PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Anyone got this game. I bought it ages ago but finally bothered playing it proper. Its great if a little hard. But practice makes perfect and proves that graphics dont make a good game. I have a litle question too. In the manual it shows people moves and when I looked down the page. I saw Akuma. How do you get to play as him ?
Anyone else like this game ?

Erdrick Holmes
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
I got it, it came with the US version of SF Anniversary for PS2.

To play as Akuma, hightlight the following characters, in turn, waiting one second between each selection: Ryu, T. Hawk, Guile, Cammy, Ryu

When you get back to Ryu press Start and all three punch buttons within one second after pressing start to get Akuma.

But be warned, Akuma sucks in this game, no supermoves at all.

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Yer I noticed that
Also, one time when playing arcade instead of playing Bison at the end. Akuma butts in, beats up Bison ( yay ) and I have to fight him. I lost but I am unable to fight him again. I just keep Fighting Bison as usual. Do I get anything special if I defeat him. And how do I get to fight him again ?

Dking'squeen
04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I remember that happened to me too. I don't even remember what I did, I was just playing normally and then Akuma comes in and I have to fight that looser. *sigh* It's been ages though. I used to know how I had fought him, but I forgot now...:(

Erdrick Holmes
04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Do I get anything special if I defeat him. And how do I get to fight him again ?

If you lose you don't get another chance. But I think if you beat him with Ryu you get an alternate ending.

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 05:50 PM
ooooo alternate ending
Bit disaponted with the outcome of Akuma as I thinks hes pretty bad.
How to you get to fight Akuma again in Arcade though ?

NM
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I have Hyper Street Fighter 2, havn't played it that much single player, but if it's anything like the GBA version of Super Street Fighter 2 X then to fight Akuma insted of Bison you usually need to beat all the other fighters without losing a round and get a certain number of Super Combo finish's.

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Thx

Cless
04-13-2005, 12:03 AM
I love this game! Yeah, just practice it and you'll get better at it. I made it my mission that I would beat it on "hardest" difficulty without using a continue once. I finally did it a week or two ago, and it was one of best feelings I've ever had in gaming! The fight with Bison, knowing that losing meant starting all again, got the adrenaline pumping! Took me probably well over fifty tries, and way too much practice, but it was worth it! I didn't see Akuma anywhere though. :(

Flamethrower
04-13-2005, 12:18 AM
I bought it, mainly due to the praise it got from a different thread in this very forum. I was vastly dissapointed. Thanks a lot, EoFF. :(

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 12:52 AM
How can You Say that
This game is great. Bit hard but practice and you will enjoy it more