PDA

View Full Version : Game Characters You Hate

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 08:58 PM
These can be from any game at all.
Mines are
Testament-Guilty Gear X2
M.Bison-Street Fighter
Dante-Devil May Cry ( even though I love the Games )
and Tidus-FFX

Whats Yours ?

MJN SEIFER
04-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Ivy - Soul Calibur

I think theres more but I can't think of any yet.

black orb
04-12-2005, 09:42 PM
>>> The bad guy from Sonic games, I think its called eggman or something.

Old Manus
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Rose from MGS2.

Apollo
04-12-2005, 09:52 PM
The stupid talking robot thingy in pikmin 2! (Thank god I only had to play that horrid game once)
Zell from FFVIII and
Yang from FFIV
I'll think of more later.

Meat Puppet
04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
i hate chun-li

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
i hate chun-li

JEDUS !!!!

Perducci
04-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Tidus, FFX.

In fact, Wakka and Rikku were the only characters I actually liked from that game. And Auron, too.

Apollo
04-12-2005, 10:34 PM
i hate chun-li
Thank you for reminding me. I hate her too!

Dreddz
04-12-2005, 10:40 PM
You hate her too
Shes Kool

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Jedus? Um... did you mean Judas?

Anyway, Dante of Devil May Cry, Rinoa of Final Fantasy VIII, and... the annoying chick from Star Ocean 2. I cant remember her name, but her voice drove me nuts.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
i hate chun-li
Me too. But I love that guy from Splinter Cell.

Chris
04-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Link sucks my rain boots. :skull6:

Wiegrahf42
04-12-2005, 11:14 PM
ahem...
Tidus, Wakka, Rikku, Yuna, Seymour-FFX, The entire cast of FFX-2 (brother with special venom) Rose-MGS2 Leon-Resident evil (he is cool but His one liners are worse then Duke Nukem's) Rinoa, Selphie- FFVIII Rosa- FFIV Shion-Xenosaga Theres many more, but thats all I can think of now.

Swordicanus
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
i hate raiden from mgs2 he was such a pussy and looked like such a bitch I don't know what was going through Hideo kojima's mind (ok I'll take one of the most popular game characters ever created and the fans love and I'll repalce him with a whining moaning lady boy that is scared about killing people) we don't want a cool charismatic character replaced with that please

Ryth
04-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Raiden-MGS2
Piros- Dot Hack series
Most of the Sonic characters
Globox-Rayman 3 especially

Wiegrahf42
04-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I actually thought Raidan was a nice change of pace. I get sick of the fanboys who worship Solid Snake. Yeah he looked effeminate, but you could see that Snake was wearing a thong so oh well. Raidan actually had a decent backstory, AND he had a sword which gives a +20 in awesomeness. What I really hated was Rose. People go on about Raidan being clueless but they forget that in MGS3 Big Boss repeated EVERYTHING that people said to him while Snake exclaimed "OH MY GOD A SURVIELLENCE CAMERA I NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE A SURVEILLENCE CAMERA IN A PLACE WHERE THEY TAKE APART NUKES"!!! How is Raidan a pussy? He spent most of the game kicking ass even though he is a n00b. Let's see you kill people for most of your life and not be JUST a little screwed up.

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 12:53 AM
I hate Jr. from Xenosaga!!!!!!!!! I just can't stand him!!!!! And I hate Link in all his games because how does a 16 year old look six!? I think Fujiin from FFviii got screwed because the way she talks is screwed. Brother from FFX-2 is in love with his cousin which is freaky. Shinra from FFX-2 always lies with his "I'm just a kid" and he stole my dressphere!!!!!!!!Gimme much? Rufus just is a girl in a mans body. Betrix much with the flipping of the hair? Steiner can just die with his ugly self. He jacked up the whole game of FF9. Mario from the Super Mario Bros 3. He was too fat and overweight. Peach's voice from Super Mario 64 was enough to make you sick. Bowser was cool. Randy Orton's face from Smackdown vs. Raw is jacked up. Um, Seto Kaiba from every game he is in. I think that's enough for now. And what's wrong with Shion from Xenosaga? Oh yeah, chaos from Xenosaga II is jacked up. First blacknow white. Another Michael Jackson much. thats enough really.

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Yer
Raiden didnt really mind Raiden
Actually I kinda liked him

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 01:19 AM
I hate Algus from FFT more than any other game character. But you're supposed to hate him, so he's actually a really good character. xD

Camanche
04-13-2005, 01:21 AM
the annoying chick from Star Ocean 2. I cant remember her name, but her voice drove me nuts.

Precis? I couldn't stand her either. XD

-Rinoa
-Tidus
-Precis (That voice! That personality! Agghh!)

Hmmm... not too many others though.

Wiegrahf42
04-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Oh yes I forgot Algus. I hate shion becuase she is extremely ditzy. Almost as bad as Rikku. Almost. She's supposed to be some genius scientist yet says highly corny lines and spends most of her time whining about the ethics of it all.

