PDA

View Full Version : Your Final Fantasy…

**ShadowZone**
04-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Ok, so if you could design the next Final Fantasy game, what would it be like?

Would it be in the dark ages, middle earth or space age type of thing?

What would your characters be like? Would they be small with big heads, pointy ears or big huge beasts with horns? Would they be warriors or archers or mages?

What would the world itself be like?

What would the storyline be???

This is your Final Fantasy so you decide what goes…

;)

Dreddz
04-08-2005, 11:24 AM
It would be set in the future cause im kinda sick of Medievil games now. There would be a world map of coarse. Random battle would stay.
It would be powerfully story driven. Be a tough game to beat. Be about 100+ hours. Alot of side-quests. No love story between the two main girl boy characters ( ive got FFX to thank for that )
And be a Europe Exclusive :D

BlackRibon
05-07-2005, 05:31 PM
mine would be set in the future with paranoid and psichedelic history (like a pink floyd song or a francis ford coppola film) and the main character would be a men obssessed with the power that he has.

CardsOfTheHeart
05-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I once had an idea for a FF-like game which I called F.I.N.A.L. (freedom is not a luxury). I suppose I could convert it to a FF game.

It takes place in an oppressive kingdom; medieval look, futuristic weapons technology. (I know some of you hate the medieval aspect. Sorry!) The king has been ruling this land for years and rules with an iron fist. Everyone in the kingdom is poor because the king has taxed them into poverty. Many attempts have been made to overthrow the king (so many that it has become an annual event). All of them have ended in failure and countless casualties.

This year, however, will be different. A rebel village in the outer borders of this kingdom has been training several warriors to assassinate the king and bring freedom to this land ('cause after all, 'freedom is not a luxury' :p ). This year it has been charged with the duty to take out the oppressive king.

One warrior manages to stand out in this elite force. The village sends him and a couple of his friends off towards the kingdom's centerpiece, simply known as 'The Castle.' :rolleyes2

On their path, the team gains new allies, traverses through dangerous dungeon mazes, and conquers cities built in the way of the castle to stop all intruders.

At 'The Castle', the king shows off great mystical powers (aka an all-party Holy spell) and obliterates everyone in the team- except the warrior chosen to slay the king. The king and the warrior faceoff one-on-one for control of the kingdom. The two fighters end up slaying each other in the battle. The leader of the rebel village rises up and takes command of the throne. The kingdom enjoys an 'eternal calm' of prosperity.

Okay, okay, so that wasn't too good of a plot, but it would have the familiar FF elements and, for a twist, give you the option when you start the game to choose the battle mode: active-time OR turn-based.

tailz
05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
well me and enzo once thought of a rpg (heavily inspired by ff)

its about a doctor who gets send to the past by a failed experiment (first timeline 2300 second 1300) (it has nothing to do with earth history its just fantasy) now in 2300 everyone could use magic and summoning (we thought of our own summons but i cant remember what they where)

the big problem is that he is not the only one send back in time an "evil" 'i want to take over the world dude' went with him now in 1300 both meet new allies and both must strugle to survive

now in the end (whe havent thought of the middle part yet) both teams have to work together (you play two different stories the doctors and the dude's) to fight an evil wich has come to the destroy the planet

the game would be turn based like ffx (srry i like that system)

the doctor would be using
weapon: katana
magic: white magic / blue magic
techniques: status+elemental attacks (like ffta elemantalist)
summons :cant tell you srry

the dude (i think im gonna cal him that in the game it sounds funny)
weapon: spears/blades
magic: black magic / ultimate magic (not gonna tell you what this is) :p
techniques: heavy status damage attacks and fighter abilities (like ffta)
summons: see doctor

rubah
05-07-2005, 08:43 PM
heh.

I'm not really fond of medieval games either.

Yay for presentday!kingdoms.

There would be assigned jobs, but they only count for the individual attacks, the magic types.

the six jobs, we'll call them divisions you'll have are sorta based off of elemental types.

Light, the AerOmines, which are really a race of people.
Sound, Audialists
Touch, Kineticists
Soul, Prophets
Space, Hesperalds
Time, Kairosigans

and man, just saying those names embarasses me.

The idea of them is that they have three special magic type attacks that are unique to each division. Obviously prophets would help to heal the team and lower the enemies' desire to fight or something (I forgot what their keyspell wasxD). AerOmines by virtue of them being a race and the guardians of clodi would have their clodus to fight with as well as light-based spellsxD

audialists fight with sound, which is why Lyssa who is one has a whip, the first manmade thing to break the sound barrier:D

kineticists fight with the power of touch, and I think lowell's keyspell is PainxD (i've got this stuff written down somewhere, but I'm too lazy to find it so it's off the top of my head)

the space and time (not saying their names again, they make me feel like a bad fanfic writerxD) division obviously control space and time.

