PDA

View Full Version : The Hall of Fame Committee

Pages : [1] 2

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Considering there's a somewhat interest in a Committee to be formed, I guess it should be appropriate to start creating the committee for a Hall of Fame for EoFF.

The Hall of Fame Committee's job is to oversee selections to join a Hall of Fame for EoFF to honor members for their achievements, (Including Ciddies won, Competitions won and/or hosted, and EoFF-related projects) and/or the impact they have made on the forums and/or chatroom (#eoff). The committee's duty is to vote on members who were nominated (suggested through one of the Committee's leaders: Agent Proto, edczxcvbnm, and Raistlin). A member with at least two-thirds of the committee's votes will be passed on so the Staff can decide whether or not the Committee Approved member is "Hall of Fame" worthy.

If any members fail to reach the required two-thirds minimum votes, but have at least 4 votes in favor, they will be in consideration until passed or fails to get 4 votes. If any members fail to get 4 votes, they will be dropped from consideration.

------

In simpler tone. This is what will be going on with the "voting process."

•You PM me, edc, or Raistlin your suggestion for the Hall of Fame.
•Whenever the committee meets together, they vote on suggestions received via PM.
•Committee votes. 6 votes required to pass.
x = 6 or more - Passed
x = 4 or 5 - Failed, yet still considered
x = 3 or less - Failed and dropped.
•When passed, the Committee PMs the staff with Committee Approved Members and the staff votes whether or not the member is worthy for the Hall of Fame. The staff then can decide whether to include a "Lifetime Achievement Award" for the Ciddies or just induct them in the Hall of Fame.
•If approved, member is inducted into the Hall of Fame.

This is going to be a long process. So it may take awhile.

------

The Committee is still in the early process of creating, but we will need members. The Committee will comprise a total of 9 members (which will mean that a member will need at least 6 votes to be passed).

You are free to apply, but edc, Raist, and I will privately select who should join us. To be accepted, you need to have at least recently gained your Custom Title, and must be a member since spring of 2002, considering we already have three members who join EoFF before then. So, we're looking for a variety of members to join the committee.

To apply, just say that you're interested in joining, and be sure that you are really interested. If you're not interested, feel free to post what's on your mind.

Remember, edczxcvbnm, Raistlin, and I will be privately selecting who joins us from the applications this thread will get.

------

Holy crap. Almost already a year since this was originally posted. Anyway, we have new members, and we'll be on way to getting nominations. Send me a PM nominating anyone you would like to see in the Hall of Fame.

Flying Mullet
04-13-2005, 04:47 PM
So are the failed votes like other hall of fames in the sense that after failing to be selected after four different nominations they are dropped forever?

theundeadhero
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm always willing to commit time to EOFF.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 05:00 PM
So are the failed votes like other hall of fames in the sense that after failing to be selected after four different nominations they are dropped forever?

Yeah, but the number of nominations may be dropped to two. .

boris no no
04-13-2005, 05:17 PM
will only certain members be able to be on this commitee? what i mean to say is that only members that everyone knows, or can we small fry apply as well?
if so i don't mind helping! it's something to do :love: :D :love:

Flying Mullet
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Sorry, but only people with the letter 'a' in their user name can be on the commitee, except for ed. But I can't explain why he's on the commitee here becuase this is a family forum.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Stop messing with them. As stated, anyone is free to apply, but we'll be only accepting six, because of the limit to nine members the committee will have. We already have three, being Raistlin, ed, and me.

boris no no
04-13-2005, 05:40 PM
:p i have an invisible a! :tongue:
well i offer to help. :cool:

Heath
04-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm interested, seems like an interesting idea. And I wouldn't mind helping out with it.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
As always, we're open to new ideas on how we can work this. This is after-all a volunteer thing, and if you have an idea tell us in this thread thread.

Psychotic
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
You, Raist and ed run this joint? And there was me hoping it wouldn't be an oldbie thing. Should have known. :rolleyes2

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
You, Raist and ed run this joint? And there was me hoping it wouldn't be an oldbie thing. Should have known. :rolleyes2

We'll be the only three "olbies" in the committee. That does not mean this'll be an oldbie thing.

edczxcvbnm
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM

*nomiates Psychotic for Hall of Shame*
:D

Psychotic
04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
*nomiates Psychotic for Hall of Shame*
:DYES! My lifelong ambition! I knew trolling you HoF people would achieve me my goal!

I just wanna thank my mother, my father, my lawyer and my circus trainer for making this happen. :love:

JC2
04-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I've been here for almost two months, maybe even longer. Have I ever spoken? No. Give me an award. Now.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM
So far, (likely) volunteers who would like to join consists of the following.

Maxico (by other thread)
Sepho (by other thread)
theundeadhero
boris no no
Heath

Please continue to apply. We will be privately selecting who will join the committee. When we have the nine members filled, I'll announce the members, and we may continue to use this thread for ideas from others for us to consider.

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Actually, Proto and I discussed this yesterday. On the Committee, we're going to try to have a pretty good range of members:

4 members from 8 months(custom title) to 2 years
5 members from 2 years +

We can't have any true newbies at the time, because they haven't shown a genuine interest in EoFF yet, so we figured the cut off should be custom title(8 months).

Psychotic
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
As I said to Proto, I won't pass any more judgment on the Committee until the members are announced, and that won't necessarily be negative and probably won't be if your intentions are as true as you say.

Two minor points though:
If they need to have a custom title, where does boris no no (mentioned by Proto) stand?
Why are there more members from 2+ years than 8 months-2 years? It's not a criticism, it's a question. I just find it odd is all, especially as there are MANY more EoFF members who fall into the first category.

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I did say anyone is free to apply, but we'll be privately selecting who'll eventually be a member of the committee. After all, it's a volunteer thing.

I have discussed things with BoB regarding staff involvement, because I planned that members will have to go through the committee and staff before getting inducted, and he suggested that we should accept any members regardless of status, including staff as well.

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Two minor points though:
If they need to have a custom title, where does boris no no (mentioned by Proto) stand?
If she hasn't been here 8 months, then I'd say no. But maybe that's just me. However, I don't know if the 8-month prerequisite has been completely finalized, yet.

Why are there more members from 2+ years than 8 months-2 years? It's not a criticism, it's a question. I just find it odd is all, especially as there are MANY more EoFF members who fall into the first category.
The main reason, actually, is that 9 was the number selected before it was determined how it was to be divided up, and then when it was cut in half, I rounded up to the older members because they are more likely to have more direct knowledge of the people most likely to be nominated for the Hall of Fame.
However, that number is not set in stone, and is subject to change.

Just chill a little, man. Even though I'm all "newbies suck," I do that more because that's what people expect of me than because I actually dislike newbies. :p
My principals of fairness overweigh my own alleged elitism.

Psychotic
04-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Just chill a little, man.BLOODY HELL I AM GODAMNED CHILLED! I AM THE CHILLDEST CHILLER THAT EVER CHILLED YOU smurfING smurfER!

No in all seriousness, you have my blessings. I am not an opponent to this, I was concerned is all, and my concerns have been addressed. Thank you, and good luck. :roll:

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Besides, every nine members in the committee will have equal saying.

Let's see whether we'll have more volunteers for the committee.

Loony BoB
04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
If it's a hall of fame thing, I don't see the harm in having more older members at all, in fact one could encourage it as they would have more knowledge of what has happened over the years. I do encourage newbies to get involved, but someone who has no idea what has happened over the past many years wouldn't really have a decent opinion over who should and should not be in a historic hall of fame.

Having said that, it should be more about activity than oldbie-ness. Taking example from the older thread on this, I'd have Neel over Chef because Neel has been far more active over a long period of time than Chef has been.

Diversity is a good thing, but knowledge is also a strong point to keep in mind. I think it should be a combination of time and activity that makes someone valuable to the hall of fame, and then obviously fairness with judgement, too.

I would consider applying but I understand you already have enough pre-2002 members. xP

Flying Mullet
04-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Plus you don't have an 'a' in your name.

edczxcvbnm
04-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Not if your Canadian. Loon-ay BoB :laugh:

-N-
04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
If it's a hall of fame thing, I don't see the harm in having more older members at all, in fact one could encourage it as they would have more knowledge of what has happened over the years. I do encourage newbies to get involved, but someone who has no idea what has happened over the past many years wouldn't really have a decent opinion over who should and should not be in a historic hall of fame.
]Diversity is a good thing, but knowledge is also a strong point to keep in mind. I think it should be a combination of time and activity that makes someone valuable to the hall of fame, and then obviously fairness with judgement, too.

