PDA

View Full Version : 100% completion...

cal113
04-15-2005, 12:46 PM
i was just wondering is it possible to obtain a 100% completetion by playing through the game just once? i was undert the impression that you lose some percentage points when you miss some scenes by handing the awesome sphere to a particular group - anyway iv neared the end of the game and really dont wanna go through it al again - can someone help me out?

Masamune·1600
04-15-2005, 03:15 PM
If you're on your first playthrough and want to get 100% right off, make sure to give the Awesome Sphere to the Youth League. If you give it to New Yevon, the highest obtainable percentage is 99%. However, if you're near the end of the game, this decision was made a long time ago.

SeeDRankLou
04-15-2005, 06:40 PM
If you want to get 100% in one game, not only do you have to give the awesome sphere to the Youth League, you also have to play the game just right. Meaning you are going to have to do the Tobli thing just right, you have to go through the Via Infinito, you have to do all the chocobo stuff, you have to put the Experiment at full power, ect ect. Also, there is a thing at the beginning, when you have control of Rikku and you are running after Leblanc, you have to go off to the left and talk to Yuna in the moogle constume and let her restore your health. If you didn't do that, you're screwed and you have to play through again.

On a brighter note, if you have to play through again, you only have to do enough extra stuff to get 100%, meaning you can skip most of the story, which will make the game much faster your second time through.

FiragaBreak
04-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Make sure you get the Invincible.

Alice
04-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Its almost impossible to do it right the first way through, but its even more fun the second time when u have all the left over spears, it helps the game go by alot faster and makes battles more fun ^_^

cal113
04-16-2005, 08:59 PM
yeah so i posted this post a few days ago and since i decided to go on with it and finish - well i can say i was sick - ended up with 99% - gave the sphere to youth leage - did via infinito, chocobos EVERYTHING - i followed the guide perfectly - honestly dont know what i missed - though i did leave out that cave in thunder plains - way too frustrating plus i didnt have a charm bangle to simplify it a bit - any chance that is my lost percentage?

TurkSlayer
04-17-2005, 03:21 PM
yeah so i posted this post a few days ago and since i decided to go on with it and finish - well i can say i was sick - ended up with 99% - gave the sphere to youth leage - did via infinito, chocobos EVERYTHING - i followed the guide perfectly - honestly dont know what i missed - though i did leave out that cave in thunder plains - way too frustrating plus i didnt have a charm bangle to simplify it a bit - any chance that is my lost percentage?

Most likely.

1000_Words_chic
04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I played the game so many times trying to get 100% and the last time I tried...i got it..you have to do everything and not lose so that means you have to do each mini game each battle and you have to get every dressphere and every garment grid

Cuchulainn
04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I played the game so many times trying to get 100% and the last time I tried...i got it..you have to do everything and not lose so that means you have to do each mini game each battle and you have to get every dressphere and every garment grid

eh, you're wrong there. There are certain missions that give percentages & certain missions that don't. For example, the Lightening Rod Tower Mini Game, the Mi'hin Highroad Dungeon, Thunderplain Dungeon etc etc give no % at all. On the Garment Grid point, to get 100% completion you have to play the game a certain way & do certain missions (moonflow & gagazet for example), that if completed, actually STOPS you getting certain Garment Grids, GG's & DS's are for gameplay alone, they add 0%.
If it's your first time playing, I strongly advise just playing & not caring about 100% completion, it's much more fun the first time around. The second time playing, then if you want 100% completion, it's impossible to tell what adds what & easy to miss on points, for example who would have thought that if you didn't Rest on the Airship at least once every chapter you can kiss you 100% away? For this, I'd advise a guide to make sure you're on the right track. Lastly, never, ever, ever, ever Pause or skips scenes, for some dumb reason doing that takes away %. Just play your own game & then return when you want to try the Perfect Game (with a guide).

1000_Words_chic
04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
but that never worked for me..I had to everything and win at everything......maybe I did something...*looks at game*

Kiwi Nazi
04-22-2005, 02:54 AM
i've gone through the game literally 6 times, im stuck on 98%, but i somehow got the ending where tidus is alive n' stuff. last time i checked though, u dont need to complete via infinito to get 100% i looked it up somewhere but im not sure so i wouldn't go by what i say. just get to floor 40, for the last crimson sphere

SeeDRankLou
04-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Well that was your problem, the guide is messed up in two places. One of the mess ups is small and you will probably get the percentage you were suppose to get there anyway, but the other one will cause you to miss 0.4% and you won't get 100%. So it's not your fault, it's the guide's fault.

The mess up occurs at the start of Ch 4 when the guide is telling you to talk to people, then do commspheres, then talk to more people, blah blah blah. It totally skips this thing where you need to talk to Buddy and Paine on the bridge (not the one on the deck) and then do the commspheres. If you just start doing the commspheres then it skips to the next part where you talk to Paine on the deck. It's completely out of order and messed up. And thus, the guide is not perfect.

FFfan
04-30-2005, 12:59 PM
If you complete the game about 50 times on 100% then you get this dressphere called keep it bangin' its supposed to have a really good defence and stuff. Yuna is supposed to have a sword on her arm gun in one hand and a spear. But thats what my mate said so it might be false.

Zanius
05-11-2005, 07:34 PM

I did it to reach the end of the game with 100%, by playing once. That's a little difficult, because there could have some details that you haven't done like:

- watch all the spheres (including the Chrinsom Squad, or the Nooj sphere - this one from chapter 5)

- complete the chocobo mission

- beat the Via Infinito

- you can not skip any scene

- don't interrupt Maechen on chapter 1 or on chapter 3.

- watch all the Coomspheres on chapter 4 (that one is really annoying... )

All this and more details can make you loose percentage points...