PDA

View Full Version : Garnetīs chrystal

Maya
04-14-2005, 04:53 PM
What is the meaning of Garnetīs chrystal which she carries in her necklace?
Is it related to that bigger chrystal in chrystal world or is it connected to eidolons?
Or is it just sign of her royal relations, because regent Cid had a similar one; Falcon claw?
Or is it just jewelry?
I donīt remember was it explained in the game. I was just wondering.

Old Manus
04-14-2005, 05:43 PM
I thought it was just jewellry.

Cybele
04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
It's one of the four crystals that the people of Madain Sari broke the one crystal into. I can't remember the whole story behind that, something about it being too powerful and them casting it off, hoping to never see it again. The whole thing is explain in Memoria I think.

Destai
04-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Im pretty sure the jewels were used to summon Alexander. Madain Saris people thought he was too powerful for men/summoners to control so they as Terra Aeris said, broke the jewel used to summon him. I think thats the main story behind it anyway.

Armisael
04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Im pretty sure the jewels were used to summon Alexander. Madain Saris people thought he was too powerful for men/summoners to control so they as Terra Aeris said, broke the jewel used to summon him. I think thats the main story behind it anyway.
Yeah i believe this too..And if my memory serves me well(i haven't played the game since last summer)in Disc 3 the crystal of Eiko and Garnet "call" each other and then they summon Alexander..

squareSOFT
04-18-2005, 01:41 AM
It was one piece of the original crystal. The people of Madain Sari feared its powere and broke it into 4 pieces hoping that they would never see it again. Yes, Garnets and eiko's were used to summon Alexander

sayen
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
i rember the storey behind the jewl/jewls very well.

tot said that the crystal had been hole untill five hundread years erlyer and then the refrance disappeard.

the texts where probibly from befor the summor tribe left to the outer continent wich is presumable when they lerned of alexanders power. so the split the jewl and gave on pice to lindblum alexandrea and clyea and kept the last for themselths.

on the edilon wall it says the lernt and reshered the edolons power befor summoning and decided it was to dangerus split the jewl and left.

queen bhrane colects all but the summoners jewl and her own wich garnet stole. bhrane forced alexander to be summoned when the invincable bahamut and kuja attacked alexandrea.

the jewls call to each other and ekio jumps of the airship to reunite the crystles and help garnet summon alexander. the invincable then kills alexander and the jewls become worthless and osma becomes the most powerful edilon.

who then gets killed and arc becomes the most powerful.

these are only my therioys after the attack befor that is what i rember from the storieys

the award the the logest running scentance with no caps and grammer or spelling goes to ............... ME!!!!!!!! yay yay

Fire_Emblem776
04-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Yay some one just try and be this bad at grammer.
yea look at my threads
the ending confssed mt thtat neclace qwas elexnader?

TheSpoonyBard
04-21-2005, 11:47 PM
yea look at my threads
the ending confssed mt thtat neclace qwas elexnader?
That's not bad grammar, that's just intentional stupidity.

Moving back the the purpose of the thread... If it was possible to call Alexander with the power of half the crystal and Ark with only a quarter, imagine what sort of power Dagger/Eiko could harness with the complete crystal! No wonder it was broken and scattered...

Were there any references in the game as to the original purpose of the crystal? Is it something Necron mentions before his demise?

Black Waltz #3
04-22-2005, 01:36 AM
What is everyone talking about? Yeesh theres alot of confusion, so I'll give it my best to help explain.

There was once a single crystal of enormous powers, it was used to summon Alexander long before the summoners left Alexandria. Alexandria is where the summoners were originally from and Alexandria castle is a focusing point for the crystals, thus Alexander can only be summoned into existance at that one point. But that's beside the issue... After Alexander was summoned the Summoner Tribe fearing his great power broke the crystal into four piece and scattered them in the hopes that they would never be reunited. Now anyway, at the start of Disk 3, Garnet had given Eiko one of the 3 crystals from the Myst Continent. So therefore when Eiko lept from the Hildagarde 2, she was caught in a summon feild which allowed her to land softly. But the only reason that Alexander was summoned was because of the following.

1): The focusing point aka. Alexandria Castle. (Dr. Tot makes a coment about this being the secret of the castle.)

2): The four crystal pieces were there. (Because Eiko had 2 and Garnet had 2.)

3): A Summoner was available to Summon Alexander.

Now if any of these 3 were to be missing from the equation Alexander couldn't have been summoned. Now for anyone who said that the whole crystal wasn't there, wasn't paying attention to the start of disk 3. Now what is this about Ark? If your talking about fighting Ark at Oeilvert, then it wasn't due to the 4 crystals. It was because Ark was one of the prototypes to the Invincible and that the Red moon is really the Red Moon of Terra while the Blue Moon is the Blue Moon of Gaia. In Oeilvert you can see that the merging of the two planets had brought their moons together, in one of the projections. But there again is beside the point. Ark was stationed at Oeilvert to protect the history of Terra. So I don't see any relation between the 4 crystals and Ark, unless you know something that the game never even hints at.