PDA

View Full Version : What is your LEAST favorite holiday?

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 11:39 AM
n

Shlup
04-08-2005, 11:44 AM
My least favorite holiday is... I don't know. American Independance Day is usually pretty dull.

Nod
04-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I too, dislike Valentines day- just an excuse for corporations etc.to get money out of people.
I am also starting to dislike St.Patrick's day because it seems to be going down the same road- i saw St.Patricks day cards in the shops this year!!!! it used to just be an excuse to get really drunk; which it still is, but it feels different somehow :(

Shlup
04-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I like Valentines Day. ;_;

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 11:47 AM
My least favorite holiday is... I don't know. American Independance Day is usually pretty dull.
There's an American Independence day??!

Miriel
04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm not particularly fond of Groundhog Day.

Rye
04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
I hate Easter very much. There is no real big present payoff so I don't get compsenated for spending time with annoying people and kids who really don't like me. Also, my Easter's are always cursed for suckiness. :/

Old Manus
04-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Valentines' day is going over the top. This year, there were cards on sale to give to your cat and dog. A relationship like that is not going to work.

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Exactly. You know, I came to China hoping they wouldn't associate me with that holiday.
AND THAT'S ALL THEY ASSOCIATE ME WITH.
Eg, stupid nicknames like: Supersuperkisskiss and be my valentine.

Drift
04-08-2005, 12:02 PM
i h8 valentines day...easter is starting to get on my nerves now as well

Shlup
04-08-2005, 12:03 PM
I think a lot of the opinions stated on this thread are... I don't know how to put it. They're sad. Why do you have to dislike holidays because of how businesses try to make money off of them? Businesses try to make money. It's what they do. You don't have to give them your money. You, Old Manus, don't have to buy cards for a cat or dog. You have the choice what you do to celebrate the day, or what you do to protest the day.

I choose to enjoy Valentines Day. When I was single I celebrated by cooking myself a nice dinner and indulging in a bit of selfishness. Now that I'm not single my boyfriend and I have developed of a tradition of me cooking him some fancy dinner that I've never cooked before and eating alone together. We don't rush out to buy cards because "Valentines Day is an excuse for companies to sell more cards" or anything like that. We enjoy the holiday for what it is, and it's a great day.

Also, Easter is heavily commercialized. It's also fun. I like bonding with my sister and brother by dying eggs together, and I like going to church in the park in the morning. I don't buy Easter cards, or big Easter bunny crap, or plastic grass.

I just don't get how people can hate holidays just because businesses *gasp* try to make money off of people who choose to buy such things.

There's an American Independence day??!
Yes. Is that a surprise?

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Phhht. Is your last name Valentine? Do you experience the HORROR?!

I had no idea there was an American Independence day! When is it?

Next thing you know there is going to be a UN Day!

Loony BoB
04-08-2005, 12:09 PM
The holidays where I still have to work tend to suck.

Drift
04-08-2005, 12:13 PM
well at least u dnt have a surname of ...i aint gona say it on here cz i knw ppl will be laughin like hell bt yeh iri! at least urs is a holiday

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 12:17 PM
well at least u dnt have a surname of ...i aint gona say it on here cz i knw ppl will be laughin like hell bt yeh iri! at least urs is a holiday
I guess so. I had a freind with the last name 'Shimatte'. If you change the last letter, it means 'sh*t' in japanese!

Drift
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I guess so. I had a freind with the last name 'Shimatte'. If you change the last letter, it means 'sh*t' in japanese!

wouldnt know what to change the letter to...i only watch japenese anime i aint stuided the japenese language yet im still having trouble with cantonese!

Blackmageboi
04-08-2005, 12:25 PM
yup valentines day sucks its just another excuse for big corperations to earn money and make single people unhappy

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 12:25 PM

wouldnt know what to change the letter to...i only watch japenese anime i aint stuided the japenese language yet im still having trouble with cantonese!

'a'. *giggle giggle* Shimatta!!!
Also, I hate St. Patty's day. what's up with pinching?! I always get pinched in the most horrid places and they say it's because i'm not green. SO WHAT. Pinch my ARM instead!

Apollo
04-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Usually Valentines day I hate.

Drift
04-08-2005, 12:33 PM

'a'. *giggle giggle* Shimatta!!!
Also, I hate St. Patty's day. what's up with pinching?! I always get pinched in the most horrid places and they say it's because i'm not green. SO WHAT. Pinch my ARM instead!

shimatta? wots shibatta den?

crashNUMBERS
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
St.patricks. Not much to do...

Ko Ko
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
shimatta? wots shibatta den?[/QUOTE]
Shibatta is another version.

Drift
04-08-2005, 12:44 PM
shimatta? wots shibatta den?
Shibatta is another version.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh its all clear now! learnt anotha version of a word 2day :D so proud :D

Dr.K
04-08-2005, 01:24 PM
My middle name is Valentine. I have experienced the horror in many diverse ways :roll:
I don't like easter. Nothing much happens, and everyone gets all excited and...meh. Just annoying.

Craig
04-08-2005, 01:27 PM
My least favourite holiday is Easter. Sure the eggs can be tastey and I know it's a religous hoiday. But it's absolutely pointless to me. Valentine's day can suck if you are single, but hopefully I won't be single forever.

DMKA
04-08-2005, 04:10 PM
All of them besides Christmas.

ShivaBlizzard8
04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I had no idea there was an American Independence day! When is it?
Woah, woah, woah - you seriously have never heard of Independance Day? I guess call me a ignorant American, but I'd thought everybody had heard of that one. It's on the Fourth of July - the anniversary of the United States' Declaration of Independance from England in 1776. England refused their colonies' declaration to form the United States, and the result was years of a very bloody Revolutionary War that the U.S. had little chance of winning. But with a lot of luck and some help from the French, we won in 1783, and no longer speak with British accents. And we Bostonians drink our tea without paying British taxes. ;) More info @ http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/revolution/ The British stayed pissed for a while, and attacked us again in 1812, but we won again and now we're best of buds, and make fun of each other constantly. It's interesting that you've never heard of it, since I thought it was pretty well known considering that the government formed by the leaders of the Revolution was considered quite unique and served as a model for revolutions in other countries, such as France's in 1789. Also, I think the election system of the president was the first peaceful transfer of power in a nation, but I could be wrong on that - its been a long time since high school U.S. History. LOL

Um, well there is a UN Day on October 24th. In fact, there's an entire UN week, but unlike Independance Day, the public doesn't really celebrate it. I only found out because I Googled it when you mentioned it just out of curiousity, and this site came up: http://www.patriotism.org/un_day/ along with a bunch of others. I guess there's a day for everything. :)

ANYWAY, my least favorite holiday is National Twinkie Day. Seriously, that's just pathetic. It was a couple of days ago, and we all got free Twinkies in our office mailboxes at school. Although I never turn down free foot, I was still a bit, WTF? Twinkies? Come on, I'm sure we could have found some group to honor that day with other than a company responisble for childhood obesity. LOL.

CaptRory
04-08-2005, 04:40 PM
We didn't exactly "win" the war. We had some successful ground victories that forced the Royal Expeditionary Force into a position where they would be destroyed, but that wasn't even a fraction of England's might and they would've been replaced quickly. In reality, it was our Navy sinking and capturing their merchant vessels that ended the war. The businessmen demanded their gov't end the war because they were losing too much money.

Also, we declared the war that is known as The War of 1812. They were capturing our merchant ships and pressing our sailors into service in their navy. Prior to the war we were trading with both the french and the British but England refused to acknowledge our neutrality.

Back on topic: I also do not like Valentine's Day. I'm thinking of celebrating it as "Bitter Singles Day" for people like me who rarely have a girlfriend and are forced to put up with overbearing people who wonder how you can go through life without a constant companion.

Creeping Shadow
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
i hate valentines day i always get made fun of on it because none likes me and thats y i hate love. But i love halloween its so dark and scary which makes it so cool :skull6:

Blackmageboi
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
i hate valentines day i always get made fun of on it because none likes me and thats y i hate love. But i love halloween its so dark and scary which makes it so cool :skull6:
valentines day also sucks for making single people unhappy
but yes halloween is good

Zeldy
04-08-2005, 05:10 PM
I dont like valentines day, its.. to me, Its so disapointing.
You think, oh ill sooo get one this year, and you dont. :(
Halloween sucks too, i cant be bothered making costumes, ive had the same costume for like 2 years, but its too small for me now :(
My zombie outfit rocked.. :crying:

Resha
04-08-2005, 07:02 PM
The really really really short ones are bad. :(

Ryth
04-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Valentine's Day no damn doubt about it every year since the 3rd damned grade every girl hates you so you don't give any out they tease they make you feel like a piece of ****. You're no good you have no money and you don't have the guts to ask them. I hated them all seeing all those ****heads so happy while all they do is walk around acting cool and making others seem like ants compared to his retarded ass gets all those stupid whores and the ones that aren't show no interest in my existence anyway and those assholes will be living in a trailer in debt working at a McDonalds and almost gets fired because he's too damned stupid to press the buttons on the register. While I bust my damn ass to suceed in this hellhole of a world getting teased by these retards with little to no friends seeing everyone so freaking happy while you're stuck with all this depressing stress by yourself eyes burning chest hurting wishing it could all end now thats a normal day Valentine's Day multiply it by 10 and you're not even close you see them with girls you want that you think you deserve that you want someone to love someone to hold but you can't becasue everyone wants to see you miserable. Next year will be my first year with a girlfriend but she lives so far away I can talk to her on the net. Maybe it will be better at least I'll probably feel like its all worth it I get to go home and talk to her the one I love with all my heart the one I want to be with forever someone who makes all the lonliness and teasing worth it. I hate them all for making my life so miserable but without them there would be a good chance me and her would never be together I thank them for that but everything esle I hate them for I hate Valentine's Day I am easily angered and all around depressed....I hate Valentine's Day,.... :mad: Sorry I had to get it off my chest... :mad:

