PDA

View Full Version : Pet Names

Shlup
04-11-2005, 06:37 AM
I got new rats today! They're both boys. What shall I name them?

What are your pets names and why?

My cat's name is Peaches like them girls at the strip joints that'll have sex with anyone to get back at their daddy. But then the vet told me Peaches is a boy, so now he's gay.

My goldfish's name is Barry, after my boyfriend's brother. I had an Allen and a BJ for less than a day before Barry murdered them. He's an evil fish. There's also Hey Sucka! the plecostimous, but he's Barry's fish.

My cockroaches died, by the way. For those who had not heard of my loss. ;_;

The Captain
04-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Inga The Wonder Dog, who spends her days sleeping, eating, and living the good life.

We got her from friends so the name was chosen by them. Apparently they thought she looked like an "Inga", and it does seem to fit her.

Take care all.

Leeza
04-11-2005, 06:41 AM
I have a cat named Orange and another cat named Other because he's the other orange cat. I used to have a cat named Trixie because she was full of tricks and a cat named Kisa because kisa means kitten in Russian and she got used to Kisa before I could think of another name for her.

fire_of_avalon
04-11-2005, 07:08 AM
My dogs names are Gypsy and Wolfwood.

Name them Rodger and Bruno. Because I like those names.

Rainecloud
04-11-2005, 07:30 AM
My MSN account will be at risk if I give you the names of my pets.

Sorry.

Relena Peacecraft
04-11-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't personally have any pets at the moment. In lieu of such a description, however, I'll highlight some of the more interesting pet names of pets I've had or someone in my immediate family has had.

The first such animal would be a cat I had when I was but a wee lad. Being a strange kid, I chose to name the cat after a street, and thus he was named Belt, which was the street where my Aunt lived. In retrospect, that's a pretty lousy name for a pet, but I think I outdid myself for the next one. The next animal was also a cat, and not to put too fine a point on it, but I liked street names for some unfathomable reason. And thus, I named this new cat Hamilton. My parents decided that was a little too obnoxious, and thus he was finally named Hamilton Snowflake.

Another cat with an interesting name was Jasmine. The name came from Aladdin, but perhaps more interesting is the fact that the cat was a boy. The lady who gave us the cat told us it was a girl, and my sisters named it as such. It wasn't until a few weeks later we realized the cat was, in fact, male. The name wasn't going anywhere.

Aside from this semi-comical nostalgia, there was a more touching story for one of the names of our many cats. One of our cats, Twinkle, was pregnant because my mom was really bad about getting the cats fixed. In any case, she was pregnant, and had a litter of several kittens. Our dog, unfortunately, attacked some of the kittens, and ultimately, only one survived. He was named Lucky, for reasons that should be immediately obvious if you've actually read this post.

That's a small sampling of pet names, but there are really so more I could go on about. I'll spare everyone the insanity. In reply, it's unfortunate about your cockroaches, not that I can imagine possibly keeping some as pets.

-N-
04-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Holy crap, it's Aex. O_O

I'd name them "Hoodley" and "Doodley". That way, you can call to them by running around sounding like an idiot, going "HOODLEY DOODLEY!!!" :p

Trust me, just try saying it out loud in front of your computer and tell me it doesn't sound funny. Do it! I know I would. :D

Necronopticous
04-11-2005, 08:37 AM
I've had cats my whole life <3

My latest cats have been named:

Bengalaas
Bubbles
Stinky
and Namakeru

Jack
04-11-2005, 08:55 AM
I have 5 cats, all with food related names.

Beans
Toast
Crackers
Pud
Marmite

WildRaubtier
04-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I naem'd my bird Jack. He is full of poops.

Loony BoB
04-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I thought this was going to be all about what Shlup calls BJ. You know, stuff like snooky wooky or something sickening like that.

My cat's name is Bob. Well, it's T-Bob. Okay, so it's something like T-"Bob Baloobopbabombamboo Towns". I never knew how to spell the middle name though, it's just said that way. Nobody ever really uses the middle name, though, just Bob or T-Bob.

Ko Ko
04-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Hm. I have had lots of animals.

