PDA

View Full Version : ruby and emerald

Salarian
04-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I need some help with these guys anything will do i cant beat them no mater what! :mad:

Levian
04-10-2005, 12:13 PM
:monster: : http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58954

Meat Puppet
04-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Hit him with your sword.

Counter-Deathblow
04-11-2005, 03:03 AM
LOL @
Hit him with your sword.

that was pretty harsh man but that was so funny...

but no seriously i beat ruby and emerald without KOTR or mime...

NOTE: Legend
Character Name Level - Weapon, Armor, Accessory
1. Weapon Materia Line from left to right
2. Armor Materia Line from left to right

(materia name)=(materia name) is one link

[M]materia name is mastered materia
[#]not mastered level

Here's my setup...

----
Cloud Lv.88 - Ultima Weapon, Mystile, Ribbon
1. ([M]CounterAttack)=([M]CounterAttack), ([M]CounterAttack)=([M]CounterAttack), ([M]Counter)=([M]Deathblow), ([M]Counter)=([M]Deathblow)
2. ([M]4x-cut)=([M]E. Skill), ([M]Added Cut)=(Master Command), ([M]Final Attack)=([M]Revive)

Desc.: Cloud does a normal 4x-cut when attacking + 1 added cut... when he gets hit he does 4 counters + 2 deathblows + 1 added cut... he also has a Mastered E. Skill which is extremely helpful + Final Attack Revive so it makes things a bit easier when you start to get into trouble

----
Vincent Lv. 86 - Outsider, Mystile, Touph Ring
1. ([M]Added Effect)=([3]Hades), ([M]All)=([M]Restore), ([M]HP Plus), ([M]HP Plus), ([M]Luck Plus), ([M]Speed Plus)
2. ([M]All)=([M]Heal), ([1]W-Magic)=([M]Flash), ([3]MP Turbo)=([M]Ultima)

Desc.: I used Vincent just for normal attacks since he can hit the opponent with every status affect (almost) and healing since he can both 'Heal' and 'Restore' he's quite helpful but I never used his limit break when it was available because then I would lose control of him. So when it became available I just used Ultima

----
Yuffie Lv. 83 - Conformer, Mystile, Ribbon
1. ([M]All)=([M]Restore), ([1]Added Effect)=([M]Destruct), ([M]All)=([M]Time), ([M]HP Plus)=([M]HP Plus)
2. ([M]Counter)=([M]4x-cut), ([M]Counter)=([M]Comet2), ([M]CounterAttack)=([1]W-Item)

Desc.: I used her for Items and restore mostly as every other command she has is a counter except for destruct.

----
Anyway I beat Emerald like this and changed Vincent's "Luck Plus" to Underwater Materia. It didn't take long at all since Cloud had so many counters. Just keep his health up with Ultima Weapon so you can do the most damage possible. The first time I tried he did some attack where he disconnects his top half and hovers over the party and this white beam/light thing attack and did 9999 to all my characters.. (?) dunno what that was... but the second time I beat him...

I beat Ruby by getting 99 Dazers (don't remember where to get those from some monster) and I went into battle with only Cloud alive. Once it was my turn I threw dazers at ruby which stuns him. Then i revived everyone and your characters will be in sync of where Vincent and Cloud can attack and when its Yuffies turn she can throw dazers + use another item (W-Item)... it took a while but its not that hard once you get into rhythm...

This is also the setup I used to finish out the game... I got all the goodies in the crater, went back out and beat the WEAPONs and went back in to finish the game...

Good Luck! :D

Ultima Shadow
04-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Hit him with your sword.
Not everyone have a "sword" like yours, MP. *stares at MP's avatar*

Shoden
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
:monster: you go to other Ruby and emerald thread! you naughty you get spanked!!! go or suffer the wrath of being turned into a cookie yum trust in the fore you will and go to that thread you will

that good enough for a cookie threat?

nirojan
04-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Use a walkthrough with a strategy guide!!!

Levian
04-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Yes, cast strategy guide on Ruby. Twice.

Shoden
04-14-2005, 07:10 PM
:monster: : theres many ways to beat these bitches i the one and only sir cookie monster am to hungover from partying to tell *vomits collapses and dies*

what i mean is theres loads of ways even with no materia

Del Murder
04-16-2005, 07:13 AM
:monster: : http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58954