Well, since this thing actually seems like it's going to get off the ground, I think I'll try and support it. Keep in mind I'm still highly skeptical about the entire thing, as has no doubt been noticed in the other thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=59966). But this is a democracy, and I don't hate, so I'll provide whatever input I can.

That being said, I'd like to see a larger committee. I agree with BoB's argument about having older members serving on the committee because they have more experience about what goes on around here, but I also agree with Psy's implications (and my earlier accusations) that this will simply turn out to be an oldbie orgasm. Given the strata that you're dividing the committee into, it still restricts the diversity of the committee too much. I'm not saying get 30 people, just 3 more would probably suffice. Since you already have 3 people pre-2002, why not 3 people pre-2003, 3 pre-2004, 3 pre-2005? Even if they aren't past your set 8-month custom rank mark, you are the executive decision makers, aren't you? Can't you decide on allowing a newbie in? And if you do allow newbies in, it provides them incentive to stay around longer.

Having said that, it should be more about activity than oldbie-ness. Taking example from the older thread on this, I'd have Neel over Chef because Neel has been far more active over a long period of time than Chef has been.
:D! However, I've been here since March 2001, which renders me ineligible to serve on the committee, since they already have 3 pre-2002 people already (and they are the executives, how about that). :rolleyes: Although it would be nice to give back to the boards in some other manner than copious amounts of spam, I guess I'll have to wait. :)

Old Manus
04-13-2005, 09:38 PM
'Committee'... It sounds so mysterious.

Will joining involve a lot of work/being regularly online? I won't say I've been here long, but a long look at the archives has given me an image of the madness prior to my signing up.

XxSephirothxX
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd be interested in helping, but I haven't been around since Spring of '02, and won't be getting my Custom Title for a little under a month. But then Boris no no's been around an even shorter amount of time than me, so does that mean I can still apply? Confusing. Anyway, if I can...

*Throws hat into the ring*

Levian
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Diversity is a good thing, but knowledge is also a strong point to keep in mind. I think it should be a combination of time and activity that makes someone valuable to the hall of fame, and then obviously fairness with judgement, too.

No. Diversity is not a good thing. Knowledge, however, is. I'm just saying that the commitee needs various elements to work. A group of nazi's aren't going to pick a jew to the hall of fame.

I'd also like to continue a discussion from the other thread:

That's why we're trying to get as big a range as possible. No, it's not going to be perfectly representative, but if we get the ranges, that'll work. Plus, if we wanted to be TRULY representative, then we'd have to include 5-day-old newbies who have two posts and don't know who Cid is. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Of course we have to draw the line somewhere, and getting it 100% representative is just ridiculous, because it's impossible to go through with. BUT, however, the selection won't be representative for the forums at all. Becaaaaaause the commitee is chosen by three people, and then the ones who'll enter the hall of fame will be representative for the views on those three commitee members.

But a lot of things in the world aren't representative, so that's not so important. I just wanted to contradict you. :cool:

Agent Proto
04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
'Committee'... It sounds so mysterious.

Will joining involve a lot of work/being regularly online? I won't say I've been here long, but a long look at the archives has given me an image of the madness prior to my signing up.

No, not at all. After all, we'll only be meeting when it comes to meeting to vote on members when it comes to the process to induct members to a hall of fame for EoFF.

And Levian, we're not nazis. I'll make sure that we have a good diversity of members, who's also knowledgeable, but it heavily depends on who wants to volunteer.

If we gather plenty of volunteers, it'll take us probably longer to select the remaining members of the committee from the volunteers.

Old Manus
04-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh, cool. I put myself forward for selection.

Levian
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
And Levian, we're not nazis. I'll make sure that we have a good diversity of members, who's also knowledgeable, but it heavily depends on who wants to volunteer.

I'm not accusing you of being nazi's, I was just making an example. A group of jews wouldn't choose a nazi to the hall of fame either. :greenie: Anyway, good luck with everything.

Raistlin
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
It's not first-come, first-serve, guys. We're going to decide from all the people who volunteer - not just the first ones.

And I love BooB. :love:

Kirobaito
04-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, sure, I'll apply. Don't have much else to do.

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Let's get some more volunteers before we can start selecting members. So far, we've got nine members (those who have expressed some interest) who wants to join.

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Given the strata that you're dividing the committee into, it still restricts the diversity of the committee too much. I'm not saying get 30 people, just 3 more would probably suffice. Since you already have 3 people pre-2002, why not 3 people pre-2003, 3 pre-2004, 3 pre-2005? Even if they aren't past your set 8-month custom rank mark, you are the executive decision makers, aren't you? Can't you decide on allowing a newbie in? And if you do allow newbies in, it provides them incentive to stay around longer.
I think that's a good idea. 9 People doesn't seem like quite enough to me. But, then again, it depends on how many members actually are interested in joining this thing, and how many of them would be positive additions to the committe.

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 12:52 AM
If we get more volunteers, we may go with Neel's idea. We haven't decided on everything yet, but let's wait till we get more volunteers interested.

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 12:58 AM
9 people was a completely arbitrary number, and subject to change. :p

We'll accept as many good people as we can, while maintaining diversity, with a slight majority going to the 2+ years members.

Sepho
04-14-2005, 01:00 AM
I like the feedback and level of interest this is generating. I mentioned it in the other thread, and see that you saw it, but I'll sign up for consideration to be a committee member. I'm always looking for ways to contribute.

Trumpet Thief
04-14-2005, 01:05 AM
chaos: If you can fit me in, then sure, I'll volunteer. :D

Rubedo: Seems like something fun to help out in anyways.

Caspian
04-14-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm interested.

Skogs
04-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Is more oldbie self-congratulation/popularity contests really what these forums need?

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 01:16 AM
It's not a popularity contest - I'll damn well make sure of that.

Really, I view it as more of just a fun thing for some members to do.

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Indeed... It has nothing to do with popularity or contests.

Masamune·1600
04-14-2005, 01:52 AM
As I noted earlier by PM, I'm interested.

boris no no
04-14-2005, 01:55 AM
well i still put myself forward. but as mentioned before as i have not been here for 8 months many do not feel i should.
i find this unfair as many have become popular in less a time.
should you not have those that do not know everyone so not to be bias?

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 02:01 AM
well i still put myself forward. but as mentioned before as i have not been here for 8 months many do not feel i should.

I don't think that's really true. First off, being popular shouldn't have anything to do with it...and secondly, it's been made fairly clear that those were just initial guidelines and are still very flexible, and I think these guys are responsible enough to not instantly discount a member such as yourself for your relative newness.

Trumpet Thief
04-14-2005, 02:03 AM
chaos: *Is still interested in helping out*

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Well, we've received a bunch of applications from members who have joined within the last 8 months, so we may include a few of them in the committee.

eestlinc
04-14-2005, 02:11 AM
isn't this the point of Former Staff and Recognized Member groups?

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Former Staff is only a title one may get after they have served the EoFF Staff. The Recognized Member is a "title" for members. This is similar to a "Lifetime Achievement Award," or a way to highlight any member from EoFF. There will be no way that anyone in the "hall of fame" will get a special rank on the forums. They'll just be in the hall of fame.

edczxcvbnm
04-14-2005, 02:25 AM
isn't this the point of Former Staff and Recognized Member groups?

Hell NO! To be a RM you actually have to be good. A RM can lose the title. There are plenty of members here who are not good that have had a great impact.

boris no no
04-14-2005, 03:03 AM

I don't think that's really true. First off, being popular shouldn't have anything to do with it...and secondly, it's been made fairly clear that those were just initial guidelines and are still very flexible, and I think these guys are responsible enough to not instantly discount a member such as yourself for your relative newness.
:) :) :) :)
well i still offer to help.
i do not have ideas on hand, but may well do. :cool:

Heath
04-14-2005, 07:33 AM

Was going to say something similar myself. Besides, there are probably about 20+ people without custom ranks that are more popular than myself, which suits me fine.

Rusty
04-14-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm interested! :)

theundeadhero
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
4 members from 8 months(custom title) to 2 years
5 members from 2 years +
Where would I fall in? I was active Oct 01- Nov 02. Then wasn't really active again until Sep 04- current.

-N-
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM
n00b! :p

I have no idea, actually.

