PDA

View Full Version : I see dead people...

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Title kinda explains. Why does the Kingdom Hearts games keep bringing back dead people. I'm not sure if Sephiroth was dead but oh well. Aeris was dead. Oops, I mean Aerith. Auron is dead. Why do they change her name? Tidus died. I thought people got older by 9 years in final fantasy? Selphie (who had a boyfriend) is now young enough to have a playmate. Anyway lets get back to the subject. I have had enough with dead people. Cloud was going to die, but they made him work for Sephiroth, and then keep him alive. Is Ansem going to come back to life too? Tell me whats going on?

kaizer21
04-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Just pretend that the FF characters in KH are the counterparts in the FF series...

All the FF characters in the KH series have their own little stories to deal with...their lives are completely different in the KH series, which is why Cloud had a new wardrobe in the game, and btw, Could worked with Hades, not Sephiroth

Alice
04-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Tidus isnt dead.. *pat*
The whole FF thing where they r alive.. well.. Imagine that time doesnt exist and everyone is alive no matter what... and everything is just what it is... and Sora is travelling through these different times/worlds in search of friends.

These are worlds that have been placed in some kind of eternal continuum ;)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Tidus isnt dead.. *pat*
The whole FF thing where they r alive.. well.. Imagine that time doesnt exist and everyone is alive no matter what... and everything is just what it is... and Sora is travelling through these different times/worlds in search of friends.

These are worlds that have been placed in some kind of eternal continuum ;)

go with alices idea

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Ok. That kinda makes sense. I heard that the people in Traverse Town age by nine years. So does that mean that he goes in the future too? And that donald and Goofy age too?

Alice
04-13-2005, 07:59 AM
I dont know about the whole Traverse Town theory, ive honestly never heard that before, but I think since the darkness is in power and is eating away all the power of the worlds, and everyone is all lost and discombobulated, maybe that doesnt apply?

not to mention sora is the keyblade master and goofy and donald r subjects to the king... im sure they have some protection of some sort right ;)

StarlightAngel
04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
They screwed around with ages and crap so they could stick Final Fantasy characters into different areas randomly. :)

Ouch!
04-13-2005, 09:10 PM
The Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts have absolutely nothing to do with their counterparts from the Final Fantasy games. They have completely different background stories, in most cases a new wardrobe, and are grouped differently. Why else would Yuffie and Aerith be with Leon? Or why would Selphie be with Tidus and Wakka?

Simply put, they were put in there to be familiar faces that would draw Final Fantasy players into the game. If you think about it, half of the Kingdom Hearts fans would have never even given the game a chance if there weren't FF cameos in it.

Kingdom Hearts is not a Final Fantasy game and so the stories don't fit in with each other. Just completely disregard the fact that the Final Fantasy cameos have their own games and pretend they're original characters. It'll make things so much easier.

kaizer21
04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
The Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts have absolutely nothing to do with their counterparts from the Final Fantasy games. They have completely different background stories, in most cases a new wardrobe, and are grouped differently. Why else would Yuffie and Aerith be with Leon? Or why would Selphie be with Tidus and Wakka?

Simply put, they were put in there to be familiar faces that would draw Final Fantasy players into the game. If you think about it, half of the Kingdom Hearts fans would have never even given the game a chance if there weren't FF cameos in it.

Kingdom Hearts is not a Final Fantasy game and so the stories don't fit in with each other. Just completely disregard the fact that the Final Fantasy cameos have their own games and pretend they're original characters. It'll make things so much easier.

that's exactly what i meant, but i guess i didn't phrase it well...but ya, about the traverse town theory, Cid, yuffie, squall (leon), aerith, etc. were there for 9 years, not because it's 9 years in the future...so, when Sora was like 5, that was when Hollow bastian was taken over by Ansem and his heartless, and that's when the FF gang escaped using the gummi ships to traverse town...

TheAbominatrix
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Exactly what Ouch! said. Look at the age differences. Selphie is a child while Squall is all grown up... how could that happen if the events of FFVIII happened? Tidus and Wakka are together even though in FFX they dont meet until they're grown. In FFX, Wakka at that age would be growing up with Chappu, Yuna, and Lulu.

Aerith is alive, and she comes from a world with Cloud, Cid, Yuffie, and Squall. Cloud is a sort of hybrid of himself and Vincent. All of these things make no sense if put in context of the FFVII and FFVIII worlds.

KH is its own universe, and the FF characters that exist there are part of the KH storyline, not their individual FF worlds.

Alice
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
like in the game, there is always another side to another story... hence why the ff characters r in THIS story, maybe KH is all their other story>?

StarlightAngel
04-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Exactly what Ouch! said. Look at the age differences. Selphie is a child while Squall is all grown up... how could that happen if the events of FFVIII happened? Tidus and Wakka are together even though in FFX they dont meet until they're grown. In FFX, Wakka at that age would be growing up with Chappu, Yuna, and Lulu.

