PDA

View Full Version : Treasured memories...

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Those almost insignificant little moments that perk you up and only you understand how special they are. For example, my parents are throwing out our old sofa which we've had for years. For some unknown reason, it's sitting in our back yard, so I went out just now and pushed it into the middle of the garden and lay on it, bathing in the warm evening sunshine. It may not mean much to anybody else, but I enjoyed my 5 minutes of peace, and for once I actually felt at ease with everything going on in the world. Has anybody else ever had a strange moment like that, that you'll always remember and reflect back upon later?

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 07:46 PM
i have lots of memories of my old house, it was brilliant it had an outdoor toilet(it seemed amazing at the time) i just have so many memories there, no one else in my family misses it that much but i loved it and long for it while i dream :choc:

Nod
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Since junctioning loads of GF's my memory isn't what it used to be. :p

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM
:laughing: Yeah, I know what you mean. Bahamut is a massive drain, especially when combined with Knights of the Round and Griever. But anyways, I loved my old house too. I have so many memories of everything about it!

Shlup
04-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Everytime I have a dream about my house, it's the house I grew up in. I've never once had a dream where I was in the house my parents live at now. My boyfriend's the same way about his old house.

I'm not very good at dealing with change. When my grandparents moved I was very upset. Once I drove by my old house (I lived with my grandparents when I was a kid) and saw what the new owners had done to it and started bawling. They cut down my aprocot tree! I loved that tree. :/

Little Miss Awesome
04-11-2005, 10:38 PM
One day I will always remember, it was a Wedensday, I was with my best friend, it was sunny and lovely, the boy I like was sitting by himself and me and my friend were sitting talking to him later, and I just sat and listened, I can just remember him talking about some exams he was worried about, he was so nice to me that day! Later at dinner time as we were walking past the skip at my school we waited for the boy I like to catch up with us, he saw a crash mat near the skip and collapsed on it. Then we all sat together on the hill all dinnertime talking. The crash mat was taken away and he started "crying" he was so.. sociable and different that day. After that my best friend and I and our friend went to her house and just had a lovely evening. It doesn't sound like a lot but I will always remember that day, It was a perfect day :)

rubah
04-12-2005, 12:25 AM
I can't ever seem to remember stuff like thisX.x;

From time to time I'll remember something and be like 'oh man, that was good' but like now I can't think what it was.

Which is why i like the internet. Logging!

Cybele
04-12-2005, 12:31 AM
One thing I'll always remember was when I was 4 and saw my doberman outside catching snow flakes by a frozen pond. She used to do that a lot, but now she's no longer alive so that memory means even more to me.

Cuchulainn
04-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Childhood holidays in Bundoran in County Donegal. The best memories I have of my dad are all there. Golden, Priceless little snippets of history that I can recall when I think of him.

Samuraid
04-12-2005, 01:37 AM
I was down in Strongbad's basement spitting teddy grahams when one stuck to the ceiling...

...oh...I thought this was "teddy graham memories." :D

There have been too many memories to count...

- Moving to a new house
- Getting accepted at CA Polytechnic University
- HS Graduation
- Numerous enjoyable times with family
- Joining the EoFF staff :cool:

The list would probably span a few pages... :)

Social Moon Firesky
04-12-2005, 08:33 AM
No, no. All random memories count. It's just about little memories that only you understand.

Ko Ko
04-12-2005, 09:57 AM
I remember when I got attacked by Vince's ex-chicken. I threw it into a creek and it died. :skull2: That's why I'm a vegetarian now.
Not really a treasured memory; but oh well.

I also remember when I was in a toilets in a boys' school in the UK. I went in front of the mirror to look at me and pulled up my garters, only to realise seconds later that there are no female bathrooms in a boys' school.

Loony BoB
04-12-2005, 11:11 AM
When I was a kid, probably around eight years old, I was in the kitchen with Mum and she told me to put a sachet of something into a bowl/jug/whatever. Mum was doing some other stuff in front of the drawer with the scissors in it so I was like "Mum..." and she's like "Just put it in the bowl." Again, "But Mum... Mum..." She looked at me and said "Daniel, just put it in the bowl, okay?" So, shrugging to myself, I went over and put the whole sachet into the bowl and left. A few minutes later, I heard Mum laughing. She'd obviously realised what had happened. If my Mum is ever crying, I would tell her that story and she would laugh again. =]

I have a lot of treasured memories, though. Some of them are things that were said to me, some of them were merely moments, some are things that happened on a regular basis and were tradition amongst me and a friend (or friends)... there are loads. I'm a very sentimental person.

Social Moon Firesky
04-12-2005, 04:42 PM
I remember when I got attacked by Vince's ex-chicken. I threw it into a creek and it died. :skull2: That's why I'm a vegetarian now.
Not really a treasured memory; but oh well.

Meanie! :D Mind you, chickens are evil. I have plenty of memories in which I'm attacked by birds. In Spain last week, a really evil swan bit my leg. Not that sore, but I screamed all the same...:laughing: