom is right, theyre not really ff games but it will be wierd seeing something with the name Final Fantasy on Xbox. they also said something about another mmorpg becuase of the failure of True Fantasy.

Vyk
04-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Failure? It wasn't even finished. It was scrapped. But even at that it's story isn't over. They're planning on releasing True Fantasy Live Online on X-Box 2 (thank god ^_^)

DJZen
04-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I read in game informer mag that Final Fantasy Legends is going to X-Box 2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Hoo boy that's rich! I can't wait 'till my friends hear that one!

zimmunky
04-10-2005, 01:31 AM
HA! I never said that it was true, i only said that in was in GI and here is my proof. Ignore the location, my sisters profile on vf is the only place i could upload it. http://vampirefreaks.com/picview.php?pic_id=2798295&user=IKILLPREPS&uid=63498&title=&c=0&x=9&d=2598291

k0n
04-10-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm getting confused with the whole FF and SaGa game mixup... For all I know Squaresoft released the games for gameboy... they weren't that great but they were ff games. I guess you could say some of these failed games that have SaGa or FF stamped on them were some cheap attempts to sell you a product, but their still part of the Squaresoft Univerese. :confused: I could be wrong.... I probably am.....

PS: Been a fan since day 1

TheAbominatrix
04-10-2005, 03:50 AM
It's really very simple. They decided to release the set of SaGa games for Gameboy in America. Since there were no SaGa games here at the time, they changed their names to Final Fantasy Legend, for a little bit of brand recognition.

MecaKane
04-10-2005, 04:25 AM
By "Final Fantasy Legend" in that scanned page they mean:

What the heck o.O;; Sakaguchi and his new development studio "Mistwalker" will be making two exclusive RPGs for Microsoft. But nothing was ever mentioned of them being Final Fantasy anything. One will be "a cute lighthearted affair starring super deformed characters, while the other will be more mature and feature an incredible setting that appears seemlessly real".
READ THE ARTICLE.

Masamune·1600
04-10-2005, 04:41 AM
As pointed out above, paying slightly more attention would have shown that there is nothing that even remotely suggests any sort of FF on X-Box 2. The title alone makes that clear. The "Final Fantasy Legend" referred to is Sakaguchi himself. Mistwalker will be developing games for X-Box 2, but they will have absolutely nothing to do with Final Fantasy. Please note that there is no affiliation between SE and Mistwalker.

squareSOFT
04-10-2005, 05:10 AM
As pointed out above, paying slightly more attention would have shown that there is nothing that even remotely suggests any sort of FF on X-Box 2. The title alone makes that clear. The "Final Fantasy Legend" referred to is Sakaguchi himself. Mistwalker will be developing games for X-Box 2, but they will have absolutely nothing to do with Final Fantasy. Please note that there is no affiliation between SE and Mistwalker.

I dont think that "the final fantasy legend" had to be reffering to sakaguchi. The first one for gb was titled "the final fantasy legend" the rest were just ff legend II and III. I agree though that ff going to anything Microsoft is higly unlikely. Even more unlikely is the idea on an affiliation between Mist walker and SE since I believe Square practically shoved sakaguchi out the door after the fiasco that was "the spirits within."

TheAbominatrix
04-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Despite the fact that the peice of the article quoted by Kane shows that they were refering to Sakaguchi and it had nothing to do with FF games?

MecaKane
04-10-2005, 05:18 AM
The bigger headline says "Microsoft and the Mistwalker" and the subtitle, if you will, is the "Final Fantasy Legend signs on for Xbox 2" part.
Also, a video game cannot sign on for anything. Square Enix would sign on for Xbox 2, if they were dumb and wanted to remake a pretty unpopular game.
Edit: That quote's not from the article, Ashley, I just didn't want to explain the whole thing.

TheAbominatrix
04-10-2005, 06:05 AM
Eh, whatever, it's close enough.

Vyk
04-10-2005, 06:11 AM
I can't believe this has been debated this far. People, the Legend they refer to IS Sakaguchi. It says so in that article. The scan is impossible to read, but it was in EGM as well, which is what I quoted from. The guy behind the FF franchise is a Legend. He canNOT make FF games under Mistwalker. Squeenix owns that title. I'm sure his games will have a FF flare, but they are NOT remaking FF Legends. And even if those games ever WERE remade, they would most likely not be on X-Box 2, and they'd be re-named back to their original names, which was part of the SaGa series. Seiken Densetsu or whatever. Not to mention all this confusion is over a game called Final Fantasy LegendS. There's an S! This says Legend. Again, that Legend is Sakaguchi. Not a game *breathe*

...Thankfully Kane, 'natrix, and Masamune have their head still on their shoulders. The rest of you are sheep! :p

TheAbominatrix
04-10-2005, 06:28 AM
FF Legend was SaGa, FF Adventure was Seiken Densetsu. Just for reference. And thanks. <3

MecaKane
04-10-2005, 04:14 PM
And for futher refrence FFAdventure was remade and released as Sword of Mana, which is a close enough translation of Seiken Densetsu, on the GBA. Therefore Legends would probably be rerelased as SaGa, if they did! :eek:

Vyk
04-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Ah I always get them confused... Thanks for the info.