PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat.

nik0tine
04-11-2005, 09:00 AM
I was just getting ready to get in the shower, and I looked in the mirror and noticed that I could see my hear beating in my chest. Can you see your heart beating?

Old Manus
04-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Only if I'm really, really, scared/nervous. Which doesn't happen.

strawberryman
04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
I can pretty much any time. hope it does'nt mean anything too bad.

fire_of_avalon
04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
I had this conversation with BoB a couple weeks ago!

I can't see my heart beat in my chest. There are things in the way.

Shlup
04-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I can sometimes. I can certainly feel it sometimes. Once in awhile it skips a beat and I have to smack myself on the chest a few times. It mocks me, the beast!

Calliope
04-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Why did you have to look in the mirror to hear?

theundeadhero
04-11-2005, 09:32 AM
I can see it better in my stomach as I watch it pulse with each beat.

nik0tine
04-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Why did you have to look in the mirror to hear?

I look in the mirror to see.

Lenna
04-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Calliope misunderstood nik0tine. Look at your first post

I was just getting ready to get in the shower, and I looked in the mirror and noticed that I could see my hear beating in my chest. Can you see your heart beating? You forgot the T in heart, so they thought you said hear rather than heart lol.

Ko Ko
04-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I can't see my heart beat... there are things in the way. But I can see the coke flowing down my neck when I'm drinking. I'm just very pale.

Nod
04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
i can see my heart beat in my belly when i lie down. :D

boris no no
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM
my damn breasts get in the way.
oh and thae annoying fat gets in the way too.
i'd be freaked out if i could though :eek:

Resha
04-11-2005, 09:57 AM
That is scary. No, I can't! xD BUT....I could feel my hamsters brains. :( They were nice and squiggly.

withered
04-11-2005, 12:42 PM
I can pretty much any time. hope it doesn’t mean anything too bad.Yes it does. Just like if your hand is the same size as your face it means you have cancer.

I can see it better in my stomach as I watch it pulse with each beat.Nope, unless you have an inferior aorta with very high blood pressure or you heart just has a very high cardiac output/stroke volume you wont see it beating in your stomach. That is the peristalsis of your gut as it moves your food along your gut.

If you are thin, which usually means you are kind of fit, you should be able to see your heart beating. Other than skin and the sternum, there isn't much in the way.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah, all the time. I see my chest earthquaking. I fixed this by taking a spear and stabbing where it moves. Aaahhh, bliss.

**ShadowZone**
04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I don’t understand how you can see your heart beating. (?) Aren’t there things in front of it to protect it from any damage like your lungs and ribs and skin?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Loony BoB
04-11-2005, 01:02 PM
All the time. Sometimes when my heart is really pumping, you can see it through my clothes/bedspreads, too. I've once had it so bad when I was lying face-down that my bed was moving slightly, too. That was kind of amusing and freaky at the same time. But yeah, my heart does beat kind of hard.

withered
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I don’t understand how you can see your heart beating. (?) Aren’t there things in front of it to protect it from any damage like your lungs and ribs and skin?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Other than skin and the sternum, there isn't much in the way.To elaborate, your heart is behind the sternum in a cavity called the mediastinum. The sternum is your breastbone in layman’s terms and that is your protection from your heart. Oh and your pericardium but that doesn't do much if you get a spear through the chest.
The heart is not behind your lungs, it is beside them. That is why your left lung is slightly smaller; because the heart is slightly more too the left, though as a whole it is quite near the centre of your body.

theundeadhero
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
you wont see it beating in your stomach. That is the peristalsis of your gut as it moves your food along your gut.
My stomach pulses with every beat of my heart. ALL the time. I can't be moving food along that often. I could not eat all day and it still does it :confused:

withered
04-11-2005, 02:09 PM
OK, whatever you say. But peristalsis is a passive process that is always happening.