Not to mention, Tidus wouldn't be there anyways because he's just a dream.

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Ok. Thanks. I've been wondering about that. Thanks for taking the time for ansering all my questions!!!!!!!!

Alice
04-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Tidus isnt just a dream... why do people think that. Has no one beat FFX2?

Destai
04-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Hes as real as you or I. He was created differently. He was dreamed into existence but once hes being dreamed about theres no difference from him to anyone.

Pouring Rain
04-14-2005, 11:53 PM
I know. And I have beat FFX-2 four times but I have never got the perfect ending. You are right Destai. He was dreamed into existance. Then he was real. After Sin was destroyed, the fayth did not have to dream anymore, and so their dream ended. Thats how Tidus died. Because Yuna is so greatful and the Fayth asked her does she want Him back, she says yes and comes back to life. Its in the perfect or good ending. So Starlight Angel, you are wrong.

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Well, in the context of when he was young, he'd still be a dream. He'd be living in the dream Zanarkand, not in the same existance as Wakka. That's what matters in relation to his existance in KH.

Pouring Rain
04-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Yup!!!!!!!! But what about Auron? He's real but yet her can go to dream Zanarkand? Or maybe the Fayth made it so Auron can go. Or Sin can make that happen. This is all so confusing....

TheAbominatrix
04-15-2005, 12:05 AM
He rode on Sin to get there, but this is really more an FFX question. There are some pretty detailed explinations as to how he got there, check out the FFX forums.

Pouring Rain
04-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah. But does anyone know about any dead people in the other Kingdom Hearts games? And please, please don't have Ansem in your list!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAbominatrix
04-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Ansem wouldnt be alive in KH2, as he died in KH1. Auron and Aerith never died in the universe of KH.

cloud20747
04-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Ansem is not totally dead. He still lives in Riku's heart. Play Chain of Memories

Ouch!
04-16-2005, 03:11 AM
That and there's still his body to deal with. Come on, you can't get rid of the main villain that easily.

Pouring Rain
04-23-2005, 08:12 PM
That's what Im talkin bout!!!!!!!! Wait, Auron didn't enter KH until KH2. How can you even say that he didn't die? Unless you japanese, you cannot say. this little sentance is for you TheAbominatrix

Emerald_Eva
04-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Hmm...I agree with the idea that we should just pretend for Kingdom Hearts's sake that Final Fantasy never happened. Because, I don't remember hearing about any hidden meanings or whatever between the KH series and the FF serieses. So, I dont' think we have to worry about ages and stuff, and you know, stuff like that! Kind of like what we do for Disney. Just pretend the real stories never happened, and fool our brains into thinking that the Disney character's real stories are that of KH. Now, I can't keep the real from the fake, and that makes me sad...heh

Clouded Sky
04-24-2005, 06:56 AM
*rant rant rant* final fantasy characters should have skipped the KH loony bus.

Pouring Rain
04-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Loony Bus? May you please explain?

Skyblade
04-27-2005, 05:01 AM
I just wanted to point out that if I have been following the previews for KHII correctly, Auron is dead. Hades summons him from the Underworld to deal with Sora (fortunately for Sora and company, Auron couldn't care less what Hades tells him to do). If I am mistaken, please let me know. Thank you.

Krag Koopa
04-28-2005, 06:28 AM
Tidus wasnt dead.....he was....a dream...

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I believe we already have figured that out thank you very much Krag Koopa.

Lenna
05-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Auron was in KH? What have I missed. ;s I've played the whole game and I aint seen him about ;S

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 09:59 PM
He's in KH2. Not KH1. I'm not sure about CoM

TurkSlayer
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
He's not in CoM, but it would be cool if he was.

Lenna
05-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Ah. We don't have KH2 here yet I don't think ;S

kaizer21
05-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Ah. We don't have KH2 here yet I don't think ;S

don't worry, it's not out ANYWHERE, which kinda sux. . .
if you go to kh2.co.uk , they have a speculation that KH2 might come out between sept 15 - dec ??. . .

Pouring Rain
05-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Weird. Does www.kingdom-hearts2.com have that kind of data? Thats cool to know. I can't wait till it comes out. I've already put it on my Stuff I Want List...

Skyblade
05-21-2005, 06:03 AM
Weird. Does www.kingdom-hearts2.com have that kind of data? Thats cool to know. I can't wait till it comes out. I've already put it on my Stuff I Want List...

What do you mean "already"? It's been on mine since I played the first one...

Pouring Rain
05-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Lol. I like already asked for it sinse like forever, and all I've been getting is, "I'll get it when it comes out." "When does it come out?". I can't wait!

Skyblade
05-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Well, according to the preview in the current issue of Game Informer, the release date is "Winter"... :)

Pouring Rain
06-01-2005, 11:34 PM
And other people are saying September. Hm.....