PDA

View Full Version : golf is a fascist sport

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
does anyone agree with me, the sport is anti-women, anti-goth and anti-me the sport is worse than Hitler and i think it should be banned :choc:

gokufusionss1
04-11-2005, 08:11 PM
gentlemen only ladies forbiden

Psychotic
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
"Heil Tiger Woods" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Heil Hitler".

Destai
04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Sports in general are anti goth. A hell of a lot of things are anti goth. Anti woman? No. My aunt plays golf and plays it well and no one has openly found anything strange about her playing it. Theres womans categories in most sports. Its just usually less popular than mens.

MecaKane
04-11-2005, 08:21 PM
You can't play golf if you're wearing big giant boots that would tear up the greens and fairways, or if you have spikey spikes coming out of your wrists that would mess up your shot.
Much the same way you can't play icehockey without skates.

edczxcvbnm
04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Golf ROCKS!

*makes an albatrose*

OMFG! I can't believe I just make that shot!

Rye
04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Golf should be banned just because it's a stupid old person sport.

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 08:51 PM
not true Rye many kids were i live play Golf regularly and they all dress completely wierd :choc:

smittenkitten
04-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Like your little brother Squinn?xXx

Dr.K
04-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Fascist? I wouldn't say so.
Boring? Erm...

Caspian
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
If anything, golf can be construed as racist.

Why's the ball got to be <i>white?</i>

Destai
04-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Golf should be banned just because it's a stupid old person sport.I know a load of kids who enjoy golf as much as soccer, basketball etc. Its calming and fun for most people.
not true Rye many kids were i live play Golf regularly and they all dress completely wierd So do goths :tongue:

smittenkitten
04-11-2005, 09:17 PM
to tell the truth my little bro loves golf watches it olay's it in the house STILL I WANT IT BANNED! :shoot: he's doing my head in with it :screwy: xXx

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Golf should be banned just because it's a stupid old person sport.I know a load of kids who enjoy golf as much as soccer, basketball etc. Its calming and fun for most people.
not true Rye many kids were i live play Golf regularly and they all dress completely wierd So do goths :tongue:

i mean they dress so weird that they wouldnt be caught dead dressed like that other than on a golf course :choc:

YukiKiro
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
have you even watched golf on anything but cartoons lately? most pro golfers have just a normal formal casual dress.

i really dispise hate threads of any kind, shows narrow mindedness (unless it has to do with dislike of the KKK or some sort of sexism then i'm all for it).

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 09:45 PM
well i got kicked out of a golf club because i was wearing jeans and trainers, yes just for that :choc:

YukiKiro
04-11-2005, 09:48 PM
formal casual, meaning kahkis and a collared shirt (basic anyways). hey there are restaurants with dress codes too, i don't see you complaining about them.

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 09:50 PM
formal casual, meaning kahkis and a collared shirt (basic anyways). hey there are restaurants with dress codes too, i don't see you complaining about them.

well they're fascist too :choc:

YukiKiro
04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
they're only trying to keep an image. i can remember a restaurant that went under around here and it was because the image went to heck. it happens.

Shlup
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I think golf is boring. That's about it.

m4tt
04-11-2005, 09:59 PM
It's only the really old courses that don't allow women to play. I've never been to one of those though. Hell, there were 6 girls on my highschool golf team. It's a fun sport. Some people think it's boring, but I think it's nice to get outside and walk around on a pretty golf course.

And as for the way people dress... It depends on what course you go to. Shorts and a nice shirt can work at most courses. My only gripe was I wore jeans last time I went golfing and I was told to never wear them again at that course.

Levian
04-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Golf is incredibly elitist. No, seriously, you have no idea how elitist it is. I know several people who just plays it to show off their wallets. They don't even like the sport. It's like watching "Keeping up appearances", just way less funny. MIND THE PEDESTRIAN, RICHARD! :eek:

Destai
04-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Golf is incredibly elitist. No, seriously, you have no idea how elitist it is. I know several people who just plays it to show off their wallets. They don't even like the sport. It's like watching "Keeping up appearances", just way less funny. MIND THE PEDESTRIAN, RICHARD! :eek:I love that show xD!