XxSephirothxX
04-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Probably Easter, because...I don't really even know. Easter just sucks.

nik0tine
04-09-2005, 06:07 AM
I don't really like Christmas. Getting presents is awkward.

Shlup
04-09-2005, 06:13 AM
I guess you get an excuse. xD

I had no idea there was an American Independence day! When is it?July 4th. We usually have BBQs and play with fireworks.
There probably is.

nik0tine
04-09-2005, 06:50 AM
July 4th. We usually have BBQs and play with fireworks.

We generally do anything and everything that is not related to the American Independance.

Rinen
04-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Not to sound too much like a hermit, but I dislike holidays. My reasons are personal, as I have had terrible experiences with each holiday in my life. While growing up, I decided to look through everything and I've formulated my own thoughts and theories. It's much better creating my own things and having discussions than to recieve a gift or two.

Dingo Jellybean
04-09-2005, 07:10 AM
My birthday.

The Captain
04-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Based on the results of the past two, I am not currently fond of Election Day.

Take care all.

Resha
04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
I wonder why so many people hate a day dedicated to spreading love. :( It's so wrong!!! V-day is so happy and huggly, I luffs it and everyone on V-day. xD

Destai
04-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Halloween. Worst holiday ever. Lets egg a defenseless old couple! yay for fucktards!

Erdrick Holmes
04-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Christmas.

Destai
04-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Christmas. *evil eyes Joel*

nik0tine
04-13-2005, 11:55 PM

Take care all.

I had forgotten why you were my hero. :p

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Why evil eye me? I hate it. It's the holiday where I have to pretend that I'm getting along with my mother. I hate it.

nik0tine
04-14-2005, 12:15 AM
I agree with Joel. The family parties... ugh... Pretending you like lame ass gifts... UGH!!!

kikimm
04-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanksgiving. I don't like being forced to eat food for hours while I sit and listen to my relatives talk in a language I can't even fully understand. Lame.

:D

Trumpet Thief
04-14-2005, 01:22 AM
chaos: I hate groundhog day the most, even though the majority of holidays annoy me.
Rubedo: And what's with the sudden hate of Valentines day? :rolleyes:

Social Moon Firesky
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
yup valentines day sucks its just another excuse for big corperations to earn money and make single people unhappy

Valentine's Day pisses me off because I never receive cards from the people I like, and it reminds of the time I made a prat of myself in fron tof this guy. OMG I was a twat! *Runs and hides under a rock and cries* Oh, and I hate Christmas as well, 'cos it means I've got to spend all day with my family... :mad:

Destai
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh, and I hate Christmas as well, 'cos it means I've got to spend all day with my family... :mad:And your presents :tongue:
Why evil eye me? I hate it. It's the holiday where I have to pretend that I'm getting along with my mother. I hate it.Im not serious.

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Take care all.

Election Day isn't a Holiday though.

Social Moon Firesky
04-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Election Day's gay all the same. Send Tony Blair into exile and put me and my spoons in power! :D

The Captain
04-16-2005, 08:04 AM
"Election Day isn't a Holiday though."

Every four years I believe it is, since schools and banks are closed.

Take care all.

Rainecloud
04-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Christmas Day. It's just so boring.

smittenkitten
04-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah!Halloween is my fav last year i dressed up as her in the ring went to my local graveyard and scared the crap out of this guy at my school i felt great after it because he bullied me at school because i wore black tuh that's men for ya an valentimes is a annoying because this guy keeps sending me flowers!xXx

Big D
04-16-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't mind most holidays, even though some are a little wierd.

However, Shrove Pancake day bugs me for several reasons:
We don't get the day off
It's a VERY silly name
I have no idea what it's about

However, number 3 has probably got a lot to do with my own ignorance.

Old Manus
04-16-2005, 09:58 AM
You make pancakes. Because it's the beginning of lent and you have to eat basic foods. Or something.

Itsunari 2000
04-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Valentine's Day - it's just an excuse for the card companies to fill their wallets made from cheap and tacky goods.