Cats: Mika, Tad, Mika II, Ari, Lulu, Cookie, Chessie, Min-A, Sun-A, Mika III, Rosa, Ashleigh and Broken Popsicle. Rosa was a man cat.
Dogs: Kashi, Casey and Jyo Xie.
Hamster: Pete Ass. Yep. Pete Ass. Mika II bit his ear off and he died.
Around 100 nameless chickens when I was twelve. They were actually Vince's but he was so crap at taking care of them I did it for him. But I had three favorite ones I called Dell, Windows, and Apple. I really liked Apple until Vince ate her. Then; I was sad.

Resha
04-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I used to have a hamster called Hammy, short for Hamburger. Now my only pet is my shmexy brother, and he's more of a slave, really. xD

Levian
04-11-2005, 01:52 PM
The previous owner of our dog called it "Adoring Akila of Ronja's Lions".
We just call it assface.

Xander
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Our pets names now are a little boring but my brother used to have hamsters called Lister and Mr. Tibbs, and I had rats in the past called Merlin Serendipity, Casper, Flash and Cloud.

Rusty
04-11-2005, 04:12 PM
My dogs name is Prince. I didnt name him, but I can tell why he was named that.

Strider
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Two dogs, Samantha and Ozzy.

crazybayman
04-11-2005, 04:27 PM
How about "Hey You", and "$hit-legs"

smittenkitten
04-11-2005, 04:36 PM
My cat's called Sooty and she's so cute!!!!! :cat:and im going to get some gullie fish and give them ff names!hehe :skull3: (anyone got suggestions?)xXx

crazybayman
04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Sephiroth and Sin.

Or Ultimecia if its female.

m4tt
04-11-2005, 05:04 PM
My dog's name is Sadie. I don't know why... my parents chose the name.

StarlightAngel
04-11-2005, 05:10 PM
We have one cat with several names:

Shadow
Stupid Kitty (My dad made this one up and it stuck)
Dumb*** cat (My dad made this one up)
Baka neko
Kawai baka neko

:D

Caspian
04-11-2005, 05:12 PM
My dog's name is Roman.

Nod
04-11-2005, 05:44 PM
My parents dog is called Topaz, cos when she was born she had topaz like streaks in her fur, or something like that.:confused:

Anyways, i think -N-'s suggestions for names rock. :lol:

Fourleafclover
04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
My cat is all black with a bit of white splashed on his chest so we called him Venom, off of the Spiderman villian.

Our beloved hamster, who died two years ago now, was called Cujo because he was so cute and cuddly.

Hmmm - I detect a trend...

boris no no
04-11-2005, 06:10 PM
got some goldfish called M, ernie, bert and fish.
used to have a hamster called Tilly that gave birth to
Tommy
Charlie
Snowball
fluff
kinnypoo

and some others :P

call the rats poo and wee! :p

DMKA
04-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Cats: Peaches, Bandit, and Sphynx.
Dogs: Timba and Snicker

I dunno, I didn't name any of them.

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
ooh rats are so nice, ive got 2 called Coco and Dream they are 2 years old :choc:

Skogs
04-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Call them Aristotle and Voltaire.

I have a golden retriever, Chief.

Apollo
04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Well I have four cats. They're names are Jasmine, Macey, Rocco, and Baby. When we first got Jasmine we thought she was a guy cat and at that time we had a cat name Horace and if you've ever seen 101 dalmations then you would know that their where to people in that movie named Jasper and Horace. So after we found out she was a girl then we changed it to Jasmine since the two names are similar. I don't know why we gave Macey and Rocco those names they just popped into my head when we got them. We gave Baby his name because even though he is huge, he usually acts like a big baby so hence the name Baby! :)

Dr.K
04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Two cats called Thelma & Louise, after the film characters. No cars driving off cliffs in my house though.

Mercen-X
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I had a dog named Bear (I was tiny so I don't know why)
I had a couple of cats named Missy and Oliver (both girls)
I had an Iguana named Ziggy because he zigged all over the place.
I also had a couple of alligator lizards and blue bellies. I forget the names of the blue bellies but we gave simple names to the alligators: Ally and Gator. (see? simple!)

Kirobaito
04-12-2005, 02:18 AM
My dog's name is Peanut. I don't know why, because she's not peanut-colored and never was. My sister's dog is named Snapper, which is also weird because he doesn't snap.