If you really wanted to be base and obvious, then prophet=whitemage, time=jikuu/time mage, and I dun remember how the others break downxD

But the gameplay is what seems fun so far:D
It's like, you have strength statistics, but you have no defense. maybe you do. I don't really remember. But evasion is an important bit, and you can buy scrolls to improve itxD The idea is that you don't need to be able to defend against attacks if you can just avoid them, and I don't like the idea of 'oh I can defend against 214365 worth of attacks!' your strength stat is worth a hard 1/100th of what you would attack for. Strength of 1 is 100dmg.

The status effects come from various plants you find along your travels, and they're more or less drugs, I thinkxD One of the divisions can control this, but I don't remember which one. Probaly lowell's, the kineticists. Like when you use one, she'll have it selectable (Aha, she's a blue mage, gotcha. well with the red drugs, I think. That makes someone sorta act like the beasts they're attackingxd and lowell would remember the attacks, no matter who did it)

I don't really see the importance of a world map really. but there may or may not be one.

Basic plot is there's the main character (but not the character you play as) and he's a prince, and his mom's all widowed, and she marries his arch enemy, and since it's his arch enemy he wants to kill MCxD So he runs away, his mom's murdered, he finds these people that want to avenge her death, joins up with them, and they have merry ventures together until MC gets sick of life.

Eventually they probably get rid of arch nemesis at some point.

KoShiatar
05-09-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't know much about design, but it would probably be a spin-off titled "Fantastic Moogle Adventure" or something like that.

Jess
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
It would be set in the future cause im kinda sick of Medievil games now. There would be a world map of coarse. Random battle would stay.
It would be powerfully story driven. Be a tough game to beat. Be about 100+ hours. Alot of side-quests. No love story between the two main girl boy characters ( ive got FFX to thank for that )
And be a Europe Exclusive :D

Mine would be similar, but there Would be a love story. Aww :love:.

Super Christ
05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm actually in the process of playing the one I made up with my friends (Pen and paper RPG). I've also started writing it as a book, but who knows how long that will take - I'm still working on the actual writing for Chapter 1 of Disc 1. Gonna post it in arts and writing when I'm done, though.

It's overall plot is probably most like FF1. It's divided up into four parts, which I am referring to as 'Disc 1', 'Disc 2', etc. Disc 1 takes place in a medival type society, Disc 2 takes place in an early industrial age society (kind of like FFIX), Disc 3 takes place in a slightly futuristic society (guessing about 80 years more advanced than us), and Disc 4 takes place in another medival type society. The whole thing takes place on a world I made up called Mendril.

There are three main characters (and about 12 major PC support roles, and several major NPCs). The main main character is Aleena Sumnare, an Elven Black Mage. She's the primary character since she plays a pivotal role in all 4 discs, whereas the other two only do so in 3 discs. She's a fairly strong female lead, in the style of Faris or Celes - although at one point so much crap has simply happened to her that she retracts away from everything that's going on and takes more of a passive role.

The second major character is a Human named Zen Rolin. His looks would be described as a cross between Auron and Vash the Stampede, and his weapon of choice is a BFS, kind of like Cloud. He originates from the futuristic society, and there ends up being something between him and Aleena. The love story between them isn't at the forefront, however, like it is in FFVIII or FFX. Actually, practically every character in Disc 3 has some minor love story going on, but it affects intercharacter dynamics more than the story itself.

The third major character is a Dwarf named Bragg Ironballs. Not much interesting I can say about him that isn't a spoiler.

Minor PC characters include a Drow Rogue named Xander Dougan, a Human Monk named Rydel, a Half-Orc Barbarian named Hobert, an Elven Ranger named Adamisk, a Mithran Rogue named Nbu, a Human named Jak Deepneau, a Human named Kenshin (I don't think he ever specified a last name), and an Android named Sparks. Haven't made up any of the characters for Disc 4 yet, actually - I'm still about 1/3 of the way throuch Disc 3.

There are plenty of major nods, of course, to Final Fantasy in here - if there weren't, I couldn't very well call it Final Fantasy XIII as I am right now. (Well, officially as far as I'm concerned, it's called Final Fantasy the Next One, but putting a number there looks better. It'll get changed once Square announces FFXIII.) There's the familiar plot element - the world is going to be destroyed, and a group of people are put into a position to save it. There's chocobos, airships, and some familiar classes. Of course, the Mithra race (native to one of Mendril's moons) is a nod to FFXI.

There are some other obvious refrences - one major NPC is named Brian Setzer, a world famous Bard with a strong penchant for gambling. The party meets him in a playhouse where he conducts the world famous Brian Setzer Orchestra, and pilots his airship around for them. (The part when he's showing them his airship is great - "Well, here's my airship. It's called the..." "Blackjack?" Aleena interjected sarcastically. "No, actually, it's the Souja - although incidentally, that happens to be the game I won it in.") Another is Cid Meier - he's a good friend of Zen's. In this, he's the man that invented Androids 7 years before the beginning of Disc 3.

