PDA

View Full Version : Should I go DS or PSP?

DarthCuddles
04-14-2005, 03:44 AM
I have been thinking on getting either a Sony PSP or a Nintendo DS. The DS gets tops on my list since it's cheaper and I don't gots no job-type thing for monies. :nibbles: :shoot:
I'm not sure if I should go that way since the DS doesn't seem to have many good game. The PSP costs more, but can do a whole helluva lot more. From people who have these, which would you reccomend?
:twak:

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 03:56 AM
I choose all my systems based off the games it has. There's really no point in going for anything else... if you buy a system that lacks games you like, it's a waste of money.

I've had the pleasure of playing both systems, and as systems go they're both wonderful. So I cant help much there. I recommend getting a list of current and future releases of both systems and choosing from that list. Though I will say that Wario Ware Touched for the DS is EXTREMELY fun.

Shlup
04-14-2005, 03:56 AM
My boyfriend's brother has a DS, and I have a PSP, so I've spent plenty of time with both of them. PSPs are tits. Get one.

EDIT: You can't pick between PSP and DS based on the games. DS currently has better games, but now that I have a PSP I don't need an iPod, and I can watch movies and watch anime and read manga and, though a certain method, read eBooks. Sure, the only game worth buying right now is Lumines, but PSPS ARE TITS.

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 04:03 AM
Pick whichever. If you know someone who has a DS with some games, you can "leech" off of them to play some games together.

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 04:06 AM
My boyfriend's brother has a DS, and I have a PSP, so I've spent plenty of time with both of them. PSPs are tits. Get one.

EDIT: You can't pick between PSP and DS based on the games. DS currently has better games, but now that I have a PSP I don't need an iPod, and I can watch movies and watch anime and read manga and, though a certain method, read eBooks. Sure, the only game worth buying right now is Lumines, but PSPS ARE TITS.

Depends on if you want it for that stuff. It's great for all that, but I'd rather do most of it on the computer. I'd get a PSP myself, but if I had an iPod already I wouldnt bother. edit: Eh, I mean, if I had an iPod I may get a DS instead. Blah.

Strider
04-14-2005, 04:06 AM
I've got myself a DS, and I like the fact it can play GBA games as well as DS games. I don't know too much about the PSP, but which you should get really depends on what you're looking for in your system. I'd say the DS, for sure, is a little more game-based while the PSP is more multi-media driven.

Shlup
04-14-2005, 04:14 AM
It's great for all that, but I'd rather do most of it on the computer.
Maybe if you'd get off your lazy ass and go to college you'd love to have a PSP to play with and read on during classes, ya bum!

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Maybe you should try learning during classes you jack ass!

Shlup
04-14-2005, 04:21 AM
If you would get off your lazy ass and go to classes with me you would know that I am smart enough to use the PSP and take totally sexy notes.

But, anyway.... PSP is a multimedia machine, DS is a game machine. I prefer the PSP by quite a bit, even though I love Nintendo with all my buns, but I suppose it depends on what's important to you.

Now watch, I'm gonna show Ashley my PSP this weekend and she's gonna be like "OMG this is tits!" Yay!

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 04:22 AM
Hey, I never said it WASNT tits! It's freaking great! I played Billow's already.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-14-2005, 04:35 AM
PSP
Metal Gear Acid
Lumines
DS
Castlevania DS (9/26)
Final Fantasy III (TBA)
Katamari Damacy DS (TBA)
Kirby Canvas Curve (6/13)
Meteos (6/27)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (8/22)
New Super Mario Bros. (TBA)
Polarium (4/18)
So, the PSP has more worthwhile games, while the DS will have more worthwhile games in the near future.

Arthurdent_78
04-14-2005, 05:24 AM
What the h**l is tits? and I don't mean the body part! At 26, am I that old that I'm already starting to lose touch? Ugh, shoot me if I am, or just summon Bahamut on me, either works :[

Erdrick Holmes
04-14-2005, 05:29 AM
DS because I'm not on good terms with SCEA at the moment.

Ichimonji
04-14-2005, 05:35 AM
The PSP seems to be increasingly popular because of the fact that it'd a multimedia gadget rather than the fact that it plays games. I mean, I'd probably get one just because I lack an Ipod. If you're a big gamer then yeah go for DS, it has a variety of fun addictive games, and the innovative touch feature. Though the PSP beats the DS out in every technical feature, except for the price and battery power. I'd say choose the PSP, but it's really your choice. I've played the DS and it's extremely fun.

Alice
04-14-2005, 06:11 AM
PSP has ONLINE capes yo... it can mmorph and everything! DS sucks... PSP is the bomb, it will have so many more games than the DS, as a matter of fact all the reviews say psp WILL have more game than the DS because not many designers care for the interface, they like the PSP more. Sooner or later the DS will not have so many "original" gaming ideas and could get boring... while the PSP has soo many capes id die for one... if i could play it in heaven...

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
The only thing the DS lacks when compared to the PSP, is the graphics, the PSP has better graphics. Even though they are both 3D and both very good looking.

Unlike what some people seem to think, the DS also has Online and multimedia features!
And if you don't have a GBA, a DS is a great buy because it can play all the GBA games as well! ^_^; So in the end, it will always have more games than the PSP! =P

I'm not going to go into my huge list of DS vs PSP rant... cause if you search a little in this forum, you'll run into it...

Bottom line, the DS is half the price of the PSP, and can do everything the PSP can do, plus it has triple the battery life! The only thing the DS lacks in, is the graphics, and they still aren't that bad.

There is a great line up of games comming out on both systems, but frankly, I see a lot more inovative and original games coming to the DS. If you go look up a list of future DS games, there are quite a few that I personally can't wait for! ^_^

And the DS will soon have Online features that you can use where ever there is a wireless network! Plus soon, in the coming months, in a lot of game stores you will start to see DS kiosks where you can take your DS and download a mini game that will replace Pictochat (until you tell it to go away) So that you can have mini games/demos without a cartige.

Last thing, this is just personal experiance, but it shows how nice Nintendo is lol. At the Local College Video Game Developement Club, a friend of mine mailed letters to Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, asking the prices of their Dev Kits... Of course Sony came back and said they refused to sell Dev Kits to non-companies. Microsoft never replied... And Nintendo replied saying that they have just FedExed 2 Nintendo GameCube Dev Kits (worth $1000 each) to the Club (for free) and that they will arrive soon!
Isn't Nintendo great! ^_^/ Go with the DS! Definantly! It also has link up possibilities in the future with the Revolution! ;)

-N-
04-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Tits are pretty cool. Therefore, I'll have to agree with Shlup. Tits are teh rawk.

For those of you who don't realize how awesome tits are, here's an example. (uh_no_I_don't_want_to_be_banned)

Shlup
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
*clicks furiously*

Rostum
04-14-2005, 10:52 AM
The only thing the DS lacks when compared to the PSP, is the graphics, the PSP has better graphics. Even though they are both 3D and both very good looking.

Unlike what some people seem to think, the DS also has Online and multimedia features!
And if you don't have a GBA, a DS is a great buy because it can play all the GBA games as well! ^_^; So in the end, it will always have more games than the PSP! =P

I'm not going to go into my huge list of DS vs PSP rant... cause if you search a little in this forum, you'll run into it...

Bottom line, the DS is half the price of the PSP, and can do everything the PSP can do, plus it has triple the battery life! The only thing the DS lacks in, is the graphics, and they still aren't that bad.