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Bridget from Guilty Gear for obvious reasons
Tommy Vercetti from GTA because GTA is crap
Hugo from Street Fighter because the dude is so ugly he looks like his face caught on fire and somebody put it out with a screwdriver
Jowy from Suikoden II for Backstabbing the hero
Snowe from Suikoden IV because he's a freaking pussy
Tidus from FFX, see Snowe
Big Joe from Xenogears, can't do jack crap in the game

TheAbominatrix
04-13-2005, 05:59 AM
the annoying chick from Star Ocean 2. I cant remember her name, but her voice drove me nuts.

Precis? I couldn't stand her either. XD

-Rinoa
-Tidus
-Precis (That voice! That personality! Agghh!)

Hmmm... not too many others though.

Yeah, Precis! She drove me insane!

Luc
04-13-2005, 06:01 AM

So... so true. :cookie:

FFX - Tidus
FFX -2 - All characters

Some others I can't think of, but those are the main ones.

MJN SEIFER
04-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Brother from FFX-2 is in love with his cousin which is freaky

No it's not.

Jack
04-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Toan from Dark Cloud
JP from SSX Tricky
Liquid Snake from MGS2 (He's more annoying in that one)
Coco Bandicoot

Swordicanus
04-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I actually thought Raidan was a nice change of pace. I get sick of the fanboys who worship Solid Snake. Yeah he looked effeminate, but you could see that Snake was wearing a thong so oh well. Raidan actually had a decent backstory, AND he had a sword which gives a +20 in awesomeness. What I really hated was Rose. People go on about Raidan being clueless but they forget that in MGS3 Big Boss repeated EVERYTHING that people said to him while Snake exclaimed "OH MY GOD A SURVIELLENCE CAMERA I NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE A SURVEILLENCE CAMERA IN A PLACE WHERE THEY TAKE APART NUKES"!!! How is Raidan a pussy? He spent most of the game kicking ass even though he is a n00b. Let's see you kill people for most of your life and not be JUST a little screwed up.

Hideo kojima himself confessed that it was a mistake because there was hatred for Raiden from so many people... give them the title fanboys or whatever but there's nothing wrong with liking a character but ok I'll take your opinion your entitled to it

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Toan from Dark Cloud

How can you hate him
he dosent say anything

Old Manus
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Anyone who does even a little research into MGS2 can realize that Raiden was the perfect character for the game, and playing as Snake would ruin it.

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
People just didnt like him because he looked like a girl

Psychotic
04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Chun-Li from Street Fighter because GTA is better than Street Fighter. :)

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 07:26 PM
That is not True
Street Fighter is miles better.
But GTA games arent bad but are not that good

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2005, 07:29 PM
He's just saying that to try and bust my chops.

Destai
04-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I liked Raidens character more than Snake because I find "know it alls" irritating in most cases. And I really hate snake fanboys. The funny thing is they fail to realize Raidens purpose was to see snake from a different point of view and make him look more impressive than before. It was succesful and that was Hideos mistake in my opinion.

Psychotic
04-13-2005, 07:47 PM
He's just saying that to try and bust my chops.An eye for an eye. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1076123&postcount=23) :p

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Bridget from Guilty Gear for obvious reasons
Hugo from Street Fighter because the dude is so ugly he looks like his face caught on fire and somebody put it out with a screwdriver
Jowy from Suikoden II for Backstabbing the hero
Snowe from Suikoden IV because he's a freaking pussy
Tidus from FFX, see Snowe
Big Joe from Xenogears, can't do jack crap in the game
Jowy was a freakin awesome character. I pitied Jowy; I definitely didn't hate him.

I did, however, hate Snowe. But you were supposed to hate Snowe, because Snowe's a wuss.

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I know, but I just have a peeve towards characters who start off as the hero's best friend then turn around and backstab them. This is why I hate Riku from Kingdom Hearts as well.

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I liked Raidens character more than Snake because I find "know it alls" irritating in most cases. And I really hate snake fanboys. The funny thing is they fail to realize Raidens purpose was to see snake from a different point of view and make him look more impressive than before. It was succesful and that was Hideos mistake in my opinion.

I agree with ya

Old Manus
04-13-2005, 09:50 PM
The funny thing is they fail to realize Raidens purpose was to see snake from a different point of view and make him look more impressive than before. It was succesful and that was Hideos mistake in my opinion.
Yes, that was the whole idea of having Raiden as the character. If you played as Snake, he is the ultimate warrior and can expect anything, and know everything. What Kojima meant was that if you played as Snake, you would be overwhelmed by how cool he is and more be 'following' Snake than controlling him. You play as Raiden, the rookie with no experience, who looks up to Snake as an idol, and pushes to be as good as him. This makes Snake seem much 'cooler'.

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 10:17 PM

No it's not.Um, it is too!!!!!!!!! Are you in love with your cousin? I don't mean the family kind of love either. I mean relationship love. Thats Brother's kind of love for Yuna. Now THAT'S creepy.

Camanche
04-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I actually liked the whole MGS2 concept of playing the rookie who looks up to snake. But after playing MGS3 and seeing how they made fun of him... ouch. XD
I get a kick out of the faux-beginning they have when you pick "I like MGS2."

I especially like the out takes they made, and put up for download.