There's also refrences to other things all over the place, including but not limited to Resident Evil, Homestar Runner, Phantasy Star, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, Trigun, Tenchi, and The Secret of Mana. While not entirely, this has a lot to do with the fact that I suck at coming up with names. There are even two major references to EoFF - namely, in Disc 1 they go looking for the lost civilization of Idaho, a place most people believe never existed. And the president of the world in Disc 3 is named Bleys Maynard (and Bleys, if you have a problem with that, just PM me and I'll change it).

Anyway, *I'm* psyched about it, and I guess that's what matters most. Looking forward to getting the writing done to see what other people think of it though.

DJZen
05-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Final Fantasy: The Legacy Arena

An Action RPG/Fighting/Strategy hybrid.

Think of it as Super Smash Final Fantasy Bros. You play as characters from various FF games, using their inherent abilities in conjunction with an engine that's half Kingdom Hearts and half Rival Schools, with some mid-battle commands to your allies thrown in. There'd be about 50,000,000,000 things to unlock such as new weapons, skills (for FFI, II, III and V characters), classes, characters, races, items, armor, and more. The number of characters in total would blow your mind.

Story:
The colliseum from FFVI essentially becomes so evil that it becomes sentient, and detaches itself from reality. It enters the Cleft of Dimension (The N-Zone) and begins consuming worlds. One by one, each itterated world (Final Fantasy game) becomes destroyed until finally, in a last ditch effort, the 4 crystals of light summon forth the 4 warriors of light (FFI) to stop the impending disaster. The only way to revive the destroyed worlds is through the C.A.R.D. (Captive Alternate Reality Distillation) system. It's like Pokemon, only way, way cooler.

Donza
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Well, this is mine...

Okay, there are three realms, The realm of the dead, Areyera, and i forget the other one(i made this up ages ago, when i was OBSESSED with final fantasy)

The game is mostly about laurelin, who holds a sword. He also can summon a powerful 'soul' to defend him in tough battles. He lives in Tulaihar, the capital of Areyera (which is just one planet [pretty big realm *cough*] )

The game would mostly be about traveling into other realms, to find out the past of the three realms and defeat the evil guy.

pretty simple, but if you read all the other stuff i made up, you will be so confused, you'd probably think 'okay, this is gay'
- i also made maps! -

Perducci
05-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, first... The story would start out with some kind of opening, that seems pointless at first, but is actually explained later on in a different disk.
After this pointless opening, we enter the main character.
Of course, this main character has to have some wacky hairstyle, and not give a crap about anything other than himself. He must also wield a sword of some kind.
Anyways, this character moves forward through the game, until you've been playing for around half an hour.
This is where you'd get your second and third characters, The arrogant tough-guy who doesn't really like the main character at first, until more of the game has unfolded, and the hot chick with large breasts.
So you do some training, and learn of some evil company/crossdresser/clown/alien/etc, who wants to take over the world, and is somehow connected with the main character, and in order to stop them you must travel in your airship, which is controled by another guy called Cid, to some island/tower/alternate universe/crater/etc, to defeat the evil dude.

The main three characters will not be alone, though... They will be accompanied by at least two more females (One of which is usually completely useless, and the other is only Average at best), the generic Emo 'everybody hates me and I hate everybody' kinda character, with a dark and mysterious past, an airship pilot named Cid, and some sort of animal.

You'd be able to get to level 350, as I think that level 99/100 isn't really high enough. All job classes would be available, though if you just want to use one class, you can get skills from all the other classes by using Materia, which means there is no point for the job classes, but I guess that the player can choose which method they'd like to use.

I'd also make up like, 463 new summons to add to all of the old summons, because there just isn't really enough summons in the game.
Each character would have 200+ weapons, and when walking around on the main map, or even in towns/villages/etc, you would have some kind of stamina bar, which means you would have to eat and sleep and drink, to make the game more realistic. If you let your stamina bar go down all the way, your party gets ambushed by Odin (Even if you have him as a summon), and he kills all your party members and in big red letters the word 'PWNED!' apears on your screen. This would force your control pad to vibrate so much that it explodes and you have to buy a new one before getting a new game.

Oh yeah, this game could either be set in some alternate reality, right here on earth, in space somewhere, or underwater.

Well, that's my idea. And if that doesn't work, they should just make something like FFVI-2: General Leo version.

Mika the Unsent
05-13-2005, 08:14 PM
The third major character is a Dwarf named Bragg Ironballs.

I think I would brag too if I had a set of iron balls! :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-14-2005, 02:04 AM
I already made an RP on the concept. On this site.

As the game is called Final Fantasy and not Final Sci-Fi, it would be set in a fantastic world (although there will be sci-fi elements, as explained shortly).

Basically, the main characters this time are all of the summons. Their world has been invaded by a group of highly technological and militant humans. Another group of humans who have some command over magic and technology also appear, and the story revolves around the war and politics of the three factions.