There is a great line up of games comming out on both systems, but frankly, I see a lot more inovative and original games coming to the DS. If you go look up a list of future DS games, there are quite a few that I personally can't wait for! ^_^

And the DS will soon have Online features that you can use where ever there is a wireless network! Plus soon, in the coming months, in a lot of game stores you will start to see DS kiosks where you can take your DS and download a mini game that will replace Pictochat (until you tell it to go away) So that you can have mini games/demos without a cartige.

Last thing, this is just personal experiance, but it shows how nice Nintendo is lol. At the Local College Video Game Developement Club, a friend of mine mailed letters to Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, asking the prices of their Dev Kits... Of course Sony came back and said they refused to sell Dev Kits to non-companies. Microsoft never replied... And Nintendo replied saying that they have just FedExed 2 Nintendo GameCube Dev Kits (worth $1000 each) to the Club (for free) and that they will arrive soon!
Isn't Nintendo great! ^_^/ Go with the DS! Definantly! It also has link up possibilities in the future with the Revolution! ;)

I would really think that kissing the girl in your signiture, would be a wonderous adventure.

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
PSP has more functions and better games plus graphics so PSP definatly

Lindy
04-14-2005, 01:01 PM
They're both damn awful right now.

You just know that, not only will they both drop in price over time, but Sony will probably released an improved version of the PSP with better battery life and Nintendo will do the same with DS.

That and I'd rather wait to get one until I KNOW I can get good games, rather than games that are coming in the future.

Razo
04-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Personally i would recommend you to get yourself a DS rather than a PSP for several reasons.

DS, firstly, does in fact go online as well with WiFi capabilities, there's not much better than that.

Even though PSP has slightly better graphics, both are practically similar, can both go 3D, and its the gameplay rite? which is where the DS comes in, enabling countless possiblities.

The DS has several innovative features, including the touch screen and voice recognition, which i'm sure is definately a plus. I find that the PSP is doing far too much of the ovbious, if you wanna watch movies, get a portable dvd, or wouldn't u rather watch it on a television its much more atmospheric? Mp3 players don't cost too much, and the PSP doesn't enable many features for video or audio playback, with a barely descent way of organising your media. The DS however, Focuses mainly on it being a gaming console, which is what you'll get, far better games. Nothing The PSP offers is truly original or breathtaking. Also, Nintendo is likely to creat some sort of conectivity feature that is likey to interact with the next generation console.

DS, so far, has a much better library, and also with playback of older games grom the GBA. Titles such as 'Super Mario 64 DS', Metroid Prime Hunters', willmore than likely bring you hours of guaranteed escapism. Even if you can't play games you are able to download demos or speak to others online using PictoChat. DS (knowing Nintendo) also offers many more multiplayer friendly titles and with wireless and online capabiltites, will offer much more enjoyment in the long run.

The DS's battery life last much longer than that of the PSP, resulting in much more of that gaming pleasure we hope to acheive from a long holiday trip, and a more enjoyable handheld experience.

Finally, and one of the most important factors being, that the price is substantially lower. Realistically with both consoles, it is likely you will play the games just as much, with a similar lastibility. Wouldn't you rather play games at a lower price? not only that but you would be able to save money, and in fact buy more games due to the cheaper prices nintendo offers. The touch screen and other revolutionary ideas more than cover any of the pros that the PSP may offer.

I have no doubt that you will enjoy the DS much more, I highly recommend you choose this over the PSP and you won't regret it, from the features, the games, the specs, and the prices, you'd be crazy not to buy this product over the PSP.

Xander
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Though I will say that Wario Ware Touched for the DS is EXTREMELY fun.

Yeah, I played this on a display stand in a shop and I kept going back to it, it was addictive xD

Although I agree, it's about the games, as people keep saying. Buy the one that has games on it you think you would like to play! It's as simple as that. Which will you get the most fun out of, and want to play with the most? The PSP may cost more but if you'll enjoy it more, it'll be worth it. It's not about anything else, it's not about opinions, which is better, it's about which one you'll enjoy using and want to play the games on.

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 07:10 PM
I would really think that kissing the girl in your signiture, would be a wonderous adventure.
LOL, Thats Utada Hikaru, a JPop star that I've been into since high school. She's Nintendo's DS spokes woman in Japan. ^_^;
If you click on my Sig, it will link to a site with a whole bunch of Japapnese DS commercials with Utada in them! ^_^ Just go to the media gallery. The song she sings in those commercials is "Easy Breezy". lol ^_~ I can translate most of those commercials. XD "Is it ok if I touch it?" XD

Anyway...

gibbi8: you obviously haven't been reading peoples posts... do some real research, and actually compare the 2! The DS can do everything the PSP can! And it can do it cheaper! There are also some features of the DS that the PSP CAN't do...

Shoden
04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
PSP

it gets Final Fantasy 7 crisis core and Advent children

the PSP has PS2 like graphics

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Pee Ess Peh.

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 07:29 PM
From what I've seen of the PSP, its just a PS1 with a few advances like higher texture resolution. And although the graphics looks a little better than the DS currently... Its the ONLY thing the PSP can do above the DS.

There are also a LOT more flaws and bugs with the PSP. The PSP uses discs, so you always have that buzzing in the background while you play. Its very weak aggainst physical shock, you drop it, its gone. The screens occasionally contain bubbles and dead pixles, which Sony wont repair. And the UMD disc shoots out if you play it too hard. The little joystick breaks easilly.
Don't even think about letting young sibblings play with your PSP... or its gone.

The DS has none of these problems, and is built to stand up to actual portability and children!

BTW, I recently bought a GameCube... and I used to be a Sony fanboy, but now I'm more of a Nintendo fan. Of course I'll play whatever system has the games I want on it. lol GameCube actually has better graphics than the PS2. lol

Laguna
04-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I checked most reviews on sites like www.gamefaqs.com and the psp gets much higher marks. The problem with the DS is that whilst it is original it doesnt really utilise that factor well enough (apparently).

I'd go PSP- you can do more with it anyway cant you?

Ichimonji
04-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Tidus Andronicus: Dude, you are so biased it's not even funny.

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Like I said... you can do the same things the PSP can do with the DS!
The DS can do everything and more that the PSP can do!

And although some of the features of the DS haven't been put to much use currently, in the coming months, many games will be released that will be amazing and fully use the DS's capabilities!

Plus, the DS can take bios upgrades from the game cartridges! So in the future we will see even better features on the DS, even better than pictochat!

EDIT: You call me bias? O_o Why don't you provide some proof of your statements supporting the PSP? I'm just stating the facts between the 2 systems!

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 07:44 PM
LOL How many of these DS vs PSP threads are we gonna start?

Use the search button people! lol =3

Anyway, I'd go for the DS all the way!
As Tidus says, it can do everything the PSP can do! Only reason people support the PSP is cause its made by Sony, and most people are of the opinion that Sony is more mature than Nintendo. Of course I've seen a lot of things to the contrary... but whatever...

If you take some time, and actually search for the stats on both systems, its clear that they both do just about the same thing... The DS has a little more features (that are actually usefull) and the PSP has a little better graphics.

Honestly, anyone that wants to use the PSP to watch those ridiculiously expensive UMD movies that you can't use anywhere else, are wasting their money.

Most of what I've seen out/coming out on the PSP is just series remakes of other games currently on the PS2. Only game on it that I want is Lumines. Most the games on the DS (the ones that aren't made by Nintendo) are new and original, and more are on their way. Where as, what I see coming to the PSP are still remakes. =/

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 07:59 PM
So... the DS can play movies and store and play mp3s?

