PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy III remake (with the onion kids!))

~GoDD~
04-13-2005, 09:04 PM
I already know this topic has been posted a while back in 2003
but i have been working on this for a while i was just wondering if anyone would help?
I have a few screens not to much because i have just been working on the database!
It's in Rm2k3 as well...
I just need someone to make the maps and i'll take care of the data base

and yes this is the one for nes
http://img188.echo.cx/my.php?image=017ly.png
http://img104.echo.cx/my.php?image=026iy.png

Arthurdent_78
04-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Are these preview images of an actual release, or your own doing? If they are, they're pretty good.

Meat Puppet
04-14-2005, 05:31 AM
He said it's his own doing in the first post.
Looks nice.

Venom65437
04-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Looks bleepin' cool! :D

Fourleafclover
04-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Neato Mosquito.

mihalis
04-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I am working on an FFI remake right now (I have posted a thread on this board about it), and I will have to say your FF3 remake looks way cooler than mine!

Just a little comment: (A problem I thought you might encounter...)
You are going to need to figure out a way to change equipment during battle. It's rather tricky with RPGm2003. However, if you need a hand w/ coding, when I am finished my remake (and if I have time), I will be glad to assist!

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Captain Maxx Power
04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Highly impressive. Who needs the remake huh?

*wonders when someone will redo FF2*

DJZen
04-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Well I'm working on an Expert version of FFII, but that's not the same thing...

It does look good, but I'm curious why you went with Butz's sprite for the 4 heroes. Or is that just a placeholder?

~GoDD~
04-14-2005, 11:39 PM
thnx for the comments!

DJZen: why I choose Butz was because aren't the onion kids quaddruplets? (4-twins)

mihalis: I wasn't planning to make a custom battle system(especially if I do this on my own!) just to manuplicate the default one. (I pretty sure none will mind the weapon changing thing, but tell my if you do) I know i could do it in the DBS.

I need some help on this project BAD, so please if you are willing to help, HELP!

Also I am adding another weapon, accessory, 2 bosses, another summon and job. Tell me if you like this idea?

DJZen
04-15-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm not even positive that they're related. I know they were all raised by the same man, but that's as much as I can recall.

mihalis
04-15-2005, 02:50 AM
mihalis: I wasn't planning to make a custom battle system(especially if I do this on my own!) just to manuplicate the default one. (I pretty sure none will mind the weapon changing thing, but tell my if you do) I know i could do it in the DBS.

Of course people won't mind... The only time when changing weapons in battle was really important in FF3 was when a Ninja equipped Shurikens... But I always found that to be annoying--having to put one in each hand every turn! My solution to this problem would be to just make Shurikens an "item" only usable by a ninja. Problem solved... ;)

Another problem you might run into is that of multiple airships, especially the Airship Invincible (I believe that was the one that went over mountains...). How do you plan to script that part? If you can manage that, I will be very impressed!

By the way, good luck!

~GoDD~
04-15-2005, 03:52 AM
CRAZY Mihalis!!!
I thought you were just making FF1 with the original graphics, and not adding new things?

Here you wanna make a deal?
I will help you, and you help me! we'll do your game if you want first!
I know about Rm2k3, wat site do u go to for resources, I can tell you some if you want.

One idea you should put in FF1, is to have a party changing system where you can choose from any of the 6 character at any time!

if you wanna team up, i'm all for it!

P.S. do you have MSN or anything?

Dragonfire
04-15-2005, 04:26 PM
i was doin a remake with a team awhile back, like I said on mihilas' ff1 thread I have everything from the beginning thru owen tower and the bahamut and leviathan fights coded. All the maps till the end of the game are made but nothing after owen tower is coded. I would give you all of this stuff right now, but first I gotta get it off the computer from my old house, and I also have to clear it with my friends that worked on the project wit me, because they helped code alot of itand did all the end game maps. but if get clearance ill donate as long as me and my friends get in the credits

~GoDD~
04-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Dragonfire:

That would be very much appreciated if you send me your project(& of course I will give your team credit!)

I gave you a PM a while back, but I'll send you another one, with my e-mail on it if you have decided to send me your project!

mihalis
04-15-2005, 10:10 PM
This sounds like an opportunity to do a three-way project. In other words, one of us could work on maps, one could work on the database, and one could work on sound and graphics, or something along those lines...

Any suggestions?

Dragonfire
04-22-2005, 02:22 AM
ok, heres the situation. 2 of the 3 of them won't allow it. I can't give you pieces because the four of us put at least some work into each part. But, I will offer my services to you to recreate my maps (with some editing of course), plus I'll help you with any code problems you run into, and i'm sure milhalis will help too.

Dignified Pauper
04-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Are you going to release a demo first? So that we can offer some interface suggestions and what-not?

KuRt
04-24-2005, 02:33 PM
I´d like to see a screenshot from the world map. well, not from me map but from the place where the towns are. You know!

Dragonfire
04-25-2005, 11:51 PM
*pulls out a 67 page book of notes translations and event details* lets get started, I would love to see my dream realized, even if it's with a new team.

KentaRawr!
04-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Cid? o_O

Anyways, I wish I could help, but I am just a foolish fool who knows nothing of programming. ;-;

Dragonfire
04-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Cid? o_O

Anyways, I wish I could help, but I am just a foolish fool who knows nothing of programming. ;-;

heh, I AM Cid Highwind!!! The most brilliant engineer in all the world! From Midgar to Rocket Town you will find no better!....... ahem! *comes back down* sry bout that I get carried away

its not upto me, it's ~GoDD~'s project, but if you're interested, you could probably help with maps or gathering info, that takes zero programming knowledge. maps are easy, you select the tile you want and put it on the map.

crashNUMBERS
05-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Nice pics but I won't buy. I have the ROM anyways. It'll just be a waste of money for me...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-09-2005, 12:28 AM
People don't sell fan games. It's called freeware for a reason.

crashNUMBERS
05-09-2005, 12:33 AM
I mean when it comes out for DS...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Then say it in in the thread we have for the DS remake. This thread is about a fan-made remake using RPG Maker 2003. Kindly read threads before you post in them.

Buccura
05-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Niiiice, cant wait to see more Screenshots =D.

crashNUMBERS
05-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Then say it in in the thread we have for the DS remake. This thread is about a fan-made remake using RPG Maker 2003. Kindly read threads before you post in them.
Oh whoops. Thought it was that DS one. Sorry kishi. Really I am. Soz...