PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

Rase
04-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Has anybody else seen this? Okay, stupid question, I'm sure at least one eprson has. Anyway...

If you have, what are your thoughts on it? I think that, from what I've seen and read about World War II, it does a good job at depicting the lives of soliders. Plus, it actually follows the Easy Company's role in WWII great, as noted by the men who were in it. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Miriel
04-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Best miniseries I've ever seen.

DocFrance
04-16-2005, 07:53 AM
I have the Box Set. 'Nuff said.

The Captain
04-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Not a particularly easy thing to watch because of the graphic and true to life violence, but so very well worth it.

Take care all.

Rase
04-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Not a particularly easy thing to watch because of the graphic and true to life violence, but so very well worth it.

Take care all.

Yes, I must say that that is most likely the hardest part for me to watch. However, if it wasn't in there, I feel as though it would be detracting from what really happened. Still, when I first watched it I had to look away a few times, like when Garniar(sp?) gets his leg blown off by artillary in Bastonge.

Yamaneko
04-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Some of the parts are obviously dramatized for cinematic purposes, but it's still very good. And about ten times better than the mediocre <i>Saving Private Ryan</i>.

Dr.K
04-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I thought it was fantastic. Really got you engrossed.

Chris
04-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I've seen it - and kinda liked it.
That being said I'm not really into the whole "2nd World War" theme.