PDA

View Full Version : When Star Wars fans unite, they make something decent.

Rase
04-15-2005, 11:51 PM
http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/revelations.html

This is a fan made movie things about the Star Wars universe. Thanks to newer, better, cheaper cameras, editing technology, and lots of free time apparently, these guys are working on a decent looking fan-made take on Star Wars. The trailer surprised me, because I seriously had low expectations for this. Anyway, take a look, if you'd like. I guess it's set between Episodes II and III. Surprisingly, it hasn't been shut down, even though it was in Time magazine, so I'm assuming LucasFilms knows about it.

smittenkitten
04-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I LOVE Star Wars absolutely love the movies and books seen every one and can't wait Avenge of the Sithe!I can't wait any longer or im gonna go nut's!!!!!!!!!xXx

Old Manus
04-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I LOVE Star Wars absolutely love the movies and books seen every one and can't wait Avenge of the Sithe!I can't wait any longer or im gonna go nut's!!!!!!!!!xXx

:rolleyes2

Skogs
04-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Some of the effects were good. The acting was hideous, though.

FF Junkie
04-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Yes!! Now I can truly say that this is a great forum... where else can you go and find people who are fanatics of both Star Wars and Final Fantasy?! The Revenge of the Sith is going to be AMAZING!!! I've read everything I can on the events leading up to it, the events that happen during the movie, and everything in general that I can get my hands on in regards to the whold Star Wars Universe. There will be a TON of lightsaber duels in this one. I can't wait.... just hate that I'll have to watch my man Mace Windu get killed by Anakin :( But seeing Anakin's transformation will be phenomenal. I love how Star Wars is so like the FF series in that the music ties in so well with an amazingly tight-knit and deep storyline. You get a true sense of what the characters feeling and going through, and are connected emotionally to the story unfolding in front of your eyes.....ugh, i guess I'm saying I can't wait either!!! :) :D
By the way, from what I've gathered, the duels we'll see include (in no particular order):

1) Anakin versus Dooku
2) Anakin versus General Grievous
3) Palpatine and Anakin versus Mace Windu (not really a duel, but a very important event in Anakin's transformation.....really, THE event in his falling under the shroud of the dark side)
4) Palpatine versus Yoda
5) Anakin versus Obi-Wan (this will be INSANE!!!!!!)

I can't WAIT for May 19th!!!! :D :D :D

My name is...something..?
04-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Threads like this show just how great this forum really is, and that's no lie.
To think not too long ago, a movie like that would cost a LOT of money. My, how the world has changed. Like Skogs said, the acting is really bad.
It's not that weird that so many FF fans are also Star Wars fans, I men they both deal with the same kind of storytelling. Ex:Love betrayal, and all that.
And if I remember correctly , I read along time ago that the Final Fantasy creators looked to Star Wars for some of their inspiration.

Skogs
04-17-2005, 01:04 PM
And if I remember correctly , I read along time ago that the Final Fantasy creators looked to Star Wars for some of their inspiration.

Well, yes. FFVI is chock full of Star Wars references.

Except I can only remember one at the moment...

darkchrono
04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah the trailer did display alot of good effects but the acting made it absolutely painful to watch. Anybody who actually goes to that showing at the theatre I doubt will make it through the enite film.

Rase
04-17-2005, 11:18 PM
It's not going to be in theatre, as far as I knwo, since they legally can't make money on it. I think it's just going to be a free online download. I can't remember what Time magazine said, I'll check and report back later.

darkchrono
04-18-2005, 02:38 AM
I thought it was going to be shown in that theatre that they advertised about on the site. Maybe that was just something they made up just to catch people's attention though.

Ok, I am watching a little bit of it now. And I know that these are just unpaid volunteers doing this. But the whole deal is absolutely terrible. Looks like about 98% of the time they spent on the flick was spent working on the special effects and the last 2% was spent on the actual acting and story plot. This plot makes the plot of the Spirits Within look like a masterpiece. Doesn't seem like the people who made this film have anykind of history at all in acting (even highschool plays).

FF Junkie
04-20-2005, 05:22 AM
Okay, here's something for all of you Star Wars junkies out there.... I found the entire Episode 3 script online. In case any of you aren't familiar with the amazing site that contains it, here's a link for you to enjoy... I'll write it broken up so as to not have a direct link( I know a lot of forums frown upon that). Just do a copy and paste and remove the spaces and get ready for some SERIOUS action.... This movie is going to be better than I'd even hoped for!!! :) :D

http://scripts.cgispy.com/newsboard.cgi? action= view&num=2&user= script

This one is nearly non-stop action, with more lightsaber duels than I'd originally heard were going to occur. You get to see Anakin take on Dooku, General Grievous (with Obi Wan), Obi Wan, and slaughter tons of Jedi, Jedi Younglings, and the entire leadership of the Separatist Movement!!! PLUS there's Palpatine versus Mace Windu and three Jedi companions; then later on he takes on Master Yoda!!!... I won't spoil it all for you, but let's just say his battle with Mace and Yoda are going to be insane, surpassed only by the Anakin vs. Obi Wan epic duel.
I won't post more than that right now, so as to avoid spoiling too much for everyone....but it's SOOO hard, 'cuz I just want to tell everyone all about it and start discussions on how amazing it's going to be. This should truly blow the other five completely out of the water!!!!

The best part is that there are TONS of unexpected twists to the storyline...little things that offer a great segway into what happens in the 4th-6th episodes..... like Chewie's helping to save the life of a certain Jedi..... again, I won't ruin it for ya... if you want to know what happens before the movie comes out, just open the link and enjoy. If you don't want to spend a few hours reading the whole script and have a question, PM me and the next time I can get on here I'll answer what I can.

I am basically salivating while waiting to see this movie. The images that ran through my head were enough to have me on the edge of my seat... I'll need the calmness of the Force to control myself in the theater!!! lol