PDA

View Full Version : VIRUS!

Ko Ko
04-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Warning! MSN virus going around in the Singapore/China area (soon to be others). Do NOT open any files that say your email in them.
Just a warning, as I caught it and it's wreaking havoc on my MSN service.

Resha
04-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Singapore area? THAT'S ME. *Dies* Oh noooo. :( I must be careful. Thankies for the warning! :<3:

udsuna
04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, THAT virus? Yeah, those happen every 6 months or so. I thought you said you were a "hacker"... you should have more computer experience than to be caught with your pants down like that ;) (figuratively speaking).

All you have to do is check the display bar at the bottom of Internet Explorer, it displays (the REAL) link address that you currently have your mouse cursor. You can check it out by using it on all the smilies on the reply function. Or just by holding over the reply/edit/quote things on the primary page. In this example, you'll get the "http: //eyesonff .com/ etc. etc." You can check the legitimacy of ANY link through that method, if you're partially familiar with the web addresses of your source. Best advice, if you DON'T know, DON'T try. Which is also good advice about which plants you can eat in the woods.

Ko Ko
04-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I don't hack, you wierdo. :skull3:
Just that one school system thing...

udsuna
04-14-2005, 12:46 PM

Oh, please, I'm a fair hacker. Just because you can hack doesn't mean you've done anything wrong with said skills. In fact, to keep Windows running AT ALL, you need to get very familiar with computers and their various functions. By the way, don't lie to people, you're lying to people on this forum, or you were lying to me, either way: not nice.

Ko Ko
04-14-2005, 12:49 PM

Oh, please, I'm a fair hacker. Just because you can hack doesn't mean you've done anything wrong with said skills. In fact, to keep Windows running AT ALL, you need to get very familiar with computers and their various functions. By the way, don't lie to people, you're lying to people on this forum, or you were lying to me, either way: not nice.

Ooh, feisty!~

Meat Puppet
04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Same old same old. :rolleyes2

Resha
04-14-2005, 12:54 PM
I GOT HACKED BY SOME SPANISH BUSH HATERS ONCE. They changed my life. :mad2:

udsuna
04-14-2005, 12:56 PM
I GOT HACKED BY SOME SPANISH BUSH HATERS ONCE. They changed my life. :mad2:

OK. That's either the strangest, or the funniest, thing I've heard this month... depending on if you're serious or not. I'm pretty sure you're joking, though, and therefor: hilarious. Better than the April Fool's joke... but, I didn't much like it :mad:.

ffrinoa8
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
thanx for the warning but i'm in the U.S. how long do i have to wait?

Resha
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
xD I am completely serious!!!!! They hacked my baby site and left me a page in red and yellow words...SPANISH WORDS. And at the very bottom in tiny little English words it said: "Bush Sucks"

I almost supported Bush after that. And then they made me get spammed by TEXAS HOLD'EM. GAWD. 119 COMMENTS, FROM TEXAS HOLD'EM. SO, APPARENTLY THEY HATE BUSH, BUT THEY LIKE TEXAS HOLD'EM. Gawd. :mad2:

Ko Ko
04-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Ah, depends how many friends you have and thier networks of friends and your friends' friends' networks of friends and so on.

udsuna
04-14-2005, 01:14 PM
thanx for the warning but i'm in the U.S. how long do i have to wait?

Actually, just follow my little suggestions in my first reply. It'll protect you from THIS, and a few other virii/scams/hack attempts/ that are going on out there.

EDIT: There are also email scams that appear to be from companies such as banks, e-bay, paypal, etc... they look official. In fact, they are copies of originals that had addresses hacked and changed. CHECK THE THING LIKE I SAID!!!! These CAN AND WILL hijack your web browser, and possibly download&transmit your personal information (especially passwords and account numbers seem popular).

nik0tine
04-15-2005, 06:53 AM
By the way, don't lie to people, you're lying to people on this forum, or you were lying to me, either way: not nice.
Don't accuse her of lying if you don't have evidence to back it up.

