PDA

View Full Version : The Weirdest Games EVER!

Momiji
04-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Simply put, just post the weirdest game you have ever played.

I would have to say EarthBound (SNES).
I mean, come on, your neighbor's names are Picky and Pokey. How weird is that?

Katamari Damacy (PS2) Comes in second... it's just... I SWEAR, THEY HAD TO BE ON SOME CERTAIN SUBSTANCES TO MAKE THIS GAME.

nik0tine
04-14-2005, 04:03 AM
Skullmonkeys (PS)

That game literally is made for people on drugs.

Shlup
04-14-2005, 04:19 AM
I love Super Monkey Balls! MONKIES IN BALLS EVERYWHERE!

StarlightAngel
04-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Katamari Damashii and Super Monkey Ball (You people are fast at pointing out the ones I was going to use :( )

Strider
04-14-2005, 04:24 AM
Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom.

Maxico
04-14-2005, 07:10 AM
I can't remember what it was called but it was something to do with Deathtarians... on mars.

Excelsior
04-14-2005, 07:42 AM
that new game shin megami tensei: digital devil saga has a pretty frickin weird story. the gameplay itself is fairly normal though.

Big D
04-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Kula World. You play as a beach ball, navigating bizarre mazes that routinely defy the laws of physics.

Beautiful game, though.

But when you think about it... Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the most bizarre games ever. Let's look closely...

You play as a bipedal hedgehog. This hedgehog is completely bollock naked except for a pair of shoes and a pair of gloves. Unlike hedgehogs in the real world, he can run really fast. He is also blue.
In his spare time, he likes to collect gold rings that litter the ground - and the air - all over his world. By collecting rings, he can do... special stuff. His main job, though, is defeating a plump bald fellow who likes machines. This hedgehog destroys machines to rescue the cute critters trapped inside. He destroys them by impaling them with his spines.
The old fellow constantly upgrades his enormous devices, trying in vain to defeat a hedgehog. He has also horded powerful crystals, which are vitally important to the world for some reason, but it's no big deal if the hedgehog doesn't get them back.

Eventually, one hedgehog acting alone is able to destroy all the machines and free all the critters, who - despite their sheer weight of numbers - were too hopelessly defenseless to resist one old man who is unable to fend off a single nude hedgehog.
Everyone is free and happy, the machines are destroyed, and the old scientist is allowed to escape and foment a new evil plot.

If that ain't wierd, I don't know what is.

theundeadhero
04-14-2005, 09:04 AM
E.T on Atari. I think the point was to collect candybars but I could only get his neck to go up and down. :(

I love Earthbound!

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Kurushi for PS1

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Some of the early Sonic games were actually host to some extremely surreal environments, like Spring Yard Zone, Collision Chaos, Wacky Workbench, Stardust Speedway, and the Special Stages.

Levian
04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Wario Ware.

Chris
04-14-2005, 12:31 PM
The Ren & Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Invention.
My god... it doesn't get any more weird than this one. :(

If Ren pokes at Stimpy's stomach, they both fly off by the force of Stimpy's fart. :(

crashNUMBERS
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Katamari Damashii
Damn I was gonna say that!!

Xander
04-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Hamtaro: Ham-ham heartbreak. >_> Fun for a while though. Toejam and Earl is kinda weird too, the whole concept of the game but that makes it so original. And, heh, D has a point, Sonic the Hedgehog is pretty weird when you really think about it. xD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh you could say that about anything, though, particularly in the era when games rarely tried to be realistic.

"A plumber stomping on mushroom-creatures and throwing fireballs on a quest to save a princess from a turtle-creature? Outlandish!"

"Anthropomorphic animals dogfighting in space? Ridiculous!"

"A guy taking on a castle full of terrible monsters with little more than a whip? Impossible!"

"A pink ball-like creature that sucks his enemies into his mouth and then swallows them to gain their abilities? Ludicrous!"

Xander
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
True. Any game that you couldn't call "weird" in some way, or just made total sense in relation to how things work in the real world would be boring. Or The Sims. -_-

I think Ham Ham Heartbreak was weird in a game sense because of how you actually played it, learning "hamchats", by going up to everyone and choosing a word to say to them, then learning new words. It was pretty different from any sort of game I'd played.

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 04:00 PM
ZERO WING

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Parodius (http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/parodius/parodius.htm), for that matter.

And Cho Aniki (http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/choaniki/choaniki.htm).