Is more oldbie self-congratulation/popularity contests really what these forums need?
If you guys can evade this stigma, I'd be happy to support you as much as I can. Otherwise, it looks like I'll have to throw my votes towards The Hall of Infamy. Never mind that I don't even know what the hell they're even doing over there... :shifty: :D

Loony BoB
04-14-2005, 11:06 AM
First things first, I'd imagine that this won't have too much to do with popularity. People get confused about stuff like that quite easily. Take Dr Unne for example. Now, people might start saying "Oh, look, Mr. Popular getting in on things again." But that's not the case. Look at why the people are popular. That's why they'd be getting into the hall of fame. Because of what they've done. Dr Unne is easily one of (if not the) most well known members here because of the time and effort he has put towards all sorts of areas of Eyes on Final Fantasy. It's not the popularity that got him the recognition, it's the work he did. People would be wise to not cry out when people like ff babe don't make the cut but people like Dr Unne do. ff babe never did crap for EoFF aside from starting a few inside jokes and giving us a laugh. Any member can do that. A hall of fame, as far as I know, would be for the members who have actually done stuff for EoFF on some level.

I can't see how someone can complain about self-congratulation when the self-congratulation is earned by hard work. If you want self-congratulation, YOU put in the hard yards. I for one love to give myself a pat on the back when I do something for EoFF. I do it because it makes me feel good, why else? Maybe I'm one of the few people who actually gets satisfaction out of doing stuff for other people, but the pat on the back that I give myself is because of that satisfaction. If you're happy to sit on the sidelines, there's nothing wrong with that, but complaining about not getting recognition when you haven't done anything to deserve it is kind of crap.

Just my thoughts.

Also, I don't think staff should be getting involved in this unless they want to and nobody, until recently, has even mentioned this in a serious way in the staff forum. I have discussed it with Proto but at that point nothing was set in stone, and I strongly suggested that staff not be an official part of this unofficial hall of fame. If they WANT to, so be it, but as far as I know there are a lot of staffers who don't want to be a part of this and I for one do not see the point in forcing them to be. Just keep it to the committee - this is an unofficial thing, after all, much like the Wiki.

theundeadhero
04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Hell NO! To be a RM you actually have to be good. A RM can lose the title. There are plenty of members here who are not good that have had a great impact.Agreed.

Also, what will it take to be a hall of famer. Basically, can anyone from the past 5 years make it, or do you have to be currently active since now is when the hall of fame is starting up? What will the qualifications be to get into it? So far it's that you have to contribute to EOFF, but how do we decide who has done enough?

Skogs
04-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I would have though that the hard work and the end product of that would be reward enough in itself. Aren't Ciddies, the Wiki, various other awards and competitions already enough of a legacy to the hard work put in?

Anyway, I've made my point and don't want to be a troll, so this is probably the last you'll hear from me on the subject.

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, perhaps this isn't what Proto had in mind when he brought up the idea of a Hall of Fame, but I was thinking above and beyond just awarding people for years of "adding" to EoFF. We could highlight specific events that were extremely special in EoFF history, which could possibly be due to the actions of one or so members who would get the credit--but this doesn't mean we're just rewarding members for their actions. Maybe this could just be done through the Wiki, but I think a Hall of Fame Committe is certainly worth a shot. Maybe it'll turn out to be great, and make some of the history of EoFF more readily accessible to newbies, and honor some special memers in the process. And if that isn't the goal of this thing...then damn. :D

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I send Lev my nominations. I seriously thought Super Monkey Wanker was number one on this list until I found Mystic Booger.

EDIT: Scratch that, wrong thread. xD The titles are a little bit too similar.
Hahahahahahahahaha xD

Anyway, I agree completely with Daniel. *snuggles*

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 09:47 PM
I find it amusing that the 'unnoficial' thread is getting more attention.

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
This one's unofficial too. *smack*

Oh, and more good people need to volunteer.

Flying Mullet
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh, and more good people need to volunteer.
What's wrong with the people that already have volunteered?

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I didn't say anything about the people that have already volunteered. I just want more people to volunteer, and I don't want to shift through bad people. :p

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
By 'unnoficial' I meant 'looks like a bit of a joke'. *rubs face*

Am I not good enough for you?

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Nope.

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Right. I go with the 'we need better volunteers' claim then.

Heath
04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Other thread's more spammy than this one.

Sadly that one will almost always get more attention than this one.

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
xD

Psychotic
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Other thread's more spammy than this one.What are you talking about? Every post has been on topic, unlike this thread. Some people are just jealous. :rolleyes2

Apollo
04-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Other thread's more spammy than this one.What are you talking about? Every post has been on topic, unlike this thread. Some people are just jealous. :rolleyes2
You tell 'em psy!

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 10:10 PM
We're just at the moment of gaining volunteers that we'll hope will be part of the 9+ members of the committee. Once things are settled, we'll decide on how we're going to work things out. Like, are we going to have staff participation when it comes to inducting members to the Hall of Fame?

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 10:11 PM
No, we won't. That's already been covered, Proto. :p

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 10:13 PM
:p

Just saying. And I find it funny that Psy and co. and comparing this and their hall of infamy to the elections. xD

Psychotic
04-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Just saying. And I find it funny that Psy and co. and comparing this and their hall of infamy to the elections. xDI didn't compare anything to anything. Don't put words into my mouth please. I don't resort to dirty tricks like this, so neither should you. :mad2:

PS: It's not the election, it's more: People with common sense vs Oldbies. At least Ace wasn't oldbie dominated ;)

Rye
04-14-2005, 10:26 PM
I find it funny that mudslinging really isn't going on in the other thread, but it is here.

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, perhaps this isn't what Proto had in mind when he brought up the idea of a Hall of Fame, but I was thinking above and beyond just awarding people for years of "adding" to EoFF. We could highlight specific events that were extremely special in EoFF history, which could possibly be due to the actions of one or so members who would get the credit--but this doesn't mean we're just rewarding members for their actions. Maybe this could just be done through the Wiki, but I think a Hall of Fame Committe is certainly worth a shot. Maybe it'll turn out to be great, and make some of the history of EoFF more readily accessible to newbies, and honor some special memers in the process. And if that isn't the goal of this thing...then damn. :D

Exactly what I was originally thinking. :) Couldn't have word it any better.

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Just saying. And I find it funny that Psy and co. and comparing this and their hall of infamy to the elections. xDI didn't compare anything to anything. Don't put words into my mouth please. I don't resort to dirty tricks like this, so neither should you. :mad2:

PS: It's not the election, it's more: People with common sense vs Oldbies. At least Ace wasn't oldbie dominated ;)
But you don't fit into either of those categories...

Psychotic
04-14-2005, 10:43 PM
But you don't fit into either of those categories...NO WAY! I'M AN OLDBIE! LOL EZBOARD WAS TEH BESTS EVER! MAN WEHN BLEYZ AND BRITTZ AND TEH SCOTTIEZ WERE LIEK ADMINS EoFF WAS GR8EST EVARRRRRRR WTF TO HEL WITH ANYONE WHO DIDN'T JOIN BEFORE 2001!!!!!! :rolleyes2

Apollo
04-14-2005, 10:47 PM
xD

Raistlin
04-14-2005, 11:51 PM
But you don't fit into either of those categories...NO WAY! I'M AN OLDBIE! LOL EZBOARD WAS TEH BESTS EVER! MAN WEHN BLEYZ AND BRITTZ AND TEH SCOTTIEZ WERE LIEK ADMINS EoFF WAS GR8EST EVARRRRRRR WTF TO HEL WITH ANYONE WHO DIDN'T JOIN BEFORE 2001!!!!!! :rolleyes2
*2000 :p

Agent Proto
04-15-2005, 01:41 AM
Well, any more volunteers?

-N-
04-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Don't beg too hard, Proto. Otherwise you might have to let me-n-BoB on. :D

Raistlin
04-15-2005, 02:14 AM
I <i>asked</i> BooB to join. :p

Agent Proto
04-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Anyway, of the twelve applications we've received, we have approved of four of them. We would like more applications to come so we can fill up the minimum 9 members.

Agent Proto
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
It's been a few days without any new volunteers, so using what the three of us think about the members requesting to join, here is the list of members of the Hall of Fame Committee

I'll list in chronological order.

