PDA

View Full Version : Coolest FINAL boss theme

strawberryman
04-11-2005, 04:48 AM
What's your favorite final boss theme in Final Fantasy?
This only counts the ones that actually have one. ;)

For me, i'd have to say FF5's. It just sounds way too cool.

(Considering I have'nt played quite a few of the FF's, I decided not to make a poll on this.)

Masamuneˇ1600
04-11-2005, 07:20 AM
One Winged Angel (FFVII). No question.

Also, although it's not FF, and I don't rank it as high as OWA, I've always enjoyed World Revolution, the final boss theme from Chrono Trigger.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-11-2005, 08:30 AM
I shouldn't even have to say it.
Also, although it's not FF, and I don't rank it as high as OWA, I've always enjoyed World Revolution, the final boss theme from Chrono Trigger."World Revolution" is the second-to-last boss theme. The theme of the last battle is..."Last Battle."

strawberryman
04-11-2005, 08:39 AM
One winged just never really did anything for me.
It was cool, but short lived.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-11-2005, 09:42 AM
It's three minutes and seventeen seconds longer than "The Final Battle," from FFV.

Unless you meant something else by "short-lived."

Servilonus2112
04-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I cant believe people are still hanging over OWA. I got sick of that song months ago. My vote goes to FFIXs Final Battle. I like its arranges (particularly by Hellion Sounds) the best though. Close with FFIVs Zeromus, but I like IXs better now. Actually, its stupid of me to forget Dancing Mad (which has way more credibility than One Winged Angel as far as writing goes, Dancing Mad is a baroque masterpiece and One Winged Angel is ....Carl Orff.) I am re-writing Dancing Mad for guitar now (I can already play it) , so maybe thats my favorite...@_@ i dunno. the best are IX, VI, IV, V, VII. In that order.
Also, Kawaii Ryűkishi, I think they meant short lived in its appeal, as it got repetitive or boring to them quickly.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Also, although it's not FF, and I don't rank it as high as OWA, I've always enjoyed World Revolution, the final boss theme from Chrono Trigger."World Revolution" is the second-to-last boss theme. The theme of the last battle is..."Last Battle."

"World Revolution" was part of the "final sequence." There will be no shortage of individuals mentioning "Maybe I'm a Lion" and the like, I'm sure.

I cant believe people are still hanging over OWA. I got sick of that song months ago. My vote goes to FFIXs Final Battle. I like its arranges (particularly by Hellion Sounds) the best though. Close with FFIVs Zeromus, but I like IXs better now. Actually, its stupid of me to forget Dancing Mad (which has way more credibility than One Winged Angel as far as writing goes, Dancing Mad is a baroque masterpiece and One Winged Angel is ....Carl Orff.) I am re-writing Dancing Mad for guitar now (I can already play it) , so maybe thats my favorite...@_@ i dunno. the best are IX, VI, IV, V, VII. In that order.
Also, Kawaii Ryûkishi, I think they meant short lived in its appeal, as it got repetitive or boring to them quickly.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. And I think, should this thread get any considerable number of responses, OWA will be the predominant choice. As to Dancing Mad, it's a great piece; I just prefer OWA. For me, The Final Battle and Zeromus just don't stand out.

Psychotic
04-11-2005, 08:18 PM
One Winged Angel. Without a doubt.

Destai
04-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Off topic? yes, but "last battle" from Xenosaga I was brilliant.

Apollo
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Final Fantasy IIj's final battle theme sounded the best for me, and I mean the original FFIIj not the Origins or DoS remakes of it. It was high quality at the time and I think it still sounds pretty good even by todays standards, but what can I say, i'm a freak! :tongue: FFVIII's "Extreme" was pretty good too. I liked how it started out quiet and mysterious, then goes to fast and exciting. :)

Servilonus2112
04-11-2005, 10:01 PM

True. I guess I just wanted to mention World Revolution. ;)

Also, Kawaii Ryűkishi, I think they meant short lived in its appeal, as it got repetitive or boring to them quickly.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. And I think, should this thread get any considerable number of responses, OWA will be the predominant choice. As to Dancing Mad, it's a great piece; I just prefer OWA. For me, The Final Battle and Zeromus just don't stand out.