Erdrick Holmes
04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Parodius (http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/parodius/parodius.htm), for that matter.

Damn, the chicks in those games are hot.

DMKA
04-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Kula World. You play as a beach ball, navigating bizarre mazes that routinely defy the laws of physics.

Beautiful game, though.

But when you think about it... Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the most bizarre games ever. Let's look closely...

You play as a bipedal hedgehog. This hedgehog is completely bollock naked except for a pair of shoes and a pair of gloves. Unlike hedgehogs in the real world, he can run really fast. He is also blue.
In his spare time, he likes to collect gold rings that litter the ground - and the air - all over his world. By collecting rings, he can do... special stuff. His main job, though, is defeating a plump bald fellow who likes machines. This hedgehog destroys machines to rescue the cute critters trapped inside. He destroys them by impaling them with his spines.
The old fellow constantly upgrades his enormous devices, trying in vain to defeat a hedgehog. He has also horded powerful crystals, which are vitally important to the world for some reason, but it's no big deal if the hedgehog doesn't get them back.

Eventually, one hedgehog acting alone is able to destroy all the machines and free all the critters, who - despite their sheer weight of numbers - were too hopelessly defenseless to resist one old man who is unable to fend off a single nude hedgehog.
Everyone is free and happy, the machines are destroyed, and the old scientist is allowed to escape and foment a new evil plot.

If that ain't wierd, I don't know what is.
I lol'd.

Wario Ware Inc is hands down the strangest game I've ever witnessed. o_o

Erdrick Holmes
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
That would also make the Mario games weird, too. A plumber who spends his time eating mushrooms to grow taller and jumps on turtles with wings to save a kingdom inhabited by talking mushroom people.

Besides Sonic kicks ass anyway.

SeeDRankLou
04-14-2005, 06:01 PM
While I love Pikmin, it is a very weird game, concept wise at least.

Also, Donkey Konga is weird because, well, your playing the bongos as a controller. It's fun though.

Rainecloud
04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Mischief Makers for the Nintendo 64. Great game, though.

KoShiatar
04-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Kula World is great! And also really funny when you burn holes in the ball :-P

Ren & Stimpty is REALLY weird but there are worst games to my opinion.
What about Parappa the Rapper? You get dancing teachings from an eggplant with dreadlocks....
And Beavis & Butthead for the Snes. Wait, that was not weird, that was just plain stupid!

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Cubivore is, without a doubt, the weirdest game I've seen in my life. You're a little squarish animal thing...and by eating grass and other animals you get bigger...and then you mate and soon die, and inhabit the body of your offspring, and get bigger and better to become the ultimate animal...or something. You get various points in the game, including "Horn points"--and..HUMP POINTS! xD
http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/animalleader/doubutsu5.jpg

Chzn8r
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Super Monkey Ball
Pikmin
Katamari Damacy

The upcoming Killer 7.

DaremihC
04-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Boy and his Blob was strange...

But the Motherload is:
Kickle Cubicle

That game is weird.

Lord Chainsaw
04-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Probably Zombie Nation on the NES. I don't remember the story very well, but an alien by the name of Darc Seed has invaded Earth and is destroying it. He has already taken over America. Now for some reason, the ghostly spirit head of a samurai warrior has risen to combat Darc Seed.

It's a 2D sidescroll shooter in which you play as a big floating zombie head that rampages through the cities of the United States. I don't know how you're actually supposed to be saving the world when you're blowing all this stuff up with your explosive vomit and eating the tiny men falling out of the windows, but I guess it works.

Bad game too. Frustratingly hard. I can't get past level 3 myself.

KuRt
04-16-2005, 09:47 AM
definetly mgs2. there is no stranger game: "the colonel is a member of patriots, he died over a 100 years ago, still he met solid snake live 2 years ago"

Old Manus
04-16-2005, 09:54 AM
The colonel Raiden was speaking to was not Colonel Campbell. He retired after the end of MGS1. The one Raiden was speaking to was a computer called GW, pretending to be the colonel. In the end once GW had been infected, it was a completely different computer called JFK.

Big D
04-16-2005, 09:57 AM
definetly mgs2. there is no stranger game: "the colonel is a member of patriots, he died over a 100 years ago, still he met solid snake live 2 years ago"That wasn't the real Colonel; that was a computer-generated illusion being created by the GW artificial intelligence inside Arsenal Gear. The Patriots were using GW to manipulate Raiden, as part of their big scheme - the 'S3' plan, to see if they could manipulate events totally in their favour by controlling the flow of information.

