PDA

View Full Version : FF with the best music

Apollo
04-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Which FF game do you think has the best soundtrack out of I-X2? For me it would have to be FFVIII! The music in that game was so cool! I loved it! :love:

Edit: Oopes fogot to add a poll! *slaps forehead*

Shoden
04-10-2005, 12:49 AM
definatly FFVIII

My name is...something..?
04-10-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm also going to say FFVIII, I loved the military themed ones

Servilonus2112
04-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Fools. Everyone knows FFVI has the greatest composed music ever, and the best themes, variations, and last battle theme of any FF. I find the Music in VIII to be all the same, and it has some good composing (Uematsu, duh), but some underdeveloped synth. IV started the really good music, as it was the first FF on SNES, giving it more tracks to use. V had great battle themes, and VI had the greatest music overall. VII is my close second in favorite FF OST, as it also had awesome themes, and broke its battle themes from the previous straight rock style ones with the aaaaaaaggaaaaaaa bassline in the beginning of the song. VIII tried to be like VII, and IX tried to be like VI, and although it wasnt, it was a good soundtrack. X+ isnt really Uematsu, so I dont care, but X had a decent soundtrack, as did X-2. Not a fan of XI, sounds like generic MMORPG music to me.

Masamune·1600
04-10-2005, 02:01 AM
In terms of music:

1. FFVI: Overall best music. I'm a particular fan of Opening Theme, Terra's Theme, Celes' Theme, Coin Song, Dancing Mad, The Decisive Battle, and Searching for Friends.

2. FFVII: Had One Winged Angel, my favorite FF piece. Also had Aeris' Theme (arguably the most poignant piece is the series), J-E-N-O-V-A, The Birth of God, You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet, Those Who Fight Further (Still More Fighting), Those Chosen by the Planet, Jenova Absolute, and many more. Best boss themes.

3. FFVIII: Had Liberi Fatali, Compression of Time, The Extreme, Force Your Way, Man With the Machine Gun, Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, and more. Extremely strong overall soundtrack...good stuff.

4. FFV: Battle on the Big Bridge (Battle with Gilgamesh) is one of the greatest FF themes ever. There are not as many extraordinary pieces in my view as the VI-VIII, but it had a very strong overall soundtrack. Intension of the Earth and Ahead On Our Way were very enjoyable.

5. FFX: To Zanarkand and Battle With Seymour were nothing short of amazing. Someday the Dream will Fade, Otherworld, and Suteki da ne are good pieces, but not on the order of the first two mentioned. Little else jumps out at me at the moment.

6. FFIX: A great soundtrack, but far from my favorite. Vamo' alla Flamenco is an incredible piece. Kuja's Theme and Immoral Melody are cool. The Place I'll Return to Someday was a good intro, but paled compared to FFVIII's far-superior Liberi Fatali.

7. FFIV: A good soundtrack, but in my mind much less impressive than those which followed. Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV, Chocobo Chocobo, Illusionary World, and Golbez Clad in the Dark are probably my favorite pieces.

8. (ties) FFI-III, FFX-2, FFT: Good soundtracks, but simply not on the level of the above.

Faith
04-10-2005, 04:43 AM
FF VI had THE best overall music, and that's saying a lot for the fact it was on the SNES when it originally released. Celes' Theme, Terra's Theme, Coin Toss, Forever Rachel and Sabin and Edgar's theme are excellent examples.

It's a tough tie for me, personally, since Loss Of Me (Beatrix's Theme) from FF IX is my favorite Final Fantasy music piece.

rubah
04-10-2005, 11:42 PM
8 or 10.

To Zanarkand is awful fun to play on the piano.

And a lot of the ff8 SeeD songs are really stirring, like The Stage Is Set.

And The Oath is just beautiful.

Levian
04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
3. FFVIII: Had Liberi Fatali, Compression of Time, The Extreme, Force Your Way, Man With the Machine Gun, Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, and more. Extremely strong overall soundtrack...good stuff.

xDD

It's Find your way. :greenie:

Anyway, my favourite is VI, and IX on a second place.

crono_logical
04-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Actually, FF8 OST has both "Find Your Way" and "Force Your Way" :monster:

Force Your Way being a great boss theme :D

Masamune·1600
04-11-2005, 03:11 PM

xDD

It's Find your way. :greenie:

Anyway, my favourite is VI, and IX on a second place.

Force Your Way is FFVIII's normal boss theme. Find Your Way is, as mentioned above, a separate piece of music. It had a vaguely creepy, mysterious feel. I preferred Force Your Way, although Find Your Way was also a good piece.

