PDA

View Full Version : Coheed and Cambria

Rye
04-11-2005, 11:06 PM
I tend to bad mouth emo at times, but I adore Coheed and Cambria. I don't have any albums by them, but the songs I've heard by them are awesome and fun. Can you recommend me any albums by them and also, which album has Favor House Atlantic on it?

Lindy
04-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I saw them play live as a support band to Hundred Reasons once, they were a lot better than I expected (and the lead singer's voice really doesn't fit his look).

Second Stage Turbine Blade is a pretty good album, s'also the only one I know, heh.

Cuchulainn
04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
C&C own, they aren't Emo, Emo is Mae, Death Cab For Cutie, Bright Eyes, Weezer etc. They're heavier. I'd call them emocore.

Lindy
04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Oi, Death Cab are Indie and Weezer are just...pop.

Gawd, no idea of definition at all D=

Cuchulainn
04-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Indie isn't really a music genre per say, it defines bands not signed to Major labels & chose to practice their artistic freedom on Independant Labels where there are no clauses. You can get Indie anything, Hip Hop, Rock, Country etc. DCFC are as Emo as Emo will ever get. There isn't much I don't know about music, don't preach to the preacher. :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-12-2005, 05:14 AM
I have In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 And it is simply awesome. One of my favorite albums for sure.

Yeah, that's the one with A Favorhouse Atlantic

fire_of_avalon
04-12-2005, 05:38 AM
I like that one song. :)?

Rye
04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
I have In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 And it is simply awesome. One of my favorite albums for sure.

Yeah, that's the one with A Favorhouse Atlantic

My friend recommended me that one, and he loves C&C. I'll have to find that next week once I get some money.