<b><u>The Eyes on Final Fantasy Hall of Fame Committee</b></u>

Raistlin
Jojo (Monkey)
Agent Proto
edczxcvbnm
CloudDragon
Kirobaito (Walker Texas Ranger)
theundeadhero
Sepho
Trumpet Thief
<strike>Azar*
Boris no no*</strike>

While it hasn't been finalized yet, it may not be necessary for the staff to be required to finalize any approved members that the Committee approve to be inducted into the hall of fame, but if things go as planned, that may change if the staff agree to at least provide some assistance in order to induct members to a hall of fame.

boris no no
04-17-2005, 11:10 PM
wow. that wasn't expected at all.
hopefully i will do the best i can! even though i've only been a member for 4 months (i think) i'll try and use all my limited knowledge to help out. :)

XxSephirothxX
04-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Okay, well, seeing as how this thing actually appears like it's going to happen, I have a few questions.
1) Is there any plan for when we're going to start nominating people for various things?
2) Is this going to be endorsed by the staff--basically, will it be a thread marked "Important," or placed up at the top of the forum like the Wiki, Album, etc?
3) Any plans to add more members if they apply?

Agent Proto
04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
I'll answer the questions, but others, including Raistlin and the staff, will probably have a different idea from me.

1) Everyone is free to nominate anyone for the hall of fame, it is the committee's job, using several criterias.
2) Hopefully, it will. I don't know for sure, but Raistlin told me that several staffers like the idea. Maybe the thread will get a sticky, maybe it won't, that's up to the staff to decide.
3) Of course, 9 members is the starting point for the committee. Depending on what happens in the future, we may replace members, or add several more.

CloudDragon
04-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Happy to be aboard, and I like the variety and not just limiting it to people who joined before Spring 2002.

Sepho
04-18-2005, 01:06 AM
I have a few ideas in mind, and I'll have to sit down and elaborate on them sometime in the next couple days. I haven't been as active in the last week or so as I usually am, because I have a 12-page paper due tomorrow, but the year is winding down and I should have all sorts of free time soon enough.

Edit: In the mean time, you can all feel free to use any or all of my IM contact info and add me to whatever lists you want.

Agent Proto
04-18-2005, 03:33 AM
Ok, some bad or good news. Raistlin and I, through Raist's staunch reasoning, boris no no has been dropped in favor of theundeadhero, and Azar will be replaced by Jojo. This replacement process will be finalized when boris and Azar acknowledges the decision.

Raistlin
04-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Any complaints about removal or new members or the selection process as a whole can be sent to me.

Basically, the 8-month rule is there for a reason. We want members who will already have their own memories, opinions, and perceptions about the members and situations we will be discussing. No offence to Boris, but there is the worry that if the member is too new, they will not have their own perceptions, and instead we will have to give them ours in order for them to come to a decision - and in that case, their vote will be redundant at best, and based off of heresay and rumor at worst. We want as diverse a selection team as possible, while making sure as best we can that every member of the committee will have the knowledge necessary to come to an informed decision without too much second-hand information.

Jojee
04-18-2005, 04:10 AM
*pops in* Wezly asked me to join and I didn't really read much of the thread but hi :p What's up?

-N-
04-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Well then since I disagree with most people on most things, sign me up. :p

CloudDragon
04-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Yay another 2001 guy!

Old Manus
04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, well done to everyone who got in.

boris no no
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
:-/ i can understand where you're coming from. but even though i am new havn't i done a reasonable amount in that time?
organise a meet up in the UK
the fluffy pink party
.....well the list dosn't seem long when you look at it.
but anyways.
well done to jojo and theundeadhero :)

Levian
04-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Well, at least you're still a member of the Hall of Infamy committee, boris no no. :) The committee that doesn't treat people different. ;)

boris no no
04-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Well, at least you're still a member of the Hall of Infamy committee, boris no no. :) The committee that doesn't treat people different. ;)
*hugs*

theundeadhero
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
*Slightly surprised I made it*

Just let me know when nominations are put it and I'll put it to the vote. I'll also consider some if thats a part of our job too.

Psychotic
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Hey wow, Raistlin's whining actually worked on something? It's a good job Proto's not on staff, or he'd be begging for mercy right about now. :p

YAY ELITISM FOR THE WIN! ALL HAIL OLDBIES!

CloudDragon
04-18-2005, 06:48 PM

Yeah, basically. Haha

So do we have an official number on the committee now?

Maxico
04-18-2005, 07:17 PM
How come I got un-signed up? Sign me up again!

Agent Proto
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Everyone is free to nominate members for the hall of fame. It's the committee's job to vote and induct members. I'm not really sure if the staff will want to be involved. I hope they don't mind.

Raistlin
04-18-2005, 10:10 PM
:-/ i can understand where you're coming from. but even though i am new havn't i done a reasonable amount in that time?
organise a meet up in the UK
the fluffy pink party
.....well the list dosn't seem long when you look at it.
but anyways.
well done to jojo and theundeadhero :)
There's no doubt you'll have your own perceptions on things that happened in the past four months or so...but how many people/things that we'll be taking about for the Hall of Fame will have posted/happened in the past four months?

Hey wow, Raistlin's whining actually worked on something? It's a good job Proto's not on staff, or he'd be begging for mercy right about now.

1. Psy - I'm glad to see you're willing to bitch about something, though you're not willing to do anything about it. I'm also glad to see you asked for my reasoning before claiming I just whined and was elitist - oh wait, you didn't. Yay for immaturity.

If you want more post-'02 members on the committee, then you should have told more post-'02 members to sign up. We accepted almost all of them, if they had been around for longer than 8 months.

How come I got un-signed up? Sign me up again!
You weren't unsigned-up, Maxico. Proto, ed, and myself went over all the volunteers, and chose out of those. Not everybody was accepted.

Psychotic
04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
1. Psy - I'm glad to see you're willing to bitch about something, though you're not willing to do anything about it. I'm also glad to see you asked for my reasoning before claiming I just whined and was elitist - oh wait, you didn't. Yay for immaturity.

If you want more post-'02 members on the committee, then you should have told more post-'02 members to sign up. We accepted almost all of them, if they had been around for longer than 8 months. Isn't bitching about this doing something about it? Although I do believe bitching is talking about something behind its back, whereas I have been very open in my criticisms.

And I didn't need to ask for your reasoning as you made a lovely post about it. Yay for reading skills. Whether or not I believed it is another matter altogether ;)

Who says I want more post-'02 members on the committee? I don't recall saying that. I recall saying hurray for oldbies and elitism. If your committee holds such beliefs, then surely it looks like you have my support. :)

Raistlin
04-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Isn't bitching about this doing something about it? Although I do believe bitching is talking about something behind its back, whereas I have been very open in my criticisms.
When that's the only possible course of action besides "do nothing," then yes. In this case, no.

Who says I want more post-'02 members on the committee? I don't recall saying that. I recall saying hurray for oldbies and elitism. If your committee holds such beliefs, then surely it looks like you have my support.
Obviously it does not hold such beliefs - as I have explained time and time again.

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Proto...how could you ;_; I was a member in 2000! As I look at the list, it occurs to me that I need to hunt down more newbies...ish to be a part of this great undertaking. When looking at the years up there maybe we should go for something more of a 2 per year deal. We already have 2 from 1999, 2000 and three from 2001. No one from 2002 and only 1 for each following. It is just my crazy math like brain wanting a pattern of some sort.

Anyways I encourge everyone to join...except oldbies. There are far too many oldbies already.

Raistlin
04-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Proto...how could you ;_; I was a member in 2000! As I look at the list, it occurs to me that I need to hunt down more newbies...ish to be a part of this great undertaking. When looking at the years up there maybe we should go for something more of a 2 per year deal. We already have 2 from 1999, 2000 and three from 2001. No one from 2002 and only 1 for each following. It is just my crazy math like brain wanting a pattern of some sort.
There should be more older members than newer members - not for any sort of elitism but for the obvious reason that older members typically would know more.

I also don't think we need to accept any more members based on their join-date. The best member for the job is the best member for the job. I would take an active 2-year-old member over a relatively inactive 4-year-old one - but also vice-versa(active 4-year-old over inactive 2-year-old).

Agent Proto
04-18-2005, 10:55 PM
I removed the years, as that seems to bring attention to the problem. :p

Old Manus
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm a one-year old. Gaa Gaa. Baby burp.

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
I am not saying that there should not be more older members than younger members. I think there needs to be more older but right now it is bastardizingly one-sided(I hope I spelled my made up word right).

