PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck did they put the FF3 official logo?

Kargoth
04-14-2005, 07:31 PM
I've been looking at some final fantasy sites and I've discovered that either those sites didn't include FF3 or its logo was different than all the other "official" final fantasy logos, my question is, where the heck did they put it? Or did they make one at all?

Flying Mullet
04-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Here's the original logo for the Famicom title:
http://home.no/cl0ne/rock/pic/ff3logo.jpg

Kargoth
04-14-2005, 07:50 PM
So they actually started a regular format from ff4 and they did one for ff1 and 2 as well because of dawn of souls... could they make an ff3 remake? I want my logo!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 07:53 PM
The standard logo design began with FFIV; FFI and FFII didn't get that type of logo until they were remade for the Wonderswan Color. FFIII will get its logo when it's remade for the Nintendo DS.

Kargoth
04-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Theyre just a bunch of guys trying to make money by making new consoles and the same game thingy over and over and over again... :mad2:
One day poeple will get bored and theyre would be no more video games! :eek:

But not before I get my logo! :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 08:03 PM
If people never made new systems, we'd still be playing home Pong machines. And it's certainly not the same thing over and over again; the DS in particular is probably the most different system ever made.

Kargoth
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Well there was progress from the NES to SNES and notable ones from the SNES to N64 then the PS brough some nice graphics and now... the graphics are the same thing, theyre great but we cant rely on them to buy a game anymore. We have to rely on the gamelay, the story and the music, unfortunately, the story is often really repetitive, they pretty much used everything they could... Now, nothings left for new games except the gameplay and the DS actually have a different gameplay but well... We'll just have to wait for good games to come out with my logo!

DJZen
04-14-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm gonna agree with Kishi here, DS is VERY different from any other game system (console or handheld (game & watch doesn't count!)). Because of that we could have some very different types of games coming out, it's up to the developers to really implement the hardware though. FFIII won't make a lot of use of the hardware unless they radically alter gameplay (you know, to make it RADICAL! :D )

Anyway, if you're interested, I made some "predictions" of what the new FFIII logo might look like. It's somewhere in this forum if you'd like to dig it up.

Del Murder
04-16-2005, 07:30 PM
If people never made new systems, we'd still be playing home Pong machines. And it's certainly not the same thing over and over again; the DS in particular is probably the most different system ever made.
Virtual Boy. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Virtual Boy was a non-portable GameBoy that you had to stick your head against in order to play, which killed your back, and the colors were red and black, which fried your eyes. But hey, it was semi-3D, so rock on!

DJZen
04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Virtual Boy used two screens to display one image, while DS uses two screens to display two images. DS also has a microphone, wireless communication, and a touch sensitive screen. I'd say DS is a LOT more different.

Sephex
04-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I been waiting for the official logo ever since it was announced.

And if the Virtual Boy didn't fry my eyes, I would say it kicked ass!

Fire_Emblem776
05-03-2005, 06:38 PM
and sadly it will not be part of the psx family

DJZen
05-03-2005, 10:48 PM
A) so what?

B) at least it's finally coming out

C) It may yet be released on a console

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 02:27 PM
the GameboyDSThere's no such thing.
Some of us now know that Nintendo can be selfish on many occasions. Even when Square(soft)-Enix was sued by Nintendo because they couldn't release a Final Fantasy game or so I heard. Or how Nintendo offered Capcom for an "Only On GCN" Resident Evil 4.What? Nintendo never sued Square for anything, although Sony once bought up a certain amount of Square's stock in an effort to gain the influence to keep them from releasing games on anything but Sony products. Companies make legitimate exclusivity contracts all the time, though. You seem to be saying that every game that's only released on one platform is a result of some underhanded cheat, which is supremely ludicrous.

As for FFIII, considering that the FFI and FFII remakes have been released on WonderSwan Color, PlayStation, GameBoy Advance, and mobile phones, I don't think you need to worry that the this remake will be exclusive to the DS for very long.

DJZen
05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Nintendo's "greed" is the only thing that hauled gaming out of the dark ages that were 1983. By making publishers sign exclusivity agreements, they kept control over what could and couldn't be legitimately released. This is what the whole "Nintendo seal of approval" thing was all about. Sure, there were some terrible games that bore it, (I'm looking at you, Captain Silver!) but it kept out the VAST majority of trashy games, clones and buggy pawn offs. Just check out how many Atari games were 5 light bulbs short of an alligator.

Kishi's absolutely right, though. Just 'cause it is being released for the DS doesn't mean it's going to be limited to it.

Cyraniel
05-18-2005, 01:22 AM
The Virtual Boy owned! I still have Mario playing Tennis burned onto my retina!