PDA

View Full Version : God, I hate this game!

Wishwash
04-16-2005, 08:00 PM
i know that a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but i hate this game. I played it for about 2 hour and found that it was boring. Final fantasy and disney really should not be mix together. But I supposy you like it or you don't.

KuRt
04-16-2005, 08:27 PM
one hint. I think it´s idiot to say: KH sucks in a forum full of people who like kh. Yes, you have your rights ofcourse to say that but it´s just meaningless. no one will listen.

StarlightAngel
04-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Only two hours? Are you still in Destiny Islands, then? You have to play farther to really enjoy it, you know? Destiny Islands were a bit boring though...

Anyways, like Kurt said. Its stupid to come and complain about the game in a forum filled with its fans.

cloud20747
04-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Coming on a Kingdom Hearts Forum to say you think it sucks.....
Yeah pretty stupid.....
But if your still on the Island then I agree cause the Island is soooooo boring

kaizer21
04-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Really, you didn't like it!? Aw, that's to bad, but I guess it's not your taste of games, but my friend really likes it, and he's one of those kinda people who look for games with zombies, guns and just plain manhunt games. So, I guess that if you played a small part of the game, you're gonna either get discouraged or bored, like i was to FF10, but I play it every day now...

MoonZapdos
04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry Wishwash but go to the freakin' abyss. :mad:

Sephex
04-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, I gave this game a fair shot, and I couldn't stand it after awhile. The camera was terrible, most enviroments were very closed in, and the gameplay felt very lacking. I think I'll let Gabe from Penny Arcade take over from here:

**"Yes it's true, I think Kingdom Hearts is complete ****. I purchased it because Kara is a big Disney fan and I was hoping it would be something we could play together. Early in the game Kara got frustrated with the jumping and passed the controller off to me. At first I tried to enjoy it, but that just wasn't going to happen. So then I looked at it like a job. I knew it wasn't going to be fun but I had to finish this game. That lasted for about five or six hours. Eventually it was everything I could do not to break the game in half and throw it in the garbage.

They should change the name from Kingdom Hearts to "Lame jumping puzzles with worlds most ****ed up camera hearts." At least that way people would know what they were getting into. After playing it most of the day on Saturday I finally told Kara that I couldn't do it anymore. I told her that each minute I spent hopping from one stupid thing to another as the camera swung wildly around behind me was like nails on a chalkboard. She asked if I might give it a try again later and I explained that I would rather die. Oh God, and the Gummi ship. Whose brilliant idea was the ****ing Gummi ship!?

"You know Bob, I don't think our game is ****ty enough yet. Instead of just having the player wait while the next poorly conceived level loads, why not make them play a half assed space shooter?"

"I love it! Let's go get wrecked."

My recommendation is that Square stick to making the same game over and over again rather than branching out into unfamiliar genres."**

Exactly.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-18-2005, 10:15 PM
haters...........its not a hardcore game.........but u got to admit it is fun

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Another thing is that you have to sift through all the battle menus in real-time, meaning the enemies are still running around and trying to kill you while you're picking out your Potion or whatever. This never really hindered me except maybe in the Kurt Zisa fight, but it's still incredibly stupid when games do it, and I hope they fix it in the sequel.

strawberryman
04-18-2005, 11:16 PM
meaning the enemies are still running around and trying to kill you while you're picking out your Potion or whatever. This never really hindered me except maybe in the Kurt Zisa fight,
That's what the quick spells menu is for. The only time you really need items is with a move like Descent Harvest Angel. And even that is easy to fix if you time it right.

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Another thing is that you have to sift through all the battle menus in real-time, meaning the enemies are still running around and trying to kill you while you're picking out your Potion or whatever. This never really hindered me except maybe in the Kurt Zisa fight, but it's still incredibly stupid when games do it, and I hope they fix it in the sequel.

Agreed.

I really disliked the camera angles on this game (they've supposedly fixed this issue), and the Gummi ships were horridly stupid and useless.

Aside from that, I loved it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-19-2005, 02:12 AM
I wish they'd taken a cue from PSO, their real-time combat system was really effective. Something similar would be much preferable to what they used.

It's still a fun game though.

StarlightAngel
04-19-2005, 03:59 PM
The PSO Fighting system was rather good *nodnod*

Destai
04-19-2005, 04:15 PM
I enjoyed the open battle system, Having to jump to gain advantage in a fight and to solve puzzles never bothered me and I never had any problems with the camera angle. There was also the lock on feature making the attacks easier to direct.

youk
04-19-2005, 07:35 PM
it was a really good game but what i think you did not like about it is that you get this kinda kiddy feeling of the game cause disney charcters where in it

TurkSlayer
04-20-2005, 12:53 AM
it was a really good game but what i think you did not like about it is that you get this kinda kiddy feeling of the game cause disney charcters where in it

Your right about the kiddy feel, however later in the game the story gets a little darker. (mainly at Hollow Bastion.) The kiddy feel was a little annoying, as were the puzzles, but otherwise I love this game.