And the UMD movies are only going to cost as much as a regular DVD, from what I've read.

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Wow... the same price as normal DVDs that you can play anywhere? What a ripoff... cause you can only play them on a small handheld screen...
And why use the UMD movies, if you just have to recharge your PSP 3/4ths of the way through the movie? o.o
Just use your money to buy the DVD version and you'll be all set! x3

And yes, the DS can play movies and MP3s easilly!
For example:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=3983&
There are a couple of these kinds of things out there. And this allows you to do it a lot cheaper than the PSP ^_~
And Nintendo is even planning to release their own version of this product soon! =3

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Oh come on. It's a rip off if they're more, and it's a rip off if they're the same price?

I really dont care about either system, to be honest.

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I just don't think that it should be the same price. It should be cheaper, cause you can only play it on the PSP! Its a smaller picture and thus less quality than a DVD. So it shouldn't be as expensive.

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 08:30 PM
My opinion of the PSP is that the whole thing is a rip...
Its twice the price of the DS!! $250??!!! Thats just not right for a handheld.

Maybe its just us Nintendo fans that are spoiled by their wonderfully cheap and good products and services. XD XD =P

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't usually buy handheld consoles to listen to music or watch movies. I expect to be solely playing games. The features the PSP have is nice to have, but it's nothing that makes it more special than the DS. Both have their advantages. The PSP, however, is more vulnerable to break easily, than the DS, because it has moveable parts, and a lack of a protective case.

Anyway, both have their advantages.

The PSP is like a Portable Playstation, but the DS is an entirely new system with an original idea with the use of a touch screen, and it's still able to play GBA games, which can be an advantage if you never owned a GBA, in the past.

I would also like to add that if you intend to buy a PSP to play your MP3, dig out an extra $100+ for a 1 GB memory stick, because that's the only way you'll play your mp3s.

http://www.mp3.com/Will+the+PSP+replace+your+iPod%3F/stories/1276.html

Shoden
04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
ah but the DS has a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif lifespan with the charge unlike the PSP

Psp has better graphics (alot) its near PS2 style graphics

games like Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core
and the almighty Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 08:52 PM

Anyway...

gibbi8: you obviously haven't been reading peoples posts... do some real research, and actually compare the 2! The DS can do everything the PSP can! And it can do it cheaper! There are also some features of the DS that the PSP CAN't do...

I have compared them too and the PSP has more functions. DS is more for games while the PSP can play movies be a phone and an MP3. Ds will probably try these but wont be as good as they are more concerned with the games. Plus Sony know more stuff anout MP3 technology and Nintendo dosent so the PSP will come out better

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I have the DS movie player, and I can honestly say, it plays MP3s and Movies on the DS, just as good as the PSP can! =P

Shoden
04-14-2005, 08:55 PM
think of the Xbox/PS2.NGC thing Sony won on popularity
so the PSP will blow the DS to hell

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Sure will
I hate fanboys of certain consoles.
I mean when the Gamecube came out Nintendo people were talking all types of crap saying that its far better than any other machine. Look at the state of them now. Not saying thats gonna happen to the DS but people should be warned as Sony has alot of tricks up there sleves.

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 09:12 PM
LOL Both companies are equal in popularity!!

In this situation, History repeats its self! =P And in every instance, Nintendo, when faced with a superior but expensive, poorly builty, and not power efficiant hand held system, has always beaten the competition!

And from seeing that the only thing 'superior' the PSP has to the DS is graphics. Its not good enough to beat Nintendo! =P
^_^;

Shoden
04-14-2005, 09:16 PM
the NDS has a short life span comapred to the PSP

the PSP takes discs and Chips

has PS2 like graphics

Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core and Advent Children released for the PSP and the PSP only so that will boost its marks even further no offence but the DS will flop just as the Xbox did

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Hahahahaha
Ok I guess there are alot of Nintendo fanboys but I just want them to face the truth and know that the Gamecube is sliding.
The Playstation fangroup is getting larger as we speak. Gamecube is not selling as well and not as many games are coming out.
Im not a fanboy but im just saying that Nintendo arent as hot as they used to be

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 09:34 PM
O_o What hole do you people live in? XD

Xbox is the most popular system right now, and Playstation is on the decline. The GameCube has its fans, and is currently the cheapest console you can buy, so its the best buy. Plus, the Revolution promises Inovation that will knock all the systems for a loop.

And Shoden you obviously haven't held either system, let alone read anything about them...
I don't know weather your referring to battery life, or the life of the system, but in both cases the DS is the winner! We've already descused the battery life... And the DS can play GBA games, so obviously it will last as long as there are GBA games out there... >_>

Need I even remind you all that the DS still out sells the PSP by quite a large number...

NM
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
ah but the DS has a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif lifespan with the charge unlike the PSP

Are you talking about battery life?

If so, I don't know what you've been reading but the DS will out do a PSP on a full charge by about 5 hours.

It's well documented that the PSP battery will last around 6 hours. And even that depends on certain conditions.

As i've said in other threads on this topic, the PSP is a good system with lot's of features. The problem I have with it are battery life, dead pixels on the screens and dodgy square buttons. None of which Sony seem bothered about fixing with there, thats how it is take it or leave it attitude.

I have a DS and i'm pleased with it. It's got a good battery life, around 10-12 hours, built in WiFi for multiplayer, and it can play GBA game's. As for the DS game's Mario64 DS, Wario Ware Touched and Yoshi Touch and Go are the best one's avilable at the moment.

I think both machine's are good but imo, Sony rushed the PSP and released it before it was ready. The DS is the better piece of kit for me.

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
God damn, the fanboyism in this thread is getting ridiculious. People are passing off opinions as facts, blasting people who buy Nintendo systems for things that didn't happen, and attacking Sony just because they're not Nintendo. I happen to love Nintendo with all my heart, and believe that they are hands down the best game developer in the world, but that's not going to stop me from looking at the situation objectively.
Nintendo DS
+/-Obviously a gamer's machine.
+Has two screens that could provide for some extremely unique gameplay, but is currently being utilized only somewhat effectively.
+Has fairly impressive 1Gig+ memory cards for holding games.
+Is compatible with GBA games.
+Will soon be online/wi-fi compatible.
-Has (only) better-than-N64 quality graphics.
+Superior battery life to the PSP
-Doesn't have many good games out now.
+Will eventually have some awesome titles, like Four Swords, Mario Kart, Advance Wars, Super Smash Bros, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Animal Crossing, and maybe more available for online play.
-Only has a D-Pad, small buttons
-Small screens
+$150 price point

Sony PSP
+/- A multimedia machine--plays movies, games, browses the net, etc.
+Awesome, huge screen
+Has better buttons and an analog stick
+Near-PS2 quality visuals
+UMD discs hold a lot of information
-Is more fragile than a DS
-Fairly (though not horribly) short battery life
+Has some decent launch titles, like WipEout Pure, Ridge Racer
-Requires memory sticks to save information
+Can use those memory sticks for a plethora of different things
-$250 price point
+Will have games like Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and Lumines
+Online compatible

It's really a matter of what you want. If you want games with that awesome Nintendo quality we know and love, don't care about the graphics too much, are mainly in it for the gaming, and don't want to spend a ton of money, the DS is the perfect buy. If you want to be able to listen to music and play games, or watch movies, and have the extra cash to spend, the PSP is the better piece of hardware, though its game support at the moment is a bit light.