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
wspecially the episode where she gets him to play golf and fight the ruffians which she eventually tackles, er anyway lets stay on topic :choc:

m4tt
04-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Golf is incredibly elitist. No, seriously, you have no idea how elitist it is. I know several people who just plays it to show off their wallets. They don't even like the sport. It's like watching "Keeping up appearances", just way less funny. MIND THE PEDESTRIAN, RICHARD! :eek: That's funny because that's not how I play it. Or how anyone I know plays it. The "showing off their wallets" thing could be true, seeing as some courses are pretty pricey to play on. But not every one of them. :o

Endless
04-11-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't think you know exactly what "fascist" and/or "fascism" mean. As for the game, it has a certain dress code, and *gasp* so do a lot of sports (martial arts anyone?). The difference with other sports is that the courses are free to enfore what they see fit, just like restaurants do, and some workplaces, and a lot of schools.

About the issue of wealth, yes, it's true that for some people, it's a way to show their wealth (mostly western culture), because golf kept that prestigious image, whereas playing soccer just doesn't cut it. But at the same time, it's also getting popular with kids who aren't necessarily part of the upper class.

Levian
04-11-2005, 10:45 PM
That's funny because that's not how I play it. Or how anyone I know plays it. The "showing off their wallets" thing could be true, seeing as some courses are pretty pricey to play on. But not every one of them. :o

That's probably the difference between golf in Norway and golf in the US. But anyway, there will always be people who play the game simply because they like it, but golf has a more amount of people who play it to show off than most other sports, imo.

Masamune·1600
04-11-2005, 10:49 PM

Yet another reason why mini golf is superior to, uh, regular golf.

Although a recent tournament did use balls that weren't white.

Destai
04-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Whoo modern world.

Leeza
04-11-2005, 11:21 PM
I love golf and I have never had any problems getting on any course. I agree with the dress code to a point because I don't want to see hairy armpits on guys on the course or at a restaurant...or women in the swimsuits for that matter. Some classier/snobbier courses go a bit too far with their dress code, but these are all private courses and they have the right to set the code to what they want. I just won't play there if they're too snobby because I probably wouldn't be able to afford that course anyways then. :)

sephiroth JR
04-11-2005, 11:38 PM
ive never played golf for real in a match, but i somtimes go on the driving range with my dad. As for getting kicked out of clubs for not wearing the right clothes,well i dont have to worry about that because my aunty is the lady captain or something like that i think she's in charge of the womens golf team so im pretty well known round there.i use the club as more of a social gathering rather than a place to play golf ,well i mean ive been living next door to it since i was 3 years old.sorry if i offend anyone but i do think its an adult game not an old peoples game because because that would sound contridicting....ahhh good old theasaurus...lol

Nod
04-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Golf clubs have a dress code because they are just that, CLUBS. You need to be a member to play on the course or have to pay if you are not. As with most clubs, there are codes of conduct. Most golf clubs have a dress code, in some it is stricter than others. There will always be the generic rules of No Spikes in the Bar etc. but on other rules it depends on the club.
Golf is not a prejudiced sport and to say that it is is just plain silly. :p

sephiroth JR
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
jesus christ!!! maybe people wouldnt say the games so /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif if they didnt have so many fucking rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nod
04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
I cant really see that Jesus has a place in this thread, although apparently his short-game was very good. :D
There aren't that many rules to golf. Having dress codes and stuff sets a standard which ensures that a good level of decorum may be maintained; essentially, it stops people from acting like total w****rs. :p

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2005, 12:18 AM
jesus christ!!! maybe people wouldnt say the games so /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif if they didnt have so many smurfing rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There arn't that many rules. Get the ball to the hole using golf clubs. Those are the rules for the most part. You have your water hazards but that is just a one stroke penalty. I don't really see how there are too many fucking rules on this one. Almost every other sport has 10 times these rules.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Most other sports have 50 times the rules that golf does. Basketball for example, has a plethora of rules, whereas golf only has a few. I have played both sports, and while I can name 10 basketball rules off the top of my head, I don't even know if there are 10 golf rules.

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Most other sports have 50 times the rules that golf does. Basketball for example, has a plethora of rules, whereas golf only has a few. I have played both sports, and while I can name 10 basketball rules off the top of my head, I don't even know if there are 10 golf rules.

