PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what this plant is...

udsuna
04-11-2005, 02:04 AM
I found it, and it isn't like anything I'm familiar with... resembles May Apples, for those in Illinois and the area... but it's almost a tree... a light bark is on the larger plants, at least... it could be a tree, maybe a bush, but if so, I've found many offspring, but no adults. When small, they have red coloration leaflets, but the larger ones are green. It is five-prong leaflets, I'd almost call it marijuana, but it isn't shaped right. I know that plant, this isn't the same. The leaves are about right, but the rest of the plant is all wrong.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or know a decent reference source? You'd think in ALL the internet, I could find something, but I gave up in half an hour.

Quina
04-11-2005, 02:08 AM
It might be part of the rare exdeath tree. Is there a crystal of wind in your area?

Rye
04-11-2005, 02:11 AM
I found it, and it isn't like anything I'm familiar with... resembles May Apples, for those in Illinois and the area... but it's almost a tree... a light bark is on the larger plants, at least... it could be a tree, maybe a bush, but if so, I've found many offspring, but no adults. When small, they have red coloration leaflets, but the larger ones are green. It is five-prong leaflets, I'd almost call it marijuana, but it isn't shaped right. I know that plant, this isn't the same. The leaves are about right, but the rest of the plant is all wrong.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or know a decent reference source? You'd think in ALL the internet, I could find something, but I gave up in half an hour.

Maybe it's like a variation of marijauna? Like tommaco from The Simpsons?

Meat Puppet
04-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Yeah, you should probably experiment with eating it and smoking it.

Optium
04-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Boil it and remove any oil that comes to the top, then inject that into
one of your veins. That'd obviously be your best bet.

.opt

udsuna
04-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Actually, I burned some of it... it does have a cannabis-type scent. Well, some does, and others that look the same way don't have the scent at all. They just smell like burning leaves. Also, I found a parent plant... it's a tree. A real tree, wood and bark and branches and many, many leaves and all. So, I found a marijuana tree... now THAT, that is cool.

Del Murder
04-11-2005, 04:13 AM
Leaves of three, let it be. That's all I know about flora.

Masamune·1600
04-11-2005, 04:19 AM
It might be part of the rare exdeath tree. Is there a crystal of wind in your area?

Ex-Death. Quina's anti-drug.

nik0tine
04-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Maybe it's the herb Terragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

udsuna
04-11-2005, 06:34 AM
Guys, I'm serious, I don't know what this stuff is... I've been through all kinds of stuff... I'm a lot of things, botanist is NOT one of them. Nor is tap-dancer, but that's a different issue entirely. Can we stop implying that my unidentified flora is some form of paranormal plant that shall one day be (at least partially) involved in the destruction of civilization.

Leeza
04-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Take it to your local nursery and ask them what it is. If it's a local plant they should know something about it.

-N-
04-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Don't post in GC if you want to be serious. Duh. :rolleyes: :p

Nod
04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Go to your local library. There should be a book on the flora and fauna of your area.