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
There are quite a few good games on the DS right now! ^_^ At least half the current release are great games!
And the DS's screens were the bigger than most other handhelds, until the PSP. Its only small when compared to PSP, and even then, the PSP is just wider.

I might add, that I've played the PSP, and some games on it have terrible camera angles... >_< they should have made on screen sprites smaller, cause in a few games, the main characters fill 1/4th for the screen and its hard to see the surroundings. Its a good screen, just don't make things to big on it. =/

Thats just opinion. x3

Shoden
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
*WRONG ANSWER* i've been to a game exhibit down in Sunderland and ive seen previews and held tjhe DS battery life = 2-3 hours PSP = 7+

the PSP will be getting Final Fantasy Crisis core and advent children
the DS is no where near as good graphics as the PSP

GBA games so that isnt NDS games you know
we're talking about platform formatted games not compatible games

PSP has a high memory if you buy the extension pack

the PSP is only £120 and the Ds is around £300

so the PSP is cheaper in the UK
plus i have a feeling the Dual touch screen will get annoying with the DS so im not wasting my money

any Hardcore Final Fantasy Fan and someone with common sense will get the PSP out of instinct as it is made by sony and sony are a very popular system
the PS1 was the first of its kind to surpass the 32 bit system
then came the PS2 which is more popular than the NGC by approx 5 miles (expression im not going fanboyish i'm giving out the true facts on the history opf the console wars... is ound like Yoda on weed when i say that .... anyway apologies to people who take this to offence)

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Dude, Shoden, your an idiot...

The DS has a Battery life of generally 10+ hours. I've even heard of people getting much longer out of it. (some around 20 hours, but no proof of that)
The PSP seems to have, in good conditions, 6- hours of BL. And on average its about 4-5.

Don't spread false information...

I speak from not only what I read (info in every PSP vs DS review), but from my own experiance and my friends experiances! My DS goes for at least 12 hours on a single charge! And I've seen the PSP's Battery Life first hand, and after a full charge it only lasts 3 hours tops with WiFi on...

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 10:14 PM
*WRONG ANSWER* i've been to a game exhibit down in Sunderland and ive seen previews and held tjhe DS battery life = 2-3 hours PSP = 7+

I seriously, seriously doubt that. I have a friend who has one, and it easily has a 10 hour batter life. Regardless, it's way, way over 2-3 hours. Do some research.

GBA games so that isnt NDS games you know
we're talking about platform formatted games not compatible games
What the hell does that mean?

PSP has a high memory if you buy the extension pack
Yes, but that's mainly only beneficial if you're using it as an MP3 player. Someone who wasn't would be buying memory sticks for games for a handheld, which I think is pretty crappy--but if you use it for MP3s, it's great.

the PSP is only £120 and the Ds is around £300
Can someone confirm this? Sounds way, way wrong to me.

so the PSP is cheaper in the UK
plus i have a feeling the Dual touch screen will get annoying with the DS so im not wasting my money
Yes, those inventive features sure do get in the way. Let's ditch them so we can have absolutely nothing in the way of inspired gameplay ever again!

any Hardcore Final Fantasy Fan and someone with common sense will get the PSP out of instinct as it is made by sony and sony are a very popular system
the PS1 was the first of its kind to surpass the 32 bit system
then came the PS2 which is more popular than the NGC by approx 5 miles (expression im not going fanboyish i'm giving out the true facts on the history opf the console wars... is ound like Yoda on weed when i say that .... anyway apologies to people who take this to offence)
This is the exact type of brainless fanboyism I was referring to.

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Wow! Shoden sure knows his stuff! He has almost everything backwards.

DS is the cheaper and longer lasting of the two...

And let's also ignore the fact that Square-Enix is going to bring Final Fantasy III to the DS.

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 10:18 PM
The PS1 was the first of its kind to surpass the 32 bit system.
HAH, Hardly... The PS1 couldn't hold a candle to other systems of its time... And the Sega Saturn was soo much better... lol
http://ciprianispasta.com/~pkgingo/nights.mov

The PS1 Couldn't do fully real time 3D. =P

Shoden
04-14-2005, 10:26 PM
i've read this all in the issue of Game last month
heard it at Gamestation (game shop)
had reliable sources about the prices a friend whos Dad knows someone who works at Sony

if taht was so then CC and AC would be on the Ds which is bull as it was announced PSP release

the DS is larger than the PSP so it can be harder to take places
newspapers interviews all said the PSP will win this (console war hee hee) rivalry
Sony is a better company ((if it werent for them id live a life of pure boredem no DVD player no PS2 no Final Fantasy and i wouldnt be here, i never had a Snes or Nes just a sega megadrive 2, sorry if you dont like my facts but whats done is done the majority of my friends have also chosen the PSP over the DS and have preordered theres (dammit if only i had the money then now ill have to wait and see if ill get lucky enough to get 1)

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
The UK must be a complete bizzaro world from the rest of the planet...

Shoden
04-14-2005, 10:34 PM
most of the world uses the Euro or Dollar these days

£1 = $0,5 but just coz of that doesnt mean the prices will be that blame the british government about it not me i didnt make the UK screwed i swear *looks around shakes and runs*

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 10:38 PM
well, =/ that might be, we'd have to check what the prices are there... but I'd still say somethings not right...

can anyone confirm prices in the UK?

Tidus Andronicus
04-14-2005, 10:41 PM
hmm Whatever, I give up on arguing this thing again... If you want more facts, check the previous thread here for more info on the PSP vs DS.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-14-2005, 10:51 PM
the PSP is only £120 and the Ds is around £300PSP: £179.99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002S9JAM/026-7234909-2466863)
DS: £99.99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002S9AHE/qid=1113515152/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/026-7234909-2466863)
the DS is larger than the PSP so it can be harder to take placesUhm (http://ascully.home.mchsi.com/psp/1.jpg).

XxSephirothxX
04-14-2005, 10:52 PM
the PSP is only £120 and the Ds is around £300PSP: £179.99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002S9JAM/026-7234909-2466863)
DS: £99.99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002S9AHE/qid=1113515152/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/026-7234909-2466863)

Thanks, Kishi. I figured it was more like that. :D

NM
04-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Shoden, I don't know where you get your information from, but you got everything backwards.

UK price for a DS is £99.99
PSP will be anywhere from £150-200

Battery life on a DS is 10+ hour's. PSP is around 6 hours.

Also how can you claim Crisis Core is a good game? As far as I know there hasn't been any screenshots or gameplay information released. Advent Children is a CG animated film. It's being released on the UMD format for the PSP as well as normal DVD. I don't think anyone would buy a system for a 70 minute film.

I'm not gonna bother discussing anything else, as you as you seem to have made your mind up that two Final Fantasy products + "better graphics" constitute a better system.

Shoden
04-14-2005, 11:10 PM
wtf? well the Ds is larger than the PSP

if the DS is that cheap msut have /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif games like

i recall the PSP's price being deducted for fairness well look on the bright side peeps

the Xbox was over half a grand when it was first released the PS2 was 300 and the NGC was about 200 quid

Nintendos a cheap company what do you expect (i shoulda known now i trust what my brain tells not this effing magazine) the PSP seems wider good so it will be easier to hold (i had trouble with the GBA SP damn these large hands!) we'll know when they launch worldwide in a few months which one outdoes which
you hear about the Gizmondo? its like the Xbox to the trio (thats gonna go down a hell of alot before any of them 2, i told you before i apologized for any offence taken, um can i hit myself with a shovel now?)

