PDA

View Full Version : Pet Wants

Shlup
04-11-2005, 06:43 AM
What pets would you like to have? Why don't you have them?

I just got rats today because I got a new apartment. When I lived with my mother I wasn't home enough to care for pets, then I moved on campus and we weren't allowed to have pets, and now I have pets. Huzzah!

Next I want to get an African Giant Millipede, but those can be hard to find. I think the PetCo near my mom's house carries them, but PetCo is evil so I'm conflicted.

Someday I'd love to have a goat. I miss my old goat, so I want a new one. I've also always wanted a pig. Maybe a sheep. Something tells me I'm going to end up living in Norco. Will you visit me, Ashley? ;_;

I really want to get a corn snake. I couldn't have one at my mom's house because she has a phobia of snakes, and I can't have one now because my boyfriend says he'll kill it with a shovel. Maybe in a few years I'll wear him down and be able to get one... I love corn snakes! They cuddle!

I also want another turtle, since mine ran away. I'd have to be sure to get a decent tank for it though, since they live a long time and grow pretty big. Turtles are neat-o torpeedo.

I also want a monkey, but that probably isn't a realistic goal. My dad had a monkey when he was a kid, but he lived in Spain at the time so it was pretty easy to get. It used to poo in my Uncle's cereal though, and Nana would have to hit it with a broom to get it out from behind the refrigerator. It looked cute though.

fire_of_avalon
04-11-2005, 07:04 AM
I only want the kinds of pets that find my house and need to be fed. We have two dogs right now, and I'm perfectly fine with having just the two of them, though we do sometimes feed and look after sick/wild stuff while they heal up. We don't touch them though, and don't teach them to eat out of dishes or they'll become semi-tame and be confused and it's bad.

If you go to PetCo, I'll have to do bad things to you. Don't go to PetCo.

Why would he kill it with a shovel? Just don't let your boyfriend have any shovels, and your problem will be solved! :greenie:

Rase
04-11-2005, 07:07 AM
ANY animal? If so, I would choose a Gray Wolf, tamed of course. Something about wolves has always appealed to me about them, since I first saw them. Also, I wouldn't mind a Husky. Very nice dogs if tamed, and loyal too. :love:

Oh yeah, I don't have them because, well, I don't think they aloud as pets. FOr the wolves, at least. For Huskies, I already have a dog, which, conviently, hates all other dogs. Plus, my parents don't like big dogs. Maybe in 10 years. :(

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2005, 07:07 AM
You got rats!? Yay! I want pictures and I wanna see them soon! And yes, if you live in Norco I will come and ride your goat.

I definitly want to get rats, I havent yet because I dont have room. Now that it's getting warmer, when I get the money I may get some and have them on the porch. The problem is my cats, and it'd be hard to let the rats out to get exercise.

I'd love having a boa constrictor, but I cant bring myself to feed it mice. I'd cry. They're so sweet, though.

Having a monkey would be awesome! I'd name him Mojo.

I'd love to have a dog, especially a German Shepard. But I dont have a yard at present, so someday I hope to get a dog when I get a house.

Rainecloud
04-11-2005, 07:30 AM
I'd love to own a horse.

Unfortunately, my current financial situation prevents me from doing so.

-N-
04-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Cats. :love:

Shlup
04-11-2005, 08:35 AM
If you go to PetCo, I'll have to do bad things to you. Don't go to PetCo.
I know, but Petsmart doesn't cary arthropods. *whines*

Why would he kill it with a shovel? Just don't let your boyfriend have any shovels, and your problem will be solved! :greenie:
He wouldn't really kill it with a shovel; it's an empty threat. He doesn't much care for reptiles though. He's weird... You'd swear he hates animals until you get him near them, then he's nice to them. Like when I got my fish he was like "argh" but then when my fish got bigger he made sure I got him a big tank and bought him a decorative log for a present. When he first saw I got rats while he was gone he rolled his eyes, but now he's trying to name them "Cow and Chicken." xD

You got rats!? Yay! I want pictures and I wanna see them soon! And yes, if you live in Norco I will come and ride your goat.
You'll have to come back over and see them. I think they're bigger than the ones we used to take care of. :D

I definitly want to get rats, I havent yet because I dont have room. Now that it's getting warmer, when I get the money I may get some and have them on the porch. The problem is my cats, and it'd be hard to let the rats out to get exercise.
I spent $100 on them today, and I didn't even get them all the stuff I wanted. And you owe me money still! No rats for you, hobo!

I'd love having a boa constrictor, but I cant bring myself to feed it mice. I'd cry. They're so sweet, though.
You could just microwave dead pinkies. I used to do it all the time. ^_^

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2005, 08:43 AM
I know I owe you teh moneys, shut it up!

