PDA

View Full Version : I'm in computer hell @_@

eternalshiva
04-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm having a 'Graphic Device Driver" issue with my computer keeping me from playing FFXI ; ;. every time I try to access FFXI, my computer crashes and I get a "Your computer recovered from a major error" message. SO, I resinstalled ATI Radeon, made the computer crash 5-6 times in a row @_@; so now I'm thinking of reformatting the computer but I have no clue how to do that >.> and some guy at compupro wants to charge me 50 bucks for something I know is rather simple. And... he can't do it until Tuesday ; ; I can't stay that long away from FFXI ; ;. So computer Gurus, tell me what to do as I back up my vital files...

Shoeberto
04-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Did you try just upgrading your drivers off ATI's website?

Rye
04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm having a 'Graphic Device Driver" issue with my computer keeping me from playing FFXI ; ;. every time I try to access FFXI, my computer crashes and I get a "Your computer recovered from a major error" message. SO, I resinstalled ATI Radeon, made the computer crash 5-6 times in a row @_@; so now I'm thinking of reformatting the computer but I have no clue how to do that >.> and some guy at compupro wants to charge me 50 bucks for something I know is rather simple. And... he can't do it until Tuesday ; ; I can't stay that long away from FFXI ; ;. So computer Gurus, tell me what to do as I back up my vital files...

That happens when I play The Sims on my computer, I dunno why though and how to fix it. :/

XxSephirothxX
04-09-2005, 08:04 PM
I'd suggest trying to download the drivers like Hsu mentioned. If that doesn't work, email ATI and tell them what your error message is--it may be something they're familiar with. If that doesn't work, I don't know what you could do to fix the problem, but I'm sure there's something short of completely reformatting your computer that'll fix it.

Samuraid
04-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Also check to see if there are any patches for FFXI.

BakaSan
04-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Also open the case and make sure the card is firmly in its slot :)