Yes, everyone will have thier opinions. I am not saying OWA is a bad song, but it does get repetitive musically (in my musically trained opinion), wheras Dancing Mad explores a gamut of keys, styles, and time signature changes. Its variation is refreshing as compared to OWAs loop. Of course, I think almost arranged version of FF songs are better, and the Dancing Mad versions are stellar. (not talking about the Black Mages version, although it is good) Zeromus as well, and Final Battle are expressed very well in thier arranged versions.
http://www.ssh.ne.jp/mp3/ff4579.zip here is a link to Live House SSHs Last battle medley. The first part SEEMS to be OWA, but it is actually Rhapsody's Ira Tenax and Warrior of Ice. The rest is FFV, IV, and IX last battle. Rock. Oh, and World Revolution is a great song. Everything is more fun when you can play it on guitar in fact.

strawberryman
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
It's three minutes and seventeen seconds longer than "The Final Battle," from FFV.

Unless you meant something else by "short-lived."
Aye. I just meant, it was cool at first, but I moved on.
The FF5 one was just way too cool.

Zifnab
04-11-2005, 10:33 PM
One Winged Angel doesn't do it for me like it used to, but during the battle itself it can really set the mood. Dancing Mad, on the other hand, I find easier to listen to, but during the battle it doesn't get me into it as much.

FFV's is probably the least memorable for me, along with its regular boss theme.

Cybele
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
I haven't read all of these posts...but I really like Ultimecia's battle theme in her last form. I don't remember what it's called, but I especially loved the beginning to it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-11-2005, 11:39 PM
It's called "The Extreme." I prefer "The Legendary Beast" and "Maybe I'm a Lion," from the Griever and Griever-Ultimecia fights, myself.

sephiroth JR
04-11-2005, 11:45 PM
ff7's one winged angel-(sephiroth)
and
ff10's other world-(sin)

CloudDragon
04-12-2005, 05:23 AM
I like Baroque, and Dancing Mad wins there.

Trumpet Thief
04-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Off topic? yes, but "last battle" from Xenosaga I was brilliant.

chaos: I really, really had the urge to say that. :love:

rubah
04-14-2005, 03:25 AM
Maybe I'm a Lion was good.

I didn't like One Winged Angel that much. I thought the piano version was betterX.x

Dancing Mad was cool:D

I think the one that feels the creepiest would be the one from teh last battle in ffx. 'Cause it's got that weird harmonization of the hymn of the fayth (I thinkX.x) Or does the music change again after that? I can't remember very well.

Raven Nox
04-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Well... I love Otherworld... but my favorite is FFIX's I think... I've always liked it n.n I liked OWA kinda at first, but not I'am kinda tried of it also... I'm glad I'm not the only one. I never really thought it was as great as alot of people were saying it was... *shrug* Guess that's just me.

Excelsior
04-14-2005, 07:40 AM
dancing mad? what the hell is that? id have to say that my favorite is FF9s. actually, i believe the final boss music had elements and sounded almost like a remix of FF4s boss battle. or one of its boss battles. (furthering my theory that FF9 and FF4 are the SAME GAME! :eek: )

Masamuneˇ1600
04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Dancing Mad is from FFVI.

Servilonus2112
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
dancing mad? what the hell is that? id have to say that my favorite is FF9s. actually, i believe the final boss music had elements and sounded almost like a remix of FF4s boss battle. or one of its boss battles. (furthering my theory that FF9 and FF4 are the SAME GAME! :eek: )

There is a remix by SSH where both the last boss themes from IV,V,and IX are used. [!]P.S. You're an idiot.[/!]*snip*

Edit by Kishi: Don't insult your fellow members. This is a warning.

SeeDRankLou
04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
That's a tough one. One Winged Angel is not my pick, simply because it was a little too dramatic and got corny. Not that it was bad at all, just overdone.

Let me see, my contendors would be The Last Battle, the last segment of Dancing Mad, The Extreme, Final Battle, Decisive Battle. Tough decision, but I would go with The Extreme. I like it's climactic build-up, and I think it goes well with the final boss. That's my vote.

Shoden
04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
i tell ya whatd be a good boss theme!

the way to Amarillo!!!!! lol

One Winged angel is the best theme

Laguna
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd put my vote in with FF8- the Extreme. It suits the mood perfectly, plus it's less melodramatic than one winged angel.

Del Murder
04-16-2005, 06:23 AM
One Winged Angel is pretty damn good. Dancing Mad was a cool song, but didn't pump me up like OWA.

Rase
04-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Dancing Mad, Zeromus, and One Winged Angel, in that order.

Daryl
04-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm rather partial to Dancing Mad, but I'm having trouble clearly recalling other final boss themes. Hrm.

