PDA

View Full Version : FFVII PC Game Crash

oswald2044
04-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I installed FFVII, original cd's, on W2K system, and it starts fine. The movies play fine, and sound works great(for a game created almost a decade ago). But when I enter the first battle and the Machine Gun attacks the game crashes. I heard somewhere this was a bug, but did not see any fix for it. Any ideas/help!?!?!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-13-2005, 10:29 PM
i think that was my thread....but im donno wut to do.....u should of bought the ps version

sephiroth JR
04-13-2005, 11:15 PM
i've got the ps version but have just ordered the pc version dont ask why

DaremihC
04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
So far, I have not seen one successful attempt at getting FFVII to work on the Windows 2000 OS.

The game is riddled with bugs and errors when running on this OS, and every time you get past something, something new just gets in the way, no tech support or patches are available.

My suggestion? Use WinXP or 98 (preferred) if you have 'em, or just buy the PS version.

_Hiro_
04-19-2005, 05:22 AM
I have a different problem, but didn't want to muddy up the forum with a new post from a newbie...

Put FFVII on my new system, and it's doing the same thing it was last time I tried...

Game starts up, plays the opening video fine.

Just as the train stops, the entire background goes black, but Cloud and the others are rendered beautifully on a black background. Everything else not related to using the TNT2 patch on newer GeForce cards looks fine. The first battle has some slight color issues, (Dust looks green) and the text boxes are a hair off.

Windows XP
GeForce 6600 PCIe

Tried with just the TNT patch, then the "FFVII XP" patch. Same result for both.

Any help?

Rostum
04-19-2005, 05:44 AM
Didn't Eidos' website have a patch for all these bugs?

_Hiro_
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Not that one that I could find.... I know I've seen something about this bug somewhere before, but I can't figure out where.

Oh, and I tried software rendering after that post, and that works. Funny, but even on an AMD64 3000+ it renders slow. :P

_Hiro_
08-24-2005, 04:49 AM
Just a bump to see if anyone has any ideas.

Tried enabling and disabling AA and Aniso, no change.