Pheesh
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
i hate this game

of course you do, you little attention seeker . God damn, i am so sick of people who think that they are bringing up a smart point by repeating the same post about how this game is so lame. also, you should probably leave it out of the place where people who like the game post. Go form a club and winge to them about how life is unfair because not all the games that you're holy eyes have seen aren't perfect.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Lunar Yuna
04-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Boy oh boy did you pick the wrong place to say that XD. You need to play more into the game, my friend, before you're so quick to judge it. Maybe it's weird and a new combination but, wouldn't the world be a boring place if there were no new ideas? Just try it out a little more, and see what you think afterward. I'll respect your opinion, no matter what, like a good sport. And in return, I think you should just give some new things a try before shooting it down, especially in a forum section deticated to it.

Chibi Youkai
04-26-2005, 11:45 PM
I don't honestly see the point of a person professing their distaste for a game, I really don't. Sure, you hate it. But why drag all of the rest of us down who do like it. Yea, the game had a bad camera, and the menu could have been better, but that's no reason to proclaim to everyone else that basically, you think their choice in games suck, just because you personally don't like the game.

I still respect your opinion, but why do people insist on making threads simply to complain that the game was no good, when the people who post here obviously enjoy the game. It's fustrating. Would you be happy if a person made a thread like that in a fourm of a game that you found enjoyable?

Raven Nox
04-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Well... acording to Behold the Void we're supposed to make fun of you now... I was never good at it though, so someone else do it... seriously though, play at least half-way through before saying you hate it AT LEAST!!! I hated FF8 when I first played it, played it again years later and I love it now, give it another try. Just one.

Trumpet Thief
04-27-2005, 02:49 AM
chaos: First of all, I do think you should get farther into the game before judging it. I found Destiny Islands very boring as well, but later on, you'll probably get hooked.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Skyblade
04-27-2005, 04:54 AM
I prefer not to ridicule people openly unless they insult me openly first, so I'll just stick to making my points on why this game is frelling awesome.

As to the movement/jumping issues... If you have a problem with that, you must have been sitting in a concrete cell for the paste few decades. The exact same movement style has been used in tons of other games, including The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Since these are both classic action/RPGs, if you dislike that style of movement and combat, you should probably stay out of the genre altogether.

The camera could be a bit odd at times, but I have yet to see a 3D action/adventure game where this isn't true (granted, I haven't played every one out there. But every one I've played or heard of has had some people who complained about its camera). For the majority of the time, it worked perfectly for me.

I thought that the item system in battle was fine, except that they should have cut it down. If they were going to have you use the items in real time during battles, you should have access to all of the items in your inventory. Giving each character a certain number of items that he could hold would have worked a lot better if time froze while accessing the items screen. Oh, and out of curiousity, where the hell do all the other items go anyway? Each character can hold a half dozen items, but you have a couple thousand by the game's end. What, do you just leave it in a pile before you fight the Heartless and hope that no one robs you blind?

The story was great, IMHO. It started out really cool in that dream world where you choose the settings and first fight Darkside, then switches to the islands for what is undoubtedly the slowest portion of the game. But once you set off to the various worlds, the pace picks up and the mood gets darker and darker. The hero sacrifices himself for the one he loves, and her love brings him back (after a really cool [though short] sequence where you get to play a Heartless), and the hero goes on to triumph over the darkness. Riku, who is falling further into the darkness as the game proceeds, finally redeems himself and helps to seal the door to darkness. Sure, there were holes in the plot (like who the frell is the voice that Sora encounters several times who tells him that he is the one who will open the door to the light), but nowhere near as many as Chain of Memories had.

True, if you are looking for a Final Fantasy style RPG in this game you are doomed to disappointment, because KH isn't the same style of game. No one ever claimed it was. If you hate the game and like all the classic Final Fantasy games, then go play them and leave us in peace. If you hate the idea of Disney and Final Fantasy characters combined, either get over it or leave. I admit, I was very hesitant about the idea when I first heard of it, but I think it turned out great. There were references to tons of Disney movies, and yet Square Enix was able to fit the characters nicely into their own storyline. Yes, the Final Fantasy characters are not identical to the ones from the Final Fantasy games. So what? I agree that Cloud and Vincent should have been two seperate characters (and I really wish Rinoa was there), but the characters weren't the same ones from the FF games (the fact that Aeris is still alive should have clued you in on that...), they were simply based off of those characters in personality and appearance. If you hate the idea of Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka as children, all I can suggest is that you get off of the islands.

