PDA

View Full Version : WHEN YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A FANTASY

Y-Rikku-P
04-13-2005, 01:20 PM
OK, we all love them we all have our different favourites and issues with them but I am one of those people who get so involved I think I am in it until one of those moments come when it's hits you hard that it's not just a game it's a fantasy.

Obviously it is all a fantasy, we're not going to be sitting in front of the TV one day shouting at one of the characters dumbass' becuase they've missed a boss and then suddenly we look out of the window by instinct and there's Sin on his way ready to exterminate your town with his spawn.

What I mean though is you get to a point in each game and you think "yeah ok... whatever".

E.G.....

FFVII - Two gorgeous girls in love with the same dweeb who has the same exciting conversation as a spud.
FFVIII - Oh you all knew each other years ago... oh right... and how is it you didn't remember? THE GUARDIANS FORCES! Of course how silly of me to not figure that one out on my own. AND Yeah ok headmaster Cid yeah you got Edea to agree to marry you without drugging her... sure thing.
FFIX - Zidane is from a different world and Kuja is his brother. But wait what about Kuja's tail, oh he tucks under his dress does he. Oh I see know... again how silly of me? And Garnet isn't really Brahne's daughter - shocking!
FFX - Seymour - is it me or is he the love child of Sephiroth and his wife Kuja?
FFX-2 - Yeah like a moron like Wakka could Lulu. Oh so Vegnagun is so powerful a weapon if it was used to do so it could destroy Spira - well why wasn't it used to kill Sin?

Another thing why is it in every game when they go to a place where it's so cold it could freeze the balls off a brass monkey the characters don't look that cold. Look at Rikku in Mount Gagazet - do they make her take her bra off inside so she'll feel the benefit when she gets outside?

Aaahhh... I needed that....

Camanche
04-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Feel better?

FFXII - Yeah like a moron like Wakka could Lulu. Oh so Vegnagun is so powerful a weapon if it was used to do so it could destroy Spira - well why wasn't it used to kill Spira?

I think you mean FFX-2, and Vegnagun wasn't used to destroy Spira because... nobody really WANTED Spira destroyed perhaps? And it was hidden away in case anyone DID want to. And it never existed in the original FFX's plot, if you're asking why it wasn't used/brought up in the first game.

DJZen
04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
VII - Oh yeah, Cloud's hair really makes a lot of sense like that. And I'm sure he can TOTALLY lift that sword.

Or...

Wow, the solar system just regenerated itself....

VIII - Yeah, I'm sure Rinoa is totally in love with Squall. I mean he's been SUCH a good guy to her and says and does nice things all the time. He's TOTALLY a smooth ladies man.

rubah
04-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Actually I thought the 'omp garnet isn't brahne's daughter!' to be more plausible than Garnet actually being her daughter.

I mean. LOOK at them.

sheesh.]

*twitches*

Vyk
04-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Squall was kind of an asshole in the first half or so... Though she did like Seifer, and he's not much better. Typical woman. Don't even bother with the nice guys. Assholes are just your type.

Though for the love-triangle in FF7, they at least had a reason to like Cloud. An impressed childhood friend (like he wanted in the first place), and oh... he seems like my (ex-)boyfriend. I like how they did it too. They weren't pulling at each other's hair. They all three tried to be friends with each other and just let it go naturally. For the stress that COULD have been, it was a very nice atmosphere. Though maybe that's the unrealistic part. I think I'd prefer to be in that situation though than having chicks fighting, especially over me.

I've never been a big fan of Lulu and don't see what everyone thinks is so bombtastic about her, but I can see how she'd be seen as "better" than Wakka. And I agree that is pretty ... unrealistic. Though I guess gothy girls have noticably different tastes in men than your average woman, so it is plausible at least.

As for the thing in X-2 I agree. You can't just suddenly throw in a plot device like that. Not in a sequal anyway.

Y-Rikku-P
04-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Feel better?

I do feel better actually. There is a strange comfort in knowing that there are people out there who, like me, have their cynical, condescending and criticising moments, even if we are a minority.

Snap Jumper
04-14-2005, 05:58 PM
4-You mean to tell me that Cecil, Golbez, and FuSoYa are all related? And, one better, they come from the moon? It's obvious that it's fantasy when the only way to get to the moon is by whale, and lost relatives await there.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, the solar system just regenerated itself....Jenova illusions etc.
FFVII - Two gorgeous girls in love with the same dweeb who has the same exciting conversation as a spud.
VIII - Yeah, I'm sure Rinoa is totally in love with Squall. I mean he's been SUCH a good guy to her and says and does nice things all the time. He's TOTALLY a smooth ladies man.Happens all the time, I'm afraid.

DJZen
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
You killed my jokes..... :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 10:22 PM
use a phoenix down lol

Laguna
04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Cait Sith coming back after the whole Temple of the ancients- I knew it was too good to be true! Why!? Why did he have to come back!?!? *cries*

DJZen
04-15-2005, 02:38 AM
No, stupid. You can't use Pheonix Down on a dead joke! That only works if it dies in battle!