Still, Force Your Way was awesome.

Irvine78
04-12-2005, 03:34 AM
VII is generally the most overrated game of all time. the music is really, REALLY good (arguable really REALLY REALLY good), but it ends up feeling a little less aesthetic as you play on...i can really piss my friends in the band off playing the overworld map theme on the marimba.

VI and VIII...yeah they rule. i will hunt to the ends of the earth for a VI cart.

IX...i just bought it. i can't form a real opinion on it yet but it is not that bad.

X...about 90% of the time the music was neutral in this game, and neutral doesn't cut it.

T...it's one of the best in the series i think. musically it is sorta touch-and-go, but i don't have another game that i've spent 100+ hours on (not a MMORPG guy)

I-III...the nes was the nes. they were alright for their day.

strawberryman
04-12-2005, 03:53 AM
I actually quite liked most of the FFV music. So, were there a poll it'd get my vote.
My favorites are Battle with Gilgamesh (of course), my home sweet home (had I a heart, this would be the closest one to it.), reminiscence, final battle, intension of the earth (I can swear I hear a bit of kujas theme in it. I'm thinking this is it's origins.), pirates ahoy, The land unknown, Harvest, and searching the light.

Trumpet Thief
04-12-2005, 04:32 AM
chaos: A tie between FFVI and FFIX. So many great pieces from both games, although the other Final Fantasies had at least one theme that I fell in love with.

Rubedo: Final Fantasy IX for the many songs played as you enter different towns/cities, as well as songs that really portray the mood ("You're not Alone" being my favorite). FFVI had Kefka's Final Boss song as well, so it is really hard to choose.

SeeDRankLou
04-14-2005, 07:44 PM
All the soundtracks on a whole have been fairly good. They have had some very good tracks, some good tracks, and then a slew of moderate tracks. The FFIX soundtrack suffers from this. A lot of good songs but a lot more just average songs. FFVI, FFVII and FFX also suffered from this, but not to such an extent. FFX-2, while it wasn't bad at all, had a god-aweful chocobo theme that just ruined the entire soundtrack, so it can't be considered on this list (lucky, it wasn't played very often). The only soundtrack that hasn't suffered from this as severely as the rest is FFVIII. I suppose it's the military nature of this game, it is very easy to compose music of a military style. Also, a lot of the songs on the FFVIII soundtrack took samples of melody from Liberi Fatali, and you just can't go wrong with a song that was that great. As they say, first impressions (or first songs on an album as it were) do leave a mark. So my vote goes to FFVIII. Not to mention, it has the best series of final boss music I've ever heard.

SublimeStar007
05-01-2005, 07:51 PM
wow this is a tough one to think of. I love the OST's from VI and VII. I'd have to say VI & VII are my 2 faves because those OST's are absolutely awesome.
For VI I love Aria De Mezzo Carraterre, Epitaph, Coin Song, Terra (Tina) & Wild West (The Veldt Theme) (and many more)

For VII I love Aerith's Theme, Cosmo Canyon, Interrupted By Fireworks, Turk's Theme, One Winged Angel, Who Am I & many more from that OST.

Destai
05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Somewhere between VII, X. I just wasnt that gone on VI's and it didnt have near as much songs as these games if Im not mistaken. I wouldnt consider IX because I think all its songs are close to a dull old medieval theme. I think VIII's was great and the general military theme was class but I dont think the songs were as varied as VII or X's.

rubah
05-01-2005, 11:41 PM
nine has the prettiest music, 8 probably has the best themed (what with all the military bits:D) music

disapointedchild
05-06-2005, 04:07 AM
FF8. Come on Liberi Fatali.

Charlotte
05-07-2005, 10:06 PM
I liked FF8's music the most probably. Then FF10's, I liked some of that too.

Takara
05-08-2005, 08:30 AM
VI, without a doubt. I can count the tracks I don't like on the fingers of one hand, so that should tell you how much I absolutely adore this soundtrack (I'm actually listening to it as I type this).

I'm also quite fond of IX's soundtrack. It's my second favourite. Some people think the Melodies of Life/Garnet's Theme variations were overdone, but oh well, it won't change my opinion on the tracks.

IV would be a very close 3rd, but again, I'm biased. :p

All the FF games had their lot of nice tracks. One that surprised me was III. I have never played it before downloading the rom, and I was amazed how nice the music was, even for a NES game. Anyone who doesn't get impressed by the Invincible's theme should be ashamed of themselves, because it's, by far, one of the best airship theme in the series.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61469