The Gummi Ship was nowhere near as bad as most of the people complaining about it seem to think. Thanks to the Warp gummi, you only had to travel to each world once to gain access to that world permanently, and you could do that without even upgrading your ship, so if you didn't like the Gummi Ship, you didn't have to use it that much.

All in all, this game turned out great (in fact, the biggest problem I have with it is that one of the enemies is missing from Jiminy Cricket's journal). If you don't like it, then I suggest you stick to the standard FF games, because continuing to say that you hate it here will bring ridicule, scorn, and a few hand gernades in your direction. So you hate it. Why the frell are you telling us about it?! You have been warned: Continue to speak ill of this game at your own risk.

As things are, I am anxiously looking forward to the second in the series (while playing through Chain of Memories as Riku hoping to learn a little more about the questions that Sora's tale brought into my head).

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 04:51 AM
I prefer not to ridicule people openly unless they insult me openly first

The camera should be fixed in II. For the majority of the game, it worked for me. I also liked the camera style in PoP:SoT and WW.

I didn't think the item system in battle did particularly well; they should have cut it down, perhaps made a bit more like the magic shortcut. If they were going to have you use the items in real time during battles, you should have access to all of the items in your inventory.

The story was pretty good. I didn't like that dream world where you chose the settings and first fought Darkside. I actually would have preferred to find out more about the islands, but there wasn't much to it in that game. The pace picks up indeed and the mood does get darker and darker.
Who the frell is the voice that Sora encounters several times? It's been theorized that it's Mickey's voice. Why else does all that Disney memorabilia appear in that dream world?

Yes, the Final Fantasy characters are not identical to the ones from the Final Fantasy games . . . but the characters weren't the same ones from the FF games (I want them to create a new game based on the "Hollow Bastion" characters, all FFs in KH came from HB). I liked the idea of sparring with Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka as children.

I loved the Gummi Ship blueprinting. I hated the space battles. They were admittedly lame. They could've been better though. I think maybe the Gummi parts shouldn't have looked so much like toy blocks or playdo as they did.

This game did turn out better than I thought it would, and I was one of the few fans who was rooting for it (Skyblade, which enemy is missing from Jiminy Cricket's journal?).

I too anxiously await the second in the series while playing through Chain of Memories as Riku hoping to learn a little more about the questions that Sora's tale brought into my head. Though I'm having a B*** of a time against a Riku clone and I can't find any decent enemies to level up Riku.

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 07:13 AM
The missing enemy is the boss that you get the Superglide ability after defeating, the demon from Fantasia with the "Night on Bald Mountain" theme music. Chernabog is the name the official strategy guide gives him, but I've played through the game several times on both normal and expert mode, and he never shows up in Jiminy's journal.

I would think that it is Mickey's voice, except that if Mickey knew Sora from the very beginning, he should have been able to give Donald and Goofy better instructions... Also, why would he speak only to Sora when he tells you about the point of no return? Donald and Goofy would have been very releaved to hear the King's voice, and it's not like it would have hurt them to know that they were at the last rest place before Ansem...

The Gummi Ship battles were not as good as they could be, I grant you that. I hope that if KHII has Gummi Ship battles that they are improved. But the biggest problem I had with the battles is that the best weapon is the Thunder Gummi. Thundara doesn't shoot straight ahead, Thundaga is way too slow, and the lasers are downright terrible. Pack eight Thunder Gummis on your ship and just hold down the cannon button the whole time and you will do a lot better than you will using Thundaga Gummis and Ultima Gummis.

Which version of the Riku clone are you facing? You fight him several times...

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Pack eight Thunder Gummis on your ship and just hold down the cannon button the whole time and you will do a lot better than you will using Thundaga Gummis and Ultima Gummis.

Which version of the Riku clone are you facing? You fight him several times...
The Gummi Ship battles aren't frustrating, they're weak and boring. I like to give my ships as many guns as possible to see how many places the lasers will shoot out from. I also like the shield, haste, and transform Gummi's 'cause they kinda shake things up. That's about all I like about it.

Here's where I am in Twilight Town using Riku.