I agree that the best member for the job is the best member for the job but I would like to see a few more younger members join on up simply because it adds diversity and a different perspective.

Raistlin
04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Not really - different people add different perspectives. Just because Jojo and I joined days apart from each other doesn't mean we'll share the same opinion on various situations.

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
But your view point and mind set will always be different than that who has not had as many different experiences here than you. That is what new people add. A perspective that us oldbies can no longer see...of course that doesn't include Loony BoB: The eternal newbie :D

Raistlin
04-19-2005, 12:09 AM
But your view point and mind set will always be different than that who has not had as many different experiences here than you.
That makes no sense - they're valuable in that they won't know as much? That they won't have their own perspectives about more situations? That just makes them more of a hindrance.

edczxcvbnm
04-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Or is the hinderance the other way around? You don't have to agree with why I think young members are a good idea. I think lack of experience is a good thing. They don't see the board through the eyes of jaded oldbies. Instead to get their vote you would have to explain why they are so great or not so great. I think its a good idea.

For my example of inexperince is awesome I point my finger at Kawaii.

Raistlin
04-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Exactly - we would have to explain it to them. They would not have their own individual opinion, memories, or perception of the person themself - they would only have what we give them. In that way, their votes are based on second-hand information. They would not bring any new information, any new perspective, to the discussion.

theundeadhero
04-19-2005, 09:52 AM
*Is confused if he's considered oldbie, semi-oldbie, or newby*

edczxcvbnm
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
2001=old.

Raist...if you can't even explain to others why someone should be in the hall of fame then they don't deserve to be there. This isn't like baseball where the statistics speak for themselves and people would understand. This is all memory. If it is just oldbies then there wouldn't be much discussion anyways.

Raistlin
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Hence why I agreed for some relatively newer members. However, by trying to go overboard in having the same proportion of newer members as older members, it defeats the entire purpose of the HoF Committee - that's all I'm saying.

XxSephirothxX
04-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Honestly, I know where you guys are coming from, but to accept Boris no no and I and then kick us off is very unprofessional.

Trumpet Thief
04-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Honestly, I know where you guys are coming from, but to accept Boris no no and I and then kick us off is very unprofessional.

chaos: Isn't that what this whole thing is about? :D

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 12:10 AM
I know. I wanted to at least keep one of you, but Raistlin was pressuring me to replace both of you. We're sorry about all of this. However, that doesn't mean we won't add you back in the future when needed.

XxSephirothxX
04-20-2005, 12:13 AM
chaos: Isn't that what this whole thing is about? :D
I thought it was about creating a Hall of Fame for the forum, myself.

I know. I wanted to at least keep one of you, but Raistlin was pressuring me to replace both of you. We're sorry about all of this. However, that doesn't mean we won't add you back in the future when needed.
Even if you don't add me back, this thing IS getting very, very oldbie-heavy. edczxcvbnm
made a good point, I thought. But, seeing as how people aren't exactly jumping at this thing, it's going to be hard finding members who've only been around a year or so.

Trumpet Thief
04-20-2005, 12:15 AM
chaos: xD Sorry. I just like cheering up the mood, time to time. I do agree that, that this is heavy with oldbies. I know that I have been here for around eleven months, but we should give newbies a voice as well. :)

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 12:16 AM
The point that Raistlin brings out is that older members were around longer and don't really need to rely on others for their experience with the members who'll get nominated for the Hall of Fame. The newer members will probably have little to no idea about the members of the past, because they usually have no experience with the members of the past. Do any of you members remember Drex? Or Britt? Do I see your head shaking no? I thought so.

See, most of the members that will get nominated will likely be members from the past generation of EoFF, so usually more older members are necessary for this.

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Like I said, I agree that we need more older members but I still want to see Boris or Azar stick around. At least one. Come on Proto. Its us against Raist. I think we can take him. :D

*Gets mysteriously shot in the back*

Psychotic
04-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Boris sure has done a lot for EoFF in her time here, creating an elections party that came in 4th place (Beating the party that Raist was a member of :p) and organising a meet-up. Many members look up to and respect her, and rightly so!

And Azar certainly seemed really enthusiastic about this idea, with his many posts on the subject, certainly more enthusiastic than his replacement, Jojo:
*pops in* Wezly asked me to join and I didn't really read much of the thread but hi :p What's up?Now if you kids will excuse me, I have to go badmouth Proto some more. :)

EDIT: Oh, and
Do any of you members remember Drex? Or Britt? Do I see your head shaking no? I thought so.Using the 2002 rule, I'd be the in the category for older members and even I don't know who Drex is. Should someone like that really be included? I don't think so. But by not being on the committee I've given up all rights to an opinion on the matter so I'll shut up and continue to make up rumours about pr00t and WesLLSSSYS or whatever he likes to be called. :D

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Thank you Psychotic for kicking so much ass! Go Boris and go Azar. Boo Jojo. :D

Trumpet Thief
04-20-2005, 01:10 AM
chaos: It couldn't really hurt to have a few newbies on the committee. The Majority is still oldbies. After all, I'm sure there will be some new members in the Hall of Fame.

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 01:13 AM
This is very off topic but how do you like where Gundam Seed Destiny has gone Trumept Thief? I personally like how it is going and I am glad they have fully explain in detail about the three pilots and the end of Seed with the research facility.

It also looks like it is now only a matter of time before Neo is unmasked and that ackward confrontation comes true just as we expect it to. I also wonder what Rei will do as he seems to be from that facility also on some level.

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 01:35 AM
I would like to have more post 2002 members on the committee, but right now, we'll work with the current members, when the need for more members come around, I hope more post 2002 members will be accepted.

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 01:45 AM
PM coming your way...laterz on this whole "quagmire" of a dilly.

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Are people completely ignoring the fact that TT and Sepho are part of the Committee, and that I never said that I wouldn't agree to more newer members being added, as long as they were over 8-months old? I think this whole disagreement comes from people blowing what I've said completely out of proportion.

The 8 month rule was made and agreed on for a reason. You may be enthusiastic and all, but you cannot possibly have the ability to add anything to the discussion of anything older than 8 months(far less in Boris's case) - which is the majority of EoFF history. Which is why even ed agrees that there should be more older members, though some active newer ones would be acceptable - which is <i>all</i> I've been saying. However, that has to be some cut off which makes a member, no matter how active, "too new" to be of much help - which is why Proto and I came up with and agreed to the 8-month rule.

I could easily argue to have all oldbies - and I mean true oldbies. There's this misguided notion going around that if you registered before '02 you're an oldbie. But the same argument against newbies could be made against them, in a lesser degree. However, I do realize the value of new perceptions, and a member who was a newbie during the time that Britt was an admin would have a different perception of that period than I did, for example.

It's a reasonable assumption that the HoF Committee will predominately discuss people and situations from beyond 8 months ago, and that therefore anyone who hadn't even registered then wouldn't be able to add much. Hence, the 8-month rule.

Leeza
04-20-2005, 03:10 AM
*Gets mysteriously shot in the back*
I have to agree with Raistlin. Would any newbie even know where the above quote would have originated from?

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 03:12 AM
And if Leeza and I agree about something, then you know we either must be right, or we were just transfered into some twisted alternate dimension where Leeza and I always agree.

Trumpet Thief
04-20-2005, 04:32 AM
This is very off topic but how do you like where Gundam Seed Destiny has gone Trumept Thief? I personally like how it is going and I am glad they have fully explain in detail about the three pilots and the end of Seed with the research facility.

It also looks like it is now only a matter of time before Neo is unmasked and that ackward confrontation comes true just as we expect it to. I also wonder what Rei will do as he seems to be from that facility also on some level.

chaos: Yes, I like it somewhat. It is pretty much perfectly true that Mwu la Fraga survived and is Neo, the masked man. His helmet floating in space was edited out in special edition. The three pilots I understand better now, thanks to episode 25, although it was a bit gory. Sting is the only one who is actually under control though. Stellar is completely insane, and Auel can't stand it when someone says "mother". Even though Heine is TM Revolution, she should've been given more time. His death was pretty pathetic if you ask me, but it did make Athrun question if ArcAngel's interferances are for better or for worse.

