PDA

View Full Version : BIG problem

Spiffing Cheese
04-13-2005, 04:29 PM
I just decided to replay FFVII and I got to the first save point, saved, and carried on. But wait - when I got to the 2nd save point, when I went to save, it said the file I saved on was empty! I checked this several times, and I can't work out what's wrong! Help!

Levian
04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
You didn't really save, now did you?

Besides, what do you need that save file for? You're already at another save point. Just save again.

Flying Mullet
04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
So make a new save, unless you were really partial to your old save for some reason.

Also, does your memory card have more than one "page"? I have a memory card that has 15 "pages" so that I can have roughly 225 save spots. The way that I change "pages" is by holding start and then pressing L1 or R1. I was reseting FFVII by pressing start, select and R1 and L1 or whatever, but along with reseting the game it was changing my page as well, so it appeared that my data was being lost. Hope that makes sense.

Spiffing Cheese
04-13-2005, 04:35 PM
You didn't really save, now did you?

Besides, what do you need that save file for? You're already at another save point. Just save again.

I did save, because I tried seve
ral times. I think maybe my memory card is bust. Every time I save, the file disappears.

Also, does your memory card have more than one "page"? I have a memory card that has 15 "pages" so that I can have roughly 225 save spots. The way that I change "pages" is by holding start and then pressing L1 or R1. I was reseting FFVII by pressing start, select and R1 and L1 or whatever, but along with reseting the game it was changing my page as well, so it appeared that my data was being lost. Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure... but my brother just turned the PS2 off so I can't check. Now I think all my data's gone. :mad2:

EDIT: I just checked, and my save file isn't there. I think I should get a new memory card.

Brian The Pink Shark
04-13-2005, 05:08 PM
FF7 doesnt show that your memory card is full, any file that does not have an FF7 game save on it will be counted as empty by the game, check to see if your card has enough space and try saving again :choc:

Spiffing Cheese
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
The card has nothing else on it...

Razo
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Yup, this happened to me and it brings back painful memories. I remember playing through FFVII the first time, getting up to Gaea's Cliff, saving, and, :(, I pretty much had to start the game again. And THEN, when i got to Northern Crater, My memory card screwed up again!!! grrr, anger. So i, unfortunately, ended up buying a new memory card..

Spiffing Cheese
04-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Maybe it's cause I don't have a Sony one...

Squall of SeeD
04-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Maybe it's cause I don't have a Sony one...

That's not the problem. Mine's by MadKatz, is 7 years old, and is the same Memory Card I used when I first played the game. It still works fine, though. You may just have a buggy one. It happens even with the Sony Memory Cards sometimes. My condolences.

sephiroth JR
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
same here ive had my memory card since i was 3 and it still works fine and thats just a normal sony one

-N-
04-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Have you held your memory card near an electric or magnetic field recently? :p

Levian
04-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Or have you held your memory card near a bulldozer recently? Like for instance under it?

Shoden
04-14-2005, 11:25 PM
any exposure to heavy Ultraviolet rays
Hydrogen Oxide spilled on it? cat piss?

took long breaks between use?
ever used it on PS1?

sorry i felt like doing this

very strange never happened to me

Spiffing Cheese
04-15-2005, 04:12 PM
It was a new memory card since I lost my old one and I'd never used it before.

Shoeberto
04-15-2005, 10:26 PM
any exposure to heavy Ultraviolet rays
Hydrogen Oxide spilled on it?
*hydroxide.

Wouldn't be suprised if it's just a bad card. And the only time you're pretty much required to have a Sony-branded card is on the PS2, since it uses that proprietary Heaven's Gate technology.

I mean Magic Gate. Whatever.