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
um can i hit myself with a shovel now?Yes.

Shoden
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
THANK YOU!!!!

Dammit i deent believe it im not buying another issue of game again

*slams the shovel in his face it goes flying and kills a perfectly good sandwhich*

(that was the randomness)

the DS is larger than the PSP in length the PSP is around the same size as a GBA i think i cant remember

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 11:22 PM
O_o What hole do you people live in? XD

Xbox is the most popular system right now, and Playstation is on the decline. The GameCube has its fans, and is currently the cheapest console you can buy, so its the best buy. Plus, the Revolution promises Inovation that will knock all the systems for a loop.

And Shoden you obviously haven't held either system, let alone read anything about them...
I don't know weather your referring to battery life, or the life of the system, but in both cases the DS is the winner! We've already descused the battery life... And the DS can play GBA games, so obviously it will last as long as there are GBA games out there... >_>

Need I even remind you all that the DS still out sells the PSP by quite a large number...

http://www.consoleuniverse.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=358

Sony will overcome the DS. The DS is trying stuff that they have not done before while Sony ares pros at work. Funny to see how Nintendo are going to do handling mobiles. I generally dont hate the DS but Sony has already wiped there foes with PS2 and will do with the PSP. The Ds's touch screen is a good idea but make you feel like your playing a cheap pacman game. The DS is more of a kiddies machine anyway. I dont like Nintendos line up with games. Those are the main reasons why I dislike the DS. About PSP's battery life. Stop nagging. The PSP's life goes on for about 6-7 hours. But who is gonna play games for that long anyway.

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 11:23 PM
O.o Nintendo's products may be cheap, cost wise... but they are certainly not cheaply built!

Nintendo is the only company that actually builds their hardware to withstand children! You can drop a GC off a building and drag it behind a truck, and it will still boot up and play games! =P Also demonstrated by Morgan Van Web. XD

And Nintendo has been in the game business a lot longer than Sony has... =P

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Im didnt say anything about is durablity anyway. Just saying that Nintendo's ideas of games are kiddish which means awful story. Cute graphics. Very easy. And intimidate you.

Daggers64
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
I was referring to a previous post by Shoden.

(oh yea, console universe must be a good reference for all my opinions on consoles... oh wait that was written by someone named Fozman on a forum...o_O Thats not a very good place for accurate console statistics.)
I happen to work for a newspaper, so I know that where I get my info is trust worthy... =P

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 11:29 PM
oh soz

Shoden
04-14-2005, 11:31 PM
really? i gotta try that myself lol

Sony is richer somehow dont ask i suck at financial stuff
the PS2 has one problem fragibility interior
thats my mines fucked up at the min i used to handle it between houses in bags and cars

but can the GC withstand having Liquid Nitrogen poured on it?
Blew up?

sorry i like blowing stuff up (well watching it anyway)

Apollo
04-14-2005, 11:31 PM
But who is gonna play games for that long anyway.
Me. :tongue:

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM

(oh yea, console universe must be a good reference for all my opinions on consoles... oh wait that was written by someone named Fozman on a forum...o_O Thats not a very good place for accurate console statistics.)
I happen to work for a newspaper, so I know that where I get my info is trust worthy... =P

This is a forum too so how can I believe you even if you do work for a newspaper. Im getting so bored of this thread anyway. We have had these same arguments in other threads.
Man I hate Nintendo Fanboys

Apollo
04-14-2005, 11:41 PM

This is a forum too so how can I believe you even if you do work for a newspaper. Im getting so bored of this thread anyway. We have had these same arguments in other threads.
Man I hate Nintendo Fanboys
Why?

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Well not only nintendo ones but all kinds. There so dedicated to there brand that they wont accept sumin. They will continue to argue just to know that there product is superor. Im not saying Nintendo are bad but I say what I believe and Know and still people are argueing even if they cant prove what im saying is wrong

Apollo
04-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Okay. :)

Agent Proto
04-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Most of Nintendo's games appeal to every age group, if that's what you mean by "kiddy" games.

I'm tired of hearing anyone label games "kiddy" or "adult" games. Games are games, regardless of who they're supposed to be aimed at. Most games aimed for "kiddies" are more likely to be educational for them in the first place.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-14-2005, 11:59 PM
READ (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-12-14&res=l)

Daggers64
04-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Touching is good! (http://touchingisgood.com/)

Lol, I do agree that Nintendo does need to wise up and grow up a little... I think they have/had an opinion that they were invincible... Although recently they seem to have gotten over that. The PSP woke them up lol.
Competition is good for technology! ^_~ So it would actually be preferable to always have more than one game company on the job... If not, would technology advance as much as it does?

I'm not a complete Fan of Nintendo, but I do think the DS is better than the PSP.

Lionx
04-15-2005, 12:42 AM
I was pretty much undecided before about which handheld was better...granted i will not get either of them until the price drops which it definetly will in the future. And after reading about how things are going between them, i decided to go to Nintendo again.

The PSP IMO is fragile, which is a HUGE factor in determining my purchase next to price(which is insanely high for a handheld). Many a time my GBC or whatever would fall off a table for one reason or another and i would NOT like my expensive piece of equipment damanged or having to spend money to fix. That frankly scares me, and that Sony unrealistically made it so fragile that i cannot share it with my siblings...which is also stupid IMO. Nintendo products in its history is great, you can flush carts down and still have save files, a GB would be burned in a building in wartime (the first GB) and although start and select buttons are destroyed, the game can still be sorta run with the screen semi-working and pad working fine. Now THATS quailty IMO, i cant see how the PSP can survive(as in breakage) if a simple fall can make it inoperable.

The battery life is another concern of mine. While 4-6 hours is not bad(i think thats it) for the PSP, the DS can go over 10 hours which means its more economical for my electricity bills when i am doing this. That and since i saw the add on for the DS on this thread, i deemed the options for PSP movies and music kinda obsolete. I also dont like forking over so much money on a memory stick...thats unreasonable. It should be an add-on, not a need to use a function. And the movie system is a joke. So bleehhh...

Another thing is that the games on the DS currently look better, and since i did not have a GBA this would be a great reason for me to look at those games i missed out on, not to mention its smaller than the PSP. The Dual Screen is innovative and i like how people are trying new things, we NEED new things..else i am going to get bored.

and lastly the focus...PSP does not seem to focus IMO on games which is the primary reason i would expect people to buy handhelds, so i feel the DS which is focusing on games themselves, should be enough reason to warrant a purchase.

Shlup
04-15-2005, 02:19 AM
You guys are all nuts. The PSP and DS are both great systems, with different features. Just decide what features are most important to you, and pick one. I'm more of a Nintendo fan, but I chose a PSP because I liked the one big screen, better graphics, and better multimedia capabilities. The DS has great features too though, so it just depends on what's more important to you.

All you fanboys are driving me nuts. I really don't think that one system is better than the other.

Rase
04-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Can someone rename this thread "Sony vs Nintendo: Clash of the Fanboys!"?

Anyway, I'm personally just going to sit tight and wait for the next actual Gameboy.

As for which is better, guess what, EVERYONE'S DIFFERENT! Different opinions make people like different things. Is it that hard to understand?

Shlup
04-15-2005, 05:31 AM
Can someone rename this thread "Sony vs Nintendo: Clash of the Fanboys!"?
No kidding. I'd so do it if I had the power.

