PDA

View Full Version : Vivi?

Krag Koopa
04-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Is there more than one vivi? What is he? is he a clone? does he have relatives?

My name is...something..?
04-10-2005, 12:11 AM
I take it you haven't beaten the game???

Gwelenguchenkus
04-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Is there more than one vivi? What is he? is he a clone? does he have relatives?

To answer your question: 1. Yes there is. 2. Black Mages are created from mist, which is a byproduct of dead souls going through the Iifa Tree. 3. No, but at the end of the game, you find like 4 or 5 vivi clones, which is not really explained in much detail, other than that they are Vivi's... sons/daughters (how you would tell, I don't know, it seems to me that all Black Mages are Male). 4. Yes, and at the end of the game, even more relatives.

Krag Koopa
04-10-2005, 04:29 PM
.....is that spoiler thing a link?

Resha
04-10-2005, 05:08 PM
No, highlight all the stuff after the word spoiler. You should finish the game, you'll understand the Vivi thing as you go on. ;)

Drift
04-10-2005, 05:57 PM
i finished the game but i never got why there was so many vivi's at the end

Ezme
04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Its supposed to be open to interpretation. Ingame theres hint about the fact that Vivi could "stop" but we don't know why/when etc. so depends what you what really to wether you want to belive that vivi is still alive a the end or he stoped but created clones before. I kinda like the bittersweet ending of vivi stopping but somehow carrying on his legacy with his "sons"

Squall of SeeD
04-11-2005, 03:54 AM
(Highlight to read.)
Well, the game all but assures us that Vivi is dead by the time of Zidane's return with that dialogue that was going on during the ending leading up to the Play. It was certainly Vivi talking and it ends with him saying farewell to everyone and then saying "My memories will be part of the sky...." He at the very least anticipated his death. With him not being present in the ending, and taking into account the things he said, it's safe to assume he is dead. As for the origin of his sons, that is the one mystery of Final Fantasy IX that will endure forever more than likely. There's no hint offered as to where they may have come from. Whether he created them from Mist before his own demise, or whether they were formed from him after his death is unknown.

nirojan
04-13-2005, 01:48 AM
No there are no clones of him!!

But i don't know about the relitives??

Rikku199
04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
well i haven't finished the game yet, - still on disk 3 after having it for 2 years lolz, the only thing i knew was that vivi was fished outta the sky by the weird looking thing like quina, that was feeding him to eventurley eat him or sumthing? and that vivi was the earlier model than the black mages in the black mage village and that he has a longer life span than the ones in black mage village? .... i didn't know there were more like vivi though? (but then again, there must be more when i think about it logically, becuase vivi must've fell off a cargo ship leading to the qu thingy fishing him outta the sky, i guess it just came as a shock becuase, theres no hint in the game what so ever of it showing more of vivi's makes.

Camanche
04-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Isn't there an entire thread that relates to this? The "Why did it happen to Vivi?" thread. XD

But... I wouldn't recommend going there if you haven't beat the game yet.

Chris
04-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Isn't there an entire thread that relates to this? The "Why did it happen to Vivi?" thread. XD

But... I wouldn't recommend going there if you haven't beat the game yet.

As the matter of fact: VIVI Thread. ^_^. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44655)

Camanche
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Yes, sorry. I was too lazy to get the link. :p