Razo
04-16-2005, 10:43 PM
One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII

Shoden
04-17-2005, 01:37 AM
i thought of something

Sephiroth is also titled the one ARMED angel
Safer sephy has a wing for his right arm and loads of wings for his legs therefore the song title is wrong lol

Servilonus2112
04-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Ive never heard the term One Armed Angel...and plus, One Winged Angel sounds cool and evil. One Armed sounds lame, like "OMG I JUST GOT ROBBED BY THE ONE ARMED ANGEL (bandit)" lol. Actually, Kefka's final form has three wings, and the background is very similar, so I think Kefka stole one of Sephiroth's wings lol.

Destai
04-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Ive never heard the term One Armed Angel...and plus, One Winged Angel sounds cool and evil. One Armed sounds lame, like "OMG I JUST GOT ROBBED BY THE ONE ARMED ANGEL (bandit)" lol. Actually, Kefka's final form has three wings, and the background is very similar, so I think Kefka stole one of Sephiroth's wings lol.Thats more reason for them to change it :p

ehsteve
04-17-2005, 11:38 PM
One Winged Angel is my favorite, but I've only played the first 7 Final Fantasy games.

ThroneofDravaris
04-19-2005, 04:41 PM
"The Dark Messanger"- Trance Kuja Theme.

Ok, technically it's not the final boss music, but I didn't really care for "Final Battle", and IMO Necron shouldn't have been there in the first place.

The moaning was cool though......

Croyles
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Maybe I'm a Lion was good.

I didn't like One Winged Angel that much. I thought the piano version was betterX.x

Dancing Mad was cool:D

I think the one that feels the creepiest would be the one from teh last battle in ffx. 'Cause it's got that weird harmonization of the hymn of the fayth (I thinkX.x) Or does the music change again after that? I can't remember very well.

Do you mean "The Final Battle"?

Sphere
04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Otherworld - FFX

Buccura
04-29-2005, 05:35 AM
Two words, Dancing Mad.

Cruise Control
05-04-2005, 11:37 AM
The one from FFX

Sepho
05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm torn between Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel.

I think One Winged Angel may be a bit more epic final boss theme (maybe), but I'd rather listen to Dancing Mad for the hell of it than I would OWA.

Wiegrahf42
05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Xenogear's "Those who bear fangs at god", The FFtactics one (don't know name) and OWA are all pretty cool but I go with dancing mad. Actually I like the parts before Kefka appears better. With the SNES's limited sound system, Dancing Mad managing to convey a Pipe organ and a full Choir, beautiful.

Charlotte
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
I have to agree on One Winged Angel. I loved that music.

Takara
05-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Dancing Mad. 'Nuff said. I'm a freak and I like to listen to it on repeat.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-12-2005, 03:41 AM
One Winged Angel is good, but I think I'm also going to have to go with Dancing Mad, it's a great song and I'd love to hear it performed orchestrally with a real pipe organ and choir. That'd be so incredibly cool.

Zechs
05-17-2005, 04:50 AM
Mine is either Dancing Mad, One Winged Angel or Other World.

Dark Songstress
05-31-2005, 02:56 AM
Decisive Battle from Final Fantasy X. I especially love the piano version of that song :love:

Markus. D
06-10-2005, 09:16 AM
decisive battle from ffx and the one where your fighting the stomach, head and tasks of vegnagun on x-2.

ArmoredChimp
06-18-2005, 04:35 AM
VIII may not have been the best game, but The Extreme was the best final boss music in my opinion.

crashNUMBERS
06-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Hands down one winged angel...

Lady Selphie
06-19-2005, 08:05 AM
I loved FF8`s boss(Extreme)

KoShiatar
06-19-2005, 08:47 PM
One Winged Angel is good, but I think I'm also going to have to go with Dancing Mad, it's a great song and I'd love to hear it performed orchestrally with a real pipe organ and choir. That'd be so incredibly cool.

I quote a million times. Final Fantasy VI soundtrack is surely one of the best, and orchestral arrangements would make me scream in delight.

mcsspitfire
06-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm torn between Dancing Mad, One Winged Angel, and the Extreme. Hehe. ^_^

Hikaro Takayama
06-25-2005, 01:21 AM
I vote for One Winged angel, but that mostly has to do with my musical tastes (I mix techno music with Orchestral and ethnic melodies, and in some cases ethnic percussion as well).

Runners up (although they aren't FINAL final boss themes, they're close enough as far as I'm concerned) are Maybe I am a Lion, Dark Messenger, and the theme from the Last Seymore battle.

Eternal Dark Night
07-07-2005, 02:17 AM
hay well i'll say is the boss music on FF8 and um u know FF9 well ever time the menu shows in the bigging load or new game that song is tight also the game.