Harvest Moon
04-15-2005, 06:58 AM
God loves me afterall.

udsuna
04-15-2005, 07:46 AM
By the way, don't lie to people, you're lying to people on this forum, or you were lying to me, either way: not nice.

Actually, that's completely off subject, and I'd rather her to be honest without being forced into it. Then again, I sort of backed myself into a corner... well, honesty is a higher virtue than privacy... so, yes, I have evidence. Until I purge my PM files again. Next time, can complaints like that be sent privately?

nik0tine
04-15-2005, 08:03 AM

Actually, that's completely off subject, and I'd rather her to be honest without being forced into it. Then again, I sort of backed myself into a corner... well, honesty is a higher virtue than privacy... so, yes, I have evidence. Until I purge my PM files again. Next time, can complaints like that be sent privately?

Yes. I apologize. Next time I won't make a deal out of it publicly. That was rude of me, and im sorry.

udsuna
04-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Cool, public apologies rock... but, don't worry about it. Sooner or later, I'm going to say something rude to you (may have already)... and then, we'll be even again. I only hold grudges when someone does something mean or cruel.

Oh, yeah, Iraia... sorry :( . This made much bigger waves than I expected. Please forgive me :( . You know I still love you :love: .

*oh, boy, I think I'm in for a flogging*

Odaisé Gaelach
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
There are also email scams that appear to be from companies such as banks, e-bay, paypal, etc... they look official.

One to look out for is Microsoft e-mailing everyone with an attachment that's meant to be a patch for your computer. Microsoft never e-mail patches and programs to their users.

Ko Ko
04-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh, yeah, Iraia... sorry :( . This made much bigger waves than I expected. Please forgive me :( . You know I still love you :love: .

*oh, boy, I think I'm in for a flogging*

*BAM!*
Don't say my name! :skull5:
:skull3:

Another one for you to look out for is the Paris Hilton virus that is still going around. :skull8: Much like the ones previously mentioned.

Harvest Moon
04-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Not to sound like a, okay I'm lieing, TO sound like a complete asshole.. :tongue:

I think anyone stupid enough to open an email with thier own adress on it deserves a fricking virus. I'm no expert, but you just need some common sense.

Infact I learned of a good way to find out if you're infected with spyware, DO send yourself an email (make sure to write a topic where you can tell it was your doings..) and if you get sent a double or advertisment or something you'll know you've been infected with spyware.

But don't come to me for computer advise, if your mainfraim crashes or your hard-drive burns go play some soccer, cause I'm just the common sense man. :tongue:

I would reccomend Circut City over BestBuy though. Not only does Besybuy's service suck, but they have that souless "geek squad". My ass is more competant and cooperative then those jerks.

UltimaLimit
04-18-2005, 02:05 AM
All you have to do is check the display bar at the bottom of Internet Explorer, it displays (the REAL) link address that you currently have your mouse cursor. You can check it out by using it on all the smilies on the reply function. Or just by holding over the reply/edit/quote things on the primary page. In this example, you'll get the "http: //eyesonff .com/ etc. etc." You can check the legitimacy of ANY link through that method, if you're partially familiar with the web addresses of your source. Best advice, if you DON'T know, DON'T try. Which is also good advice about which plants you can eat in the woods.This doesn't always work. There is a JavaScript that puts text in the status bar, thus blocking out the link text. There's a similar JavaScript that only puts the text in the status bar when you hover the mouse over the link. I dislike it on unfamiliar sites because you can't see where the link goes until you click it.

However, 99% of the time, your advice is sound.

T-MaN
04-18-2005, 03:02 AM
All these viruses are taking out my fun :mad:.

Sephex
04-18-2005, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I never open anything that says my name or e-mail address. I know I'd be asking for trouble if I did that.

udsuna
04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
All these viruses are taking out my fun :mad:.

Yeah, I know a cousin who thinks the same way. Then again, it's about STDs... but... same principle.

strawberryman
04-18-2005, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I know a cousin who thinks the same way. Then again, it's about STDs... but... same principle.
:exdee:

I had to completly reformat my computer because of viruses. It sucked.