The 'real' Patriots were the Philosophers, and the original members did die a long time ago. However, the Philosophers were revived*, in America at least, during the Cold War. They later became known as 'the Patriots', although the concept was the same - the influence exerted by the true holders of social, political and economic power. Much about them still remains a mystery.

*Not literally revived, just the concept and its implementation.

Damn, Old Manus has beaten me to it:p

Old Manus
04-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Yours is more concise than mine.

Dreddz
04-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Cel-shaded games to me look really good atm

Drift
04-16-2005, 12:54 PM
weirdest game? pac-man so addictive and weird!

KuRt
04-16-2005, 08:38 PM
definetly mgs2. there is no stranger game: "the colonel is a member of patriots, he died over a 100 years ago, still he met solid snake live 2 years ago"That wasn't the real Colonel; that was a computer-generated illusion being created by the GW artificial intelligence inside Arsenal Gear. The Patriots were using GW to manipulate Raiden, as part of their big scheme - the 'S3' plan, to see if they could manipulate events totally in their favour by controlling the flow of information.

The 'real' Patriots were the Philosophers, and the original members did die a long time ago. However, the Philosophers were revived*, in America at least, during the Cold War. They later became known as 'the Patriots', although the concept was the same - the influence exerted by the true holders of social, political and economic power. Much about them still remains a mystery.

*Not literally revived, just the concept and its implementation.

Damn, Old Manus has beaten me to it:p

still weird. Mgs and the nes versions are still the only ones worth playing, alos maybe mgs3 but just barely

redxiiii
04-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Ever played incredible Crisis now thats weird!!!

Maxico
04-16-2005, 10:35 PM
still weird. Mgs and the nes versions are still the only ones worth playing, alos maybe mgs3 but just barely

That would be nes verson... only one. MSX versions maybe.

Cloud No.9
04-16-2005, 10:37 PM
anyone ever played gregory horror show? now that game was the wierdest thing ever. one of the greatest under-rated gamers ever. a true classic. but very very surreal.

Swordicanus
04-16-2005, 10:54 PM
one weird game is Viewtiful joe

black orb
04-16-2005, 11:18 PM
>>> Gals Panic games, are weird...

Raven Nox
04-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Well... I guess Sheep Raider... but then that was a looney tunes game, so it was going to be a tad weird... it's a fun game though, if only a little confusing in later levels.

Alitz
04-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Ever played incredible Crisis now thats weird!!!
Ohh, yeah. I played that. now that is weird, especially the thing with the ferris wheel and the woman o_0

Strider
04-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Ooh, Earthworm Jim!

Flamethrower
04-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Burger Time.

http://www.rarevids.com/pictures/nes/Burgertime.jpg

Destai
04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Id have to say the last parts of MGS2. I was in my house alone, it was dark and raining outside and the only light was from the tv screen. Then the game started telling me Id failed the mission and to turn off the console me:"........?" Then this image of a japanese woman doing indoor sunbathing showed up in place off the map and I dropped the controller. I went down stairs, waited a few minutes, came back up, Lets add to the tension. I realize the character Im playing is naked and the colonel who was giving me mission details throughout the game starts phoning me up to tell me about his U.F.O. sightings, His failing marriage and of course, the purple flabjupcroffler. That was an interesting game.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-17-2005, 09:33 PM
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in Flap-Jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

Pure genius.

Xalioniaf
04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Hmm...
Katamari Damacy
Cubivore
Super Mario Ball(import)
Touch Kirby(yet another import)

Halifax Housewife
04-18-2005, 03:48 AM
Psychonauts for X-Box. Made by Tim S.

What a messed up game.

Old Manus
04-18-2005, 08:03 AM
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in Flap-Jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

It's better because Raiden just pays no attention to these at all.

MJN SEIFER
04-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Hamtaro: Ham-ham heartbreak. >_> Fun for a while though. Toejam and Earl is kinda weird too, the whole concept of the game but that makes it so original. xD

At least it's a good game (Of an excelent show that I grew up with!)

KaintheDragoon80
04-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Probably Stretch Panic, you play as a little girl who uses a posessed scarf to save her sisters. And the strangest enemies, are women in bikinis that have breasts 3 times their own size A PIECE. Please don't look at me like I am a pervert, I'm not making this up lol.