PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna go to school...

Loony BoB
04-08-2005, 12:43 PM
If you're sick, do you go to school/work? I know some people who come to work sniffing and coughing all day, I think it's pretty gross. At the same time, I see some people who take the day off for a broken nail (slight exaggeration). Personally, I go to work when I'm feeling ill, but if I know I'm going to annoy people with constant sniffing and all that, then I just call in saying I'm too sick to work. If I'm actually ill in the digestive-system way, then I stay home, too.

Blackmageboi
04-08-2005, 12:46 PM
i go to school most the time if im ill just take some calpol in the morning and im fine i badly sprained my toe a while back and it hurt to walk to i had to have a few days off then i re injured it and had another 3 days off

Dr.K
04-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Along a similar line to BoB. If it's just feeling weak and flushed, I'll brave it out. If it's going to be a mission for me to last the day, I'll stay at home.

withered
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I used to take any excuse to get off of school. If I just had a cold or a headache I wouldn't go; but I rarely get sick so that didn't happen.
Though if I had meningitis-or something else highly contagious and deadly-I would make a point of making it into school.

Rainecloud
04-08-2005, 04:58 PM
More often than not, I'll phone in sick if I'm not feeling too well. Unfortunately, this can cause certain members of staff to taunt me for weeks "because I'm a weak man who can't cope with a little bit of a cold". The way I see things is that if you're genuinely ill, you should take some time off work to recover (that is if you can afford to be off). When my workmates arrive with colds, coughs and other viruses, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Plus, I'll probably catch the virus within a few days, thus causing even more work absences for my boss to have to cope with.

Attenting work whilst ill = stupid.

fire_of_avalon
04-08-2005, 05:09 PM
It depends on how sick I am, how long I'll be working, what I'll be having to do, and when I last worked. But I'm rarely ever sick.

Destai
04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I'll stay home if I can get away with it but I dont mind braving it out.

Raistlin
04-08-2005, 06:00 PM
I stay home for fevers and infections(viruses, sinus infections, etc). I'll go to classes and/or work with a cold or bad allergies or headache, or whatever, depending on what's going on that day and how bad it is(if I have a <i>really</i> bad headache and sod all to do that day, I'll stay home).

Zeldy
04-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Im hardly ever ill, pfft..,but when i am, i usually get sent to school.. ooh memorys..
"get your cereal eaten amy!!"
"uh.. but Dad... im really not well..."
i was sick in the toilets and you'll never geuss what i brought up,
Frosted flakes :mad:

Psychotic
04-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I definitely try to get out of it when I'm ill...

...and sometimes when I'm not.

Nod
04-08-2005, 06:29 PM
It depends upon the severty of the illness.
If I have a cough or a cold i will go to work, but that is because i get over that sort of thing very quickly.
Anything of a more serious nature will probably mean I am bed-ridden and thus unable to get to work even if I wanted to.

SeeDRankLou
04-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I have to be incapacitatingly sick or contagious not to go to work. I save my sick days for hangovers and going to the beach.

Dreddz
04-08-2005, 06:30 PM
No one wants to go school

boris no no
04-08-2005, 06:34 PM
if i'm feeling really poo i'll have the day off.
i was pretty/really ill the other week so i had a week off uni. it was fun!

Resha
04-08-2005, 06:36 PM
I feel guilty staying home when I'm sick. ;_; So I don't do it very often. Lol.

AAAH SCHOOL ON MONDAY NO NO NO NO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELUFFED EASTER HOLIDAYS??????????? :( I have to do all my homework, and sleep EARLY, and get stressed and have tests and revise and study and run around like a madwoman....

EASTER HOLS SHOULD BE LONGER. Countdown to school: 2 days

Dreddz
04-08-2005, 06:38 PM
I feel guilty staying home when I'm sick. ;_; So I don't do it very often. Lol.

AAAH SCHOOL ON MONDAY NO NO NO NO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELUFFED EASTER HOLIDAYS??????????? :( I have to do all my homework, and sleep EARLY, and get stressed and have tests and revise and study and run around like a madwoman....