I have to handle enough dead mice as is, with these stupid cats killing so many. I dont wanna handle any more :skull2: I do miss dealing with the boa in high school though. She was so lovong.

Old Manus
04-11-2005, 09:00 AM
http://www.folkmanis.com/imagefilesA/dinoegg.JPG

Shlup
04-11-2005, 09:16 AM
I used to have that puppet! That exact one. xD I think I got it at the LA tar pits when I was a kid.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2005, 09:23 AM
pink dancing elephant

Nod
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM
A big cat. Cats RULE. Or if not a big cat just a medium sized one or something :D

Why not go to Petco? just think of it this way- you'll be liberating an animal from an evil corperation.

Skogs
04-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I miss my dog when I'm at university...

And you wouldn't want a monkey... they're cute when they're babies, but they go schizo when they hit puberty.

Rye
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
A guinea pig. I'd buy it myself and take care of it myself, but my parents suck. I also want a 3rd Hermit Crab to be friends with my two hermit crabs. They can be the Three Hermie-teers.

Ko Ko
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
I want a nice man pet to call my own.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I read the title as "Wet Pants".

Xander
04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
A lion cub.

Rusty
04-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I want a Doberman. I havent got one yet because we cant have more than one dog where we are living. But I hope to get one in a year or so.

Chris
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
I'd love to have a giant fish tank filled with Jelly-Fishes.
I especially those who radiates lights in dark, how beautiful.

http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/biochem/faculty/truant/Jellyfish.jpg

I love Jelly-Fish. :love:

Psychotic
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Walrus.

Blackmageboi
04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
i want a pig but i cant cuz of the smell the poor pig would hate it

Shlup
04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Why not go to Petco? just think of it this way- you'll be liberating an animal from an evil corperation.
If I stole the animal, sure, but giving them my money would keep them open a moment longer, and we can't have that.

:laughing:

Perducci
04-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Hmm....
I'd want to have a pig, parrot, turtle, bear, chimp, penguin, or a giraffe.

Giraffes are cool.
I'll most probably never have any of those pets...

I've got a cat. I called it Tiddles. ^^

Destai
04-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I want a panda.

Dr.K
04-11-2005, 11:05 PM
I'd like a dog like an alsatian. That'd be coowell.
If I couldn't have that, I'd have to settle for a chimera.

Levian
04-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd like to have an animal that doesn't make noises, doesn't poop or throw up, doesn't nag at me all the time, and behaves quite nice. The only animal I've encountered that fits these requirements is roadkill. I'm kinda hoping there's another option out there.

HybridFan
04-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I really want a monkey but that is so out of the question, my landlord hates pets.

Shlup
04-11-2005, 11:10 PM
I was thinking more realistic wants, but if we're gonna go down the road of fantasy pets, then I want a whole freaking zoo. ^_^ And a baby! *squee*

HybridFan
04-11-2005, 11:15 PM
a Zoo sounds like a good idea but think of all the animal poo poo, what a stink!

Shlup
04-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm not worried about poo. I'm used to cleaning poo, changing diapers, getting puked on, and smelling pee. I used to work in a day care. ;_;

YukiKiro
04-11-2005, 11:38 PM
i want a chocobo... 'nuff said

i want a pig but i cant cuz of the smell the poor pig would hate it
did you know a pig's orgasm lasts for half an hour? gross, but true. i just found that out today myself (it was in the oddest of places... my girlfriends school planner :P)

kikimm
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Pigs are blegh. My mom's best friend has one, and he's sweet and everything, but...I dunno. I guess I'm not a pig person.

I really, really want a snake though. But I just don't know if I could feed it mice. Maybe. Snake's are just too awesome.

:D

DMKA
04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
A Tiger and a Panther. :<3:

Logan
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Anything but a goat. We borrowed a goat for a while and it never shut up and I hated it. Maybe a snake. I want a tiny little snake to love forever. :D

rubah
04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
I want a kitten.

I don't have one because my dad has been saying that we don't need anymore animals.

But! my sister's cat is having kittens, and it's more than likely we will get one.

Mahal Kita
04-12-2005, 02:30 AM
I've never thought about getting dogs or cats, but I've always thought about getting a finch or a parakeet or a cockatiel or a dove or a canary.

Or getting some guinea pigs. Or rabbits.

Or even some stinkin' fish.

I don't have pets because
1) My parents won't let me (weak immune systems and bad indoor pet allergies, don't like messes that are pet's fault, and they think I'm either too irresponsible or have "no time" for it or that I'm...*gasp* too young ;\.)
2) I, or my parents, can't afford it or provide for it (food, bedding, cage, space, etc.)

If only I could work parttime and build some kind of outside hutch/aviary in the backyard things would be different maybe. Just maybe.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-12-2005, 06:41 AM
I thought it was "Pet Warts."