Prancing Mad
07-16-2005, 01:03 AM
OK for those who LOVE FF10s, it is simply called "Decisive Battle" as far as I know. There's no debating that 10s is THE most complicated. Man I freak out when I hear that song! But I am a firm lover of FF6 and 7s (Orff or not lol). 8s sounded a little cheesy but GOSH that beginning is soooo touching with the piano and harp type thing going out. Necrons in 9 was pretty awful, but "Dark Messenger" was amazing (which is odd cause they're kinda the same style).

As for non-last boss (since I'm on a roll lol) THE number one for me goes to "Fierce Battle" from FF6. Then the Jenova themes, then "Legendary Beast" (FF8) after that, just about any old Boss music is amazing. Ummm would I be hated by adding in that Chrono Cross has the best overall soundtrack followed by Legend of Mana? The Gloaming there's a sweet little last boss ditty. Sorry if I went off on an uncalled for tangent, but that's what I do!

ff-fanatix
07-20-2005, 03:36 PM
For me it was ff6's Dancing Mad.....that is definately my number one without a doubt.....how can you compare to that amazing track???

Secondly would have to be ff8's "The Extreme" the final battle with ultimecias true form..... now thta was beautiful.....

you remember that oh so faillier battle theme from ff1,2,6,9 etc......well that was incoporated chaning tfrom fats to smooth....to oh such a beautilful track....

And then there is the Black Mages version of Dancing Mad :eek: hooo yes!

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
One-Winged Angel.

MoonZapdos
07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Sephiroth. Definitely.

Rengori
07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Kefka, aka Dancing Mad 4.2

Mo-Nercy
07-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Dancing Mad or the Dark Messenger.

kikimm
07-21-2005, 07:55 AM
One-Winged Angel or Dark Messenger. I'm leaning towards the former, but eh.

:D

XxSephirothxX
07-21-2005, 07:57 PM
One Winged Angel, definitely. :)

LunaticPandora37
07-21-2005, 09:44 PM
most definatly...dark messenger...final fight with kuja...cool song...or..that song when you fight seymour 4...or final ultimeca

Thorn
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
The FF8 theme, called "Ultemcia Battle" I believe.

Though I tell you what, the One winged Angel is great, I've just heard it too many times that listening to it has become tedious. But I loved it when it went " Seph-I-roth!"

Good stuff.

Guitar Woman
08-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Lavos :cool:
Just hearing that music made me go "Oh, fuck. IT'S LAVOS!"

lordmakalpine
08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
one winged angel

Medi
08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I like "The Extreme" of FFVIII. Also "Final Battle" of FFIX.

Shoden
09-09-2005, 09:50 PM
I like Dancing mad but still One winged Angel is good and the Extreme.

Can't decide.

crashNUMBERS
09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Why does this topic Idea keep coming up?? Nevermind that. I love One Winged Angel. But what exactly is "Dark Messanger"??

chocobo hunter
09-16-2005, 04:42 AM
One Winged Angel is my faveorite one

abrojtm
09-16-2005, 05:10 AM
I'd probably put it in this order:

FFVI: Dancing Mad
FFIII: The Dark Cloud
FFII: The Emperor
FFVII: One Winged Angel
FFIV: Zeromus

None of the others stand out particularly well to me except Dark Messenger which isn't a final battle.

Craig
09-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Why does this topic Idea keep coming up?? Nevermind that. I love One Winged Angel. But what exactly is "Dark Messanger"??

Dark Messenger is the name of the song that plays when you fight Trance Kuja at the end of FF IX.

It's not the last battle, but it, and the Final Battle music both equally rock.

Skarr
09-16-2005, 08:01 PM
ff7s one winged angel
and
ff6s final theme for kefka...simply awesome

Vaprice
09-26-2005, 12:35 AM
the zanarkand one....................

Reine
09-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Summoned Beast Battle and the Decisive Battle from 10

One Winged Angel from 7

Final Boss Theme from 2

Bowser
10-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Definitely Zeromus. :monster:

DMKA
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
That music when you're fighting Dues at the end of Xenogears is love.

Bahamut, King of Dragons
10-25-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm partial to The Extreme from VIII. I like the way it builds on itself at the beginning. I pretty much had a heart attack when I heard Dark Messenger. I absolutely loved One Winged Angel the first time I heard it, but I have to say it's lost some of its appeal over time.

Angelic Rikku
10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
I still think One Winged Angel is the best!!! I also love Otherworld when you fight Jecht in X and The Extreme from VIII is good too, but One Winged Angel still kicks ass!!!

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 09:22 PM
FF2! I love that game's music. Not 4, 2... I also love Force Your Way from 8 and Touched by Courage and Pride from FFA, but that's a tad off-suject.