EASTER HOLS SHOULD BE LONGER. Countdown to school: 2 days

HAHA ive got an extra week :D
I want the Hol to be longer but I also want it shorter. I mean do you know how boring it is to be in a house all by yourself for 3 weeks with no money.

Resha
04-08-2005, 06:43 PM
HAHA ive got an extra week :D
I want the Hol to be longer but I also want it shorter. I mean do you know how boring it is to be in a house all by yourself for 3 weeks with no money.
Yeah, well...FINE! xD Beeee that way. I'll console myself with the fact that I get a week's more of gaining knowledge than you...and homework, and tests, and stress, and mean teachers, and getting told off... :(

Misfit
04-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I never get sick to stay home. :(

Ouch!
04-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Like others have said, it depends how sick I am. If I just have a little cold and I'll have a little bit of a coughing trouble here and there, I'll go to school. If I'm constantly hacking up my lungs then I'll stay home.

Resha
04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
My mummie forces me to stay home (if and when I'm sick). >=/ BAD.

Roogle
04-08-2005, 08:50 PM
I work at home, so the only way I can get out of it is if I...

Dingo Jellybean
04-08-2005, 09:14 PM
I still go to work and school. To hell with my classmates and co-workers!

Unless I'm really sick (I haven't been sick since 10/14/94), I usually attend.

Rye
04-08-2005, 09:47 PM
I lean more towards the "take off from school for slight things."

Shlup
04-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I generally don't think thrice, usually not even twice, about missing some classes if I'm ill. None of my classes this quarter even grade on attendance.

Chaos
04-08-2005, 11:04 PM
If I'm ill and it's contagious then I'll stay home.

With some things - colds etc it gets better as the day goes on and I find school takes my mind off it. But if it is bad then I will stay at home.

Chaos

nik0tine
04-08-2005, 11:15 PM
I take the day off when I am sick, as well as taking the day off whenever I feel like it.

Shoeberto
04-09-2005, 01:17 AM
I rarely get sick enough that my parents would allow me to stay home from school. The only time I do stay home is when I've carefully crafted it so I actually seem like I'm really sick.

Jewels
04-09-2005, 03:02 AM
If I do get sick, sometimes I stay home and not go into University. But it's usually been laziness and being really tired that makes me skip Uni instead. And when I did have a job, I would definitely not go in when I was sick. Working around food while being sick is definitely not a good look.

Luc
04-09-2005, 03:08 AM
I usually always go to school, whether I'm sick or not. :(

Faris
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
There's a rule at my school that you're not aloud to go if you have something contagious.

rubah
04-09-2005, 03:40 AM
I go to school.

When people say 'omg you're pale as a ghost and you look like you're about to throw up' and lead me to the nurse's office, I'll go home.

Del Murder
04-09-2005, 03:59 AM
If I can physically do it I usually will. I've taken a lot of sick time this year, it's been pretty bad.

Dixie
04-09-2005, 04:00 AM
I never get to stay home; unless it's easy to see that I'm sick.

Gadwin
04-09-2005, 04:01 AM
i've already graduated, but i'm back for an extra semester to boost my marks. I have two spares in the morning, so I don't need to go to school til 11.

Lenna
04-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Well for the past few months, I've been going to college but I've been off quite alot. Now at the start of the term I was Anaemic and I had glandular fever. So my doctor gave a note of why I would be ill and that there would be times when I would be too ill to come in, either way, I still phoned in to college or my mum did. Lately my illnesses have been getting worse, I'm not anaemic anymore or neither do I have glandular fever, but instead I've been diagnosed with M.E a basic sleeping disorder which makes you very ill. It also tires you out alot easier. Mentally and Physically. And while I've been going out getting these blood tests to see if I did have M.E. They've kicked me out of college. With lack of support or help. The doctors informed them that I now have M.E and that it was unfair kicking me out whilst having an illness such as this. Theres not really much to do about the situation other than placing a complaint.

I think some organisations need to read up on some of the illnesses that their employee's / students may have, as it is quite rediculous to allow someone who is off practically all the time, to stay there/at college (one of my mates had constantly bunked off college and she's still there now.) and then kick someone who has a proper illness which can prevent certain things in life out.