DaremihC
04-15-2005, 07:53 AM
I love it in FF3j when that freakin' huge city rises up from the ocean and, not only is everyone still alive, they don't care?

Big D
04-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Oh so Vegnagun is so powerful a weapon if it was used to do so it could destroy Spira - well why wasn't it used to kill Sin?Vegnagun was too dangerous. It reacted to anger and hostility, lashing out at whatever was being aggressive around it.
Problem is, it just couldn't distinguish friend from foe. A basic design flaw, one that's mentioned in the game.

If they'd tried to use Vegnagun against Sin, Vegnagun would've attacked both Sin and the people running scared from Sin. In the meantime, while Vegnagun was being all dramatic and charging up its Big Extendy Cannon of Doom, Sin would've shot it full of holes, just like it did with the machina cannon during Operation Mi'ihen.

Y-Rikku-P
04-15-2005, 05:08 PM
BUT Seymour was Maester of Bevelle, he would have known about it - he was insane - why didn't he use it???

SeeDRankLou
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Because he followed the teaching of Yevon silly. :tongue:

rubah
04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
He didn't have super X code clearance!

Only the hypello janitors get that sort of clearance.

I mean, *someone* has to clean down there. Bevelle can't be having cobwebs everywhere.

(and it explains why barkeep can go down there too)

Big D
04-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Vegnagun had been locked up for a millennium... it's possible everyone had simply forgotten about it. Heck, it could've been a hundred years or more since anyone even heard of Vegnagun.

Rase
04-17-2005, 06:29 AM
All Final Fantasy - When I turn them on.

DarkLadyNyara
04-19-2005, 03:23 PM
FF II- The Emperor can wipe out whole cities with magic, and yet gets taken out by a bunch of kids? Riiiiiiight. :rolleyes2 Also- Oh, Leon betrayed us and tried to kill us all, but he's on our side now! :mad: No comment.

Croyles
04-24-2005, 08:27 PM
ff games do piss me off sometimes. especially 8 and 9. same thing over and over and over again :blahblah:

Y-Rikku-P
04-28-2005, 12:13 PM
8 got me the most, there were so many twists to the plot I get the sense maybe Square was trying to be TOO clever with the plot.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-28-2005, 12:21 PM
FF II- The Emperor can wipe out whole cities with magic, and yet gets taken out by a bunch of kids? Riiiiiiight. :rolleyes2By the time the party got to the Emperor, they were the rebel army's finest, not a bunch of kids.

DarkLadyNyara
04-28-2005, 03:06 PM
By the time the party got to the Emperor, they were the rebel army's finest, not a bunch of kids.

They are still kids. And he could still wipe out multiple cities, so four people shouldn't have been a problem, rebel army's finest or not. Therefor, my comment stands. :tongue:

Captain Maxx Power
04-28-2005, 08:05 PM
hundreds upon thousands of items, and they put them WHERE exactly? :confused:

DarkLadyNyara
04-28-2005, 08:45 PM
hundreds upon thousands of items, and they put them WHERE exactly
Do we even want to know?

Y-Rikku-P
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
hundreds upon thousands of items, and they put them WHERE exactly? :confused:

Do you know I have never thought of that once I think and yet that is the best point on this thread so far. Well done! :save:

DarkLadyNyara
05-09-2005, 03:13 PM
And don't even get me started on hairstyles.

rubah
05-10-2005, 12:34 AM
yet that is the best point on this thread so far

They use a fat chocobo. FF4 is just the only one lame enough to actually point this out.

Super Christ
05-10-2005, 01:07 AM
And III.

Y-Rikku-P
05-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Except on FFX they don't have a chocobo....

rubah
05-11-2005, 02:06 AM
? sure they do!

Just because it's fat doesn't mean it has to be large enough to not fit in Auron's sake bottle.

Mittopotahis
05-12-2005, 05:06 AM
What I can't understand is how in X, Sin has terrorised for so long, countless armies have been defeated in trying to kill him, and then about 7 random people come along and kill him....ok...

UltimateSpamGrover
05-12-2005, 05:28 AM
FFIV - When Tellah uses one spell (Meteo) that uses upp too much of his power and kills him, and FuSoYa can use the same spell not once, but repeatedly, and doestnt get hurt at all!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Tella and Fusuya are both old guys, but Tella is only human and is much weaker, so he couldn't survive casting Meteor.

Big D
05-12-2005, 10:47 AM
What I can't understand is how in X, Sin has terrorised for so long, countless armies have been defeated in trying to kill him, and then about 7 random people come along and kill him....ok...Because they did something that the rest of Spria had never considered: They tried something new. By combining technology, ingenuity and some insider knowledge about Sin's true nature, they were able to subdue, infiltrate and bring down the powersource of the beast.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Also, a small group of people killing Sin wasn't anything new. In fact, it was prettymuch par for the course; Braska and company were only three men strong.

MJN SEIFER
05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
VIII - Yeah, I'm sure Rinoa is totally in love with Squall. I mean he's been SUCH a good guy to her and says and does nice things all the time. He's TOTALLY a smooth ladies man.

She was the ONLY person he was ever nice to while he was still "colder" if you get my point. So in other words he IS good to her even in his cold moments (E.g. that sceen in deiling after the fight with them 2 monsters - he seams to be looking out for and calming her!)

