PDA

View Full Version : Digital Devil Saga

Camanche
04-10-2005, 09:00 PM
.......Well? What does everyone think of this game? Am I the only one completely enthralled by it? I've never played a game with better characters, or a better story, personally. The battle system is a little frustrating at times, but overall it's an excellent game. Does anyone else have it?

If not, what the heck are you waiting for?! :)

Luc
04-10-2005, 09:03 PM
I have it, but I haven't gotten it started. I'm still trying to beat Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Camanche
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
How far are you in Nocturne?

Luc
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Umm.. a couple of hours into it, I guess.

Camanche
04-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Only a couple? Nocturne can be a really long game if you go all out with it. It's a great game too though. Playing it first will also help you understand what the skill names actually mean/do in DDS, as a lot of them are the same.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-12-2005, 04:40 AM
So many games, so little money. I'm also still running through Nocturne, and I'm still not very far because of other games and school obligations. I may get it, although I've heard some bad reviews on it. It sounds interesting though.

Camanche
04-12-2005, 05:04 AM
What were the bad reviews complaining about? I find it to be a great game. Better then Nocturne.

貴方死
04-12-2005, 07:08 AM
I played Devil Children, Black on the GBC... does that count? ;)

TidaRalique
04-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Oh. My. God.
DDS makes my body tingle. My cell phone goes on silent, my eyes and ears and mind are hooked to the screen. This game makes me giddy like little girls ready to throw their panties on stage at an n'sync concert. It gets that much attention. It's chilling and addictive, it's friggin difficult.

Right now, I'm at the final boss and getting every inch of me handed to me royally. One mistake and it's game over.

None of the reviews are really bad they just give it mediocre scores (7.5, 8, 8.5's). I agree with the 8-8.5, I'd honestly rate it the same, despite this being such an amazing that quickly made its way to the top of my favorites. Sites and Magazines usually score lower than those who bought it, but what can ya do?

Now the problem is, however, that the story goes into DDS2 and leaves questions unanswered, it clearly could've been put in. All of it. It's too short (just hitting 28 hours) and the occassional anger that comes from the battle system (enemies exploit your weaknesses as well and, well, you're as able to get owned in one turn as they are), it kinda brings it down a little bit. But nothing is better than completely owning a boss that gave it to you raw five times in a row.

DDS = Greatness

Camanche
04-12-2005, 02:31 PM
I kind of liked the fact that they split it up. Gives me time to really go through and get the hang of the game, and beat all the extra stuff and what not. And you know what, if it helps Atlus become a bigger name over here, and had them bring over more games, than I don't mind having to buy both DDS and DDS2.

I love how this game always has me wondering what will happen next and asking questions.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-13-2005, 06:51 AM
The reviews I heard mainly said it has a great storyline but its so painful to play through that that can invalidate the story. I do plan on getting it at some point, but I've got way too many games that are already sapping up my homework time.

Camanche
04-13-2005, 08:58 PM
That's strange. I really like the battle system, and I find the dungeons to be well designed and fun to explore. Oh well... to each their own.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-14-2005, 01:53 AM
I've not played it yet, I'm still looking at the details. The story looks good enough for me to even justify a crappy play system, but again, no money and I already have a lot of games.

Camanche
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't even think the play system is that bad. Well, unless you think Nocturne's is absolutely terrible, because it is a lot like Nocturne's in many aspects. (It has enough new/fresh stuff to not make you annoyed by the resemblance though.)

Yes, but even if this game had the worst battle system EVAR, I'd still play it because I think the story and characters are that good. :D

Wow, it seems like there is so little love for this game here. If you people like RPG's... well... HELLO! OVER HERE! :p