PDA

View Full Version : Mindless Self Indulgence--You'll Rebel To Anything

Sephex
04-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I am sure only three or four people will reply to this thread, knowing what I am talking about. Whatever, though.

The new MSI album is awesome. Sure, it's only 26 minutes long, but I really enjoyed this album. Gotta love the cover!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007WFXMQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Rye
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I know Fuza loves them, and I hear good things from the few who listen to them. What are they like, because I'll probably check them out.

m4tt
04-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Is it anything like their frankestien girls album? I liked that one.

Rye - I guess they are kinda like.. shock rock? Hip hop and heavy stuff with messed up lyrics. The album I have has songs about masturbation, "faggots", and clarissa explains it all. :p

fire_of_avalon
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I didn't really like what I heard, but I couldn't tell you why anymore. I might give it a go.

Meow
04-13-2005, 01:16 AM
They're industrial jungle pussy punk.

Sephex
04-13-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah, it's very hard to describe their sound. If you want an example of their good songs, check out...

*Backmask
*Bitches
*Clarissa
*Faggot
*Kill The Rock
*Capitol P

On the new album I would reccomend...

*Shut Me Up
*Straight To Video
*You'll Rebel To Anything (As Long As It's Not Challenging) <--hilarious lyrics
*What Do They Know?
*Bull****

I haven't had a chance to listen to their whole first album, but "Tornado" was a cool song from that one.

m4tt
04-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, bitches was what got me to buy their album. I saw a music video for pokemon using that song and it got me hooked. :p

Sephex
04-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Yeah, bitches was what got me to buy their album. I saw a music video for pokemon using that song and it got me hooked. :p

Actually, that was a fan made video. The real bitches video just has live cuts in it. I thought the Pokemon one was hilarious, though.