Cait Sith coming back after the whole Temple of the ancients- I knew it was too good to be true! Why!? Why did he have to come back!?!? *cries
Because he rocks! That's why.

Excelsior
05-13-2005, 07:32 AM
who cares about X-2s loopholes? that game sucked. and people who complain about the GF memory thing are stupid.

DarkLadyNyara
05-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah ok headmaster Cid yeah you got Edea to agree to marry you without drugging her... sure thing.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

KuRt
05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
In ff4, why the HECK did they put a sword called ogre killer in chest that when you open it you fight 3 ogres and later on there will never be anymore ogres..?

Y-Rikku-P
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
people who complain about the GF memory thing are stupid.

why?

MJN SEIFER
05-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Because it's a good stoyline!

Y-Rikku-P
05-23-2005, 10:07 AM
hmmmm.... not really, i didn't buy it for one minute

RedCydranth
05-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Whern I come upon a situation where there seems no way that its plausible or even close to real I realize that none of this is on earth, but on another planet and what they do IS plausible there.

DarkLadyNyara
05-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh, here's another one- the world maps.

Excelsior
05-24-2005, 07:26 AM
why?

because it actually made sense, the only reason you dont like it is because you hate the game and so your committed to not liking everything about it.

Y-Rikku-P
05-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm not committed to hating everything about it, the first 2 discs of the game are amazing and I have nothing bad to say about the storyline, graphics, characters at that point. It wasn't until we got to the whole orphanage, GF's take our memories extravaganza that it went downhill for me. The fact that you are calling people stupid for disliking something or having an opinion is ludicrous.

What about the World Maps? Beacuse they are all mostly the exact same in every game?

Craig
05-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Because they don't make sense. I don't know about you, but if I travelled to the North Pole and walked up a little more I wouldn't end up in the South Pole.

boris no no
05-25-2005, 05:02 PM
in FFVI when you're running from figaro castle and use fire. edgar and locke poo themselves yet.....you can use magic way before that point in front of locke as well!! did they go blind??

KuRt
05-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I believe it was Edgar who figured that out, Locke just didn´t pay attention before becausehe was staring at Terra´s butt

DarkLadyNyara
05-25-2005, 06:42 PM
It wasn't until we got to the whole orphanage, GF's take our memories extravaganza that it went downhill for me.
Yeah, same here.

I don't know about you, but if I travelled to the North Pole and walked up a little more I wouldn't end up in the South Pole.
My thoughts exactly.

Big D
05-25-2005, 11:15 PM
I've never seen an FF world map where there's both a north pole and a south pole. Usually, they only have one frozen landmass - and it's generally in the north.

Craig
05-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Yes, now imagine you go there, and then walk up a little North. Where would you end up? The South most point of the planet? I don't think so.

Y-Rikku-P
05-26-2005, 12:05 PM
So what you are saying is both North and South should be frozen if they are only steps from each other?

Ko Ko
05-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh... my god. I was thinking about this the other day.

FFVII - Cloud is about as handsome as a peice of toast. I can see Aeris loving him, but Tifa? Come on, people.

FFX - Lulu would despise Wakka's personality with a burning passion. Personally, I find him charming. But that's just me, I am not Lulu. She is very stoic and would probably find his happy go lucky nature rather intimidating.

FFVI - Oh please. Like some opera house whore can be mimicked even in signature voice by an augmented general. Sure.

Craig
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
So what you are saying is both North and South should be frozen if they are only steps from each other?

What I'm saying is it is impossible to go to the North of a Planet and then somehow appear in the South. Like you do in the games on the World Map. If I travelled to the North most point and then took a couple more steps, I'd still be at the North, unlike the Characters of FF, who somehow manage to be at the bottom of map.

DMKA
05-26-2005, 06:57 PM
When I turn on the game.

KuRt
05-26-2005, 07:20 PM
How the hell can Quina hold his/her tongue out of her mouth all the time without it drying!?
Just try to kep your tongue out of your mouth for one day

DarkLadyNyara
05-26-2005, 07:36 PM
How the hell can Quina hold his/her tongue out of her mouth all the time without it drying!?
Hell, one minute

rubah
05-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Obviously quina has extra glands in their tongue.

Or it's just habit from living in such a wet environment, and really, Quina goes through every day, suffering excruciating suffering.

Y-Rikku-P
05-27-2005, 02:02 AM

Another excellent point! :save:

Big D
05-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Quina's not human, so Quina's tongue doesn't conform to the same rules that govern human tongues.

Dogs, for instance, can scamper around for hours with their tongues out.

Quina clearly has different physiological quirks when compared to humans.

Ko Ko
05-27-2005, 04:56 AM
Quina's tongue is mock.

My name is...something..?
05-28-2005, 09:24 AM
When every character had perfect hair, no matter what they go through.

KuRt
05-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Quina didn´t have hair :eek:

Craig
05-28-2005, 10:15 AM
I bet Quina had a super fly Afro under that hat.

KuRt
05-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Bet the afro was colouRed red/yellow/green stripes..