PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums Hall of Fame

Agent Proto
04-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Is there even a Hall of Fame?

I'm not too sure, but I am sure there ought to be one! You know? The highlight important members, with their EoFF achievements (awards won, tournaments/contests won/hosted, and whatnot.), and include some threads too.

I know the Liftetime Achievement Award is nice, but it's seclusive to Unne and Bleys. Heck, I think Cid should have one. xD

Anyway, if there's a Hall of Fame for EoFF, who do you want to see be "inducted" into the EoFF Hall of Fame?

-N-
04-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Yes - let's have another category to recognize people, because RM, CK, Admin, SS and other custom titles just aren't enough!

And so I don't detract from the topic, let me just start listing everyone that everyone else will list soon enough anyways!

:rolleyes:

Brian The Pink Shark
04-11-2005, 08:22 PM
i should be in it just for being me :choc:

Psychotic
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Hello Wiki (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/).

MecaKane
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
That's what recognized members, and the archive are for.
Think man, THINK.

Agent Proto
04-11-2005, 08:26 PM
...Thread's reopened. Sorry. I was a little pissed at the responses I have been getting. But eventually... I wanted to discuss of a possibility of having a "Hall of Fame" that not only "recognizes" members, but recognize the part of EoFF that makes it what it is. It's not WikiEoFF, or "Recognized Member" thing. It's like a Hall of Fame to "shrine" the members, threads, old forums, and possibly banned members that had an impact on EoFF in one way or another.

edczxcvbnm
04-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Recognized Members to me are Cid's Knights in training. It doesn't have anything to do with be a hall of famer. Hooters, Linus and others would make the hall of fame but not recognized member status. I myself have caused much havok(so much that I lost the RM title).

I would like to see a hall of fame. That first anniversary thread is still one of my favorites. 50 pages of COMPLETE GARBAGE! Getting around the no double posting hack only made things worse.

Loony BoB
04-11-2005, 09:06 PM
I think the Ciddies all-time tally is a pretty accurate display, although there are some people who should be on it that aren't. The "top 50" or something are...

Dr Unne
Citizen Bleys
Loony BoB
Del Snizz
Kawaii Ryűkishi
Cid
Wyllius
Britt
ShlupQuack
Del Murder
HOOTERS
Asorie
Big Ogre Umaro
Joel
Agent Proto
Leeza
Mikztsu
RSL
Sir Krelian
edczxcvbnm
Calliope
Chaos
Rydia of Mist
Sita Atis
The Captain
Linus
Drex
Scottie
Sir Tyler of Narshe
Acmlm
angel
Farah
Spaceman Spiff
Spatvark
Tatum
Award Guy
eestlinc
Matty Pie!
Psychotic
The Man
Chewbacca
Princess Usa
Big D
Immortal
Moonlady
Misfit
Rye
Trumpet Thief
bossker
IGN64skanker

So yeah. It's close to accurate. Not 100% but still close. I think that EoFF Legends thread would cover what I'd view to be a hall of fame.

As for listing what they've won, that would take a long long time but I think it's doable. Not by me right now, though. For once in my life I can say I have better things to do with my time. :p

fire_of_avalon
04-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Hello Wiki (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/).
I have to go with Psy on this one. Sorry, Proto. :/

Agent Proto
04-11-2005, 09:21 PM
The Hall of Fame would be the combination of the Archives and WikiEoFF, except only more selective, because if we included everything in both Archives and WikiEoFF, the Hall of Fame would be way crowded with stuff that probably shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

CloudSquallandZidane
04-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Just make sure The Captain and Big D are in there.

(sarcasm)
I should win the award for longest active EoFF member to have never won an award. (/sarcasm) lolz

Raistlin
04-11-2005, 09:48 PM
The Hall of Fame would be the combination of the Archives and WikiEoFF, except only more selective, because if we included everything in both Archives and WikiEoFF, the Hall of Fame would be way crowded with stuff that probably shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.
Then why don't you just ask for the Lifetime Achievement Awards to be handed out more often?

We don't need another elitist category(hell, this is <i>me</i> saying this). The Wiki, RM status, the Ciddies, and the Lifetime Achievement Awards are more than enough.

Mercen-X
04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Mercen-X! (no)

I don't know how long xlxRenoxlx has been here, but apparently "" knows all there is to know about Reno. I think that should earn "" something.
Pretty much any member who played in the quote quizzes and answered the moderate to difficult quotes correctly on the first try.
Also anybody who has been successfully answering a lot of questions in the trivias and riddles.
You could also have a section devoted to the most creative Arts and Writing.

Shlup
04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Didn't we discuss this when we were both on staff, Prot? I think the decision was... everyone was too lazy to make one. xD

I'm satisfied with the Wiki, personally.

Levian
04-11-2005, 10:02 PM
We don't need another elitist category(hell, this is <i>me</i> saying this). The Wiki, RM status, the Ciddies, and the Lifetime Achievement Awards are more than enough.

Wtf? I completely agree with Raistlin. I never thought I'd see the day... :eek:

YukiKiro
04-11-2005, 10:11 PM
doesn't this fall under a popularity contest thread... which are supposed to be illegal here.

those of you who are here for popularity this is for you. :screwy:

Agent Proto
04-11-2005, 10:14 PM
The purpose of a Hall of Fame is to honor a member or thread for their/its contribution to EoFF. This is no way having to do with popularity.

But, eh... yeah.

Shlup
04-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, this sounds just like the arguments we had about it in the staff forum. If you want to honor people, Prot, you should enter nice things about them in the Wiki.

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2005, 12:19 AM
But anyone can write anything in the Wiki. It really isn't a hall of fame. There is nothing here that can be considered a hall of fame.

Shoeberto
04-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Ed's thinking the same as I am. Bad things could just as easily be said as good in the wiki.

Leeza
04-12-2005, 01:14 AM
I agree with ed and Hsu. The Wiki is not really a Hall of Fame because it could just as well also be a Hall of Whatever Crap Anyone Wants To Post. But then again, someone has to actually to through the trouble of making one up and that's where everything kind of stops. No one really has time to do something like that and BoB is the one with all of the stats.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Then what about RM status? Or the Lifetime Achievement Awards?

-N-
04-12-2005, 01:24 AM
The only reason anyone would want this is so they could see themselves in there.

Everyone knows who's done what, everyone recognizes the great contributions certain people have made to this place, everyone rewards them with love, respect, and heaps of custom ranks and Ciddies.

Do we really need anything else?

I question the motives of anyone who supports this.

I stand by my original statement. Evidently my PM has done nothing.

Trumpet Thief
04-12-2005, 01:35 AM
The only reason anyone would want this is so they could see themselves in there.

Rubedo: Ditto :D

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
What are these "Life Time Achievment Awards"?

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Awards given to Unne and Bleys, as a result of their years of effort put into EoFF. I don't remember when exactly they were given...it was quite a while ago.

It might have been advertised as a one-time deal, but maybe if they should be brought back?

Leeza
04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
You see. This is an example of what a Hall of Fame would be for. So that you would know what the Lifetime Achievement Award was for and who it was for so that you wouldn't be just wondering about it. Plus, all newbies should know who it really was that made this place what it is and not just say <i>Who?</i> when some oldbie posts.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Plus, all newbies should know who it really was that made this place what it is and not just say Who? when some oldbie posts.
Yeah, that would be a change for me. xD

Agent Proto
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I could head an UnOfficial Hall of Fame Committee for EoFF. Get a small number of members to join, and we can start on selecting who to induct into the Hall of Fame. Only if enough members are interested in joining. =P Not like it'll be Staff Approved. ^_^

Maxico
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
As it has been stated before, we already have enough elitest popularity contests.

Psychotic
04-12-2005, 06:58 PM
I could head an UnOfficial Hall of Fame Committee for EoFF. Get a small number of members to join, and we can start on selecting who to induct into the Hall of Fame. Only if enough members are interested in joining. =P Not like it'll be Staff Approved. ^_^I hope to see some newer or less popular members on that committee, otherwise it'll turn into a "Hail the Oldbie" fest, alienating the newer members even more than they already are.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
I could head an UnOfficial Hall of Fame Committee for EoFF. Get a small number of members to join, and we can start on selecting who to induct into the Hall of Fame. Only if enough members are interested in joining. =P Not like it'll be Staff Approved. ^_^
Actually...that sounds pretty cool.

I agree with Psy, though. A wide variety of people on this committee is necessary, if it happens.

Agent Proto
04-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Of course. A wide variety of people with different tastes on who should be inducted, and if we have enough members in the committee, it should be required that a person must have at least two-thirds of the committee's votes to get inducted, instead of a majority.

I guess the members outside of the committee are free to request a member to get into the hall of fame, but the committee will have to approve. If the staff wants to be in, they could have the final votes on committee approved nominees so they could be inducted into a Hall of Fame, so it will be tougher for members to get inducted into an EoFF Hall of Fame.

Edit:

So, to say.

1. Regular Members nominate members for the Hall of Fame.
2. Committee votes on member, with two-third of votes required to pass.
3. Staff makes the final votes to approve of Committee Approved members.
4. If passed, member will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2005, 07:13 PM
If you need someone Proto then I am open and willing.

Levian
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Do whatever you want. I don't care. I'm not going to take any part of this barbaric ritual.

Maxico
04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Ill be on it. Its not like I have anything better to do.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 08:09 PM
It's not forming now. :p

Hell, it hasn't even been created, yet.

Agent Proto
04-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, seems like people are a bit impatient.

Shoeberto
04-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Do whatever you want. I don't care. I'm not going to take any part of this barbaric ritual.
Criminy, I hope this doesn't turn out like the introduction of RMs did.

Maxico
04-12-2005, 08:58 PM
No, just bored.

Old Manus
04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
It sounds a bit long-winded.

Levian
04-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Criminy, I hope this doesn't turn out like the introduction of RMs did.

Don't mind me. I just like adding drama.

XxSephirothxX
04-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I think the idea is an overall good one, as long as it doesn't turn out to be solely a "Praise the Oldbies for being around a long time" thing. Personally, I'd like to learn more about former staff members who no longer post, but were extremely important "back in the day." I catch references to events from the past occassionally in #eoff and on the boards, but learning the details of these events and who started them would be an interesting bit of history. And if this idea gets off the ground, there could be a "Hall of Shame" section to highlight the members like ffbabe...although this suggestion has pretty much been shot down when it was proposed as an individual forum or whatever recently.

Psychotic
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
there could be a "Hall of Shame" section to highlight the members like ffbabe...ff babe was the greatest EoFFer of all time. :mad2: Take your oldbies and stick them, ff babe for the hall of fame!

Caspian
04-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Proto, what's stopping you from just doing all of this yourself?

You could make the Hall of Fame yourself and then just post a thread about it when it's done.

Sepho
04-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Like most issues, I'm indifferent to this one as well. I can understand arguments both for and against the creation of some sort of a Hall of Fame, but if it generates enough interest, I wouldn't mind it.

I'm saddened during talk of the 'good ol' days', or when being exposed to an inside joke about which I haven't a clue, and I'm a sucker for informational archives - I've spent hours reading old threads in General Archive - so it'd be interesting to see this actually undergoing development. It's still in concept-stage, so to speak, but I'd throw my name in there for the committee nonetheless. I haven't been around as long as many of the oldbies, but I didn't register a few months ago either. I suppose I'm in the middle ground. Additionally, my thought process in regards to which members would be 'worthy' of induction would likely be a contrast to the norm, or at least a little bit different than that of many.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 01:58 AM

You could make the Hall of Fame yourself and then just post a thread about it when it's done.

The problem with that is that it would be seen as extremely biased. =P

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Plus, it would only be recognized by like two people - like the Lifetime Achievement Awards.

Halifax Housewife
04-13-2005, 02:05 AM
I deserve the award, "Is a veteran but is still a noob."

-N-
04-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Please son, you haven't even been around a year. :p

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 02:43 AM
xD

I like you. I don't know who the hell you are, but I like you!

Just be aware, that this makes you automatically lose about fifty billion points in the eyes of the Staff.

Del Murder
04-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Heh, profiles can be misleading.

I don't want to have anything to do with this idea, but I don't have a problem if someone else does it. I think we have enough ways of honoring members already.

Shlup
04-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Please, everyone knows Chef is a fatty n00b.

I approve of a Hall of Fame if my name is in big fat bold letters. Possibly with one of those glowing text effects. And maybe a dancing Jesus GIF or two.

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 02:51 AM
I think Shlup's buns should be in the Hall of Fame instead of Shlup, since we know those buns were the actual reason Shlup was adminned - as shown by the fact that she only lasted for a couple of months in Staff after her buns were kicked out.

Shlup
04-13-2005, 02:54 AM
I don't think we should glorify those who have been banned.

-N-
04-13-2005, 02:59 AM
xD

I like you. I don't know who the hell you are, but I like you!

Just be aware, that this makes you automatically lose about fifty billion points in the eyes of the Staff.

http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Members/Neel

Heh, profiles can be misleading.

Yeah, that probably won't help at all, especially since I removed nearly all traces of my original screenname from the Wiki and the boards. :p

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 03:00 AM
I don't recall Shlup's Buns ever being banned... or registered in that fact.

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 03:02 AM
Shlup's buns were working behind the scenes.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Good luck getting inducted, Shlup, if the Hall of Fame, gets around. :p

So, when might we get around to starting this project?

edczxcvbnm
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
NOW BITCH! DO IT NOW! :rawr:

Levian
04-13-2005, 04:25 PM

The problem with that is that it would be seen as extremely biased. =P

It's going to be biased anyway. A small group of people can't possibly be representative for the entire forums.

We already have enough diversity in this forum, and bringing it to another level sounds silly to me. :grinpink:

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
It's going to be biased anyway. A small group of people can't possibly be representative for the entire forums.

We already have enough diversity in this forum, and bringing it to another level sounds silly to me. :grinpink:
That's why we're trying to get as big a range as possible. No, it's not going to be perfectly representative, but if we get the ranges, that'll work. Plus, if we wanted to be TRULY representative, then we'd have to include 5-day-old newbies who have two posts and don't know who Cid is. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Halifax Housewife
04-13-2005, 07:54 PM

Please, son. I've been here longer than you <i>ever</i> have.

As Mr.Del says, "Profiles can be misleading."

And I love you Shlup. <3

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Well I still don't know who you are. >=o

Or maybe I did and forgot. Or maybe secret agents came in and zapped my memory.

Leeza
04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Please, son. I've been here longer than you <i>ever</i> have. <3

What happened to your first account, Cheffie? :)

Halifax Housewife
04-13-2005, 08:00 PM
That's what I would like to know. It mysteriously dissapeared. Did YOU delete it, Leeza? :mad2:

Leeza
04-13-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm innocent. :)

Halifax Housewife
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Sure, and Shlup loves BJ. Psh.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, considering the Hall of Fame Committee is currently in the planning, I think it's best to let this thread die, or be closed, considering the focus will be on the other thread regarding the "Hall of Fame."

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=60053