Like I said. Golf = get the ball to the hole using clubs. Count how many strokes you take on the way there. Give your self a penalty stroke for each unplayable ball. Drop unplayable ball no closer to the hole from where it was unplayable.

Those are ALL the rules.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 01:09 AM
There's also others like what par is, and when you can move certain objects from your path, and marking your ball on the green and when you can tee-up the ball, and...yeah, I can't think of anymore.

Leeza
04-12-2005, 01:22 AM
There's actually a whole book on the rules of golf, but the average player doesn't really need to concern himself with most of them unless you're playing for the PGA or are in some other big tournament.

Wiegrahf42
04-12-2005, 01:49 AM

So its easy to find. Seriously those things can be a pain to look for especially if you hit into the tall grass. All in all I enjoy golf simply as a fun sport, and a good way to get outside. Also My friend and I will often be the only ones for five holes, so whenever we do a bad hit we can scream profanity at each other from 150 yards away.
You say golf is boring, well try it when some imbecile turns on the sprinklers. We were trying to tee off while dodging massive streams of water.

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2005, 02:26 AM
Those are added rules. Unless you do PGA type play it doesn't matter. Par is more of goal to shoot for than a rule.

Kirobaito
04-12-2005, 02:31 AM
What's wrong with something being anti-goth? :p

Yeah, golf is a much better sport than people give it credit for. I generally watch 10+ tournaments a year, generally the last day of them. I keep up with the PGA, though not as urgently as I do other sports. But yeah, it's okay to watch, and fun to play. Even though I suck all kinds of suckiness.

Makoto-Tribal
04-12-2005, 03:04 AM
does anyone agree with me, the sport is anti-women, anti-goth and anti-me the sport is worse than Hitler and i think it should be banned :choc:

Hooray for Golf!

Um..

I mean..

What bad bad terrible people.
But your really not missing anything, actual golf is quite boring. Minigolf is far more fun and they let more or less anyone play.

:..2-2-7..:

Venom65437
04-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Golf isn't a sport...

Miriel
04-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Golf isn't a sport...
Sport: Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

It's a boring sport, but a sport nonetheless.

Jpae33
04-12-2005, 03:18 AM
DUDE, GOLF IS GOOD!!! ITS A REAL MAN'S SPORT. I PLAY

Rusty
04-12-2005, 05:57 AM
I find golf boring. Thats it though.

Wiegrahf42
04-12-2005, 11:05 PM
People are complaining that golf has an informal "dress code". Well if you're playing soccer you're expected to wear some sort of dress appropriate for the sport. You say golf is "anti-goth". Exactly what sport is "pro-goth"? You don't see a hockey team with black eyeliner wearing various Shock rock shirts now do you. The whole "Gentleman only, Ladies forbidden" is an urban legend anyway.

Halifax Housewife
04-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Anti-Goth? Would you care to explain yourself a bit better there? Golf has a certain etiquette to it, and wearing "gothic" clothes isn't very nice. Besides, you play golf in very hot weather most of the time. Why would you wear black clothes? You would get extremely hot and possibly suffer from heat dehydration.

As for golf being discrimitory against women, I disagree with you there as well. Males are, in terms, "favored" for watching golf only because it has been exposed more by the media (and because of very famous golfers such as Tiger Woods and Singh). I watch women's golf from time to time, and I don't find it very exciting at all. The women play a very flat game, with little to no drama whatsoever.

Also, the reason as to why men and women don't play together is simply because of physical factors. Men have much stronger swings than women in golf (I'm not being sexist, it is simply fact unless I'm wrong) and because of this they play at different areas of each course (men start at a different point than the females as the males always start much further back then the ladies - you see this at any golf course you go to.)

Actually, I have tickets to see the LPGA as they're coming to the Glen Arbor golf course. Looking forward to it.

In the past golf was a very sexist game, but that's pretty much all sorted now with the exception of the Masters, but tradition is tradition and there is nothing you can really do about it.

Why should golf be banned? It's a billion dollar business that some companies <i>rely</i> on to advertise their products. You wouldn't want to see these businesses die, would you? That dosen't seem right at all.

Golf has always had several rules, just like football or hockey. It's a sport. Sports have rules. If you such a big problem with golf, you can simply not watch it. Problem solved.

Dignified Pauper
04-12-2005, 11:32 PM
"Heil Tiger Woods" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Heil Hitler".