SadisticStreetSoldie
04-16-2005, 11:41 PM
I know this is going to sound cliche now but Valentines Day *sniff* 15 whole years and I have never received not one card or anything and every single year everyone always shows off what they received for the next couple of days after the damn holiday :mad2:. And honestly I have a lot of admirers and have I'm told that I'm a 'natural beauty' all the time so now I'm thinking that maybe there's something wrong with my personality :cry:

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 11:19 AM
You poor thing! I totally know what it feels like, not to get a Valentine's card...:cry: Just so it doesn't happen again: *Gives everyone a late Valentine's card and huggles*

nik0tine
04-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Does anybody actually worry about not getting a Valentines day card?

Ko Ko
04-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I get TONS.
Mostly addressed to my clock.
Anyway, There is a UN Day, and, shockingly, it is on my birthday. :skull2:

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 11:57 AM
*Huggles Iri's clock*

Skogs
04-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Christmas gets increasingly crappier as you get older. All the magic of when you were a kid gives way to cheap commercial gimmicks. I say we all boycott Christmas.

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 01:34 PM
*Joins boycott* Christmas sucks. It's become a materialist's dream.

Leene
04-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I agree with Destai.

Drift
04-17-2005, 05:37 PM
heh nice clock iri i get nothing ever!!! :(

Jojee
04-17-2005, 05:45 PM
You guys are silly. I love all holidays, because they are holidays and an excuse to celebrate and do stuff :p :p

Especially Valentines Day. I've always liked it! It's so pretty and flowery and lovey and <333 *falls over* Mmm and chocolates, anyone? xD Now I like it even more cos' my boy and my anniversary fall on that date. ^_^

smittenkitten
04-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Tuh I got sent chocolates and a poem by this guy that goes round valentimes dressed up as a cherub in a pink nappy?..with nothing else well then he started reading it to me in front of the class well i knew i'd never hear the end of it from my mates :rolleyes:xXx..

Dreddz
04-17-2005, 07:30 PM
I get valentines cards and rub out the names and re-send them :D

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I made a complete fool of myself on Valentine's Day when I was 8. *Shudders* I blush just thinking about it...

T-MaN
04-18-2005, 03:13 AM
I made a complete fool of myself on Valentine's Day when I was 8. *Shudders* I blush just thinking about it...
Don't worry, your not the only one who made a fool of themselves on Valentine's Day. I still remember that night 3 years ago....

disapointedchild
04-18-2005, 03:34 AM
I always hated my girlfriends birthday. I have to buy her something or else. It sucks.

As for national holidays, valentines day, because you have to buy your girlfriend a gift. It sucks.

Well I guess valentines night, makes up for it. Haha.

StarlightAngel
04-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Groundhog's Day.

Most pointless holiday ever :/

T-MaN
04-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Groundhog's Day.

Most pointless holiday ever :/
There's such a thing called Groundhog's Day? I never heard of it.

Social Moon Firesky
04-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Have you ever heard of Whitsun? What the hell is it? When is it? Is it religious? (If so, then pardon my 'what the hell' earlier on :D)

Project G
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Valentines day- depressing
Christmas- Just another day but with presents
Easter- fattening
Halloween- Pointless

Social Moon Firesky
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Hallow'een = Good for scaring little kids! :D

starlet
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I know this is going to sound cliche now but Valentines Day *sniff* 15 whole years and I have never received not one card or anything and every single year everyone always shows off what they received for the next couple of days after the damn holiday :mad2:. And honestly I have a lot of admirers and have I'm told that I'm a 'natural beauty' all the time so now I'm thinking that maybe there's something wrong with my personality :cry:

Don't let that bring you down..I didn't get anything for v-day until ...last V-day actually ^^' I had to wait 20 years. damn im getting old. anyways...
I don't like easter! I'm not a 'beliver' so it really has no significance to me.
I don't like christmas much either because it just isnt the same when your not a kid anymore. and I hate it when someone gets you something and your not expecting something from them so you have to go buy them something and deal with christmas traffic and parking >_<
and after my next birthday (It's next Splatturday...er saturday..I'm gonna be 21^____^ *jumps for joy*) I'm not gonna like my birthday because it all goes downhill from there. I'm just not gonna have anymore birthdays. I'll be 21 when I'm really 70 :tongue:
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go renew my stupid licence.

Social Moon Firesky
04-20-2005, 08:17 AM
OMG! I can't wait until I'm 20! Okay, next Valentine's Day, I'm gonna send myself a whole load of cards and pressies, lol.

Triple T
04-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm not particularly fond of Groundhog Day.

Me neither. xP What's the point anyway? Grounhogs are cute but a shadow won't affect the outcome of spring...

Social Moon Firesky
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM
When is Groundhog day?

DMKA
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Election Day's gay all the same.
Is that why it sits right inbetween two other days?

Social Moon Firesky
04-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Lalol! :laugh: