PDA

View Full Version : Wiki questions.

Caspian
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
What's to stop any over-curious newbie from deleting everything that's there?

Also, put a link to it somewhere on the main forums page besides the stickied thread.

crono_logical
04-12-2005, 12:46 AM
1) The undo function, and I assume there's IP bannage too, but BoB would know better than me :p

2) Ask BoB :p

Samuraid
04-12-2005, 01:31 AM
1) There is IP ban-age if need be...I hope it doesn't have to be used.

2) Any of the admins can edit the template and add a link to the Wiki. *prods cl_out* :p
The Wiki is also accessible by www.eyesonff.com/wiki

-N-
04-12-2005, 08:22 AM
I've been prodding BoB to add a Wiki link for days. Then I got over it.

crono_logical
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
There must be some reason why BoB hasn't added it yet, that's why I haven't bothered either :D

Shlup
04-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Damn lazy administrators.

Caspian
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow, that's pretty terrible that two admins know what should be done, but instead of inconveniencing themselves doing it, they wait for the guy they know loves this place and will be kind enough to do it when he can.

Ever think you're taking advantage of Loony BoB?

Shlup
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
What two admins are you talking about, pray tell? Since I'm assuming BoB is the "guy they know loves this place and will be kind enough to do it when he can."

Caspian
04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
cl_out, obviously, and you definitely had ample time as an admin to do it.

I realize now that you've stepped down, but I was not informed of it via announcement or pm or whatnot, so I had no reason to assume you were not still a full-fledged admin when you left your comment.

I admit my mistake, but I still think that you were included in the taking advantage of BoB era.

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, Mandee, you've had ample time to do idle internet work in between moving and college and real life. God you're lazy.

Caspian
04-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Glad you agree.

(Yes, I know what sarcasm is, and I assume you do too.)

Loony BoB
04-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Sometimes I wish more girls would take advantage of me...

EDIT: The primary reason I haven't integrated it into the forums yet is because I want to see how it goes over time - ie, is it just a phase? But then again I suppose it would get more attention than the map or maybe the album, so I might put it up sooner rather than later.

clout, if you see this, feel free to put it up. If not, I'll probably do it when I get home this afternoon.

I don't blame ShlupQuack for not putting it up because I don't know if I trust her well enough to know how to work the templates. It's easy, in my opinion, but I don't know if she's ever had to try, so yeah. clout and I are probably the most template-savvy admins there are.

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I'll try and <s>molest</s> take advantage of you when you're awake next time.

Raistlin
04-12-2005, 06:07 PM
I don't blame ShlupQuack for not putting it up because I don't know if I trust her well enough to know how to work the templates. It's easy, in my opinion, but I don't know if she's ever had to try, so yeah. clout and I are probably the most template-savvy admins there are.
=o

Hell, <i>I</i> figured out how to do template stuff like this by myself, and I'm just about the last person you'd want to be screwing around in the admin CP - as witnessed by the last vB upgrade of tGA.

crono_logical
04-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Well I didn't know it was something that should have been done, actually, since I've got very little to do with the wiki to start with, but since BoB's now ok'ed it, I might as well :p

Loony BoB
04-12-2005, 06:28 PM
=o

Hell, <i>I</i> figured out how to do template stuff like this by myself, and I'm just about the last person you'd want to be screwing around in the admin CP - as witnessed by the last vB upgrade of tGA.
Just because you're able doesn't mean I'd let you do it. :) Messing with templates is something I like to be done strictly by clout and myself if I can help it, because that way we know who to talk to if there's anything that's been done that we didn't do. I did the EoFF 2005 Design by myself and I did the EoFF Classic (vB3) design with clout's help (as well as other people, but they didn't physically make the changes in the admin CP). I wouldn't care if Shlup did make the change, but template changes aren't generally something she was expected to do just because she was an admin.

EDIT: Thanks for volunteering, clout. *leaves you to it*

crono_logical
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Unne's done quite a few template changes too, looking at their history :p

*deletes Fluffy Puff by mistake when trying to add the link to that style too, because Shlup went and made that style in the wrong place* :monster:

Shlup
04-12-2005, 11:15 PM
I didn't know the Wiki needed to be added. :p

And I can too edit templates! I've done it before!

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2005, 11:33 PM
You can do nothing Ms. Former Staff! NOTHING!

Shlup
04-12-2005, 11:38 PM
omf i will so hax eoff 4 that comment, biotch

-N-
04-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Holy crap, you actually did it! :<3:

crono_logical
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
See, Feedback can work sometimes :D

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
...sometimes?