Rubedo: Sadly, according to many blogs, and even some official reports, Cagalli is getting killed off on Episode 28. Meyrin being destroyed in ep. 32, when she tries to fight by sneaking into the Gaia.

chaos: I really don't want Mwu to die. (Again) :(

Albedo: *Doesn't remember hearing about Eight Month Rule*

Trowa: *Agrees with Raist, Leeza, Proto* It's only for the better, as newbies have limited knowledge of who is worthy of being in the hall of fame.

CloudDragon
04-20-2005, 04:54 AM
Perhaps we should have had all this sorted out before electing members and all that jazz.

Maybe we should focus more on how many members are going to be on the committee, and when nominating and all that begins.

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Perhaps we should have had all this sorted out before electing members and all that jazz.
I completely agree. In fact, I thought we had figured it all out - we'd already agreed on the 8 month rule and such.

Maybe we should focus more on how many members are going to be on the committee, and when nominating and all that begins.
There's no final number, but I'd say the volunteering-time is over. I just PMed Proto about two last considerations.

theundeadhero
04-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Would any newbie even know where the above quote would have originated from?I have no idea who Britt is honestly but I know the quote is referring to the EOFF Sniper.

Sepho
04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Would any newbie even know where the above quote would have originated from?I have no idea who Britt is honestly but I know the quote is referring to the EOFF Sniper.

I'm in the same boat. The only things I know about Britt are the stuff I've heard from #eoff stories. I haven't been incredibly active since I registered in January of 2003; in fact, save a handful of posts early that year, my real posting period began during the later part of last year. I'll stay on because I believe I can offer a different perspective to things, and I have a few ideas in mind for the committee (which I still haven't had time to sit down and elaborate on - I have a few papers to worry about still), but if I come to the realization after a few member nominations that I don't recognize any of the names, you may have to kick me off.

Pheesh
04-20-2005, 03:25 PM
so who is in so far. have you guys got any of the people worked out.

There's no final number, but I'd say the volunteering-time is over.

damn, i've been absent for a week and i would've liked to volunteer for something like this. if you guys would make an exception i'd be happy to sleep with jojo (dont tell psy)

Peace out and :rock:

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Some people seemed to have joined the chant of "go newbies go newbies!" while concentrating solely on the join date. I'd like to clarify my(and, I believe, Proto's) position on this:

Join date is just another factor. <i>Nobody</i> was accepted based on join date, which is why I absolutely will not approve of anyone just to make the join dates more diverse. That is absurd.

I judge based on a number of things - who that person is, how active they've been, how well they seem to know things, how they debate, how long they've been around, etc. - "how long they've been around" be just one among many factors. Some of these I don't know about certain members, which is why I directly asked certain people that I do know who would benefit the Committee - Daniel and Jojo, specifically. I've asked no one else, though I was the one to suggest to Proto that ed be on the small selecting team, because I had the apparently misguided notion that he would use some level of logic.

Having been around longer means having the greater potential to know more things that would benefit the Committee during the nomination committee - saying that an earlier join date is not a benefit is absurd. However, it is not the sole basis I, personally, use when considering members. Trumpet Thief, for example, hasn't been around very long, but has been incredibly active and earned himself an RM status - which is why I immediatelly approved of TT to be on this Committee, despite his relative newbieness.

I find it ironic that the very people accusing me of judging solely by join date are doing that very thing themselves.

Sepho - you're not expected to know everything. Hell, I've been gone from EoFF for months at a time, so there will be gaps where I don't know much, either. However, the Committee as a whole hopes to fill in those gaps using the combined resources of all the Committee members. You may not know who Britt is, but Britt's not going to be nominated(at least, I sure hope not).

ee - You'll have to wait for the final word from Proto on this, but I think we have enough.

Jojee
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
>o *prods Psy and ed in the arse* Don't boo me, mofos. (what's a mofo?) Anyway I have original perspective..! Or such :p

I <3 Britt. ^_^

And I do think that boris (and Azar? I don't know you as well xD) would make a good committee member, but the being too new thing makes sense. Next year or whenever new applications are accepted, I'll put in a good word for ya :<3: ?

Sepho
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I certainly understand where you're coming from, and I did even before that post (but I see the other side as well; it's the fence sitter in me). I'm not of the mind that "you're all of a bunch of elitist oldbie bastards, and I'll have no part of this". I'm just saying that if I come to the realization that I can't offer any meaningful input, I'll let myself be replaced. I still have ideas running through my head, too. Hopefully this weekend I can throw them out there.

Psychotic
04-20-2005, 09:15 PM
It seems to me that this is no longer Proto's committee, but Raistlin's. Interesting.

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Again, twisting my words.

I said <i>I</i> would not approve. That doesn't mean the Committee won't. I can't speak for Proto or ed or anyone else, just for myself.

Psychotic
04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm not twisting your words. I was saying that it is my personal belief that you're in charge of this committee. Why? Because you're constantly defending it whilst Proto has disappeared off the face of the planet, and also you're the one who opposed Azar and boris and Proto backed down.

So don't twist MY words. :)

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Raistlin is right for the most part. Those who are saying that we are discriminating newbies are wrong. I would like to see more post 2002 members on the committee, but they will have to be fit for the job that the Hall of Fame committee will need. boris no no would be a great member, but however, the 8 month rule barred her from staying in the committee. And Jojo, as Raist said, is practically a newbie herself. xD

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm not twisting your words. I was saying that it is my personal belief that you're in charge of this committee. Why? Because you're constantly defending it whilst Proto has disappeared off the face of the planet, and also you're the one who opposed Azar and boris and Proto backed down.
I guess Proto changing his mind and realizing that I'm making sense means he "backed down?" And Proto's posted in this thread just as often as I have.

So don't twist MY words. :)
I didn't twist anything you said - only explaining how you're wrong. :p

Psychotic
04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I guess Proto changing his mind and realizing that I'm making sense means he "backed down?" And Proto's posted in this thread just as often as I have. Or he just got so fed up of your stubborness that he let you have your way. I imagine you gave the poor guy quite a pounding on AIM. And maybe he has posted in this thread just as much as you, but you're the one who has mainly been defending all of this, he's just been sitting back and letting you do it. It's obvious who is the bitch and who is the butch in this relationship :joey:

I didn't twist anything you said - only explaining how you're wrong. :pYou twisted my words which said that you run this joint instead of Proto by saying I got to that outcome via twisting your words. That made no sense but this whole thread doesn't so it won't make much of a difference.

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Right now the members officially in the Committee are as following.

Agent Proto
Raistlin
edczxcvbnm
CloudDragon
Jojo
Kirobaito
theundeadhero
Sepho
Trumpet Thief

There is consideration to add a few more members, but right now that's the committee as it is.

And come on, let's stop bickering about the members of the committee, I would like to move on so we can get started.

Raistlin
04-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Or he just got so fed up of your stubborness that he let you have your way. I imagine you gave the poor guy quite a pounding on AIM. And maybe he has posted in this thread just as much as you, but you're the one who has mainly been defending all of this, he's just been sitting back and letting you do it. It's obvious who is the bitch and who is the butch in this relationship
Oh yes, that's the way to make a point - completely make stuff up and make baseless assumptions which further your point.

In fact, Proto and I have done little but to exchange a few PMs, most of them to do with new member. I talked to him on AIM once for...10 minutes? Yes, "quite a pounding," I should say.

Now, if you actually have a basis for a disagreement, I invite you to maturely discuss them here. If you have nothing but your own personal wishes that it be shown that I have somehow acted unfairly, then I invite you to PM me or fuck off - because your baseless attacks are not only irritating to me, but are getting in the way of this process.

Psychotic
04-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh yes, that's the way to make a point - completely make stuff up and make baseless assumptions which further your point. OK, if that's what you say then I can only believe you, but that's only a small part of my argument, which you have singled out and targetted believing that it is sufficient enough to criticise in order to ignore the rest. Proto's posts have mainly been like his last one, whereas yours have been dealing with critics. Or are you going to accuse me of making another baseless assumption as far as this goes?

Now, if you actually have a basis for a disagreement, I invite you to maturely discuss them here. If you have nothing but your own personal wishes that it be shown that I have somehow acted unfairly, then I invite you to PM me or smurf off - because your baseless attacks are not only irritating to me, but are getting in the way of this process.I didn't say I disagreed with anything in my recent posts, all I said was that I felt you were in control of this thing as opposed to the original creator, Agent Proto. If I had done that to you would you screech at me and accuse me of twisting your words? I ask it as a question and not say it as a statement as I suspect I will be accused of making a baseless assumption.

