PDA

View Full Version : Dyeing

Rye
04-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Inspired by Chris' hair thread, I was wondering, how do you feel about people dyeing their hair? Do you dye your hair? What colours do you want to dye your hair?

Some dyed hair can be beautiful, but some can be gross. This girl I know, dyes her hair about once a month, and it looks pretty bad and greasy. I've never dyed my hair, aside from two streaks of brownish-blond to frame my face, but that came out bad so you can hardly notice. If I were to dye my hair, I'd dye it light brown, black or red like Tori Amos in this picture here. (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Ryechu/ap2001b.jpg)

But the colours probably wouldn't look very good in me, and my Mom wouldn't let me. She says my hair will fall out. The lying hypocrite, she first dyed her hair when she was like, 13. :P

Chris
04-10-2005, 09:11 PM
:( http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2nowgn :(

I don't dye my hair... I like my color.
Ps: I love Tori Amos.

:D

Apollo
04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
I like dyeing my hair from time to time. A couple months ago I dyed my hair purple and it turned out nice. I still have some of it on back of my head. It looks kind of funky next to my natuaral brown hair color! :p

ffrinoa8
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
i won't mind dyeing my hair but i like it the way it is! ;p

smittenkitten
04-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Ive died my hair dark brown and i love it! people said it was nice and suited me,but it's going back to my blonde Quistis look well i never get permanant but i really want to dye my hair PINK or maybe BLUE!(",)xXx...

Cybele
04-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I dyed my hair blonde one time...the dye wasn't strong enough to do much to my dark brown hair though and it just lightened it a little and added more red highlights to it. I've gotten blonde streaks done before, but then I dyed my hair black and those are gone (it didn't actually turn out black though, it turned out an almost black brown color). I'm going to try hair color orange next. I'm using temporary dyes so it doesn't do much.

Social Moon Firesky
04-10-2005, 09:30 PM
In 6th Form, I'm going to shave all my hair off and dye it bright purple, pink and blue, and have it streaked with silver. And then I'm gonna go to school like that. :D

ffrinoa8
04-10-2005, 09:33 PM
wow sounds cool! but all i was going to do with my chestnut brown hair was maybe streek it with a deep crimson colour.

Blackmageboi
04-10-2005, 09:34 PM
In 6th Form, I'm going to shave all my hair off and dye it bright purple, pink and blue, and have it streaked with silver. And then I'm gonna go to school like that. :D

the hair that you shaved off or the tiny specks on your head???

i have never dyed my hair i sprayed it a few times bt never will dye it

smittenkitten
04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
SEXY ;) xXx

nik0tine
04-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Ive dyed my hair multiple times. I think the colors I have used are blue, red, green, black(Mixed with red once, and another time with blue) and yellow mixed with purple.

fire_of_avalon
04-10-2005, 11:11 PM
I've highlighted my hair a very light blonde once, which only showed up under florescent lights cause I have dark blonde hair anyways. Last summer I put orange streaks in it, and it looked weird at first, but after a couple of days it looked very nice and very subtle. Next I might try pink or purple. I don't think I'll ever do an all over dye job because my hair is very curly, I don't think frizzy pink curls would be very pretty. xD

XxSephirothxX
04-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't have a problem with people dying their hair, although when they dye it a stark color, like bright red or pink or silver, I think it looks a bit stupid. I don't think I'll ever dye my hair, which is red/brown.

Shlup
04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I prefer natural things, but dyed hair can be cool. I'll probably dye it after it turns brown from pregnancy hormones.

My boyfriend dyed his hair black. It looks good, but I prefer his natural brown. When his hair is brown I feel like I'm seeing more of him.

rubah
04-10-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't think I'd ever dye my hair.

I just don't want to.

Fourleafclover
04-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I've kept my hair brown with white Rogue bangs for about *counts* six years now. It gets really hard to keep my bangs white when they want to naturally bleach to a sickly yellow but if I dye them a silver or lilac then they fade to white pretty quickly.

But that's just my bangs - the rest of my hair is it's natural brown. I went through a phase of dying it black and dark brown but I've let it go granola for about three years now. I just fool around with my bangs now... (which I've tried in vain to make electric green but it never works.)

boris no no
04-10-2005, 11:56 PM
my hair has bleached bits in. going to have it redone for the meetup! i wanna look goooood! :p
i used to have it blue, red, purple, black and pink. not all at once though! :p

Carnage
04-11-2005, 12:17 AM
I have dye'd my hair red, blue although the second time i tried to dye it blue it came out green.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I just dyed my hair dark blue. It's awesome.

Leeza
04-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Haha. Sure you have MP. :)

I used to streak my hair, but I haven't done anything for the last couple of years so it's back to dark blonde. I probably will streak it this summer with some light blonde and red streaks because I don't like it when it's this dark.

Kirobaito
04-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I would never dye my hair. I think it's, well...dumb. :)

Logan
04-11-2005, 01:20 AM
My hair is kind-of pink right now. I'm letting the color fade until later this month, when I'm dying it back to brown for my sisters wedding. I've seen some reaaaally bad dye jobs, like my friend Megan. She has a lot of highlights/streaks/whatever in her hair, and it's every shade of blonde and brown and black possible. It just looks horrible.

I don't know if I'm redying it after the wedding. If I do, I'll probably wait a few months. I'm getting sick of my pink. A normal color sounds good right now. :D

Mahal Kita
04-11-2005, 02:03 AM
I got red highlights almost a year ago, and I'm going to do them again for this summer. It looks something like this, except I have longer hair. (http://www.therafloat.co.uk/hair/Images/Redlights.jpg)

Sometimes it can be really bad because some people don't think about how it'll affect them or that just because it looks good on somebody it'll look good on them. It's kinda crazy. But sometimes it is good.

Gollum
04-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Ive bleached mine, dyed it blue then a few years later I bleached it again then i had to dye it black two days later because my damn school is so worried about appearances :mad2:

theundeadhero
04-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Mine has been dark purple when I was 17 and pink when I was 18.

Rainecloud
04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
My hair is jet-black, and I like it the way it is. I really don't see the need to change it in any way, shape or form. My girlfriend sometimes dyes her hair. Naturally, it's a mousey-blonde, but she tends to add ginger tints to it from time to time. It looks surprisingly good, actually.

Vyk
04-11-2005, 07:38 AM
I've lived with medium brown poofy hair for over 20 years. As mentioned in the said hair thread, I've done lots of things to my hair after I started experimenting. Though the products I use absolutely rule. After bleaching and dying my hair turns out softer and healthier than it is when it's natural. I started out with blue on the top of my head, only part I bleached at the time. One other time I bleached my whole head blond and used a red that did not turn out good. Was too bright, I wanted a deep crimson. So I added the blue back in to make purple and ended up with a rainbow somehow. But that was cool I guess. For an experience. The last time I went to try something a bit more natural. I got a dark auburn. Yet it ended up turning copper, which was really cool. I've let it go now. Shaved around the sides and back of my head. So I have this fluff on top with light copper tips. Odd, but I likes it. And my girlfriend doesn't complain. I just get bored and like to experiment. I keep my hair short so if/when I ruin it, it won't last long.

strawberryman
04-11-2005, 07:42 AM
White would be awesome .

Masamune·1600
04-11-2005, 07:49 AM
A few years ago, members of the soccer team at my school dyed their hair black. I had a friend who did this; unfortunately (for him; I found it pretty funny), his natural hair color is blonde, almost to the point of being white. Rather than turning black, his hair took on a strange, frankly hilarious gray-purple color.

Let this be a cautionary tale to you all!

Ko Ko
04-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I dyed my hair blonde for a year, I was hawt. But since I have an asian hair type, it fried it. Phhhht. I was still hawt.

Jack
04-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I dyed my hair recentlly a lovely shade of Black. Normally, my hair is Brown, but the Black is subtle as well as adding a blue tint: Plus, my hair shines now which is good. It was only temporary though and I'll do it permamnent soon enough. I'm almost tempted to add some white streaks but I think i'll save that for the summer.

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
I would never dye my hair a 'sensible' colour like blonde or brown or whatever, 'cos I'm too proud of my natural auburn hair. Feel its silky wrath! Bwah-hah-hah! Also, I like bright colours, and it would really annoy all the teachers at school if I shaved my hair and died it multiple bright colours. :D It's gonna be fun...

Resha
04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I would never dye my hair. It would be a big change, and probably pretty bad for my hair. :) But the day before I die, I shall shave my head bald and make it shiny, just to see what it looks like, and so that I'd only have to live bald for one day. xD

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 03:06 PM
What if you die suddenly? (Heaven forbid, 'cos we need you Resha!)

WildRaubtier
04-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Eh? We need Resha? I never knew that.

Resha
04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
What if you die suddenly? (Heaven forbid, 'cos we need you Resha!)

Aw, that makes me feel luffed! *Hugs Firefly...please can I call you Firefly? xD* Well, if I should pass away suddenly, I shall leave instructions to everyone to shave me bald upon my deathbed and take one strand of my hair each. I'll ask my parents to donate some hairs to EoFF, so you can have one twoo, Firefly! xD :D

EDIT: But whatever happens, before I die, I shall make sure I'll style Theeb either some cute little pigtails with pink ribbons, or shave him bald. Or both in that order. Hehehe. :mad2:

WildRaubtier
04-11-2005, 03:28 PM
EDIT: But whatever happens, before I die, I shall make sure I'll style Theeb either some cute little pigtails with pink ribbons, or shave him bald. Or both in that order. Hehehe. :mad2:
Liek, how about no?

Xander
04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
About people dyeing their hair, it's up to them. It usually looks cool, like Logan's pink hair which I love <3 But people who bleach their hair blonde and it looks white and fake I don't like so much.

I used to dye my hair a kinda reddy/auburn colour, but I kinda regret it cos it's made my hair lighter than it used to be I think (it's naturally brown). I don't really want to dye my hair anymore in the future cos I like it brown and I don't like messing too much with my hair anymore. I messed with it too much in the past, and now I think natural is best.

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Aw, that makes me feel luffed! *Hugs Firefly...please can I call you Firefly? xD*

*Huggles Resha back* Ya, sure. But we do need you. After all, you made me that really cool sig-thing that I use on my MSN whadjimicallit.

Leeza
04-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Social Moon Firesky: Please try to stay on topic in your posting.

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Sorry! :D Anyways, is it just me, or are people who dye their hair peroxide-blonde-monotone, airheads? No offence to anybody if you do have that sort of hair colouring. I'm just wondering.

Misfit
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
how do you feel about people dyeing their hair? I like dyed hair. ^__^

Do you dye your hair? Yarr, but I haven't did anything with it for a while. :(

What colours do you want to dye your hair? Right now I wanna dye it bright blonde with light brown and blue highlights. But meh, can't. Damn parents... anyways, I did however talk my mom into letting me dye my hair this bright red before. Had it dyed like twice, then I let it fade out and dyed my hair back to being it's normal color.

Nod
04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
i have some blond bits in my hair at the moment- leftover from when i bleached it blond a few months ago. I dont normally dye my hair, but i just got bored one day and thought 'why not?'
in the past ive had dark-red highlights too. It just keeps things interesting i think!
My sister has dyed her hair so many different colours in so many different combinations i reckon that it will all fall out pretty soon :D