Dreddz
04-15-2005, 10:55 AM
This thread has been done before twice
can someone just close it

Gnostic Yevon
04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm leaning psp, but I haven't decided. I don't like the touch screen, because I think it will be kinda tough to use a touch-screen on a bumpy road (i've had that trouble using a laptop on the road). Secondly, I don't think it will be good to have to bring 3 or 4 devices on a road trip. To get the same features of psp with a ds, you'd need

1.) portable dvd player
2.) ipod or another mp3 device
3.) the DS
4.) a pc for internet.

That's a lot of stuff to bring along (and possibly leave bits of in hotel rooms). I think I'd rather have 1 device that I can use for multiple things. DS might be able to do picto with another DS, but psp can go on the actual internet. although for just games, you can't really go wrong with a GBA.

Daggers64
04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
to play mp3s on the DS, all you need is the NDS/GBA movie player, that will do both for you.

And to have internet on either system, you need a computer with a wireless internet access point. Internet is only good, if the games support it... and from what I've seen, there really isn't any online games for the psp yet. Same thing with the DS.

Old Manus
04-15-2005, 04:06 PM
This is going to turn into a flame war. *is omniscient*

PSP is better. It just looks amazingly cool.

Dreddz
04-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Please can this just stop

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Quit mod-whoring. The thread stays open. Forever.

Gnostic Yevon
04-15-2005, 11:16 PM
to play mp3s on the DS, all you need is the NDS/GBA movie player, that will do both for you.

And to have internet on either system, you need a computer with a wireless internet access point. Internet is only good, if the games support it... and from what I've seen, there really isn't any online games for the psp yet. Same thing with the DS.

Actually psp can web surf. just need an access point and a suitable server.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Hackers_crack_Sony_PSP_to_allow_Internet_chat%2C_web_surfing

Dreddz
04-15-2005, 11:21 PM

Its so pointless though
Can we just end it by saying PSP is better than DS

YukiKiro
04-15-2005, 11:35 PM
PSP most definatly. better games, more quality launch titles, and you can download and play movies, music AND games. you can't possibly go wrong with a PSP. i know because i own a PSP and my friend has a DS. he's asked to swap systems for a while since i got the thing.

a plus in the DS direction though, its still cross compatable with all other game boy games. you can even dust off that old copy of paper boy and play it in the DS.

Shlup
04-15-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't know what the DS comes with, but the PSP comes with a lot of stuff. I thought it was pretty cool that they included all those accessories. It came with a wrist strap, a protective case, ear bud headphones, a little pause/play control attachment, Spider Man the Movie II, a UMD of music videos, a 32MB memory stick, and the charger.

I think I mostly leaned DS 'cause I like downloading comics to my compuer and then reading them on my PSP. I really like the DS, but PSP won me.

YukiKiro
04-15-2005, 11:52 PM
spider man 2 is exclusive to the first 1 million psps sold. just fyi.

Shlup
04-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Is it really? That's sexy. *dance*

Xalioniaf
04-16-2005, 12:09 AM
whee! handheld wars! Lets rundown a list, shall we?
Nintendo DS
-Good

Touch Screen
Durable
GBA Compatability
Strictly Gaming
Good Battery Life
Stereo Sound

-BAD

TOUCH SCREEN(it's kind of a burden).
Small Library
Most games feel like "minigames".
No other media supports(as of now)
Microphone(You'll look like a fool blowing on it!)

Sony PSP
-Good

Large Screen
Analog Stick
Multimedia Support
Wi-Fi Compatability
(unsure)Stereo Sound

-BAD

BAD BATTERY LIFE(duh)
Not aimed mainly at gaming
Too pricey
Fragile
Gives you seziures JK

Just so you know, I don't mention graphics or game ratings because THEY DON'T MAKE THE GAME YOU DAMN FOOLS!

I lean to the NDS, by the way.

Lionx
04-16-2005, 12:18 AM

Its so pointless though
Can we just end it by saying PSP is better than DS

No becuase that is just so biased XD

Dreddz
04-16-2005, 12:28 AM
I was kinda joking a bit but all this is personal taste.
I prefer PSP and dislike the DS.

Clouded Sky
04-16-2005, 12:32 AM
i buy both

Rase
04-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Can you buy me both, Mr. Moneybags? :p ;)

Dreddz
04-16-2005, 12:57 AM
i buy both

Your rich

Mookies
04-16-2005, 12:58 AM
For me it comes down to whether i want to just play games or chat with ppl 1 metre away from me. Or if i want to play games, videos, mp3s....

So PSP for me.
PSP also has a P in its name... :love: :tongue:

Daggers64
04-16-2005, 02:50 AM
As I've said before, I'd buy the PSP, if it wasn't twice the price of the DS... lol

I've not seen anyone mention that the DS also has voice recognition built into it. Which may have some interesting uses soon.

One thing I don't know, does the PSP have a built in microphone? anyone know? I've used a PSP on several occasions, but never noticed, cause I assume its not. XD
Since the DS does, it will be able to do voice chat in the future. I know the PSP can too, but do you need extra equiptment? If the PSP does have one built in, good for Sony ^_^.

Shlup
04-16-2005, 04:45 AM
I don't particularly care about voice recognition. I use my systems a lot in class, and I can't very well yell out commands in public.

I don't think PSP has a mic. I hear it's coming out with camera, GPS, and keyboard attachments though. I haven't looked into what DS accessories are coming out, and I know it won't need a keyboard because of the sylus, but I think it'll be interesting to see how these two systems evolve.

Apollo
04-16-2005, 05:28 AM
Why don't we just all shut up? The person who made this thread obviously forgot about it. :tongue:

The Shoeless Hobo
04-16-2005, 06:16 AM
PSP
Metal Gear Acid
Lumines
DS
Castlevania DS (9/26)
Final Fantasy III (TBA)
Katamari Damacy DS (TBA)
Kirby Canvas Curve (6/13)
Meteos (6/27)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (8/22)
New Super Mario Bros. (TBA)
Polarium (4/18)
So, the PSP has more worthwhile games, while the DS will have more worthwhile games in the near future.

That is the most pathetic comment I have ever seen. You are basically comparing games that are currently out on PSP to games that will be out in the future for PSP. The NDS currently has no good games out, while the PSP has a few. The NDS will get good games in the future. But right now, let's look at the PSP games that will soon hit the shelves:

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Medievil
Final Fantasy: VII-3 aswell as the movie (FFVII-2)
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
Grand Theft Auto
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Devil May Cry
Viewtiful Joe
Grand Turismo (Port of latest GT on PS2)
Tales of Eternia
...Aswell as a MMORPG

Anyway, I own a NDS. When I first got it I thought it was great. Two weeks later, I bought a ball, and that clearly out did the NDS. You see, a ball has no battery life. You also don't need any games, cause you make them up with it. Aswell as that, they are extremelly cheap, I got mine for $17.

...I so want a PSP. I may even trade in my NDS to get some extra games for my PSP.

Orcan Fang
04-16-2005, 07:58 AM
I have a DS and , on april 31 ill have PSP , so i say just buy DS or PSP , or both . I don't give a s**t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-16-2005, 08:12 AM
That is the most pathetic comment I have ever seen. You are basically comparing games that are currently out on PSP to games that will be out in the future for PSP.Actually, I was listing released and upcoming games that interest me on the PSP and released and upcoming games that interest me on the DS. It just so happens that there are no upcoming PSP games or released DS games that are seriously attractive to me. Also, watch your language.
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Medievil
Final Fantasy: VII-3 aswell as the movie (FFVII-2)
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
Grand Theft Auto
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Devil May Cry
Viewtiful Joe
Grand Turismo (Port of latest GT on PS2)
Tales of Eternia
...Aswell as a MMORPGI am interested in zero of those games except for maybe Viewtiful Joe, but there's a Viewtiful Joe game coming out for the DS, too. And Advent Children--"FFVII-2" as you call it--is coming out on DVD as well as UMD, so that's not really a selling point anyway.