I would maturely discuss any problems that I may have, but I have just been told to "smurf off", which makes me believe that any further attempts at discussing issues regarding this with you would result in more profanity, and therefore not the maturity you have offered. As for my "attacks" as you have amusingly labelled them, they are only getting in the way because you're blowing them out of all proportion.

I only said I believe you are in control of this committee. You're one who is continuing to drag it up and make a fuss over it. If you let go, I will let go, because I have said all I need to on this matter.

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Hopefully we have that out of the way.

Anyway, to the members, what's the best way to hold our meetings? Through PMs? Through Instant messengers like AIM and/or Y!M? Or by a chatroom meeting on mIRC? Do you have another means for us on how we can meet?

Right now, I know that ed, Raist, and I are leaning towards using a chatroom of sorts, but I would like to know which is the most convenient for the rest of the committee

Giga Guess
04-20-2005, 11:02 PM
If you do decide to add more members, count me in for consideration.

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Don't worry. We will forget XD

I vote mIRC as I refuse to install any instant messaging programs.

Sepho
04-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Hopefully we have that out of the way.

Anyway, to the members, what's the best way to hold our meetings? Through PMs? Through Instant messengers like AIM and/or Y!M? Or by a chatroom meeting on mIRC? Do you have another means for us on how we can meet?

I have an idea or two about that, as well. We'll have to get in chat sometime (this weekend?) so we can work something out. Anyone can feel free to IM me beforehand, just so ya know.

Trumpet Thief
04-21-2005, 12:12 AM
chaos: Private Messaging and MSN are the only things I really have... :p

Ko Ko
04-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Is Trumpet Thief in the Hall of Fame? Trumpet Thief BETTER be in the hall of fame. I mean, people make threads devoted solely to his... alter-egos!

Trumpet Thief
04-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Trowa: Really kind of you, but right now, we'll have to wait and see. There are so many people that I can name that deserve to be in there more than me. :)

Rubedo: Thank you!! :love:

Ko Ko
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
You're welcome. :skull3:
I also think you should be in the Hall of Infamy.
And also each one of you should enter in the Hottest Member contest and see who gets the most votes. :skull8:

Trumpet Thief
04-21-2005, 12:34 AM
chaos: xD I doubt is should be in the fame of infamy, but I will give thought to the "Hottest Member" contest, next time it comes around.

Rubedo: ed, I want to continue this GSD conversation as well. :D

Raistlin
04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
I have AIM and mIRC.

It seems to me that an mIRC channel would be best...

Yamaneko
04-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Just use #tga, no one else does.

Raistlin
04-21-2005, 01:47 AM
*smacks Yams* >=o

Pheesh
04-21-2005, 03:06 AM
i'm not a member but something you guys could try is make your own room in mIRK eg. #tga, #chat. I can understand that it may be overrun but guesses are that it will be so boring and empty that no-one will want to stay....like #tga *smacks raistlin*.

i only put this idea foward because i think your meetings could get mixed up in the normal talks and the spam *cough*cbc*cough*. that....and i'm still trying to squeeze in to the commitee :P

anyway, just a suggestion

EE

Kirobaito
04-21-2005, 04:53 AM
Yeah, mIRC would be best, definitely. Five of us use IRC a lot, and Hero did before he left.

theundeadhero
04-21-2005, 09:19 AM
The only reason I don't use Mirc anymore is because I can't download stuff onto army computers, and most of these don't have the Java needed to use #EOFF. Chat is out for me. My Yahoo and MSN messenger accounts are in my profile (free for any and all here to add to, I like talking) but due to the time difference PMs would be the best way for me to communicate.

Now that I'm for sure on the committee I have a few questions on how it will be ran. I know that any member can nominate for this, but when? Can any member nominate at any time and then a discussion will be made on each individual nomination? Will it be an event set to regular intervals such as twice a year or three times a year? If it is timed, then I would assume that several nominations would be recieved at the same time. Would each nomination be handled case by case or would a set number of the nominations be included and it's the committee's job to vote which ones make it in? Is it a majority vote or will it be required that say, 6-9 members have to agree on it to be approved?

Agent Proto
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Now that I'm for sure on the committee I have a few questions on how it will be ran. I know that any member can nominate for this, but when? Can any member nominate at any time and then a discussion will be made on each individual nomination?
Basically, any time. Anyone can nominate any member to Raistlin, or me by PM. We haven't decided on when to have our first meeting, but when we do get to meet, all the present members at the meeting will discuss the nominations, probably individually, but all together at once or not, depending on the number of nominations, and discuss why someone nominated should or should not be inducted.

Will it be an event set to regular intervals such as twice a year or three times a year?
We haven't decided yet, but most likely, we'll meet a few times a year...

If it is timed, then I would assume that several nominations would be recieved at the same time. Would each nomination be handled case by case or would a set number of the nominations be included and it's the committee's job to vote which ones make it in?
Each nomination will be handled. Even if one person nominates a person. The committee's job is to decide whether that person is HoF worthy or not.

Is it a majority vote or will it be required that say, 6-9 members have to agree on it to be approved?
I decided that it would be two-thirds of the committee's votes for a nominee to be approved. If it was majority vote, then we would likely have more members inducted. Each nomination will have a vote, yay or nay from the committee's members, and I think that we will require that you include your reasons why you vote that way, unless it's too much of a hassle for anyone.

Also, I think we'll have voting be done by PMs, where I would include a summary or quote the chatroom to help members who miss the meeting and have them vote based on that or use their own discretion when I PM.

edczxcvbnm
04-21-2005, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=theundeadhero]
Basically, any time. Anyone can nominate any member to Raistlin, or me by PM. We haven't decided on when to have our first meeting, but when we do get to meet, all the present members at the meeting will discuss the nominations, probably individually, but all together at once or not, depending on the number of nominations, and discuss why someone nominated should or should not be inducted.

It should be anyone can nominate any member to anyone on the committee. If for what ever reason someone can not make it to the next meeting then they have to forward all the noms the recieved to you. I don't really see a reason to limit it noms to just you two.

Agent Proto
04-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, good point ed.

edczxcvbnm
04-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah, good point ed.

This appearantly why I am here ;)

Raistlin
04-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah I agree - people should be able to nominate to anyone on the Committee.

Also...I dunno, but I'm not sure I like the 2/3 vote. That seems to low. I mean, if the argument for HoF isn't strong enough to persuade more than 7 or 8 members(whatever's 2/3 - what do we have now, 11?), then I don't see how they can be HoF worthy. I, personally, would rather start high(say, 100% agreement), and then if no one's getting inducted, start lowering it.

I dunno - maybe it's just me. But the way I see it, better to have less people inducted than more.

edczxcvbnm
04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Let comprimise on 83% then.

Agent Proto
04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
I can do fine with 4/5 votes.

Sepho
04-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Works for me.

Raistlin
04-22-2005, 01:23 AM
Hmm...ok, I'll be willing to compromise. 99.8%. :p

4/5 is fine, I guess - that's 9 out of 11 people.

Trumpet Thief
04-22-2005, 02:38 AM
chaos: Anything around 4/5 is good enough. Of course, that means that only the best of the best can get in. :D

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Pheesh
04-22-2005, 02:58 AM
you guys have all the people you need anyway, dont you?

EE

Agent Proto
04-22-2005, 10:38 PM
At the moment, yes. I think we have 9, but Raistlin's saying we have 11. I know we have 9 confirmed members, I'm not sure about the other two.

Raistlin
04-23-2005, 01:52 AM
Well you said you were going to add those other two...=o

Agent Proto
04-24-2005, 11:57 PM
I said I would add them if ed approved Neel, and if BoB accepts.

So far, ed doesn't approve and BoB declined, so we're stuck with 9 for the moment.

Ok, so it seems like meeting on mIRC seems to be the best way to have our meeting to discuss on nominated members for the hall of fame, and is everyone ok with voting via PMs?

Anyway, while we're at at. The committee is open for nominations for the Hall of Fame. PM any member of the Committee with your nomination for the Hall of Fame, and you must provide a reason why you're nominating that person.

The nine members of the committee are the following:

Agent Proto
Raistlin
edczxcvbnm
Jojo (Monkey)
CloudDragon
Kirobaito (Walker Texas Ranger)
theundeadhero
Sepho
Trumpet Thief

CloudDragon
04-25-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm okay with an mIRC channel. It'll have to be an invite only, and probably moderated to prevent random people coming in.