Riku "Maybe Namine is in here..."
"Hold it, Real Thing."
Riku "!"
"Well, well. You've changed. Last time we met you were afraid of the darkness, but not anymore."
Riku "How can you tell?"
"Because I'm you."
Riku "No, I'M me."
"..."
"'I'm me,' he says. It must be nice, being real. A fake like me could never get away with saying that."
"That's right, I'm a phony! The way I look, the way I feel, everything!"
Riku "!"

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I beat Riku Replica fairly easily actually. Start by using your zero cards to break his attacks until you go into Dark Riku mode. Then, press the "A" button as fast as possible to unleash as many attacks on him as you can. When his health is down about half way, use Dark Aura (three 9's) and the battle will be almost over. Don't forget about the Oogie Boogie card if you need to heal.

I didn't mean that I found the Gummi battles hard or frustrating. I just really don't think that your basic cannon should be the best weapon in the game. I still have yet to know if the Esuna Gummis actually do anything (they say that they are supposed to reveal hidden items, but damned if I know whether or not they are working), and the armor gummis and wing gummis seem almost useless (except to make the ship look cool). Like I said, they could have done a much better job. I just hope things are improved if Gummi Ships show up in KHII.

Destai
04-29-2005, 03:58 PM
My advice for any part of Chain of memories. Always have two or three zero cards at the start of your deck and only use those two when the boss is preparing for a very damaging attack. When youve used both those cards reload and repeat the process of attacking. When the enemy is thrown off after using either of those zero cards is often a good time to heal yourself although in reverse rebirth you may not have any of mickeys cards to heal yourself with at that point in the game.

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 05:39 PM
You haven't played Reverse/Rebirth yet, have you Destei? You can't edit Riku's deck. The cards are set, and you can't even reorder them. Fortunately, the zero cards are usually grouped at the back of the deck, so accessing them isn't that difficult.

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Right.

Destai
04-29-2005, 08:23 PM
You haven't played Reverse/Rebirth yet, have you Destei? You can't edit Riku's deck. The cards are set, and you can't even reorder them. Fortunately, the zero cards are usually grouped at the back of the deck, so accessing them isn't that difficult.I have actually. But not in a while since I passed it. I still used the same method. I just avoided using the 0 cards by moving past them with the L&R buttons.

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I use the Zero cards whenever DR uses a sleight, but I still can't get any attacks in. The ZC's aren't arranged at the back, they're in three separate and hard to reach places. Three of them. I have to reload my deck as soon as I've used the last one and I can't get away from Riku.

I hate the dialogue! Games with lots of dialogue to skip have always frustrated me. They should've had a scene-skip feature.

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 08:33 PM
They do. Hold the Start button for a second.

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 08:51 PM
THATS AWESOME! I'm not angry anymore. :love:

Skyblade
04-30-2005, 01:55 AM
THATS AWESOME! I'm not angry anymore. :love:

...Feel free to say "Thank you" any time now...

...Ungrateful jerk... :mad:

:D

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 02:07 AM
:ty: :love: :jap:

Xanthos Omnis
05-01-2005, 10:31 PM
In response to the person who said the FF characters in KH were not the same ones in the games,

If this were true, then the FF storylines would not even exist, right?

If so, then why, in the match against Sephiroth does he say "Let me take you to the Promised Land?" Also, why, when you defeat him, he says "The Planet is fading!"

Those seem like obvious FFVII references...

StarlightAngel
05-02-2005, 02:10 AM
References, yes. Same characters? no. Its a different universe from FF. The characters act like they did in FF, but things that happened in the game didn't all hapen to them in KH (like said before, just look at Aeris).

That's not to say that some of the things that happened to them in FF didn't happen to them in KH. It could have, for all we know. The FF characters are just there to spice up the game (If not attract some FF players) and thus are not too insanely important.

crashNUMBERS
05-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Coming on a Kingdom Hearts Forum to say you think it sucks.....
Yeah pretty stupid.....
But if your still on the Island then I agree cause the Island is soooooo boring

Mercen-X
05-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Its a different universe from FF. The characters act like they did in FF, but things that happened in the game didn't all hapen to them in KH (like said before, just look at Aeris).

That's not to say that some of the things that happened to them in FF didn't happen to them in KH. It could have, for all we know.
I want them to make a game called "Hollow Bastion."
It would be about incidents that occurred on Hollow Bastion before and may have lead to the experiments of Ansem.
This would provide us with a chance to play as Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, Auron, Aerith, Cid, (possibly Sephiroth), and (possibly the kiddies Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie) all in KH form. We'd be able to see their KH history.
We would be able to see Hollow Bastion in its formerly proclaimed splendor instead of the chaotic world with a single chaotic tower to visit. There are upsides but I'm too lazy to name'em all.