Old Manus
04-16-2005, 09:49 AM
There are obviously going to be good games for each system. So for someone who wouldn't care which one he got, I think the next thing would be looks. Now, put two photos together:

PSP (http://media.playstationpro2.com/images/official_psp_design.jpg)

DS (http://www.gaming-media.com/_feature/ds/ds-2.jpg)

In my opinion, the PSP looks better. The DS looks plain and a bit weildy, due to the two screens. The PSP has some buttons in the wrong places, which I think would make it hard to press while playing. But other than that, I personally can't think of anything else that makes the PSP look bad. Though this is my biased opinion.

Big D
04-16-2005, 10:17 AM
I'll probably not buy either. Cross-compatability is a big issue for me. Games and movies that are restricted to the one console... that'd be a hassle. Though if I had to choose, it'd be the PSP all the way. Great selection of upcoming games, apparently. Movies are another 'plus', though the range might be limited if it's just Sony making the discs.

Old Manus
04-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Yes, that is the main drawback. I don't particularly want to buy seperate discs for seperate systems. Espescially if it all turns out to be a flop.

Dreddz
04-16-2005, 10:40 AM
May I point out that PSP has Darkstalkers !!!!

Drift
04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
psp all the way! ds may be cheaper but you get soooooo much more with the psp. i might get one when i finish my exams...that or go on holiday :D

Rye
04-16-2005, 01:02 PM
I've never played on the PSP, but the DS is pretty fun.

square_is_the_best
04-17-2005, 05:01 AM
How to identify a fanboy(working list):
1. Uses an exclamation point after every sentence supporting their company
2. Uses "lol" at least once in most posts

I personally prefer the PSP becasue it looks better (the system as well as the games) it can do more stuff right out of the box (I don't have an iPod so thats a plus for me) and it will be able to connect with PS3 which will be one of the most friggin' awesome systems ever. Whoa, I just made a fanboyish comment...

3. Describes the company's systems using adjectives such as "insanely, friggin' awesome, etc." :D

Xalioniaf
04-17-2005, 05:49 AM
so, would that mean I transformed into a omgfrikinawesome Nintendo fanboy in this post!!!! But, then if I do it with ongfrikinawesome Sony, what would I be then?!?!?!?lolol

square_is_the_best
04-18-2005, 03:24 AM
How to spot caustic sarcasm:
1. See above post(#116)

disapointedchild
04-18-2005, 04:09 AM
I would buy the psp if i was older.
I would buy the ds if i was younger.
I think psp has a cooler comercial.

Daggers64
04-18-2005, 06:34 AM
They are basically the same commercials... At least the ones I saw. Both showed off the wireless features, and they were almost the same commercial style, like the same guy did them. Then I did see one for the PSP with a guy dancing and changing into wierd things. Which was real weird...

Has anyone seen the Japanese PSP commercials? XD Some of them get REALLY weird!

Check out these for Lumines!!!
http://reklamy.gry-online.pl/dec04!!/Lumines%20TV%20Spot.mpg (Did it just growl at me? @_@)
http://reklamy.gry-online.pl/mar05/lumines01.wmv (oh no, more of them!XD)
I like the music in it, and I REALLY want to play that game! But then again, I'm not so sure I want a game that makes manikans make that face! @_@

If your the kind of person that wants to browse through commercials, here ^_^ http://reklamy.gry-online.pl/indexUKG.htm
http://reklamy.gry-online.pl/indexUKG7.htm
8 pages of wonderful commercials from Japan, and other places! XD Whatever you do, don't download the french RE4 commercials... you've been warned! XD

Also, I've noticed a lot of people saying the PSP has more than the DS, and I don't see much to back that up, besides that the PSP can play UMD movies and MP3s out of the box, which isn't too hard for the DS to do either...
I would have liked to see Sony take a crack at the MiniDisk market with the PSP, instead of the UMD crap... so that way I could have played these damn MDs I bought in Japan. lol
From what I've seen, the 2 systems have advantages and disadvantages, depending on who the owner is. Its a different system for different people situation. And both systems are just about equall in popularity.
I happen to think the DS is the better handheld, and I can come up with a lot of reasons why... but I'm too tired to do so again and again now. xP
With the PSP, it has a lot of problems, hardware and durability wise... And based on a recent artical I read, Sony actually had to UNDERCLOCK the PSP in an attempt to get a little more battery life out of it! (so how long until someone overclocks it? XD)

Dreddz
04-18-2005, 10:23 AM
That French RE4 Ad was funny !

Fireblade13
05-13-2005, 10:05 PM
whee! handheld wars! Lets rundown a list, shall we?
Nintendo DS
-Good

Touch Screen
Durable
GBA Compatability
Strictly Gaming
Good Battery Life
Stereo Sound

-BAD

TOUCH SCREEN(it's kind of a burden).
Small Library
Most games feel like "minigames".
No other media supports(as of now)
Microphone(You'll look like a fool blowing on it!)

Sony PSP
-Good

Large Screen
Analog Stick
Multimedia Support
Wi-Fi Compatability
(unsure)Stereo Sound

-BAD

BAD BATTERY LIFE(duh)
Not aimed mainly at gaming
Too pricey
Fragile
Gives you seziures JK

Just so you know, I don't mention graphics or game ratings because THEY DON'T MAKE THE GAME YOU DAMN FOOLS!

I lean to the NDS, by the way.
You forgot the Ds can im other DS people. The multi player feature and the fact the PSP needs a memory card which the origional Gameboy didn't even need. Buy a DS do not fall into sony's overpricing why do you think it doesn't have any good games! Because no one wants to blow millions of dollars to put their game on that stupid PSP!

XxSephirothxX
05-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Buy a DS do not fall into sony's overpricing why do you think it doesn't have any good games! Because no one wants to blow millions of dollars to put their game on that stupid PSP!

That's not really true. It has several decent-to-good launch titles.

Rase
05-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Good is in the eye of the beholder.

Agent Proto
05-14-2005, 06:56 AM
I found a reason why Joel should get the DS.

http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1921

# Guilty Gear Dust Strikers

Mookies
05-14-2005, 07:31 AM
I hear it is kind of useless to 'strike' 'dust'
Better to vacum it.

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2005, 04:08 PM
YES, THE GODS OF NINTENDO LOVE ME TODAY.

Oh yeah, if you don't know what "dust" means in a Guilty Gear game, then you're a dweeb and youy need to play them more.

Dreddz
05-14-2005, 05:12 PM
pah
the game will come out on a sony platform
Trust

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2005, 05:47 PM
It'll be out on both DS and PSP. I'm going for DS because DS isn't made by an evil company.

Dreddz
05-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Why have you got some a hate for sony
What have they done to you ?
Good that GG is coming to PSP
But I dont know how it can beat Darkstalkers
That game alone makes PSP essential

Daggers64
05-16-2005, 09:10 AM
To the people I know that don't like Sony... its cause most the sony products they had broke real fast. =/

I was at Acen this weekend... and the vast majority of people there has Nintendo DSs...
We were having Wireless parties with them... and chatting in Picto chat! XD something that the psp can't do! XD

Lionx
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I agree Sony stuff are shotty -_-; Nintendo you can drop em off second story windows, flush a GB game downt the toilet, and even put it on fire..and it still works(with the fire one still working to a degree..only start/select buttons died with a semi-decent working screen when GB was caught on fire once, old issue of Nintendo Power showed it). I like to see Sony do that but so far this guy tilted his PS2 and it broke..granted not all are like that but alot do =/ PSP dropping and breaking and 250 bucks for it and now repairs(more $) with a broken Square button? neawwwww....