Let the nominating begin?

Sepho
04-25-2005, 12:38 AM
It all sounds good to me. I'm not sure what else to say, so that'll do.

theundeadhero
04-25-2005, 09:01 AM
I can make Mirc on just about any Sunday morning between midnight and 12:30 pm CST. Other than that it's hit and miss because of the time zone difference. During the week it would be around 8am to 12 pm CST most of the time. Saturdays would be 8am to 2pm CST.

I think the members will need to be prompted to start nominating at first until this gets running for a while.

strawberryman
04-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Does anyone alse notice TT's blatant "Gone Forever"?
Is this a joke?

Loony BoB
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
If you can get all nine of you online at the same time anytime soon, you'd be doing pretty well. I think you guys would be better off doing it via PMs or something. How long has it been since edc went into chat, anyway? I'm sure he used to, about four years ago. :p

Trumps' thing is pretty irrelevant to this thread. You'd be better off PMing him or something.

edczxcvbnm
04-26-2005, 05:55 AM
If you can get all nine of you online at the same time anytime soon, you'd be doing pretty well. I think you guys would be better off doing it via PMs or something. How long has it been since edc went into chat, anyway? I'm sure he used to, about four years ago. :p

Trumps' thing is pretty irrelevant to this thread. You'd be better off PMing him or something.

I can go into the chat once a month...I guess. I do use MIRC. I just don't like big chat rooms...which is the reason I stopped going in there and was there in the start when NO ONE was there :D

Agent Proto
04-26-2005, 06:10 AM
BoB, I believe it's possible that all 9 members will be able to make it into a meeting at the same time, only if timed correctly.

Anyway, everyone is free to start nominating people for the hall of fame, just PM any member of the committee.

Members of the committee, be sure to forward the nominations to me so I can collect them.

Loony BoB
04-26-2005, 12:24 PM
It turns out Trumps is indeed taking leave of EoFF for a significant period of time for personal reasons so you guys might want to replace him. Pity. Oh well.

Agent Proto
04-26-2005, 01:32 PM
How long will he be gone? It's not like we'll have our first meeting immediately.

Loony BoB
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rubedo666/

Last two entries are the notable ones.

Agent Proto
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
holy crap. :X

I guess we're going to find a replacement then.

Giga Guess
04-26-2005, 11:39 PM
*nudge hint*

Trumpet Thief
04-27-2005, 02:29 AM
chaos: xD I'm not really gone! But from the 12th to the 18th I will mbe very busy, and probably not online. I just like playing with you. :D

Agent Proto
04-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Oh that's a relief. *smacks Daniel* >=o

Trumpet Thief
04-27-2005, 02:43 AM
chaos: Don't blame him. I wrote something quite convincing in LJ. :)

The Captain
04-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Happy belated april fools day!

Take care all.

Trumpet Thief
10-22-2005, 01:49 AM
chaos:...So, was the plan aborted or something?

Del Murder
10-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Greatest April Fools joke ever.

Trumpet Thief
10-22-2005, 01:54 AM
chaos: :(

Rubedo: I thought The Captain said that because he likes being completely random. : /

Agent Proto
10-22-2005, 02:51 AM
This really hasn't taken off as I had expected. =/ However, I hope the members are still interested, if not, I guess we'll call it a day for this project.

Quina
10-22-2005, 03:46 AM
I would like to submit my nomination.

Levian
10-22-2005, 12:25 PM
At least we got to do a Hall of Infamy. Long live loony bob kissed me. :D

Old Manus
10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
This thread is New Labour.

Giga Guess
10-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Huh?

Old Manus
10-22-2005, 04:30 PM
All talking, no doing. And lies.

Giga Guess
10-22-2005, 04:33 PM
The lies....THE LIES!!!!

Trumpet Thief
10-22-2005, 05:18 PM
chaos: I'm still interested. I'm sure we could get the committee back. :D

theundeadhero
10-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Noones made it in yet because noone is famous enough.

-N-
10-24-2005, 09:08 AM
This crap is still going?

Primus Inter Pares
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
...what?

Old Manus
10-24-2005, 09:49 AM
PiP is a newbie

Primus Inter Pares
10-24-2005, 10:41 AM
You don't say.

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 03:19 AM
chaos: Maybe we could still make this thing go. What does everybody say?

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

Levian
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Let's just put it to sleep. This thread is suffering.

Agent Proto
03-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Hmm, nice to bring it back up Mr. Thief. :p

anyway, I don't know if all the members of the committee are still around. I may have to recruit new members if that's the case. In any case, the idea has been dropped due to lack of interest for the time being.

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Albedo: We could get a new commitee. To hell with those gone! :mad2:

Psychotic
03-20-2006, 07:06 PM
The new committee has been appointed, and it now consists of me.

The best EoFF member of all time is The Man. There, now that's a result everyone can be happy with.

Levian
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
If by everyone you mean The Man and Raistlin, then hell yeah.

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Albedo: C'mon Proto. We can get a new committee that won't back out just 'cause they have OTHER things to do! That's the way the world is today! :mad2: *laughs maniacally*

Agent Proto
03-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Sure, I guess I can do that. I would like to keep some of the current members if possible.

Psychotic
03-20-2006, 07:14 PM
If by everyone you mean The Man and Raistlin, then hell yeah.BoB and Proto too.

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Albedo: Fine, it's good. Whoever wants to be stupid enough to join this, come on in.

Old Manus
03-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I say we put Marick at the helm for guaranteed success.

theundeadhero
03-21-2006, 05:07 AM
I'm still around for it.

Giga Guess
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Whatever. If you need me, I imaginbe this'll help my chances of becoming a CK...;)

edczxcvbnm
03-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah. I rock and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif!

Dignified Pauper
03-21-2006, 03:16 PM
I say we put Marick at the helm for guaranteed success.

Greatest idea yet.

Inseriousness, I'm willing to be part of a committed group, simply not the helm of operations. Don't ever count on me to lead the pack. Unless I have a well organized team that is *cough OLD MANUS COUGH COUGH*

Old Manus
03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
You know you love it

Raistlin
03-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Wait, this isn't dead?

Agent Proto
03-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately it has retuned to haunt us. :-P

Loony BoB
03-21-2006, 04:37 PM
If by everyone you mean The Man and Raistlin, then hell yeah.BoB and Proto too.
You, sir, can go to <s>hell</s> Fool's Gold. :mad2:

Dignified Pauper
03-22-2006, 01:10 AM
You know you love it

your mother loves it.

Trumpet Thief
03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
chaos: So, is a new commitee being formed? If so, I'll still be a part of it. :D

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

VorpalCyberWolf
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm interested, just keep me posted...

SammieBabe
03-24-2006, 12:52 AM
I'm game...Let me know if I can help...

Dignified Pauper
03-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Old Pauper and Dignified Manus will lead this to the Hall of Fame!

Trumpet Thief
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
chaos: Look Proto, a new commitee! Surely we could start this place up again. :)

Rase
03-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Well I wish you guys good luck with this. I doubt I know enough about this place to help much, so that's my way of helping.

Giga Guess
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
As mentioned, gimme a holler, if you need help.

SammieBabe
03-24-2006, 05:34 PM
I think this could be fun! And besides, I need a way to waste time at work... Please Proto? :D

Agent Proto
03-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm glad that there are still some interest in this thing, so hopefully I'll see what I can do for those who wish in. Hopefully, this time around, we'll get the ball rolling.

Trumpet Thief
03-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Rubedo: That's great to hear, Proto.

chaos: And there are many interested, so I'm sure this time around, it will be a success. Tons of fresh faces, eh? :)

Albedo: Indeed. *laughs maniacally*

Dignified Pauper
03-25-2006, 08:03 AM
So, am I gonna be in this or what!?
Nominates Old Pauper and Dignified Manus

Agent Proto
03-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok, so let's see who I have that's either showing some interest, or is willing to join the new committee.

Agent Proto
Trumpet Thief
Dignified Pauper
SammieBabe
Giga Guess
Red Karma
edczxcvbnm
theundeadhero

Any other I am missing? Maybe I should count Raistlin, and that will be 9 which is the minimum needed to start this over. I still have several nominaions which hasn't been looked in yet.

Just asking, but can everyone access the mIRC? That's where we'll likely hold meetings, then we'll vote via PMs, yay or nay for approving members to the Unofficial HoF for now.