Seeing 'Raiden' run over by the Metal Gear was hilarious. Funniest thing I'd seen in a while.

As for Brother liking Yuna... are they not first cousins? ...and he seems to like her in much-more-than-just-friendly kind of way. Maybe it is just the way I was brought up, but wanting your cousin is not generally encouraged.

Zifnab
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Can't stand Roan from Grandia II.

'Expect an early winter... with lots of snow!' Twit.

kikimm
04-14-2005, 12:21 AM
---Claudia, from Silent Hill 3. She completely disgusted me, especially when she swallowed God after Heather barfed it up. That really made me want to throw up. *shudder*
---Angela, from SH2. Blah. So boring.
---Rikku, Yuna, Paine, or actually, everyone from FFX2. Way too light, too much fluff, all of them.
---Vivi, from FF9. I honestly can't stand him. To me, he's not interesting, at all.

That should do it.

:D

Wiegrahf42
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Its not just that brother liked his cousin, but also that he seemed to be continually on an acid trip.

Lord Chainsaw
04-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Dante. God I can't stand Dante. He represents the decline of gaming.

We have realistic, deep, and interesting characters like Tidus who get all the hate from the majority of the gaming population. 95% of the gaming population (no this isn't a percentage I fished out of the blue, it is based upon an old Gamefaqs census) are testosterone pumped men. A very, very good portion of those don't care for deep characters. They want a one dimensional "pseudo-badass" with white hair, a red coat, and a sword. As a result, we get the same crap characters, and when a company decides to take a different approach for a deeper game experience and create a guy who isn't a 100% testament to machismo, they get shot down. Video games are more than mindless action with some crap badboy wannabee. They're a perfected amalgamation of an excellent story, excellent gameplay, excellent music, and anything else that dares define them as an intelligent form of entertainment.

Tell me, how many Oscar winning pictures in the past ten years have been pure action movies? Sure they may make a hell of a lot of money at the box office, but they can't be considered masterpieces.

Snake is similar to this, but I can't complain about him. He's a very well developed character.

Llanowar
04-14-2005, 02:18 AM
My most hated character of all time has got to be GAU!!! from FFVI

I just hated going through all the forced dialgues with him repeatedly spitting out the archaic word THOU!!!! OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Someone needed to just cast mute on him and shut him up forever!

other than that i really can't stand any ff X-2 character along with Jean from BoF2, Edward from FFII, Ruby from Lunar 2 (god what an annoying baby dragon GEEZ). There are more but none that i can think of to hate more than these.

FF freak
04-14-2005, 03:08 AM
i hate chun-li

Speaking of chun-li,whats up with the bra on her head? :confused:

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 03:13 AM
Those arent bras, those are little decorative covers over her buns. They're Chinese in origin. I dont know the exact name, though.

FF freak
04-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Really? Are their like sports bun holders? Are they all strappless?

DarthCuddles
04-14-2005, 03:53 AM
I hate Yufi from FFVII. Stealing my materia and then forcing me to march through mountains and then help her cuz Mr. Horney Coreno has the hots for her?! I say that she needed to die! :shoot:

MJN SEIFER
04-14-2005, 09:26 AM

No it's not.Um, it is too!!!!!!!!! Are you in love with your cousin? I don't mean the family kind of love either. I mean relationship love. Thats Brother's kind of love for Yuna. Now THAT'S creepy.

If you love somone it doesn't matter WHO they are.

Project G
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Tidus- FFX
Lucia- DMC2
Raiden- MGS2
Ocelot- MGS series
All of the Tekken characters
Mario
Cait Sith- FFVII
Celes- FFVI
Ada- Resident Evil 2
Rikku- FFX2
Queen Remedi- FFTA
Mewt Randall- FFTA
The woman from DMC
Waluigi- Mario series
Coco Bandicoot
Pura and Polar- Crash Bandicoot series

Jack
04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Toan from Dark Cloud simply MUST be hated. Sometimes, it's not the voice that makes you hate them.

Dr.K
04-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Yuffie (FFVII)
Kunimitsu/Wang (Tekken 2)
Steiner/Kuja (FFIX)
Wakka (FFX)
Steve (Resi Evil Veronica X)
First Citizen Lynette (Fallout 2)

All annoying, but the last 2 REALLY bug me.

MJN SEIFER
04-14-2005, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=Dr.K]Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me I hate her 2. Ugly Bitch!

Imperia
04-15-2005, 07:38 AM
-Rinoa, Selphie, Dona, Lucil, Edward, Gordon, and Tellah (Final Fantasy series)
-Rogue and Cream (Sonic games)
-Mel and Korcha (Chrono Cross)
-Empress Teodora, Vigoro, and Aika {I actually don't hate Aika at all. She's okay, but sometimes she was a little obnoxious and I felt that the writers thrust her upon the players too much} (Skies of Arcadia)
-Pokey and his father (Earthbound)
-Marle's father and the Chancellor (Chrono Trigger)

KuRt
04-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Raiden-MGS2

Pouring Rain
04-23-2005, 02:51 AM
All I am saying is, I officially hate Barthello. So add him to my list, ok?