Rostum
05-16-2005, 03:46 PM
I found a reason why Joel should get the DS.

http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1921

# Guilty Gear Dust Strikers

A Boy and His Blob
Don't hit me, but I loved this game, a long time ago. xD

KentaRawr!
05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Some people here have said some stupid things. Here are a few: (Not exact quotes)

1. "The DS only has 3 hours of battery life!"

...No.

2. "The PSP is a Phone, too!"

See answer 1.

3. "If it wasn't for Sony, I wouldn't play Final Fantasy!"

If the Playstation did not exist, Final Fantasy 7 would have simply been released on a Different system.

4. "Because of Advent Children and Crisis core, any Final Fantasy fan with a little Common Sense will get the PSP!! omg 1t 1s t3h awesomeo!!!"

(I added the Last part) Well, the PSP is only getting 1 Game from Square, and 1 Movie from Square. Look at it that way.

^_^;; Anyways, to answer the Topic Creators Question, it depends on the games you want. I'd say that if you are an RPG fan, go for the DS. Some RPG's I think will be good are coming out in the Future. Here is a list:

1. Seiken Densetsu DS (The Seiken Densetsu series is known as the Mana series in America)

2. Final Fantasy 3 DS (This is the Third Final Fantasy game, originally made for the NES.)

3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS (I never played the GC Version, but I heard it has alot to do with Multiplayer. Square is helping to get the DS Online, so it is possible that this will be an online game. Not Confirmed though)

4. XenoSaga DS (An RPG by Namco, I believe. Or rather Monolith Soft, which is now owned by Namco. Monolith Soft created XenoGears, or at least that is what I am told)

5. Baten Kaitos DS (I never played the Original Version so I can't say anything about this.)

Those are just a few, though. There are more, but they don't sound too interesting to me.

Here is a List of games besides RPG's that will be coming to the DS that I am interested in.

1. Super Mario Bros. DS (Not Super Mario 64 DS)
2. Mario Kart DS (I like Mario Kart!)
3. CastleVania DS (The way they will be using the Touch screen is stupid, but besides that it looks good)
4. Kirby Canvas Curse (This game looks awesome! ^_^)

You can find out more Info on these games using Google. ^_^

Edit: I'm not too interested in the PSP, so I don't know what kinds of games it has.

Dreddz
05-16-2005, 07:59 PM
whats so funny is that you havent done any research
First the PSP can be a phone and you just say no cause the DS cant
FF would of gone to another console but Square found out the advantage over discs and went with Playstation. If there was no Playstation then FF7 probably wouldnt be the classic it is as it would of been a cartaridge game.
There are more Square games coming to PSP so dont just say there arent.
Dont just mention all the good games coming out for DS and say none for PSP. There are really good games in store for PSP and it has already got some great ones like Darkstalkers, wipeout and ridge racer.
While the DS has some good games but not great ones.
There are some good games coming out for DS I will admit.
To me the only draw back is the price and the fragile factor of the PSP.
But everything else is great !

Shoden
05-16-2005, 08:11 PM
in the end it comes down to choice

there both brilliant its hard to decide which ones better without being biased

KentaRawr!
05-16-2005, 11:42 PM
whats so funny is that you havent done any research
FF would of gone to another console but Square found out the advantage over discs and went with Playstation. If there was no Playstation then FF7 probably wouldnt be the classic it is as it would of been a cartaridge game.
There are more Square games coming to PSP so dont just say there arent.
Dont just mention all the good games coming out for DS and say none for PSP. There are really good games in store for PSP and it has already got some great ones like Darkstalkers, wipeout and ridge racer.
While the DS has some good games but not great ones.
There are some good games coming out for DS I will admit.
To me the only draw back is the price and the fragile factor of the PSP.
But everything else is great !

I'm sorry. I did not know there was a hack (Or is it an official feature?) for the PSP to be a phone. And no, I did not say "No" Just because the DS Can't. >_> That was an assumption with almost nothing supporting it... at least as far as I can tell.

Now the part about Final Fantasy 7 in your post, it is possible that it would happen, but what if they made a game that was a bit different that you also really liked? It couldn't "Probably" be either one though, because this never happened.

Everything else, completely a matter of opinion.

Edit: I overlooked a part of your post, i'm sorry. "Don't just mention all the good games coming to the DS and none for PSP". >_> Why? And how could I not? I havn't done research. I was interested in the DS, so I looked up a few games I think will be good. In my opinion not many PSP games are good.

Though if you REALLY want me to mention one I think will be pretty good, I think King of Fighters will be cool.

Edit 2: BAH!!! I missed ANOTHER part of your post...I need to read betterer. "There are more games from square so don't just say there arent." O_O There are!? :D Hurray! But what are they? o.o (Not being sarcastic, I do want to know!)

Daggers64
05-17-2005, 02:31 AM

Eh HEM! >=( The DS CAN and soon will be a internet phone! Just like the PSP! All we are waiting for is the internet support, which as of now, both systems claim will eventually come out. Look at the headphone hookup on the DS, see the little headset connector? >=P Plus there are rumors that the DS phone will be a simple bios update which will work with PictoChat. Oh wait, the PSP doesn't have any built in chat interface? XD oh well, I guess they will have to sell an extra game disk just for that maybe? or will it only be a feature for ingame chat? in that case, thats not an internet phone! x3

Gibbi8, your the one that obiously isn't doing any research...>=P Don't tell other people what they are and aren't doing, or what they like and don't like...

Xalioniaf
05-17-2005, 03:00 AM
The PSP can go celular? Wow. That makes me want to drop my gizmodo money right there. *ahem*. Anyway, I came back because someone responded to my post earlier. I'm so late-zy(BAD PUN ALERT!!!)
"You forgot the Ds can im other DS people. The multi player feature and the fact the PSP needs a memory card which the origional Gameboy didn't even need. Buy a DS do not fall into sony's overpricing why do you think it doesn't have any good games! Because no one wants to blow millions of dollars to put their game on that stupid PSP!"
Technically, it's not IMing since you can't go over the internet. Once they come out with the internet, I can pitch my idea for AIMDS. That'd be awesome.

But, other than that, I've come to say this:
PAC PIX PWNZ ATV!!!

KentaRawr!
05-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Moral of the Story: Go DS. Just kidding. ^_^;;

Moral of the Story: Don't make topic's saying "Should I go DS or PSP?"

Anyways, to answer the Topic Creator's question (This time, I have a better answer!), It totally depends on what kind of games you like. You can find out what kind of games there are for both systems at www.gamefaqs.com

At the top of the Screen (Once you get to www.gamefaqs.com), there should be a small list of Video Game systems. 2 of the Systems on the List are the DS and the PSP. Once you click on one of them, it opens up a nice little Menu to help you find games. One of the ways you can find games is by Selecting a Genre. Once you select a Genre, a list of Games of that Genre appear. And of course, for the System you selected.

Edit: Now that I look at my other posts, I feel a bit foolish. u_u I over-reacted. But anyways, as I said before, it totally depends on what games you want.