PDA

View Full Version : Scariest song

Rye
04-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Doesn't have to be a BAD scary song, but one that can frighten you occasionally.

Good scary song:

Tori Amos - Me and a Gun is probably the scariest and saddest song I've ever heard, and consider that I love to listen to depressing music, that's a big feat. It's just her singing about how she was abused by a man with no music to it, a capella. The lyrics are scary, but awesome. Tori Amos is the lyrics master.

Bad scary song:

Avril Lavigne - Chop Suey. Her cover frightens me, as does most of her songs, especially Sk8er Boi. :/

Dr.K
04-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Not a 'song' song, but on nightmare creatures the music to the first level is THE scariest tune I have ever heard. Generally just a very eerie piece with people's whispers mixed into the background and reversed, so you try to decipher what they're whispering, but can't quite make it out. Putting that on at night when the house is empty gets me looking over my shoulder for sure :)
I don't really know many scary songs by bands. The intro to Dantes Inferno by Iced Earth up to around the 1:35 mark is quite haunting - highly recommended.

Chris
04-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Good scary song:
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car the lyrics, a hope for a better life gets me everytime. Her soulful singing makes for an experience.

Bad scary song:
I AGREE Avril Lavigne sucks my rainboots!!

Skogs
04-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I'd go for 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

jrgen
04-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Stalaggh - :Project Nihil:
34 minutes of odd electronics and pieces of metal being smashed together.
The "vocals" are made by a mental-institution patient who killed himself shortly after they recorded it
and a person convicted for the murder of his mother.
The "vocals" mainly consist of psychotic screams,
which can seem very distant at times
and the next second seem like he's standing next to you.
The music is horrible, but it will surely freak you out.

Rye
04-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Stalaggh - :Project Nihil:
34 minutes of odd electronics and pieces of metal being smashed together.
The "vocals" are made by a mental-institution patient who killed himself shortly after they recorded it
and a person convicted for the murder of his mother.
The "vocals" mainly consist of psychotic screams,
which can seem very distant at times
and the next second seem like he's standing next to you.
The music is horrible, but it will surely freak you out.

THAT sounds horrifying. :o

Another good scary song is Tori Amos - Precious things. It's from the same album as the other song by her that I listed. The album is dark and very good. :)

Cz
04-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Bad scary song:

Avril Lavigne - Chop Suey. Her cover frightens me, as does most of her songs, especially Sk8er Boi. :/
Avril Lavigne covered Chop Suey? I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must be.

Rye
04-16-2005, 05:23 PM
I used to have the link for it, but it doesn't exist anymore. Maybe it's best unknown, because it causes ear bleeds. xD

Cuchulainn
04-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy

Shoeberto
04-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Radiohead has some scary music. Really. "Climbing Up the Walls," "The Gloaming," "How to Disappear Completely." (which is frightening because of how much it makes you want to die listening to it)

Muse has a lot of songs that just kind of get to you. I just got their album so I can't name titles yet, but they do.

Rye
04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Muse's songs are creepy, really good though.