PDA

View Full Version : psp music! HOW DO I!?

wuglendei
04-14-2005, 11:34 PM
My freind is trying how to put music on his PSP. he bought a special USB port for it and everything. now how does he put the music on the psp? he put it on but it dosent work! plZ HE NEEDS HELP

Dreddz
04-14-2005, 11:42 PM
My freind is trying how to put music on his PSP. he bought a special USB port for it and everything. now how does he put the music on the psp? he put it on but it dosent work! plZ HE NEEDS HELP

You need to put it on the memory stick or sumin. Im not sure. Probably wrong but once you put it on there it nwill play.

wuglendei
04-14-2005, 11:58 PM
yea but how? he said he already did that but it still aint playin on his psp.

Shlup
04-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Plug the PSP in and go to the menu. Under "Settings" go to "USB Mode" and your computer should recognize the new hardware.

Open the USB drive from the computer. There will be a PSP folder. Inside that create a "MUSIC" folder and put the MP3s in there.

The thing comes with a pretty simple manual you know. And that handy table of contents will tell you the answer to your question is on page 67.

Dreddz
04-15-2005, 11:02 AM
yep thats how ya do it

The Shoeless Hobo
04-16-2005, 05:46 AM
The music has to be an MP3 format, not WMA or anything like that...If it's not MP3, it won't play the file, it'll just store it.

square_is_the_best
04-17-2005, 02:49 AM
If anyone out there has successfully put Mp3s on your PSP, please do little favor for me. If you know an easier way, then use it. This is the only way that I know.

Plug up your to the PC with tha cable and use the "USB connection". Go to Start>settings>control panel. Then go to add new hardware. Let the comp automatically detect hardware. When it detects the PSP, click on it (there should be a list). Next...then it should say something like "it has already been installed..." After you click finish the PSP hardware settings(or something like that) will pop up. From there you should see the name of the driver used. Please, PLEASE post that name, or better yet e-mail me the driver. Please! I searched all over the net and tried other sites. If you know a site, please tell me what it is and how to get the driver.

You are my only hope(s).

square_is_the_best
04-17-2005, 02:55 AM
I have a similar problem except its here:

Plug the PSP in and go to the menu. Under "Settings" go to "USB Mode" and your computer should recognize the new hardware.

My stupid comp won't recognize it. Apparently I don't have the right driver.

The Shoeless Hobo
04-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Yes, If it's a windows 2000 computer, it will automatically detect the PSP. If it's not windows 2000, do a search on google for a PSP driver.

Big D
04-17-2005, 03:38 AM
*Threads merged for convenience, hence square_is_the_best's apparent double-post*

square_is_the_best
04-18-2005, 03:18 AM
I tried a google search already but with no luck. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words? I've used almost all combinations with "Sony, PSP, driver, Windows, Windows ME, PSP type A" and some other I can't remember. "PSP type A" is the name of the "new hardware" that my comp detects but then it can't find the right driver so it says "...already installed but there was an error with the driver(or something). If you would like to see the settings, click Finish." But that doesn't help one bit. I'm at a dead end.

YukiKiro
04-18-2005, 12:31 PM
1) ever tried reading your instruction manual? and 2) windows ME isn't one of microsofts better running softwares.

square_is_the_best
04-19-2005, 03:01 AM
1) I read the whole thing (in English) before I even took the PSP out of the foam paper.
2) I know

If anyone has already got it to work, could you tell me the name of the driver cuz that would solve all my problems.

YukiKiro
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
to use the psp as a memory stick reader, you'll need a usb cable that has a "mini-b" end and a "standard-a" connector (the normal usb form factor)plug the mini-b side into the top of youe psp system and the standard-a side into your pc.
after its connected go into the system settings menu on the psp and select "usb mode." the psp will show up as a removable drive where files can be added and removed.
does that answer your question? if that doesn't work you're screwed, sorry.

square_is_the_best
04-21-2005, 05:06 AM
*refuses to be screwed**pouts*

SaiyanId
12-14-2005, 04:46 AM
I've put music on PSP, you can use the SonicStage program. Go to the store and look for: Memory Stick Entertainment Pack 128MB Memory Stick Duo media. It prices around $40.00, comes with a 128 MB Duo Stick and the SonicStage 3.0 disc.

http://usera.imagecave.com/saiyanid/MSEP.gif

This program, once installed, will give you access to put your music onto your PSP via a USB cable. Plus, you get a Connect Cash card good for 10 downloads from Connect online music service (expires 3/31/2006). But that's only if you want music....

-information provided by SaiyanId, proud member of the G.A.P.(Gamer Advisory Panel)

http://usera.imagecave.com/saiyanid/id.jpg (http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5534829)

PlayStation Underground (http://www.us.playstation.com)